My Interpretation

Big Girl

Billy Brown

Over My Shoulder

Ring Ring

Stuck In The Middle

Grace Kelly

Lolipop

I can't believe you don't complain that it only lasted for 40 minutes!!! I know he only has one album but still you can do lots of covers (and he already did in radio shows) My impression was that it was a bit more for "appearance/universe" than for the music itself...

I can't believe you don't complain that it only lasted for 40 minutes!!! My impression was that it was a bit more for "appearance/universe" than for the music itself...

Okay, so yeah he really didn't play "Everybody's Talkin'" like I had thought.

Well, to be fair, he only has one album from which to perform songs from, so it's going to be a little on the short side, but I did not feel it was short at all...it's quality that counts, not quantity! I was so thoroughly absorbed for the duration of his set that I did not even notice that it was only 40 mins (was it really only 40 mins? It seemed longer?). Plus he prolly cut out "Everybody's Talkin'" because he was still recovering. I think we should cut Mika a bit of slack.

No he only sang ten songs

Relax

Love Today

My Interpretation

Big Girl

Billy Brown

Over My Shoulder

Ring Ring

Stuck In The Middle

Grace Kelly

Lolipop

I can't believe you don't complain that it only lasted for 40 minutes!!! My impression was that it was a bit more for "appearance/universe" than for the music itself...

Ten songs is not bad for an artist playing this sort of venue. Although Mika has number 1 album and single, you should remember that this has happened very quickly. When I bought my ticket for the Barfly Mika was still relatively unknown. This was certainly a longer setlist than I expected. I would expect the gigs in May to be bigger and better and have a few more songs.

That is all, imho, of course!

I feel for the people who spent Megabucks on eBay for Koko tix.

CW.

Why???

If people choose to pay touts more than £50 for a ticket that originally cost less than a tenner they can't suddenly expect that they should get more for their money.

I've been to gigs at the Barfly where the main act only plays 5 songs. I really think people's expectations were too high, if they thought they would get more than the album. He's a new artist, he doesn't have the material yet to play longer sets than this.

This is probably stupid but as I haven't been to a concert I'm just wondering how long could Mika' concert be if the album itself isn't so long? I mean including covers and all.

Not at all stupid Titania ... I quite agree with you.

Well honestly what do you prefer ? a rescheduled concert because of sickness or a 40min long concert ?! I, by far prefer the 1st possibility ...

And I edited my message for the "only one album" argument... He could have done plenty of covers... I m not saying i want a 2h long concert but at least one hour...

I heard at the end some people briefly booing, and people were disappointed around me lol

Who the hell is moaning? The face value of the ticket is £10 - what do you expect? On his next tour he'll probably do a longer set!

Anyway, tonight was amazing. Me and Jemma were the life and soul of the party!

I've been to gigs at the Barfly where the main act only plays 5 songs. I really think people's expectations were too high, if they thought they would get more than the album. He's a new artist, he doesn't have the material yet to play longer sets than this.

Usually when you record an album, you have more than 10 songs, last example, dolores O'Riordan for her solo album wrote more than 40 songs, only ten will be selected!

Then you cannot compare Mika before and after the release of his N°1 album! I didn't have high expectations, I was just asking for a regular concert which is for a new artist at least 1h! I went to thousands of gigs and that one is the shortest (Nelly Furtado in 2001 was N°1 lol)

I think Mika was great tonight though, lots of energy etcccc don't get me wrong ;) but next time keep the big girls, the lollipop girls, the love letters , the balloons and the confettis and pay for backing vocals so that we can have Happy Ending...That would be one additionnal song & 5 minutes more

Btw : i paid 12£25 for this concert, it's not the 55£ of Justin Timberlake of course, but since when a concert lenght is about the money ?!

From what I can gather there was only one song cut from the set. I don't think this was a shortened concert due to illness. I think that this gig was only ever intended to be approx 45 mins.

Like I said in my earlier post, gigs of this size are generally shorter in length. Mika's situation is unusual in that he has become more well-known since the tickets for these gigs went on sale. Had he still been a relatively unknown artist, I think your opinion on the length of concert would be different.

Anyway that is my opinion. I certainly will not be disappointed to see Mika perform 10 songs in an intimate venue tomorrow evening. It will probably be the one and only time I get to see him perform in such a small venue, and I shall savour every one of the 40 minutes.

Actually, if you work it out - my ticket was £8.00 - if he plays 10 songs, that's 80p per song. Only 1p more than i-tunes for live music ... fantastic value!

My opinion would have been the same if he didn't top the charts! I don't care if he's doing well in the charts as long as I like his music... But apparently this concert was important to him & his management because of all this mess on stage, maybe if he hadn't been well known, he would have played more LOL... (with the "if" we can rebuild the world!!)

Anyway i just hope that everybody is still realistic and not fanatic ;)

I love Mika s music but for me 40 min is by far too short!

If it is a straight choice between more songs or extra dancers and balloons, then I'm with you Stephane ... give me the songs anyday!

See ... we do agree :roftl:

I bet we don't get so much of the 'mess' in Birmingham tomorrow. My guess was that this was done, like you say, for publicity. And the national press will have been at Koko tonight.

However, I am willing to bet that tomorrow night we get exactly the same length of concert, without the extras. I don't think the extra showy stuff was at the expense of more songs. I think Mika's standard set at the moment is those 10 songs. (Isn't the setlist exactly the same as the Berkley Square and Radio 2 gigs?)

UMM! This is very interesting. I'm going to Dublin to see him and I was toying with the idea of flying back the same night, but thinking the gig wouldn't be over until about 10.30, I would miss the flight back, so I was looking at places to stay, but if it's only 40 minutes long, I could probably fly (pardon the pun) back to the airport in time for the last flight back, (I 've got a cousin who's a taxi driver so it shouldn't be a problem, hopefully).

I'm kind of disappointed Happy Ending isn't in the set, but if he does it at Glastonbury I'll forgive him (hell how can you get mad at the guy when he brings that smile on! :blush-anim-cl: ). Roll on next Thursday night!:woot_jump:

I think Mika's standard set at the moment is those 10 songs. (Isn't the setlist exactly the same as the Berkley Square and Radio 2 gigs?)

Tonight's setlist is essentially the same as the Berkeley Square gig, but the song order was shuffled, "Ring Ring" included and "Everybody's Talkin'" taken out.

Berkeley Square Setlist:

Relax

Love Today

Billy Brown

Everybody's Talkin'

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Over My Shoulder

Stuck In The Middle

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

Koko Setlist:

Relax Intro

Relax

Love Today

My Interpretation

Big Girl

Billy Brown

Over My Shoulder

Ring Ring

Stuck In The Middle

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

OK - I have only just got home (only live 30 mins from Camden!) from what I can only describe as a freakin awesome night! I was at the front, stage left... and yes Mika only did 10 track, but they were brilliant.. what made the evenine even better.. (apart from meeting Jemmalee properly!!!) was..........

GETTING IN TO THE AFTER SHOW PARTY!!!!! There is just too much to write at this late hour.. and my midnight snack is getting cold!!

Will post more tomorrow.. but.. here is a teaser... Brian May was there!!!

I'll leave you with that for now... I have some amazing pics and videos which I will post sometime tomorrow...

Time for my snack... am ravenous!!

nite nite!! xxxx

I have to admit I loved every single minute of it. It may have only been 40-50mins but it is Quality that counts not Qunatity. Sure it may have been a little bit shorter than your standard gig, but it was only £10 a ticket, so it was hardly surprising.

I also thought the talking in Over My Shouldar was very bad and dissapointing.

Quality wise this gig rocked, and the energy put into it was outstanding. I also managed to get Mika's setlist from his piano :cool: (thanks to the roadie guy).

GETTING IN TO THE AFTER SHOW PARTY!!!!! There is just too much to write at this late hour.. and my midnight snack is getting cold!!

Will post more tomorrow.. but.. here is a teaser... Brian May was there!!!

Blast I got offered to go into that, but had to catch a train :crybaby: