We've had the 'if Mika wasn't gorgeous' thread, how about this...

girlintheblue

[couldn't fit the rest of the title in!]

OK, if the music wasn't as good, would you still be here?

The 'if Mika wasn't gorgeous thread' seemed to say that we would all still like to listen to the music - so if the music was ****, would you still be a fan?? Would you have come onto this website to just look at pics, and bin the CD????

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so ! There are many good-looking guys whose music does not interest me at all and I don't go to forums about them. If Mika's music was not good, if he only was an handsome guy, I would not have posted messages here and become a Mika Obsessive ! It was his music that attracted me first ! I didn't even know how he looked like ! How lucky he is : handsome and talented at the same time ! This doesn't happen very often !

I wouldn't be!

At first I didn't really notice whether Mika was good looking or not, even after quite a few viewings of Grace kelly vid etc., I just loved the music, so consequently I started to want to find out more and more about him, watched all his various interviews/performances etc ... and only then did I realise how gorgeous and adorable he is as well as talented:wub2:

So if the music had been s*** I know I'd never have developed this obsession :blush-anim-cl: and wouln't be here; I would now still be sane and leading a productive life..:naughty:

I'm the same way...there are a lot of musicians that are good looking but dont have the greatest sounding music and i dont go to their forums...i didnt even notice his looks at first...i was hooked right away with his music. So, if his music wasnt as good, no, i doubt i would be on here at all.

Nah I really don't think I'd be here because there are other singers who I think are good looking but I haven't even considred joining a club for them.Mika really has got it all :biggrin2:

just what I wanted to say, it is definitely the music first for me, then the way he delves on stage and performes ,his personality , then his looks. But really it all goes hand in hand, if it hadn't been for the music I would not have taken much notice, nor be typing this..:wink2:

Possibly not, as it was hearing the music that gravited me to him in the first place, as has been said already, there are lots of good looking singers out there, but unless the music grabs me I don't really look any further.

Hmm, I think it depends on whether he still acted the same, eg. the outfits, the personality, the stage presentation, the showmanship. 'Cos if you had a good-looking guy singing awful songs but dressing them up and 'selling' them like they're little pop gems, that would just be really, REALLY irritating. Then again, I guess if his image was toned down to fit with mediocre songs we'd all be bored to tears. So nope, doesn't work without great music for me!

If he wasnt a great musician and have an amazing album you wouldnt have Mr Freddie Im afraid .... or maybe thats a good thing !! :wink2::roftl:

I with u it's all about the music the fact that he's SEX on legs is an extra:wub2: :mf_lustslow:

I dont think I would be here if his music wasnt so good. I wouldnt of proberly known about him if it wasnt for his song on the radio XD I fell in love with his music before his looks... but his looks helped me get on here ya know. XD

No definitely not. I heard his music and him speaking first. I heard reviews of LICM on R2 but I knew before I heard them that I would love them, I don't know how or why.

Then I started looking for the video on the music channels and thought he was a bit odd looking (sorry :blush-anim-cl: ), but as time went on and I heard more songs and interviews and saw him in the video and performing, I became a bit obsessed fairly quickly.

It was the music at first and without that I wouldn't have looked twice, but now it is the whole package, music, looks, personality, need I go on?

No definitely not. I heard his music and him speaking first. I heard reviews of LICM on R2 but I knew before I heard them that I would love them, I don't know how or why.

Then I started looking for the video on the music channels and thought he was a bit odd looking (sorry :blush-anim-cl: ), but as time went on and I heard more songs and interviews and saw him in the video and performing, I became a bit obsessed fairly quickly.

It was the music at first and without that I wouldn't have looked twice, but now it is the whole package, music, looks, personality, need I go on?

well put, with the whole package thing. That sums it up!

lol i do the same as you ! anyway i heard the album before i noticed what mika looked like & i was amazed how good all the tracks on the cd were , so i might have still been here if mika was bogging i just want kept up to date with the mika gossip

It's gotta be about the music though? Oops, husband alert! Back later!!!