Mika Update - 16th March

Beckar

For those that dont have myspace x3

MIKA Update!

Body: Patrick Wolf is a genius.

Funny things happen on aeroplanes. I don’t know what it is. The unusually confined space, the recycled kerosene infused air or maybe its just being closer to God. My opinions become extreme. I tend to rant/bitch about everything, mostly to my sister (who pretends to listen), dance around euphorically to my iPod or cry at movies. I NEVER cry watching movies… normally. I am on a British Airways flight on my way to South by Southwest music festival in Texas. The flight attendant clearly doesn’t like me and he’s made it very clear. He could make condescension an art form and the lady next me complained to him about my headphone dancing, only making matters worse.

Perhaps it’s the altitude that explains the extreme euphoria I am feeling for Patrick Wolf’s music. I have to admit I am quite late jumping on the Wolf bandwagon as he is already on his third album. The Magic Position is an album I can’t stop playing and I intend on making up for my lateness as much as possible.

Once again, thanks to all of you who have come out to the shows over the past few weeks. With the speed at which everything has happened, playing live is the one thing that makes everything feel real. I now miss it when were not on the road doing gigs. Thankfully that doesn’t look like its gonna be an issue any time soon!

LOVE TODAY VIDEO

Just finished the Love Today video for which I collaborated with Sophie Muller again. Look out for my friends from the Grace Kelly video. You can check it out tomorrow morning on T4 at around 11.30am!

I have no idea what to expect of South by Southwest. I’ve always heard about it from people in the industry but never really from musicians themselves, so will be interesting. One thing’s for sure, with as many as 130 Brits over there this year, there’s sure to be a decent bar around to run away from the execs.

I’ll write this weekend to let you know how it goes. Apparently I am doing a gig with Pete Townsend. Rumour has it that he may play live with me and my guitarist Martin on Love Today. Jesus, it’s a funny old life.

Lollipops all round!

Mika

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flight attendant clearly doesn’t like me and he’s made it very clear. He could make condescension an art form and the lady next me complained to him about my headphone dancing, only making matters worse.

DON'T THEY KNOW WHO HE IS?!!! :shocked: :shocked:

How could the woman complain?! How could the flight attendant dislike him?! :shocked: Are they INSANE?!

How could the woman complain?! How could the flight attendant dislike him?! :shocked: Are they INSANE?!

My thoughts exactly! I mean..............Just IMAGINE!

Apparently they were some kind of aliens! :glasses2:

Most likely they didnt have a clue who he was :shocked:

which in itself is unbelieveable

Ooh, this is a great update. Patrick Wolf is one of my favourite artists (if you don't know him yet check out the album that Mika mentionned - the magic position - it's great). So it makes me love Mika even more to know that he appreciates him too.

p.s. first post here, by the way! Hello, everyone :)

They definitely were aliens!!! :boxed: strange people. how can they DON`T KNOW what he is?! :blink: okay...

Thanks for posting Beckar! You`re the best! :thumb_yello: I don`t have myspace so it`s veeeery nice that someone thinks about other too. :wink2:

P.S. When there appears anything more in myspace, please someone put it in HeRe!

this is well spooky!

I had never heard of Patrick Wolf until earlier today ( okay, where have I been, I know!! I'm old..) when by chance I saw his video on The Hits, and I immediately thought to myself, I bet Mika would love this! He (Wolf) is amazing and quirky just like Mika - and then I come on here and read about his myspace update.

:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

this is well spooky!

I had never heard of Patrick Wolf until earlier today ( okay, where have I been, I know!! I'm old..) when by chance I saw his video on The Hits, and I immediately thought to myself, I bet Mika would love this! He (Wolf) is amazing and quirky just like Mika - and then I come on here and read about his myspace update.

:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Hmmm !! That's what we could call a connection ! :wink2: