Mika or Mica?

raspberrypie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww, thanks titania!! that was most interesting and the pics.. wow! I have seen them before but they were somehow very appealing, like seen anew! thanks again!

I can see in some sources he's credited as mica penniman. in some others (wikipedia for ex.) as michael holbrook penniman.. I am almost positive I read he called himself mica in his early career (which may as well be his "true" name) and then turned it into mika..

I know wikipedia is often not trust worthy. I wonder where did they get such news.. :blink: I am sure I have read this data elsewhere though. it must have spread from there.. :blink:

I imagine its in his personal life as well that he is Mika as his friends use Mika - at least on the comments etc that they leave him. He did so because, as many have said, it was mispronounced as the hebrew (meesha).

Haha thats so cute that he forgets. I do that on occasion so I have to double check whenever I write about him to ensure I'm not writing mica.

"He chose the name Mika for his professional name because he was frustrated with how often people would mispronounce Mica"

That's on wikipedia :)

Really? :blink:

Ah I should check that more often...so her CAN get frustrated...don't mind me I'm just weird :roftl:

His full name is Michael Holbrook Penniman.

No its not. Wikipedia was wrong. Mika has said himself that it was never Michael. His fathers name was Michael and some reporter somewhere mixed it up. He's been Mica all his life. People, take everything Wiki says with a grain of salt. Anyone can edit it (I tried editing the Michael Holbrook Penniman thing but I don't know how it worked if people are still coming here thinking that) and it is just wrong so often. Please, be careful with your internet sources.

No its not. Wikipedia was wrong. Mika has said himself that it was never Michael. His fathers name was Michael and some reporter somewhere mixed it up. He's been Mica all his life. People, take everything Wiki says with a grain of salt. Anyone can edit it (I tried editing the Michael Holbrook Penniman thing but I don't know how it worked if people are still coming here thinking that) and it is just wrong so often. Please, be careful with your internet sources.

What? So weird. Do someone knows what his full name is then?

We should have someone to change that Michael thing! I believed when i read it.. Kinda made me sad, thought Mika was his name.. Which it is!

I just changed it to Mica Penniman again. Let's see how long it sticks this time.. =P

I wish I could help you, femifrosk, but as far as I know it was Mica Penniman. If you want to figure it out I imagine you'll have to go to the man himself or a family member. *shrug*