The first time I heard Mr. Brightside, I was already a huge fan because of Somebody Told Me. It came on the radio and I was in tears because my boyfriend and I were having some major problems. I stopped crying and listened to the lyrics, wondering if "this song" is by the same guys who made Sombody Told Me. I was in such an unhappy, dire mood that the song comforted me in a weird way. I was actually driving to see my boyfriend and wondered if we would be breaking up shortly. lol....four years later and we're still together.

The Mr. Brightside video is pure bliss. My favorite part is when Brandon sings "It was only a kiss... it was ONLY A KISS" straight into the camera. *sighhhh* :)

You know what I heard/saw about that video...

I think that their pants (Brandon's in particular) were too tight that they ripped and they had some woman sewing them up, while they were still wearing them...pretty funny to watch...

LOL I must say, I prefer the clean cut look that he used to have.

i actually meant him getting wasted and trashing the table they were sitting by.. he was being cool and rock and stuff i guess but i didn't like it.

Brandon's moustache forever!! hahaha

And hey, if you are going to see the Killers this Agoust...can you invite me? :blush-anim-cl: hahaha just kidding probably when they come back to Mexico ill be there! I'm so excited...

i actually meant him getting wasted and trashing the table they were sitting by.. he was being cool and rock and stuff i guess but i didn't like it.

Oh yeah? I didn't hear about that! That doesn't sound particularly classy....

I found this...take a look ^^

Q&A THE KILLERS

Brandon Flowers is en route to Reading and Leeds. Minus cowboy hat, but still replete with facial hair.

Hello Brandon. It’s festival time = are you taking tumbleweed and cowboy hats again?

We’re not and I’m going to miss that. With the Sam’s town tour it felt like we actually brought the music and the place to every country. I feel like we’ve shown the world Las Vegas isn’t just about the strippers and hookers. It’s tumbleweed and goats, too.

What songs can we expect to hear?

We’ll be doing some Sam’s Town songs, but the idea is to play some totally new tracks. In fact, we had a very emotional day when we finished the Sam’s Town world tour. We took the tumbleweed from the tour back out into the desert and let it go. It needed to be liberated.

How’s the album sounding?

No title, just a few demos. It’s sounding like four guys standing in various living rooms getting ideas together. When you’re making music, anything can seep in. I just saw this guy drive past earlier who had blue skin. He drinks a medicinal potion called colloidal silver and it’s turned him blue. Now that’s a great story for a song.

Have you got the widescreen Americana thing out of your system?

I think so. It’s good to have phases and Sam’s Town grew from a feeling to a song to a whole album – and then the outfits and tumbleweed. So far we haven’t got a concept to hang the new album on.

Can you give me a taster?

I can’t wait to do Tidal Wave, which is a pop song with a vein of Drive-In Saturday by David Bowie. It’s also a bit like I drove All Night by Roy Orbison.

Do you still have facial hair?

I do. I’m at a pivotal moment, though. Tana (Flower’s wife) likes it, but the baby (nine-month old Ammon) doesn’t so much. When I snuggle up to him, it prickles and he really starts to bawl. I can’t really blame him because until I was 10 years old I believed that any man with a beard would kidnap me.

There’s your album concept; fatherhood.

Well, you say that, and I listened to Kate Bush’s This Woman’s Work (from soundtrack to 1988’s She’s having a Baby) recently, which I think was about her baby (actually about confronting parenthood). It’s incredibly powerful. But we won’t do an album about fatherhood. In fact, my criticism of Sam’s Town is that I neglected my ability to tell a story. On Mr Brightside and JWAFOM you could follow the narrative all the want through. I want to get back to that.

Stuart Price, who has worked with Madonna and Seal, is producing. Are you dragging him to Las Vegas, or is he dragging you to London?

Neither. We use the internet. We demo and send it to him. Then he calls back and we talk about it. It’s really doing wonders for our carbon footprint.

What music are you listening to at the moment?

American radio is much more conservative that in the UK. In Vegas we have Jack FM and Jill FM. Seriously a classic rock station for guys and another for girls. Today I was listening to a bit of Fleetwood Mac, a bit of Peter Gabriel and then Oingo Boingo. But you can’t take any hints as to what we’ll be doing from that.

This year you’re headlining Reading and Leeds. Last year it was Glastonbury. You didn’t enjoy that, did you?

Well….there were sound problems and it’s such a big show that I think we felt overawed. But then we did TITP, the pressure was off and we agreed it was the highlight of our career so far. The crowd were amazing. We felt we could do no wrong. That was the first time I ever thought. “Wow, this is what it’s like being in U2!”

Can Jay-Z bring the glitz and glamour to Glastonbury this year?

I don’t’ know what I think about that. All I do know is that I’m against gansta rap. I don’t even know if Jay-Z does gansta rap. It’s not uplifting to people who listen to it. We have a big problem with violence in America, and when you live with the reality of that it’s hard to enjoy music that endorses it. But that’s “Brandon Flowers of Las Vegas” talking not “Brandon Flowers of The Killers”

What’s been your best festival experience?

From as sheer mind-blowing natural phenomenon point of view it would have to be the festival we did in Norway in the summer. In southern Norway the sun sets for two hours. We headlined and we came off just as it was getting dark. We dried off and I went to see Bright Eyes and 1a, just as it was getting light. It was incredibly moving.

Are you still doing your own laundry on the road?

Yes I am. I am very particular about the way I do my T-Shirts especially. The moment I take them out of the dryer is very precise. Everyone else nukes’em. I like them still a little damp.

Come on, a rock star washing his own smalls. Only Morrissey can make that work.

Maybe. The thing is, I trust my wife with my laundry, but that’s it. Touring is a crazy whirlwind and sometimes it’s nice to have a little something that makes you feel like you’re still in control.

I hope this wasnt posted yet :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.thekillersfansite.com/qmagjune08.html

Oh yeah? I didn't hear about that! That doesn't sound particularly classy....

'dave's already celebrated for all of us'.. it is partly funny. not the table trashing though..

it's just that it worries me a bit. like after the berlin gig people were saying that dave couldn't leave the venue by himself, he had to be carried. but on the other hand i didn't see it, not sure if it's true. oh well, maybe there's nothing to worry about.

Kissable, thanks for the interview! always good to read sth new. the way he's talking about his laundry is like hearing mika talking about his tea :roftl:

and still, everyone can get wasted from time to time, it's ok. i just seem to be having little panic attacks when i think that sth bad might happen to the killers. TK, U2 and Mika are my three major addictions and i want them to last well, as long as it's possible.. :naughty:

I love the Killers!@...

One of the best bands!..I adore their music and I adore Brandon too.

Sam's Town I play over and over again.....just love that album. Oh and the Sawdust album is amazing too.

Thought I might add some pretty Brandon pictures for this great thread! :naughty:

brandon.jpg

brandon3.jpg

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much. I think they're a very cohesive band and I think they're long-lasting.

i think so too and i usually don't worry at all, it comes and goes..

I love the Killers!@...

One of the best bands!..I adore their music and I adore Brandon too.

Sam's Town I play over and over again.....just love that album. Oh and the Sawdust album is amazing too.

Thought I might add some pretty Brandon pictures for this great thread! :naughty:

i saw the first pic and was like aaaww, then the second one and it was the same, and then i was like :blink: wtf happened to brandon? he looks like sacha baron cohen :roftl: