I. Can't. Wait.

!!!!!

"Killers plan to return to their roots.

The Killers are planning to go "back to basics" on their forthcoming third studio album.

hi everyone! i thought this tread was dead and i was going to bump it with the nme awards news but there's no need. great!

coming back to their roots? didn't brandon say at one point that they won't write another somebody told me? i'm kinda glad they changed their minds though. i can't wait for new album and new tour! is anyone going to see them on summer festivals?

i always argue with people who say that sam's town was disappointing, i don't think it was and i loved it. but i do prefer hot fuss. just a little bit. but yeah, whether it's tranquilize or sweet talk u can still hear it's the killers even though the songs seem so different.

I don't understand people saying ST was disappointing too. I think that record is outstanding and it's really a tie for me in terms of ST and HF. I love them both pretty equally.

Although, I know Brandon made a lot of people mad when he said ST was going to be one of the all-time greatest records. He shoots his mouth off a lot and people don't like it oftentimes. I agreed with him, though...LOL

I don't understand people saying ST was disappointing too. I think that record is outstanding and it's really a tie for me in terms of ST and HF. I love them both pretty equally.

Although, I know Brandon made a lot of people mad when he said ST was going to be one of the all-time greatest records. He shoots his mouth off a lot and people don't like it oftentimes. I agreed with him, though...LOL

yep, best record in the last 10-20 years. and he also said that where the white boys dance is the best song ever written :naughty:

i don't think it's good to build up people's expectations that high, but i guess he was excited :wink2: and i also think he learns from his mistakes.

i was asking about the festivals coz i've read somewhere that they're gonna play some new songs :das:

Yeah, hopefully Brandon will just keep quiet with this next album and (hopefully) blow away everyone with it. :D

They'll most likely play some new tracks at the festivals, especially since the new record will maybe follow shortly. I won't be attending any because they're not hitting the US. When they do a full on tour I'll be going though. :)

Yeah, hopefully Brandon will just keep quiet with this next album and (hopefully) blow away everyone with it. :D

They'll most likely play some new tracks at the festivals, especially since the new record will maybe follow shortly. I won't be attending any because they're not hitting the US. When they do a full on tour I'll be going though. :)

I think that's exactly what he's doing now :thumb_yello:

yeah, unfortunately me neither. i've seen them only once, i had tickets for two gigs when i went to germany but got rubbed in berlin and didn't make it to frankfurt :tears: so i'm waiting for the new tour also :punk:

Aw, that's so unfortunate that you were robbed and unable to go! That must have been a rough time for you. :(

As for me...I have seen them three times... once in 2004 on their first US tour and twice last summer. They are one band that I never miss seeing when they tour near me. Next time they tour, I hope to see them numerous times!

Aw, that's so unfortunate that you were robbed and unable to go! That must have been a rough time for you. :(

As for me...I have seen them three times... once in 2004 on their first US tour and twice last summer. They are one band that I never miss seeing when they tour near me. Next time they tour, I hope to see them numerous times!

they were also u2's support in Poland in 2005, that's how i discovered them.

yeah, it was.. interesting, i spent the night on a railway station wondering how i'm gonna go back to Poland and then some Russian guys came and borrowed me 15 euros :naughty:

I love The Killers :wub2: I saw them live twice last summer at festivals and they totally blown me away. Amazing band. My favourite songs are Somebody told me and All the things that I've done. But all of Hot Fuss is of complete brilliance. I like Sam's Town as well though, it's different, but good.

they were also u2's support in Poland in 2005, that's how i discovered them.

yeah, it was.. interesting, i spent the night on a railway station wondering how i'm gonna go back to Poland and then some Russian guys came and borrowed me 15 euros :naughty:

I'd probably have been in tears if that had happened to me! Hopefully your next concert experience with the Killers is much better. :)

I love The Killers :wub2: I saw them live twice last summer at festivals and they totally blown me away. Amazing band. My favourite songs are Somebody told me and All the things that I've done. But all of Hot Fuss is of complete brilliance. I like Sam's Town as well though, it's different, but good.

I think Brandon is one of the best frontmen around these days. Each time I've seen them they've never disappointed. Having seen them since they first began, it's been fun to see how much progression they've made over time.

I have to say I completely agree with this. I think I may actually like Sam's Town even more than Hot Fuss. There are a couple of songs that I always have to skip on HF (can't stand Everything Will Be All Right or Believe Me Natalie), but on ST, every song is perfect.

I've never been to one of their concerts, but I really can't wait for the day.

For me, there are a few songs from each album that I'm not crazy about...and I love a handfull of tracks from each record, so that's pretty much why it's too difficult to choose.

I will say, though, that Bones could very well be my most favorite of their songs to hear live. That song kicks some major booty and Brandon always sings it with a flirtatious air... it's just so good.

Mr. Brightside was the song that got me hooked. They were playing it on VH1 like every five minutes. It's funny because at first it just annoyed me so much for some reason. Every time it came on, I would say to myself, "I HATE this song! I can't wait until it's taken out of rotation. The Killers are horrible, horrible." And it was so weird, one morning I just woke up with it stuck in my head and it wasn't long before I was waiting to catch it every morning, waiting to see Eric Roberts and Brandon Flowers playing chess and to hear those amazing lyrics.

Yeah, I think there are some bands that are completely set apart in terms of the meanings behind their songs. Certainly their abilities as an artist goes along with that as well. The Killers are definitely due for praise in both regards. :)

True...

Mr. Brightside was the song that got me hooked. They were playing it on VH1 like every five minutes. It's funny because at first it just annoyed me so much for some reason. Every time it came on, I would say to myself, "I HATE this song! I can't wait until it's taken out of rotation. The Killers are horrible, horrible." And it was so weird, one morning I just woke up with it stuck in my head and it wasn't long before I was waiting to catch it every morning, waiting to see Eric Roberts and Brandon Flowers playing chess and to hear those amazing lyrics.

Ha ha...I can't think about the "Mr Brightside" video without thinking of Brandon Flowers and Eric Roberts playing chess and then the board get tossed to the side...