We all decided to leave at 12pm, which would get us to the city where the concert was being held around 2pm. I had called ahead to see when the gates for parking opened and they told me it would open at 5pm and the gates to go into the venue would be at 6pm.

It turned out I was told wrong. :( They ended up opening the gates at 1pm, so when we got to the venue there were two huge lines of people. I was pretty disappointed to see that, but I was also feeling so sick that I didn't even have enough energy to care about it. I told myself I needed to just be happy to see the Killers and to hear one of my favorite bands play.

Kenton (my boyfriend) and I hurried and got in line. A few minutes later, my sister Katherine and her husband Aaron, my other sister Caroline, my brother Evan, and our friend Lauren all joined us.

We finally were let inside to the venue and that was a bit of a mad dash. Thankfully, a lot of people stopped for merch and for drinks, which enabled us to get on the front row! We were towards the right of the stage, but just being at the front was a relief. I was very happy at that point!

The opening band was Wild Light.

n15932359_42117130_870488.jpg

n15932359_42117131_664223.jpg

It felt like they were on forever, but at that point I was feeling really horrible. At one point I just had to sit down and rest because my head hurt so much. They did maybe 5 or 6 songs and then we had to wait for the guys to come out....

Edited by mandilambi

Me and Kenton in line:

n15932359_42149182_2040674.jpg

Me looking really rough, but happy to be in the front row:

n15932359_42149183_6293255.jpg

I think everyone was getting antsy after Wild Light left. Any movement on the stage made people cheer and whenever the music on the speakers stopped people freaked out and thought they were coming on. Then all of the sudden the lights went out and we saw huge numbers on the big screen doing a countdown. I got the number 1. :)

n15932359_42117132_2666645.jpg

Everyone went crazy, including me. All of the sudden I forgot how sick I was feeling and began soaking everything in! They opened with Human, which was an interesting change from the last time I saw them. It was obvious the guys were going to be on fire that night!

n15932359_42117133_7753804.jpg

n15932359_42117135_2601989.jpg

The setlist was as follows:

Human

This Is Your Life

Somebody Told Me

For Reasons Unknown

I Can't Stay

Joy Ride

Bling (Confessions of a King)

Shadowplay

Smile Like You Mean It

Spaceman

Change Your Mind

A Dustland Fairytale

Sam's Town

Read My Mind

Mr. Brightside

All These Things That I've Done

Encore:

Bones

Jenny Was a Friend Of Mine

When You Were Young

No Neon Tiger, but I got my beloved Bones back! My absolute favorites for this concert was Somebody Told Me, Sam's Town, and Bones. There is something about STM where you actually feel like you are inside the music. I remember feeling that way when I saw the Killers back in 2005 and I still feel that way this many years later.

I think Brandon was in excellent spirits. He kept smiling throughout the concert and I think much of it was because of how much the audience was into the music. The whole crowd was jumping during every song and were singing as well. I love the feeling of knowing everyone around you is having just as much fun.

I even got a picture of him smiling :)

n15932359_42117252_1290654.jpg

n15932359_42117156_2195624.jpg

n15932359_42117157_6876800.jpg

n15932359_42117250_4666111.jpg

n15932359_42117251_4622336.jpg

n15932359_42117253_1177540.jpg

No problem, glad to share with you all!

Btw...here are random videos from the evening. I took a few too, but haven't uploaded them yet.

For Reasons Unknown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uu5Y8LyK5g

For Reasons Unknown part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVB5-ogz_Y&feature=related

Joy Ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcveAXPbJCE&feature=related

Mr. Brightside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=939SXHqIKvI&feature=related

Dustland Fairytale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfvTKCUrjpY&feature=related

All These Things That I've Done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn3fyPXplsc&feature=related

Sam's Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZrKnb0H9s&feature=related

Spaceman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPtj7SnYkA&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

The Killers will perform in the Royal Albert Hall on 5th and 6th of July! More importantly, they will then record their first ever live dvd!!! It'll be released later this year.

And I just got presale tickets for both shows :shocked: *faints*

Tickets will be released for the general public tomorrow at 8am, if anyone's interested!

If it was 2 weeks later I wouldn't be able to make it. I am so happy :wub2:

On Thursday, May 28th, 2009 at 8:00 AM (GMT), members of The Victims, the official fan club of The Killers, will have access to purchase pre-sale tickets for the following shows:

Sunday, July 5th, 2009 - London, GB - Royal Albert Hall

Monday, July 6th, 2009 - London, GB - Royal Albert Hall

The Killers have just confirmed two special concerts at The Royal Albert Hall on July 5th and 6th 2009. After their spectacular show at the legendary London venue last November, the Las Vegas band has chosen this most spectacular backdrop as the venue to which they’d most like to return for the filming of a live DVD, which will be released later this year. As a member of The Victims, the band wants you to come along and be part of the show.

It’s going to be a wonderful two nights. We hope you can join us.

In other news, be sure to watch the band perform, and an interview with Brandon, on BBC1 show Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, on Friday (29th) at 10.35pm.

The Killers will perform in the Royal Albert Hall on 5th and 6th of July! More importantly, they will then record their first ever live dvd!!! It'll be released later this year.

And I just got presale tickets for both shows :shocked: *faints*

Tickets will be released for the general public tomorrow at 8am, if anyone's interested!

If it was 2 weeks later I wouldn't be able to make it. I am so happy :wub2:

On Thursday, May 28th, 2009 at 8:00 AM (GMT), members of The Victims, the official fan club of The Killers, will have access to purchase pre-sale tickets for the following shows:

Sunday, July 5th, 2009 - London, GB - Royal Albert Hall

Monday, July 6th, 2009 - London, GB - Royal Albert Hall

The Killers have just confirmed two special concerts at The Royal Albert Hall on July 5th and 6th 2009. After their spectacular show at the legendary London venue last November, the Las Vegas band has chosen this most spectacular backdrop as the venue to which they’d most like to return for the filming of a live DVD, which will be released later this year. As a member of The Victims, the band wants you to come along and be part of the show.

It’s going to be a wonderful two nights. We hope you can join us.

In other news, be sure to watch the band perform, and an interview with Brandon, on BBC1 show Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, on Friday (29th) at 10.35pm.

OMG that is awesome! I'm so effin' happy for you and that they'll release a new DVD :biggrin2:

I'm seeing them tomorrow :wub2:

Have fun!!:thumb_yello:

I'm seeing them in less than 10 days. Can't wait.:teehee:

Have fun you both!

OMG that is awesome! I'm so effin' happy for you and that they'll release a new DVD :biggrin2:

Thank you! They haven't recorded it yet and I already can't wait to see it :teehee:

Have fun!!:thumb_yello:

I'm seeing them in less than 10 days. Can't wait.:teehee:

I'm seeing them tomorrow :wub2:

Have fun!!

They were AMAZING :wub2: :wub2: WHAT an awesome gig!! We had a great spot, 2nd row in front of Dave, who I am very much in love with right now :mf_lustslow: I really loved every second of it, even the new songs that I don't like THAT much on the album were fab live!

They were AMAZING :wub2: :wub2: WHAT an awesome gig!! We had a great spot, 2nd row in front of Dave, who I am very much in love with right now :mf_lustslow: I really loved every second of it, even the new songs that I don't like THAT much on the album were fab live!

I saw them last night on the show and I have to say they looked quite amazing!! :D Shame the programme ended like halfway through that last song :\

• 2 weeks later...

Great video Niki!:thumb_yello:Thanx for sharing it!:biggrin2::flowers2:It means a lot to us who won't have a chance to see them live!:sneaky2:

Last night they performed in Slovenia!We're waiting for Ana's report and photos!:woot_jump::biggrin2: