MIKA @ L'Olympia - Paris

Yoppappop

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is true, actually being in front row I thought I was gonna suffer but nothing at all! I could move quite easily.

Putting on the side the run to the stage, everyone was respectful!

Holding my breath again while reading the reports... You all have had an amazing night! No, more than amazing! :woot_jump:

I have to save the videos for tomorrow though, but that is a nice thing to look forward too. :thumb_yello:

Thinking about it, you know what I'm most jealous of?

You were in the front row and you had a good time! As far as I can tell, no-one was pushing you or trying to kill you!

Aaah, lucky. :wink2:

--Jack

I'm just honestly jealous of everybody who actually knows him. Just want to get behind this enigma. And not get behind it at the same time.

Thanks Olivia for this lovely message! I would have loved to be with you all... I called my friend today because I NEEDED to talk about all this again and when I told him I was so disappointed for not meeting Mika' date=' and that we had certainly passed straight by him as we had seen his mum by the café, he said something like: Mmmhh we're 35 you know. :boxed: Yes I know I'm bloody 35 but I felt as still in my 20s yesterday! It was so energizing, the crowd was so awesome everything was positive!

At least I got to see him 1 meter away from me when he was signing the autographes... It's already that.

Thanks Cath85 for providing me with the ticket! My friend LOVED LOVED LOVED the concert, he did not expect something that big!

My highlight: Love Today. Never seen something that huge. Mika at his top, he and the crowd were supporting and energizing each other, that was INCREDIBLE!!![/quote']

you're welcome! ;)

yeah it was amazing!!

I don't think you missed him, because he only arrived while we were standing there and you left earlier. it's actually a shame I didn't get to talk more to you yesterday, but there were so many people I couldn't talk to everyone lol

watch out people my report is ready!! and it is looooong!! :naughty:

I took the train at 10 am, all dressed up because I had no time to go to olivia’s place to leave my bag, so I took a toothbrush and nothing more :naughty:

People were staring at me with my red tights, pink shirt and violet vest :naughty:

We arrived at the olympia around 12 :45 (I had met olivia and mirtilla on the street while going there) and there were only like 15 people waiting. Johnny 06 was among them, so during all the time we were waiting, I managed to to get closer to him and I think we ended up among the 10 first people or so !

While queuing nothing really exciting happened, except that they almost took Mirtilla inside to play a big girl, but then they sent her back, that was not so cool…. And at one moment some people were running out of the queue because they had seen mika arrive by car ! but for most of them it was too late and he had already gotten in !

So we waited for 6 hours it was just never ending…. and then as we got in we run for our lives to be in front lol I had my bag controlled, but they didn’t see my camera nor my bottle of water (they were really blind though lol) But we ended up in front of another door which didn’t open for another half hour or so ! the thing is there were 2 doors, one at the left and one at the right and I was afraid the right one would open earlier :shocked: but fortunately I think ours got actually open a little earlier ! when it got open I pushed people like I never did before (I usually really hate that !!) and I managed to be among the very first people to get in ! when I arrived almost nobody was standing there. At first I was right next to johnny06 who had really the best spot one could dream of, just next to the catwalk Mika didn’t stop coming on during the concert ! At my right side I was trying to keep spots for Mirtilla and Olivia, but during that time I didn’t notice that about 4 people had come between johnny06 and me !! so I was quite far away from the catwalk…nevermind ! we were just behind the photographers and the security guards, about 2 meters away from the scene. They were putting up a box next to the catwalk and they were testing if one could easily jump on it to get down from the catwalk. We thought omg Mika is coming down here during the gig, but I actually think it was the emergency exit, because he didn’t come down !

So we kept waiting, again nothing spectacular happened. The opening act was okay although not too amazing either ! about half an hour after them, the lollipop girls came on stage and did their little dance, then the band came in under the screaming of the audience…. Relax started Mika came in and well… the rest was actually like at most of the gigs. I screamed like crazy !! (I never did that in my life before !!) it was my first Mika concert so it was quite special, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing !! Everybody singing along and in 1st category nobody was sitting on their seats :naughty: Honestly I can’t put in words how much I enjoyed the concert !! and you must have been there to fully get the atmosphere and everything ! he did almost every song, even ring ring and happy ending ! but he didn’t do over my shoulder… and he sang a part of GK in French ! nothing special during the concert except that he pulled so hard on johnny’s braces that he thought he was gonna take him on stage :naughty : I have to add sth lol : the security guard in front of us was so bored at the beginning and becoming angry at the balloons lol at the end he was all smiling, pushing back the balloons, enjoying himself !! it was so funny to see ! yeah sooner or later Mika’s music is gonna reach everybody :D

After the concert we went to the artist’s exit and there were already plenty of people waiting ! but a big part of them left during the one hour and a half we were waiting ! the security guards didn’t stop saying he wasn’t gonna come out there blablabla, but then Mika’s mum came she told us we only had to wait 5 more minutes :D and believe me we trusted her more than any security guard :naughty:

But he didn’t come out through that door. Suddenly we saw his band leaving by car and then I noticed people all screaming and running to the same point ! of course Mika was there to sign autographs ! I tried to get closer and I took plenty of pictures while I was at about half a meter from him :D he must be blind now from all my flashing lol somehow I managed to make him sign my record. I was just holding it, I was surrounded by plenty of tall people so I was kinda lost in the middle of them lol and then he took my record and said « whose is this ? » because he didn’t see me lol and I said « me » from between all the people and he looked at me and we had to laugh ! so cool that was our little moment for the 2 of us. Nothing special but still I looooved it !! I told him my name in French and he was having a little trouble writing it (he forgot the E lol) and when he finished he said « Catherine » with an English accent. And I thought yeah I’m so stupid I should have said it with the English pronunciation ! then he gave it back to me I thanked him and then he said with the cutest smile on his face and with the softest voice « plaisir » (which should mean sth like my pleasure) ! honestly I don’t understand how he manages to be so nice with his fans after signing so many autographs !! I didn’t manage to get out of the crowd (people were pushing me from every side) and I got yelled on by the security guard because I hadn’t left after I got my autograph lol so I kept taking plenty of pictures and I have so many close-ups :D at one moment somebody behind me asked him sth, he didn’t understand it and so he leaned over to hear what the guy was saying and so his face was just above me *faints*

After a while he left and we were walking down the street thinking we had to find some place to drink sth and then we saw that bar were his family and his band were sitting ! then the van by which he had left arrived and he got inside the bar. After hesitating a little we went in too (we were about 10 people). We were very discreet, and tried not to look too much ! it was really hard lol knowing that mika is sitting the table next to you !! and then relax came on the TV !!! soon the whole band and everybody were standing around the TV, staring at it like they had never seen the clip before ! (well maybe they hadn’t !) after a while he got up and he stood at tour table (I thought he talked first, but yoppappop thinks she talked first, I should be wrong I don’t remember !) he asked us if we weren’t tired, of course we said no lol while he was talking to olivia (she was sitting in front of me) he stood next to my chair ! and believe me very close !! I felt him standing against me at some moments (I don’t exaggerate really !!) and for those who are interested (Mika owns me for instance :naughty: ) he smells REALLY good lol so he chatted a little with us, not especially with me, I think it was more of a group experience (except that olivia got a little extra :P) then as he left and while we were paying the drinks, his manager came back and said « don’t let them pay, Mika wants to pay for this » !!!! how cool is that !!! I’m still in the clouds !! we all applauded and thanked the manager !

While leaving the bar we saw Mika’s mum (she was the only one left from the group) and chatted a little with her too ! we said that we were looking for a cab and then as there was one one coming she ran on to the street to call it ! totally crazy because there were cars arriving lol at first we thought she needed a cab too, but actually no, it was only for us !! so nice !!! I know where Mika got all this nice and sweet attitude from !!

Once at olivia’s place, we watched our pictures and films until late in the night ! I really anjoyed that part too !!

I loved meeting up with all the other Mika fans ! everybody was so nice !!

One last thing (you are gonna think that I am crazy :naughty: ) but on the train back home the card controller (or whatever you call them) had the same perfume as mika :naughty: it brought back nice memories lol

So that’s all I think I’m sorry it’s long but I tend to tell all the details from great experiences :naughty:

THANK YOU Cath!!! :groupwave:

Amazing report!!!!! What a great day/night you had!!!!! :yay:

I recognized bits of it you texted me and also what you told me a couple of hours ago on the phone :naughty: BUT: I could listen to this story over and over again! It is just incredible....I'm honestly really happy for all of you!!!!!!

Thank you cath85!! Love it! Love it! Mika is the best isn't he?!

And his mom sounds just as great!

I'm so glad you had this Mika magic experience too! :thumb_yello:

after a while he got up and he stood at tour table (I thought he talked first, but yoppappop thinks she talked first, I should be wrong I don’t remember !)

Yeah, i did yell my name and my hair thing, and then he came :mf_rosetinted::wink2: That's funny you didn't hear that, cause right, you were sitting in front of me :blink: ... Maybe i didn't yell that loud !! See Violet_Sky !!!!

After a while he left and we were walking down the street thinking we had to find some place to drink sth and then we saw that bar were his family and his band were sitting ! then the van by which he had left arrived and he got inside the bar. After hesitating a little we went in too (we were about 10 people). We were very discreet, and tried not to look too much ! it was really hard lol knowing that mika is sitting the table next to you !! and then relax came on the TV !!! soon the whole band and everybody were standing around the TV, staring at it like they had never seen the clip before ! (well maybe they hadn’t !) after a while he got up and he stood at tour table (I thought he talked first, but yoppappop thinks she talked first, I should be wrong I don’t remember !) he asked us if we weren’t tired, of course we said no lol while he was talking to olivia (she was sitting in front of me) he stood next to my chair ! and believe me very close !! I felt him standing against me at some moments (I don’t exaggerate really !!) and for those who are interested (Mika owns me for instance :naughty: ) he smells REALLY good lol so he chatted a little with us, not especially with me, I think it was more of a group experience (except that olivia got a little extra :P) then as he left and while we were paying the drinks, his manager came back and said « don’t let them pay, Mika wants to pay for this » !!!! how cool is that !!! I’m still in the clouds !! we all applauded and thanked the manager !

While leaving the bar we saw Mika’s mum (she was the only one left from the group) and chatted a little with her too ! we said that we were looking for a cab and then as there was one one coming she ran on to the street to call it ! totally crazy because there were cars arriving lol at first we thought she needed a cab too, but actually no, it was only for us !! so nice !!! I know where Mika got all this nice and sweet attitude from !!

Once at olivia’s place, we watched our pictures and films until late in the night ! I really anjoyed that part too !!

I loved meeting up with all the other Mika fans ! everybody was so nice !!

One last thing (you are gonna think that I am crazy :naughty: ) but on the train back home the card controller (or whatever you call them) had the same perfume as mika :naughty: it brought back nice memories lol

So that’s all I think I’m sorry it’s long but I tend to tell all the details from great experiences :naughty:

CATHERINE!! T'ES MON HÉRO! BEN HÉROINE!!

WOUH! C'EST TROP FOU! aaah vous êtes tous des chanceux!!

IL SENT BON YEAAAH! ahah quand j'ai lu "and for those who are interested (Mika owns me for instance :naughty: ) he smells REALLY good " AHAH je riais trop toute seule!! merci d'avoir pris le temps de le sentir hihihhi! :biggrin2: j'espère que je vais pouvoir allez le sentir le 10 août!! YEAH! MERCII!!!!!!!

Sorry in advance for my faults... I didn't sleep yet! it's 4H AM at Paris and I have to say that my english is little bit weird and approximative!

http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/media/jt/0,,3480495,00-phenomene-mika-olympia-.html

OK THE GIRL WHO IS SPEAKING TO MIKA with an improbable hairdressing and an outrageous orange top IT'S MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In fact i didn't win the RTL2 contest but the person who won (Orphée mikawebsite's fan) invited me to have this "private meeting" with Mika! It's was so amazing....

I arrived at the Olympia with Johnny06 near 10AM and I had already the mission to give his gift to mika for his mum! (a nice letter with a lebanese dessert) and also Olga's chocolates!

I left them to meet Orphée and the other contest's winner Mélie at the hotel.

We were four excited lucky girls... In compassion for all these poor Mika's fans we decided to discuss a little bit with "them"(hihihi!). And it was with a huge delight that I see again Cath 85 and Biche (Ahhh this 21st june).

And when I saw Yopappop I wanted to speak to her ....it was a strange but a very funny discussion about hair's problems, apple and....MIKA. They entrusted me with several missions: give little messages (especially a weird birthday's invitation; apple's yoppapop badge (Try to do that.... it's not so easy but I succeed in it...i'm so proud of myself : ) I have also to speak about the Colmar concert, Yoppapop, differents things and Yoppapop (did I mention i have to speak about Yoppapop ????hihihih)

What a huge burden for me but I appreciate the challenge and also the Mika's fans so...:wub2:

No, seriously, I was hapy to have some stuff to give to him, it was funnier!

After the end of the concert, we, me and Orphée were so drenched with perspiration that we decided to go to toilets...we were really not fit to be seen!

But when we arrived everybody had already gone!!!! After a great moment of panic finally a person asked our names and we could join the secret room.

Waiting patiently we were the only ones laughing and speaking...a lot of hand's plaster casts of famous people were on the wall so we spent the waiting trying to put our hands in differents ones and making ridiculous but funny comments...I was so excited ... we were nearly twenty persons waiting to someone call them to go to see Mika! All the rest of the group were not really fans... they were so reserved...At this moment I think I would be able to speak with everybody I was so impatient and also so determined to say what I have to say to him!

And when he came I didn't saw him, so I was really surprised !!!!!! It was so strange in few seconds I was with Mika just in front of me and french TV on me with spot and... suddenly I REALISED I WAS BAREFOOTED... His first gesture was to put his hand in this plaster casts like us so I immediately said to him " Hoooo you know I think we all did that' he laughed !

I don't know if it's his first image of me as a barefooted girl with an outrageous orange top or the fact that he saw that I was funny , spontaneous person but...I was the first person he chose for speaking and we have talked quite a long time (more than we were allowed) But it was difficult to do in an other way I have a lot of gifts for him !

I introduced myself as MFC (I had Mariposa's badge:thumb_yello: and he saw it immediatly!) but also as a mikawebsite member and I had the mission to give him a lot of things from his fans;

(he said at the beginning when he saw all the gifts "mais c'est Noël?"

Every time I tried to explain the gift, the fan's intention and to speak about them (it was easy for most of them because I knew them)

I began with a chronological technique....

I spoke firstly about Jonathan (I said to Mika: you Know you had pulled out (tirer?) his braces during this concert...he knows that)and explained that he wanted to thank his mum for his nice behaviour at the Trabendo. And I didn't forget to mention the lebanese dessert (but i didn't reminber the name of it !Sorry:blink: )

I give Biche's little paper (he said that he will read all the message after but everytimes he glimpsed it ...I seized the opportunity to speak about her project to give to him a book of french fans and he seemed to be pleasantly surprised ("Ha bon?"m'a t-il dit) I confirmed it again but I asked him if it were possible to hope to see him in the Colmar festival...He answered annoyed that's the problem with the festival it's nothing is prepared so actually he doesn't know...

The Yoppapop case was more difficult to defend (incontestably, her strange hair plays a negative part in this story...hihihi!)

So I gave him her badge and her letter and saying that he had to meet her and he ask me "Is she here? "

me: no

No?

Heuuu not here in this room but she is waiting for you after the concert!

My brain was a little bit confused but I stayed concentrated in order to present what I had done with Orphée:

At this time I was so focused on my aim I didn't remember that I were still barefooted but he seemed to not care so...

We presented our project together I added that it's was just made for fun and we enjoyed to do it! It was a t-shirt with a representation of mika's band in a "South Park" way. He was very amused by it and said teasingly that he loved the fact that cherisse was represented fat and small! hihihi!

After Mélie gave him a teddy bear and she said that she had chosen especially this one because it was broken, not well-loved (but it was new, I reassure you, not a suspect old one!!!)

He gave us a hug in order to thank us

I was the first he told in his arms and I was a little surprised I didn't expected that! He is sooooo sweet...

After this, I told him that this concert was sooooo amazing everybody danced, clapped, jumped, sang in a perfect harmony...I congratulated him for his performance and it is at this moment where he decided to "clap "my hand (je sais même pas comment on dit en français )

I realised that I was filmed during all my discussion (almost 15 mins)with him and I was the only one with he discussed like that (the other peoble seemed more reserved)

When he signed my paper it takes his time he drew a little bit heart with wings and halo...not so original (I've seen it before on an other autographs)but I love to think it is. :wub2:

At the end the responsable said to Mika that was enough... he had to see the other people but Orphée and Mélie asked him photos I took the pictures and I didn't want especially have a photo with him (he was in hurry and I had already realised my dream : to have the opportunity to speak to him sooo...it didn't matter but he looked at me as he wanted to say "so what? come!" He didn't have to pray me....

What a simple, respectful attitude he had! he was so attentive! We had also some really spontaneous moments for example after giving his gifts all his documents fail and he said "ah merde!" or at the beginning with the hands impressions...

It's so a cool and relaxed moment! and finally I passed on television for the "journal du 20H"...it's really amazing!

after with all the fan group :yoppapop johnny06 Cath 85 biche Mirtilla and mikawebsite fans Orphée Mélie (the two winners you can see them in the tv behind me) it has already related so I will not repeat but to be surrounded by Mika's so libanese family : cousins, grandmother, the musicians (Martina was little drunk it was too funny) lollipop girl etc...just in front of us AND MIKA with his sister...it was just so unreal!!!

But we didn't disturb them and just enjoyed ourselves. And I think they appreciated it !

At the end Olivia (Yoppapop) reached her goal so...:roftl: :roftl:The evidence that this effort didn't done for nothing!:naughty::thumb_yello: BRAVOOOO EVERYBODY ! we were all happy...really great and eventful day for all of us!

Ah! Laurence! Merci beaucoup pour nous raconter ton histoire! C'est chouette, ça! Tu avait vraiment de bonne chance!

--Jack

Jack...I'm so jealous of you! I wish I could speak French...

It is one of the goals in my life

I'm starting French lessons in College this coming semester...but I feel like classes are the worst way to go when you're trying to learn a language...I know 2 Indian languages and I learned them by just being immersed in it...that it possible with french so I have to just settle for classes.

Jack...I'm so jealous of you! I wish I could speak French...

It is one of the goals in my life

I'm starting French lessons in College this coming semester...but I feel like classes are the worst way to go when you're trying to learn a language...I know 2 Indian languages and I learned them by just being immersed in it...that it possible with french so I have to just settle for classes.

that's cool everybody wants to learn french!!

Same with english you know. You really have to be in "ACTION" ahah I mean I have really good grades in english because I keep reading in the forum and writing...

french is hard to learn, I wish you good luck! :biggrin2:

that's cool everybody wants to learn french!!

Same with english you know. You really have to be in "ACTION" ahah I mean I have really good grades in english because I keep reading in the forum and writing...

french is hard to learn, I wish you good luck! :biggrin2:

Haha Thanks!

I have 2 ambitions in my life...goals that I know I will achieve

To become and actress...(not a famous one...i mean that would be nice...but just to be one) and to learn as many languages I can...

French included...

Haha Thanks!

I have 2 ambitions in my life...goals that I know I will achieve

To become and actress...(not a famous one...i mean that would be nice...but just to be one) and to learn as many languages I can...

French included...

wow! you have great goals... I don't! I mean except meeting Mika ahah! I'd love to go to england :biggrin2: WOW what a goal... lol!

Oh and I added you on myspace btw! because I wanna be your manager once you're NOT A FAMOUS actress :bleh:

wow! you have great goals... I don't! I mean except meeting Mika ahah! I'd love to go to england :biggrin2: WOW what a goal... lol!

Oh and I added you on myspace btw! because I wanna be your manager once you're NOT A FAMOUS actress :bleh:

My sister's in England now for summer college...I'm going in like 2 weeks to go visit her which I'm really excited about!

Haha...you have dibs on being my manager of when I'm NOT A FAMOUS actress lol...

Then we can throw MFC parties and make Mika attend them lol

:sigh: What a dream!!!

My sister's in England now for summer college...I'm going in like 2 weeks to go visit her which I'm really excited about!

Haha...you have dibs on being my manager of when I'm NOT A FAMOUS actress lol...

Then we can throw MFC parties and make Mika attend them lol

:sigh: What a dream!!!

awww England! duuh!

most fabulous dream darling... ahah and we would be friend with Mika and...

ENOUGH. :biggrin2:

awww England! duuh!

most fabulous dream darling... ahah and we would be friend with Mika and...

ENOUGH. :biggrin2:

Haha...it's probably for the best that we stop there lol

Otherwise I don't know what would happen to our poor little hearts! We'll just have to wait and see if...i mean when I'm an actress and you're my manager...

I see from your sig. you're going on aug. 10th!!!! Me too!!!!!

Haha...it's probably for the best that we stop there lol

Otherwise I don't know what would happen to our poor little hearts! We'll just have to wait and see if...i mean when I'm an actress and you're my manager...

I see from your sig. you're going on aug. 10th!!!! Me too!!!!!

ahah!

But I am going to the one in Quebec! Are you going to the one in NY?

I don't think you missed him, because he only arrived while we were standing there and you left earlier. it's actually a shame I didn't get to talk more to you yesterday, but there were so many people I couldn't talk to everyone lol

Yeah it's a pity we did not have the opportunity to talk more, we'll manage next time!

Actually I did miss him, because when I left you I went back to the café on the side (not the Café Olympia) where I had a sandwich in my friends. Only after a while we left and passed by the Café de l'Olympia where we spotted Mika's mum and the big table.

Nevermind, I can't go back so that the way it is! I'm really happy for you girls that must have been the night of your life!