MIKA @ L'Olympia - Paris

Yoppappop

Laurence I can't believe it!!! You're still online!:lol3: Go packing your bags and have some sleep before you go on that long trip!:bleh:

Well I couldn't get away from the forum either...at least I've managed to finally post my videos!:original:

And Laurence, how can you possibly post all of these wonderful pics and leave out the one with you and Mika?! Come on we want to see it!:naughty:

yay! thanks a lot for posting the pix Laurence!!! :punk:

And I have to say that your pic ith Mika is really GREAT!!!! :wink2:

Ah, and Johnny, I really like your new sig!!! :biggrin2:

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also went to the concert. It was wicked ! Everyone was singing along.

My fav song was : love today or lollypop

I didn't get an autograph after though,

he was only 10mins at the back :thumbdown:

Where did you guys go after the concert to meet Mika ? A bar ?

Coz I'd really like an autograph :bleh: !

Btw vive lollypop-girl she's really friendly ! Gave her a MFC badge :biggrin2:

Ok, i'm a bit late and i'm sorry for you to have waited for so long, but i needed to fix my thoughts and my feelings about that night, cause i felt a bit confused, and above all i needed to sleep! ;P

So here i am.

Friday night i was setting everything up: needed to prepare my baggage, posters, bracelets, badges, to finish sewing my shirt.. i was almost forgetting my ticket in my bookshelf, gasp! I was up till 2am of saturday, when i finished packaging a little gift for Mika and everything for the gig. I went to bed knowing that i would have slept for only 1 hour cause i had to wake up at 3 in order to go to the airport. I've slept 1 hour and half instead (i didn't hear my 3 alarm clocks! gosh!) so i had only 10 minutes to get out. At the airport my queuing-day started: the lady at the check-in was so slow! Btw, the flight was ok, even if while landing the pilot looked drunk :P I was so surprised by the weather! I mean i left Italy at 35°C and arrived in France at 14°C! it was so cold and even raining!

At the Beauvais airport i took the bus to Porte Maillot in Paris where i would have met Olivia. It took about 1 hour and half, i didn't know how far it was from Paris! When i arrived Olivia kindly picked me up and we went together at her apartment, she was so sweet to host both me and Cath! THANK YOU honey!! I left my baggage, she got dressed up and at about 11,45am we went out to go to the venue, and on our way on we met Cath! There were already 10-15 people in front of us, so we were in the first rows for sure! We also met Johnny (the sweetest guy I've ever met!!) who was there before us. The waiting was long, but funny: i enjoyed so much chatting with Johnny, Olivia and Cath! Too bad i couldn't speak a word of French.. O_o And later in the afternoon arrived also Em with her friend.

At about 6,30pm the security guards opened the gates and, after checking our bags, we started running to get first row, but the doors wich actually separated the hall from the inside venue was still closed: we've waited something like 45 minutes before they decided to open those bloody doors! the pressure was so strong! In the meanwhile I've also seen Mika's sisters passing in front of me: i wanted to say 'hi' but, you know..i really didn't know what else to say. When the doors finally opened i was almost killed! i've been dragged by whoever and almost fell on the floor, but then i could run away and reach the others near the stage. Yes, first row! Thanx so much Cath who was keeping some spots!

Another waiting while the security guard was in front of us, "a little" annoyed by our crazyness and all those balloons who kept falling on "his space". But he was kind cause my stuff fell a couple of times and he picked them up, so he was not rude. I don't remember at what time the support group came on stage. They were called The Midway State, and they're from Toronto, and let me tell you they were great! i didn't know about them but i enjoyed them so much!!

The photographer who was in front of us took even a pic of me with MFC poster and he gave me his pass (it was useless cause it just gave you the first 3 rows spots, but i was on the first already. But it's a souvenir from that night!)

After their performance we've waited about half an hour and then 9 to 5 was on and Lollipop Girls came on stage: omg, it was the first time i could see them and they were so funny!!! They stayed few seconds then ran away and then...yes. "Relax" started and the band came in and so the boy did. He wore a glittering jacket which i never saw before and he was stunning! I already saw him performing live, when he was in Milano, but his energy left me totally shocked!! The boy has grown up so much, he got far more comfortable on stage and we all can see that! The crowd was jumping and dancing and singing with him, and the ground was even shaking!!

It's one of the most exciting experience!! something that you can never erase from your mind! The show was so great, so amazing...i'll never have enough words to describe it! For all the time it lasted i was so hyper, so excited and thrilled!

I've enjoyed above all "Any Other World" and "Happy Ending" which i had never seen/heard live and they were great!! and of course "Love Today" (i so love that song!!) and "I Want You Back" and "Sweet Dreams" (no shirtless, there was his grandma in the audience ;D). He also sang a part of "Grace Kelly" in french! and yes, of course the animal show with "Lollipop". Oh, and "Big Girl" too! Oh come on, every song was absolutely great!!!

The atmosphere was so hyper, crazy, so amazing! even the security guard was astonished by us reaction and he played with the baloons too, can you believe it?

We also had been told that the gig was filmed to be released on a dvd, maybe in november: that was such a great news! re-living that night again and again!

When it was finished I reached Johnny and we had those huge grins on our face, we were so amazed by the show...omg..then we walked outside with Olivia, Cath, Em, Biche, Laurence and the other girls who were with us. I managed to meet the Midway State and stopped to have a little chat with Nathan and Mike: they were so nice and sweet (and a little surprised i could speak English, LOL) and told me they would be on tour in Europe next fall!

Then we went out for our mission: meet Mika. We went straight to the artists' entrance in order to wait for him to exit, after the party. We waited for more than 1 hour and half! then his mom came out and told us he was coming in 5 mins! But after few minutes the guys at the reception told us he already left the venue (they kept telling us) and we were like "oh yes, sure", but they turned the lights off and locked the door. He was really gone. :( We turned and saw a van with dark glasses: it was him. The crowd yelled his name, so he came out for a while, signed few autographs and then said "Goodnight" and left. There was also a car behind him, which the band was on..

Before he left Johnny managed to get his braces signed, and so Cath got an autograph as well and really don't know about the others. I had to give him a letter from Robertina and get an autograph from Luke but, as i told you girls, i really couldn't. There were so many people yelling at him, i couldn't get close enough to get anything, i'm so sorry. I didn't even manage to give him that thing i made. And Luke and the rest of the band ran away as soon as Mika got out of the car..

Everybody was gone away now, and i was so bloody thirsty! we walked back to the Olympia to figure out what to do, if go back home or going around, drink/eat something.... Then we spotted his mom at the bar in front of us..and then Cherisse..and Martin..and Mickey..and Luke! ok, we were a bit hesitant, but then decided to get some drink (we couldn't die thirsty just because they were at the bar, right?? :D) so we took a table. Yes, he was there too. We ordered to drink and we chatted a bit. Well, they chatted cause they spoke french so i was staring at Martin's back who was in front of me :D

Then the radio aired "Relax", i looked at Mika and he was making some weird face expressions while looking at the tv which was airing the video of "Relax": he was surprised, he looked he never saw it before! that was really funny!

Then, when they finished eating, they were leaving, and Mika got close to our table, he said 'hi' to us, and Olivia *finally* had the time of her life! she introduced herself to him, and finally they met!! they posed for a pic together and then he started chatting in French, so i really don't know what he said. Jerry took a pic of all of us at the table, then he left and got on his car. And when we were talking to the waiter, Jerry came back and said Mika wanted to pay the bill: that was so sweet, he's such a gentleman! we thanked him, said 'hi' to the band and finally left the bar. We also chatted a bit with his mom who was still there. She was trying to get a taxi, and we tried to help her, but then we understood that she was searching for a taxi FOR US! So lovely!!

Then we really took a taxi, arrived at Olivia's home, shared our pics and videos and had a laugh hearing our screams, omg, i'm laughing out loud right now only thinking about it!

I went to bed at 5 just to wake up 30 minutes later: aaaah, i really needed to sleep, but i couldn't! yes, i was tired, but not physically. I found Olivia still at her pc: she didn't sleep as well, she was on cloud 9 for her meeting with the man!

Then when the taxi arrived i said 'bye' to her, and took the way to Italy.......home sweet home..

THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THIS WONDERFUL NIGHT!!!!

Wow! Sounds amazing Mirtilla! I don't get the "Relax" video being played at the bar thing. Was Mika just sitting there in awe watching it, was he singing along, was he laughing, etc?

Wow! Sounds amazing Mirtilla! I don't get the "Relax" video being played at the bar thing. Was Mika just sitting there in awe watching it, was he singing along, was he laughing, etc?

the tv was just in front at his table and when he saw the Realx video was on he was "oh, look! there's the video!" and he was staring at it, and he looked like he never saw the video himself! yeah, he was laughing or something:biggrin2: he even called everybody to watch it!:biggrin2:

Thank you so much for that long report, Mirtilla. :thumb_yello: I really loved to read it and all the 'amazing's in it. That's what it is, right?

Great you made it to the first row and I'm not even talking about the bar story - LOL

Don't be too sad if your expectations have not been entirely met, there will be more opportunities. All the time I think 'If only Olivia had known that it was you who made that laugh ringtone' - it would have been hilarious to see his face learning that. :roftl:

Thank you so much for that long report, Mirtilla. :thumb_yello: I really loved to read it and all the 'amazing's in it. That's what it is, right?

Great you made it to the first row and I'm not even talking about the bar story - LOL

Don't be too sad if your expectations have not been entirely met, there will be more opportunities. All the time I think 'If only Olivia had known that it was you who made that laugh ringtone' - it would have been hilarious to see his face learning that. :roftl:

yes, i can't stop myself to type 'amazing' everytime i talk about him!:naughty:

omg, if that ringotne thing would have been out i think i would have digged a hole to drag myself into!:blush-anim-cl:

OMG Mirtilla...:woot_jump: I so enjoyed reading your amazing report and I'mtotally loving your videos, especially the Intro of Love Today. So amazing it is hard to bear!:bleh:

I really enjoyed meeting you and I've got a picture of the two of us as my desktop background!:biggrin2:

And don't worry...just keep in mind how amazing the concert was, that you had a free drink and that you met us! You'll have plenty of opportunities to meet Mika, Martin & Co. personally!;-)

Here it is...

P.S.: I've had some reports telling me it was difficult to save my pictures in a normal quality on their computers...just pm me and I'll mail it to you!:wink2: I'm also thinking of opening an account at flickr, imageshack, picasa...what is the best solution to share high quality pictures over the internet?

post-1984-142983665647_thumb.jpg

I read on a forum that people booed at the end because it lasted only for a hour & 10minutes and people took some time to leave the venue ?!

But those people enjoy it ;)

I was at The Werchter festival and lots of people talked negatively about Mika because he cancelled it :-/

merci merci merci Laurence!!!!

C'est moi avec les lunettes rouges, et c'est moi le nounours!!

je voulais un souvenir de ce moment!!!

Oh merci vraiment!!!!!

I'll give you another one...it's a bit blur but Mika's smile makes up for it!:biggrin2:

post-1984-142983665672_thumb.jpg

OMG Mirtilla...:woot_jump: I so enjoyed reading your amazing report and I'mtotally loving your videos, especially the Intro of Love Today. So amazing it is hard to bear!:bleh:

I really enjoyed meeting you and I've got a picture of the two of us as my desktop background!:biggrin2:

I loved your report Mirtilla! thanks so much for writing it! And Johnny, this is such an adorable photo -- you're both so cute! :)

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I read on a forum that people booed at the end because it lasted only for a hour & 10minutes and people took some time to leave the venue ?!

But those people enjoy it ;)

I was at The Werchter festival and lots of people talked negatively about Mika because he cancelled it :-/

Negative atmosphere?! Are you really talking about the same concert?:blink: I didn't notice anyone booing. The atmosphere was so mind-blowing...there must be something wrong with those people not to have enjoyed that absolutely spectacular show!:doh:

1h 10 min you say? I'm sorry I can't tell you how long it really lasted because I only looked at the time waiting for the concert...once it began I was like on a trip to heaven and time went by so quickly!:biggrin2:

Even if it did last only 1 h 10 min, it still was by far the best concert of my life and I've been to quiet a few...

And don't worry...just keep in mind how amazing the concert was, that you had a free drink and that you met us! You'll have plenty of opportunities to meet Mika, Martin & Co. personally!;-)

Here it is...

johnny i was so waiting for our piccie!:biggrin2: omg, my hair:shocked:

i'm so happy i've met you! i really hope to see you again! *cough*bologna*cough* :bleh:

the last days i was a little sad but i guess it was cause i was really tired, now i'm thinking back to that night and i'm happy, we were really lucky!! and i'm taking Yop's phylisophy:wink2:

Another picture of Mika enjoying himself with the teddy bear!:biggrin2:

Thank you for those pics, they are so ...:blush-anim-cl:

I have to say, your desktop pic is adorable, you and Mirtilla look sooooo cute together!

Oh another note: I'm seriously irritated by the background of the teddybear-playing pic.... Ongle Passion? :blink:

hahaha:roftl: I'm keeping Bologna in mind, don't you worry!:naughty: And Florence and...GOSH, I should really try to limit my Mika excesses!:naughty:

Want another piccie? Here you go...ladies and gentlemen: proud MFC members mirtilla and cath85!:biggrin2:

post-1984-142983665716_thumb.jpg

Here it is...

P.S.: I've had some reports telling me it was difficult to save my pictures in a normal quality on their computers...just pm me and I'll mail it to you!:wink2: I'm also thinking of opening an account at flickr, imageshack, picasa...what is the best solution to share high quality pictures over the internet?

nice couple..jenny have right!!!! i want your brooch for the somerset:biggrin2: :naughty::thumb_yello: !!!!

Negative atmosphere?! Are you really talking about the same concert?:blink: I didn't notice anyone booing. The atmosphere was so mind-blowing...there must be something wrong with those people not to have enjoyed that absolutely spectacular show!:doh:

1h 10 min you say? I'm sorry I can't tell you how long it really lasted because I only looked at the time waiting for the concert...once it began I was like on a trip to heaven and time went by so quickly!:biggrin2:

Even if it did last only 1 h 10 min, it still was by far the best concert of my life and I've been to quiet a few...

LOL you didn't read my post carefully :P

I said some people went to the show and loved it but were disappointed by the lenght of the gig, and some people booed and took some time to leave the venue...

THEN I said at the Werchter festival in Belgium where I was, and where Mika was supposed to perform ,I heard some negative comments about him because he cancelled it ... Rock Werchter has been elected for the 3rd year Best Festival Of The World... you see, to cancel such a festival is a risk...

Anyway Glad you enjoyed the show :) I saw it in London in May and it was by far better than the previous ones in Feb!

Sure it is a risk to cancel all these festivals...don't know why they are over-planning all the time... I'm really glad that none of the gigs I have gone to were cancelled but I feel sorry for the ones who were looking forward to seeing him but then :thumbdown:

Enough of that...here is another pic proving he does take time for his fans!:biggrin2:

post-1984-14298366574_thumb.jpg

Well The festival was planned for 4 months...apparently he cancelled it for a tv show :-/ tickets were expensive : 75€ for the whole day... I bought my pass before he was annouced so at the end it didn't make a difference to me :P

Anyway sorry for the off topic, and sorry guys but I don't have the courage to read all of ur messages lol, but what was the setlist ?!

i totally agree!! it's the best concert i've ever been at!! period.

and maybe it's a bit short, of course when you're having so much fun you wish it never ends, but let's consider Mika has released only one album! and look how far he's come!