Mika sells better than J.Lo (in America)

paula.pop

http://perezhilton.com/topics/mika/

Hilary Duff's new album, Dignity, opened huge for the actress/pop star this week.

According to just released Soundscan album sales in the U.S., The Duffster's record sold a very impressive 140,441 copies - that's more than double what ex-boyfriend Joel Madden's band did when their new record debuted last week.

This opening is one of the best of Hilary's career.

Duff's debut landed her at the #4 spot, behind Now That's What I Call Music, Tim McGraw and Martina McBride (in that order).

Timbaland's solo album, Shock Value, also did quite well, debuting at #5 with 138,525 copies sold.

Meanwhile, Good Charlotte plummets to #42 this week, after having opened at #7 last week.

And, Jennifer Lopez's Spanish-language CD, Como Ama Una Mujer, quickly sinks to #45 with 25,658 copies. She debuted last week at #10.

That means that our beloved Mika is doing better than J. Lo!

His brazilliant debut album, Life in Cartoon Motion, moved 25,970 units - good enough to come in at #44 this week.

And Miz Amy Winehouse continues to fare well too!

Her album, Back to Black, came in at #22 this week with 45,676 copies. Thus far, Wino has sold almost 200,000 albums in America. Not shabby!

44 THOUGH?! HE IS NO.5 ON US iTUNES!!:blink:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he is sooooooo much better than JLO :wink2:

I thought exactly the same ^^ JLO is just, erm, well-known, and actually we know what should we expect from her. Mika is absolutely new (:naughty:) and he brings something new in this crazy world ^^

wow, where is all this jlo hatred coming from? :blink: there are singers out there I detest WAY more like spears or aguilera, especially the last one, yuk. But still... I always say: live and let live *angel*

On a totally different note: well of course mika sells better, well duhhh, he's talented in every way.. Something you can't say of her or most other artists for that matter... Go Mika :punk:

wow, where is all this jlo hatred coming from? :blink: there are singers out there I detest WAY more like spears or aguilera, especially the last one, yuk. But still... I always say: live and let live *angel*

On a totally different note: well of course mika sells better, well duhhh, he's talented in every way.. Something you can't say of her or most other artists for that matter... Go Mika :punk:

hey, hey, hey!!! Christina is the best singer of our generation, first get informed and then talk:thumbdown: you should see her live! i guess you are stuck in the gennie in the bottle era.

and about jlo. i like her. I think she's very humble and talent. She's not the best singer but she's not that bad.

AND IT'S LOGIC THAT MIKA IS SELLING MORE THAN JLO!!! HER NEW ALBUM IS IN SPANISH! DUH!!!

hey, hey, hey!!! Christina is the best singer of our generation, first get informed and then talk:thumbdown: you should see her live! i guess you are stuck in the gennie in the bottle era.

and about jlo. i like her. I think she's very humble and talent. She's not the best singer but she's not that bad.

AND IT'S LOGIC THAT MIKA IS SELLING MORE THAN JLO!!! HER NEW ALBUM IS IN SPANISH! DUH!!!

Thats a bit forward huh , whats with all the thumb downs and DOHS! and capitals ,we are all friends here :shocked:

<plays friendly>

I think he fits into the USA music scene nicely , just from my amercian friends they are talking about him all the time , ohh hes in people magazine , we need to see him live.I like Jo Lo alhough have never seen her live and feel Mika is way better

In ability (strictly vocally) Augleria is an awesome singer. She's got a better vocal range than alot of the singers out there.

Personally, I don't like her much at all, just for her personality, and I just find alot of her videos/behavior to be just plain gross. Secondly, I don't really like the type of music she makes

So our not liking her is definately informed. :)

I'm way excited though that Mika's ahead of J-Lo! It's just a measurement of how far he's come, even if her's is in Spanish.. a few months ago he was a relative unknown, and now his album is doing better than one of the most famous women in the world...

it's pretty cool!! :D

Originally Posted by guapo!

hey, hey, hey!!! Christina is the best singer of our generation, first get informed and then talk you should see her live! i guess you are stuck in the gennie in the bottle era.

In ability (strictly vocally) Augleria is an awesome singer. She's got a better vocal range than alot of the singers out there.

Personally, I don't like her much at all, just for her personality, and I just find alot of her videos/behavior to be just plain gross. Secondly, I don't really like the type of music she makes

wow idd!! What's the deal, you take it as a personal attack...:shocked:

I do think she has an amaaaaziingg voice, I don't lie about that, everytime someone disses her I also say she has the best darn voice I ever heard and that she knows how to use it. But I DO HATE her image and the way she sells herself. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone was talking about Jlo's image too, not about the talent she may or may not have.

wow idd!! What's the deal, you take it as a personal attack...:shocked:

I do think she has an amaaaaziingg voice, I don't lie about that, everytime someone disses her I also say she has the best darn voice I ever heard and that she knows how to use it. But I DO HATE her image and the way she sells herself. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone was talking about Jlo's image too, not about the talent she may or may not have.

Hold on, me??

I was replying to guapo, who seemed kinda mad that you said you didn't like Auguleria. So I was merely standing up for for, cause I agree with you. lol.

loolll yeah yeah, I was talking to guapo :wink2: but it looks like something went wrong with the quoting! And thanks for standing up for me! :wub2: I'm gonna try and quote right... lol

voila, that's how I wanted it :)

Thats a bit forward huh , whats with all the thumb downs and DOHS! and capitals ,we are all friends here :shocked:

<plays friendly>

I think he fits into the USA music scene nicely , just from my amercian friends they are talking about him all the time , ohh hes in people magazine , we need to see him live.I like Jo Lo alhough have never seen her live and feel Mika is way better

sorry:blush-anim-cl: and yes, Mika is so much better than Jennifer Lopez!

I'm way excited though that Mika's ahead of J-Lo! It's just a measurement of how far he's come, even if her's is in Spanish.. a few months ago he was a relative unknown, and now his album is doing better than one of the most famous women in the world...

it's pretty cool!! :D

yes, Mika's success is unbelievable! :thumb_yello: I don't think there's any other new artist like him!

wow idd!! What's the deal, you take it as a personal attack...

sorry:blush-anim-cl: and nah, i didn't. it just that i like jennifer :wink2: