i first heard Mka ........

Steph

I heard Grace Kelly on the radio a few times over the course of a week. I asked my girls who Mika was - but they didnt know!!! His voice was so good to listen too - and the song was so catchy!! I caught the tail-end of an interview with him a few days later - thought he sounded really nice, so I googled him - ended up here - and have never left since!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian radio is crap so I listen to Capital FM (London) at work, via the internet. I think it was in January that they first played Grace Kelly. The DJ was hyping up Mika and the song beforehand so I decided to stop what I was doing and listen.

The hype, of course, was totally justified. I loved the general tone of his normal voice, the "little Freddie" was awe inspiring and the climbing falsetto towards the end was unbelievable.

Love Today and Relax never grabbed me the way Grace Kelly did because I prefer the natural tone of his voice. But when I heard he was coming to a small club in Toronto I grabbed the tickets. I knew, whether you were crazy about the music or not, he would be something to see with his operatic training.

Again, all the hype was justified and he was fantastic live. Songs like Lollipop took on a whole new energy. The shop where I purchase my concert tickets offers a 10% discount on CDs when you pick up your tickets so I bought LICM. I listened to it a few times before the show, but now I listen to it every day. :thumb_yello:

I first heard mika on a music channel around Christmas, and it was really good, but i never like pursued it further, then i just had to find out who it was in about January, and i downloaded a bunch of songs, and i was like :mf_lustslow:

and now i have this wonderful obsession with him =]

End of December, I was sat in the car, in the rain by the harbour fiddling with my new camera. Grace Kelly came on the radio, which I took a picture of out of boredom. They said it was sung by Mika. I had visions of someone tall with big hair. And I was right. I just saw this picture of someone tall with big hair on the BBC site a week later and you'll never guess who it was.....

I first heard Mika on MTV--you know, the commercial where they use "Love Today." However, I had NO IDEA whose song it was and I didn't really remember to go look it up. After forgetting about it completely, I think I heard "Grace Kelly" on TV somewhere and then I found it on iTunes and downloaded it. To think that I hadn't even heard of Mika a couple months ago is.. :shocked:

I heard RELAX for many times on the radio (end of 2006), but didnt pay much attention...(still dont like it)

and then I saw GRACE KELLY vid, i think it was one of the music channels, dont remember exactly where, it was beginning or mid-Jan...

and I rushed to google the guy:naughty:

cos he was all curly, in bright clothes, and the name was MIKA, and of crse I thought he was Israeli:roftl:

well, since he is half-lebanese - still some sort of a neighbour:naughty:

It the cold evening of January 15th at 8:30pm (Yes, I remember the exact time, hehe). I was in my room studying for my Comparative Literature class, bored out of my mind when my best friend sent me
video of Mika on the Jools Holland show. Needless to say, I've been HOOKED TO THE MAX ever since!!! I have a very, very, very dangerous obsession!! :naughty:

I can't imagine life without Mika and his amazing music...I just can't. January 15th at 8:30pm, my life changed to the better. THANK YOU MIKA!

Thanks for starting this thread Steph, it's one, just like you told me, that makes us reflect...and you're right, it's amazing how we remember the exact details of when, where we were and what we were doing when we first heard Mika! :original:

it is so: like people tell me they remember what they were doing when John Lennon was shot.....most of us remember exactly how we first heard Mika's amazing voice...

For me it was a freezing cold December day , I was sitting at home soaking wet after getting in from work and had sat down to watch the BBC talent of 2007 countdown , every day they were going down and this night was number 1!!! .. and it was Mika

I then jumped on the website , got 10 seconds of Grace Kelly and thought WOW!!!!! , hes like freddie!! (like Freddiesdouble) , I really couldnt believe it!!

Ive never looked back since!!!:thumb_yello:

End of December, I was sat in the car, in the rain by the harbour fiddling with my new camera. Grace Kelly came on the radio, which I took a picture of out of boredom. They said it was sung by Mika. I had visions of someone tall with big hair. And I was right. I just saw this picture of someone tall with big hair on the BBC site a week later and you'll never guess who it was.....

how strange is that, Rosie Lou, to have this vision in your head.....

I first heard of Mika on a Dutch board where I'm quite active.

A friend of mine (she's quite into 'unusual' music too) posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzA0nG_PurQ

Ik weet niet of Blue het misschien al gepost had...maar vind het echt een liedje om vrolijk van te worden !

I don't know if maybe Blue has already posted this... but I really think it is a song that makes you happy!

And this was my reply:

Ik kende het nummer zelfs nog niet eens, maar hij klinkt idd wel vrolijk! :j

I didn't even know this song, but it sounds very happy indeed!

That was on the 26th of February. On the 5th of March another member of the board started a thread on Mika and from that moment on I was completely contaminated, spoilt, lost and so on. :bleh:

I first heard of Mika on a Dutch board where I'm quite active.

A friend of mine (she's quite into 'unusual' music too) posted this:

I don't know if maybe Blue has already posted this... but I really think it is a song that makes you happy!

And this was my reply:

I didn't even know this song, but it sounds very happy indeed!

That was on the 26th of February. On the 5th of March another member of the board started a thread on Mika and from that moment on I was completely contaminated, spoilt, lost and so on. :bleh:

the 26th of February was your key date ...and the place another forum....hahaha:thumb_yello:

It was either on January or February.

I think I was doing my homework...I was at the living room sitting at the exact same spot im at now XD

And then.......Grace Kelly was on on VH1 and I was like OMG!

I wrote his name and song on my notes thingy at my cell

But I never googled him at all XD

But on March, I was watching Først og Sist and BAM!

I saw him, I still remembered him and I was oh so in love XD

I googled him and youtubed him and then I finally saw the link to MFC and became sooo obsessed ever since.

I wanna thank my dad for not letting me watch TheVoice and made me realized that Hip Hop DO suck LOL

siiiigh...i love you dad :P

It was either on January or February.

I think I was doing my homework...I was at the living room sitting at the exact same spot im at now XD

And then.......Grace Kelly was on on VH1 and I was like OMG!

I wrote his name and song on my notes thingy at my cell

But I never googled him at all XD

But on March' date=' I was watching Først og Sist and BAM!

I saw him, I still remembered him and I was oh so in love XD

I googled him and youtubed him and then I finally saw the link to MFC and became sooo obsessed ever since.

I wanna thank my dad for not letting me watch TheVoice and made me realized that Hip Hop DO suck LOL

siiiigh...i love you dad :P[/quote']

and you are here!!!the rest is history,,...

I were listening to the radio (Grace Kelly) and I were doing homeworks. "OH! I like that song! I'll go download it right away!" Then I did that, and downloaded some other songs, then I noticed that every song of Mika was good! So I searched for pictures of Mika(:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:), I were curious. And then I wanted to buy the cd and so:

MIKA FAN CLUB!!

i cant remeber if i posted but i first heard him after tv show on mtv, and then like 2 weeks later one of my freinds( that pinksock) wa slike omg guys you need to hear this song and it was over feb break, so it was in feb i first heard him and ever since its been love at first sight