i first heard Mka ........

Steph

okay,...so i'm curious..:wink2:

where were you and what were you doing when you first heard Mika.....

I start you off...

I first heard an interview on radio one's chart show in mid January in my car on my way to Reading. It was when 'Grace Kelly ' had reached number three, he talked about his toy collection and then they played 'Grace Kelly'... that was when it hit me...and I was hooked:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was in the kitchen and my sister played it on the comp. she gets me into all the music i fall in love with but i listen to it so much that she hates it after that. so i liked them and i asked who it was but she didnt tell me. so i was in the car 1 day and i heard it in the radio and they said MIKA GRACE KELLY after and i was like I LOVE THAT SONG so i went home and researched him and became obsessed and fell in love and joined this club immediately!!!

YEAH!! :punk::mf_lustslow::thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

okay,...so i'm curious..:wink2:

where were you and what were you doing when you first heard Mika.....

I start you off...

I first heard an interview on radio one's chart show in mid January in my car on my way to Reading. It was when 'Grace Kelly ' had reached number three, he talked about his toy collection and then they played 'Grace Kelly'... that was when it hit me...and I was hooked:

Like you, Steph, I was in my car, listening to Radio One, but it was

Jo Whiley's show in early January. I can't be sure, but I think it was

just after the first of the year. She said something like, "Here's

someone I think we'll be hearing a lot of this coming year," and she said she loved that line, "I could be hurtful I could be purple," and I chuckled.

And then she played Grace Kelly.

When I heard Mika sing, "so I tried a little Freddie," I thought,

"WOW! Does he *ever* sound like Freddie!" (I was a HUGE Queen fan back

in the day... 30 years ago... sigh) Anyhow... I came home, ran to the

computer and did a search on "Mika." I saw his picture and thought, "Oh, what a cute kid," not at all what I imagined he'd look like. I found the song on some site -- not sure which one -- played it again... and again... and again... and it got stuck in my head for WEEKS, like it was the permanent soundtrack for my life. My husband and son were saying, "Why? What is it about THIS song?" I couldn't really explain it, except to say that it made me feel happy. I poked around on the internet, found this site and started lurking for a few weeks before I registered. And the rest, as they say, is history. :wink2:

dcdeb

Like you, Steph, I was in my car, listening to Radio One, but it was

Jo Whiley's show in early January. I can't be sure, but I think it was

just after the first of the year. She said something like, "Here's

someone I think we'll be hearing a lot of this coming year," and she said she loved that line, "I could be hurtful I could be purple," and I chuckled.

And then she played Grace Kelly.

When I heard Mika sing, "so I tried a little Freddie," I thought,

"WOW! Does he *ever* sound like Freddie!" (I was a HUGE Queen fan back

in the day... 30 years ago... sigh) Anyhow... I came home, ran to the

computer and did a search on "Mika." I saw his picture and thought, "Oh, what a cute kid," not at all what I imagined he'd look like. I found the song on some site -- not sure which one -- played it again... and again... and again... and it got stuck in my head for WEEKS, like it was the permanent soundtrack for my life. My husband and son were saying, "Why? What is it about THIS song?" I couldn't really explain it, except to say that it made me feel happy. I poked around on the internet, found this site and started lurking for a few weeks before I registered. And the rest, as they say, is history. :wink2:

dcdeb

it's so strange, most I have spoken to, can remember exactly where they were...when it hit them...just shows the impact it had!:thumb_yello:

It was the cold evening of January 15th at 8:30pm (Yes, I remember the exact time, hehe). I was in my room studying for my Comparative Literature class, bored out of my mind when my best friend sent me

video of Mika on the Jools Holland show. Needless to say, I've been HOOKED TO THE MAX ever since!!! I have a very, very, very dangerous obsession!! :naughty:

I can't imagine life without Mika and his amazing music...I just can't. January 15th at 8:30pm, my life changed to the better. THANK YOU MIKA!

Thanks for starting this thread Steph, it's one, just like you told me, that makes us reflect...and you're right, it's amazing how we remember the exact details of when, where we were and what we were doing when we first heard Mika! :original:

*sits down around the campfire with everyone*

*roasts a marshmallow*

Here’s part of what I wrote in my introduction thread…

How did I discover Mika? Well, recently I was flipping through a magazine and there was a very small pic of him. I put the magazine up closer to my eyes- I had to get a better look- I was like “Man! Look at those skinny jeans!†My cat couldn’t even fit in them. LOL He definitely caught my attention.

A few days later, I was on the internet and I clicked a link of a link of a link, ending up on some random site, and Mika’s Grace Kelly video clip started playing automatically. Usually I turn those things off straight away, but I didn’t turn that one off! I watched the video clip and I was like…. Well.. you can probably imagine what I was thinking… :naughty: and I stayed up until midnight watching clips of him on You Tube. The next morning I got up early and went and bought his album. Listened to the album over and over and loved it.

A couple of days after that, I joined this forum.. and ever since then, I have been glued to this stupid computer... and I have had the best time getting to know Mika and all his awesome fans! :punk:

Aussie :insane:

I first heard of Mika in polish radio, it was Relax. I thought, that this is some kind of DJ or what. I had no idea, that Mika is Mika. Then, after about a month I saw Grace Kelly in TV. I loved it. And I noticed: wait, this is Mika. Isn't it the same guy who sings Relax? I checked in net, yep, this was him! So, I'm here :D

it was in the middle of february...i was driving to go to my uni.i was at a traffic lights waiting for it to become green and i heard grace kelly x the first time...my face was kinda :shocked: then i thought: i absolutely have this song! so later that day i went home and i downloaded the whole album.. amazing!!:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

it's funny cause the first time i heard grace kelly i imagined mika as a bald man...:blink: but then i saw some pics and :shocked::mf_lustslow: fell in love with him!

i was in bed back in early february and i was also unwell and i was watching T4. and they introduced him as the next best thing and played grace kelly. i have been hooked ever since. i then got a message from my space to join this great singer and so i did. and also made my hubby listen and so now its a family event.

i had heard grace kelly quite a number of times on radio in mid january. i thought it sounded a bit like the macdonald brothers on x factor when they did the proclaimers' 500 miles song. jan 21 sunday i was listening to hit40uk and he was being interviewed. i heard him talk and loved him immediately. now here i am. cant stay for more than 2 hrs minus a "MIKA fix":blush-anim-cl:

We were driving home from the city.. It was evening and the radio was playing.. Suddenly Grace Kelly starts.. In the chorus I was Like "Wow, isn't that just loud/high-pitched (same word)?"

And then my mother said I should just turn down the radio :thumbdown:

But I didn't, and the day after I went on to his myspace and started to listen to his music!

I was sitting in the car a Thursday in November i think and suddenly I heard this song that sounded really cool, with was relax. I had now idea who had sung it, but i was determined to find out. I looked long and hard on the internet to find it, and guess how happy I was when i found it. I listend to the song over and over again, I was completely hooked:punk:

I was sitting in the car a Thursday in November i think and suddenly I heard this song that sounded really cool, with was relax.....QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Relax! First song I ever heard with him! While looking on his myspace I heard it (i think it was there) and I was like "Did he make THAT song? It' so frickin' amazing!"

Mid january I think...I was in my bathroom, washing my theets...

MTv was on and I heard "I WANNA TALK TO YOU"...Me::blink:

...so I watched the video and I was very impressed by the beautiful little girl sit on the piano, so I continued watching it.

Then I started to smile looking this strange curly boy with all that people dancing around...the room seemed so cosy, people so happy!

I fixed the name in my mind:MIKA, remember it, you have to know more about him!

After a few days I got a bad cold, with very high temperature (40°!)...I was in delirium (not jocking) and that song was obsessing me! I couldn't sing but i was singing it in my mind...I didn't know words, but I didn't mind...quite impressive...

So when I recovered I started looking for info...saw his site, listened to the album sampler...that was the start of the end :naughty: !!!