Why Mika?

mikablog

Hi guys,

Steph has raised a really good question at Mikablog: Why Mika?

It's a really cool and interesting post and it's made me curious to know - what is so special about Mika to you?

To me, it's about magic. I can listen to the same song a million times, and it still has the same magical feeling about it as the first time. I hope this never fades!

Also, his voice is soo beautiful and polished, and yet real. And his confidence is really inspiring.

And his hair... did I mention his hair?? :punk:

Elena

(PS: it's got some really cool photos too :mf_lustslow: )

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why i love mika:

1- he's from lebanon

2\he has the most amazing voice on the planet

3-his music makes me happy

4-his lyrics are somtimes so dark but they still cheer u up

5-hi composes his own music and lyrics (a true artist)

6-he's dead gorgous

7-there's somthing mysterious about him

8-he makes all thos e funny face expressions wich i absolutly love

9-he's the couzin of a friend

10-it's mika!!!!!!

Well, there is a magic. I am a big Queen fan. I love Freddie Mercury. I first heard of Mika in a magazine and saw his picture and the article said he's been compared to Freddie. Hmm...I thought. He's handsome, but--- No one's like Freddie! Then I came home and saw "Grace Kelly" on You Tube. I was BLOWN AWAY. His voice...his beautiful, beautiful voice....the piano, the way he moved...it was all so wonderful. The Magic is there. Whatever *~*~*~*~* IT~*~*~*~*~ is Mika has it in abundance. And I'm blissfully happy. When Freddie died, I thought I'd never hear music like that again. Mika is not Freddie, but he's got the magic...and it touches my soul. I'm so grateful!!!

Hi guys,

Here are my reasons why Mika is special to me:

1. Because he is so talented

2. Because he has a really beautiful voice

3. Because his music makes me feel happy

4. Because he is from London

5. Because all the songs on the album are so unique to him

6. Becausse he is confident and his confidence inspires me to achieve my ambitions in life

7. Because he has curly hair and I really love it.

8. Because "Life In Cartoon Motion" is in my top three albums and has been for the last four weeks or so

9. Because he has a good sense of style

10. Because he can shake his hips in a way that would hypnotize anyone if they let it.

L like Mika because being stuck for energy I spend alot of time sitting quietly. His music has brought new colours to my rainbow - and his songs go round in my head and keep me company!! He has a lovely voice, and a gentle caring nature. What a guy!!! :wub2::thumb_yello:

He's authentic. He's entirely into everything he does. He has that fabulous "Why not?!" attitude. He's a go-getter in the most positive way. He knows how to transmit good vibes. He's so charismatic and although he's aware of that he's still down to earth. He has such a pleasant nature that everytime I see interviews with him I feel that I could just sit and listen forever. He never talks ****. He's smart and he constantly emits such a genuine, natural cheerfulness that you could get the impression that there can impossibly be any evil on earth...

Oh, and did I mention that I simply love his music and its diversity?

... I could go on for hours....:blush-anim-cl:

I love the tone of his natural voice and how he can switch to falsetto seamlessly and breathlessly...not just in the studio, but live.

I love his whole American/Lebanese/Paris/London thing. I have lived in Toronto/Vancouver/Johannesburg/London so I can relate to moving around and adjusting to different cultures. I lived in South Kensington and worked next to the Royal College of Music so I know his neighbourhood well.

I love the fact that he follows his instincts regardless of what other people think but he is discreet and well composed. He expresses his individuality through his music, his performances, his style - not by saying obnoxious things like some young pop stars do.

I love that he thanked the Toronto audience for supporting him by buying tickets before all the hype hit. I know he says that to all his audiences and there was only a month between the time I bought my tickets and the actual show, but it was still touching. He seemed genuinely happy to play for 500 people and I'm sure the cost of the "circus" wiped out any potential profits. It felt like he was just throwing us all a party for the hell of it.

He has the greatest hair I've ever seen in my life.

Hi guys,

Here are my reasons why Mika is special to me:

1. Because he is so talented

2. Because he has a really beautiful voice

3. Because his music makes me feel happy

4. Because he is from London

5. Because all the songs on the album are so unique to him

6. Becausse he is confident and his confidence inspires me to achieve my ambitions in life

7. Because he has curly hair and I really love it.

8. Because "Life In Cartoon Motion" is in my top three albums and has been for the last four weeks or so

9. Because he has a good sense of style

10. Because he can shake his hips in a way that would hypnotize anyone if they let it.

Mmmmm<3 hehe;p

what is so special about Mika to you?

To me, it's about magic. I can listen to the same song a million times, and it still has the same magical feeling about it as the first time. I hope this never fades!

Also, his voice is soo beautiful and polished, and yet real. And his confidence is really inspiring.

For me it's all about the music -- I mean,

obviously I think he's just adorable. And IF I were

younger (and not married) and IF he were interested... well... but really --

it's the music. Maybe it's because I'm older that I'm looking at and thinking

about more than just his curly locks, tight trousers and

grey underwear (not that I don't

notice those things -- I'm older, not dead :wink2: ).

Mika's music has something fresh and exciting and interesting about it,

and most importantly I

sense there's so much POTENTIAL there. Like there's so much more that's

going to happen with him musically... just around the corner and down the

road a bit. The first time I heard "Over My Shoulder" I thought: Surely, this young man can create more than just "two-minute wonders." Yes, his

voice is fabulous, and he knows how to write a terrific, catchy pop song.

That in itself is a wonderful achievement, but IMO there's something more, a

talent there that's untapped, or has yet to evolve.

The more I listen to his interviews and watch him perform (only on TV and

youtube so far, but soon... in person!), I'm seeing and hearing things gel...

it's very exciting to watch. I laugh when I see him gesturing to a bandmate

to slow down or play louder or softer or

even to the audience to clap --

you can see he's a perfectionist and knows *exactly* how he wants

things to be. That should serve him in good stead as he has the opportunity

to do more and different things both with his records and his performances.

It's not just the "control freak" thing, but the integrity to strive for

the best and stick to a vision or idea of what should be --

not settling for what's "just OK."

All in all, I think it's a fantastic musical journey that he's begun and I'm totally

enjoying going along for the ride vicariously, watching his brilliant career

develop and eagerly anticipating what's going to come next. :)

A bit deep and serious, wasn't that? Aren't you sorry you asked...? :wink2:

dcdeb

most importantly I

sense there's so much POTENTIAL there. Like there's so much more that's

going to happen with him musically... just around the corner and down the

road a bit.

That's exactly how I feel. I wasn't totally crazy about LICM when I first heard it, but I was interested in Mika right away. He's got a long career ahead of him and he's only going to get better.

I find some of the criticisms ridiculous. That he's not Freddie Mercury. Well neither was Freddie Mercury at 23. It took him a lifetime to achieve what he did and Mika is still a pup. I also don't understand the criticism that the songs are too diverse. To me it just shows that he's got a huge creative library to draw from and isn't going to churn out the same songs album after album.

The whole circus theme of his show blew me away. That he would put that much effort into a small and insignificant show (in terms of numbers) bodes well for the future. I can just imagine the kind of spectacle he's going to create when he's playing arenas like Robbie Williams and Madonna. It's a great manifestation of his music and it's what will turn people from listeners to fans.

Because:

- he has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard

- his songs make me feel happy and free

- he's being himself

- he's to beautiful to be true:blush-anim-cl:

- he seems to have a very nice personality

- he has great style

- he just have that 'thing' that makes him so special.

Deb, I also feel that "on the verge" feeling about him. He's on the brink and it is going to be fun to watch him develop and mature. I hope he never loses his sense of fun and that childlike nature he's got. He does have that depth of soul too, but he's bright as a penny too... He's got depth of feeling, that child-wonderful-playful quality, and that fabulous talent in his voice.

He's going to be BIG. All of us should enjoy seeing him in the small venues he's playing now, because he won't be playing in them long. These will be sweet, sweet memories soon.

why i love mika:

1- he's from lebanon

2\he has the most amazing voice on the planet

3-his music makes me happy

4-his lyrics are somtimes so dark but they still cheer u up

5-hi composes his own music and lyrics (a true artist)

6-he's dead gorgous

7-there's somthing mysterious about him

8-he makes all thos e funny face expressions wich i absolutly love

9-he's the couzin of a friend

10-it's mika!!!!!!

holy **** hes a cousin of on of your friends!? ur so lucky have u ever like hung out with him before!!!???

what isnt special..his style of music is creative and he doesnt follow everything else, hes the most beautful person i have ever seen, he has such talent, to be able to sing like that...he touched my hand ad waved to me and to wave to me he had to lean around the seat of a car, he obviously cares about his fans...theres so much more but over all he is just PERFECT

i love all of his songs, its rare that find one artist who i know the words to all of their songs and like them all granted he only has one album but hes still perfect his songs are so happy!

Why Mika?

Haven't thought about this so here goes!

Because he is unique!! In everything he does and achieves!!

Think many of you have highlighted the individual traits!!

I like the way he convinces the inner child to come out- in everyone who hears his music! Even my parents have been known to bop about while his music is playing and they are in their 60's!!

The fact he is not ugly helps too I suppose :wink2:

Lastly because he comes across very natural and hides his hang ups. He is himself whenever he performs and is interviewed. The type of guy nextdoor who the girls swoon over and the guys look up to (and fancy!)

He portrays the sterotypical all round good guy who is there when you need a hug or a shoulder to cry on no matter who you are.

I do really admire him for his fantastic musical ability but I probably should know better than this- I do also think he is sooooo... gorgeous and oozes sex appeal!

I hope he is here to stay!!

xx