Left handed, right handed or ambidextrous

Zahara

Left, right or ambidextrous?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Left, right or ambidextrous?

• left handed
    • right handed
    • Ambidextrous person

qua writing i'm right handed, but qua other things I use them both... you know lots of people that are righthanded use that hand for most things, that's not the case with me...

I smoke with my left hand, i open doors with my left hand, were bags in my left hand... and other stuff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this considered ambidextrious, but I write with my left hand, but do everything else with my right. I think I only use my left hand for holding things like pencils, forks, etc...little things, but with my right hand I play sports, (rarely haha) play guitar, am better with my right hand on the piano, and plenty of other things. I feel more comfortable with my right hand I guess

I'm right-handed. I remember when I was younger I always tried to write with my left hand because I had friends that were left-handed..needless to say, it didn't really work out too well :bleh: But hey, I'm happy to be a righty! Mika is, after all :wink2:

i am mainly left handed but i've learnt to cope over the years with right handd tools and with most things i am umbidextrous now.

I was made to change from the left to write with the right hand , so now I can do both, though i suppose the left hand takes longer to transmit the information onto a sheet of paper

I'm a righty. When I was younger I could write with my left hand because I practiced (don't ask me why, there was never a need for it). :blink: I guess because there was no one in my class that was a lefty and I wanted to be different....

I picked ambidextrious (if that's how you spell it).

I have a problem that half the things I do are right and half are left.

I write with my right hand, but I can learn better at playing the guitar as a lefty(tried with the right but didn't realize it until it was too late, left should have been the way).

I had to learn to do alot of things with my left hand a few years ago when I injured my right arm and kept up with the left for those things.

the worst thing for me is when , as a left hander I get pushed over left handed tool to make it easier...

They do not work for me, i've learnt to cope in a right handed world so anything made for left handers like me is so alien , i can't use them, and they are a total waste of money

How do others see this?

the worst thing for me is when , as a left hander I get pushed over left handed tool to make it easier...

They do not work for me, i've learnt to cope in a right handed world so anything made for left handers like me is so alien , i can't use them, and they are a total waste of money

How do others see this?

Well, I'm a born leftie and trained right-handed so for me it really doesn't matter on which side the mouse of my computer is and so on, because it's all the same - both my hands are equally trained and I write with both of them(usually mostly with left and then numbers and stuff with right) since most of my family is right-handed I usually use stuff as they do..

the only thing I can't do with my right hand is my signature...I don't know why, I just simply can't..

do you find that writing is slightly slower with one hand? It's with me and withyou the number thing is strange...is it especially like with number 8?, where on 8 do you start woith the left and where with the right?

Well, I'm a born leftie and trained right-handed so for me it really doesn't matter on which side the mouse of my computer is and so on, because it's all the same - both my hands are equally trained and I write with both of them(usually mostly with left and then numbers and stuff with right) since most of my family is right-handed I usually use stuff as they do..

the only thing I can't do with my right hand is my signature...I don't know why, I just simply can't..

the same for me, but i write easily with my right hand because i'm used to it.

i never write with my left hand but when i'n obliged to.

very useful situation indeed. when i was in hospital for a month during pregnancy, they put me infusions in my arms alternating them..and i always had a valid free hand to rely on!!!

do you find that writing is slightly slower with one hand? It's with me and withyou the number thing is strange...is it especially like with number 8?, where on 8 do you start woith the left and where with the right?

I'm doing numbers mostly with my right as already mentioned but number 8 - I just tried: with right hand I start in the middle of the number but with left I start from the bottom of the number...I have never realised that I start from different places, and both eights I made look quite similar to me..

I find my right hand to be slower maybe a bit, but it is not a notiacable difference.

I'm doing numbers mostly with my right as already mentioned but number 8 - I just tried: with right hand I start in the middle of the number but with left I start from the bottom of the number...I have never realised that I start from different places, and both eights I made look quite similar to me..

I find my right hand to be slower maybe a bit, but it is not a notiacable difference.

see that's what i find with when i write number 8, both hands start differently the right one from the top, going right in the first loop, the left hand syarting bottom going left into the middle of the loop