Mikas Dress Sence

Yeah, isn't that annoying when that happens? I rather dislike Panic! At the Disco because their frontman dresses like I do sometimes, except rather worse. (He wears silver and gold jewelry together! That's a no-no.) I got so tired of everyone telling me that I should be into them when they first came out. (Also, their music isn't that great.)

Aww I like the guy's style (but you're so right about the silver and gold).

However, I have many styles, and I was really chuffed to see Mika wearing braces and stripey socks, because I love them. So I refuse to say I dress like Mika: he dresses like me! Though thanks to him I do want red skinnies now. His album covers have graeter inspiration on what I wear than what he does, though. Which is a good thing, I think! I wouldn't really want to copy anybody, that's no fun.

--Jack

I'll go ahead and say the same thing: Mika dresses like me! I actually have red skinnies (I have them in all different colours actually, been making them myself for years) and these watches argh. Everyone always makes fun of my children's watches, I have tons of them and now Mika pah. :no: (This board lacks a sulk smilie btw).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey no offense!Peace!

:D

I just said it coz it often happens.I also said that you must dress like that if you LOVE that style and you feel it yours.

BUT its nt original to follow someone else's style.Yeah borrow things and stuff but dont change your whole identity because you love Him!

Again: NO OFFENSE!

My dress sense really hasn't changed that much, I still only wear black. I have bought a load of skinny jeans and sneakers and watches and stuff now though :naughty: It happened sub-conciously though, I didn't really think about it like that if you see what I mean.

Aww I like the guy's style (but you're so right about the silver and gold).

Well, I like it too, since I dress like that sometimes! I just happen to think I do it better. ;-)

I'll go ahead and say the same thing: Mika dresses like me! I actually have red skinnies (I have them in all different colours actually, been making them myself for years) and these watches argh. Everyone always makes fun of my children's watches, I have tons of them and now Mika pah. :no: (This board lacks a sulk smilie btw).

Exactly, that's always frustrating. I remember when I got into glam, before it was popular at all, I used to make my own glittery makeup... and then it was glam revival time and all this stuff came out and I was so annoyed. Mind you, this was years ago, I'm over it now. :bleh: But you should just have fun with what you wear even if people think it looks like something else... then you can explain! And at least you don't wear embroidered hoodies with cartoon characters yet... right?

--Jack

Well, I like it too, since I dress like that sometimes! I just happen to think I do it better. ;-)

:thumb_yello:

But you should just have fun with what you wear even if people think it looks like something else... then you can explain! And at least you don't wear embroidered hoodies with cartoon characters yet... right?

--Jack

That hoodie is so wrong I wouldn't want to be caught dead in it! (No offense ofcourse). But you're right about having fun with it, I will.

Oh btw I keep thinking your username is JackFairy for some odd reason. Funny since you brought up being into glam in the past. Must be my magical telepathic skills, reading your mind. Or something. I'm babbling. Sorry..

Mika-obsessive-13:Was that to me?

Okay, yeh no prob.It all wanst meant only for you.I just worte it down.

And as I wrote that down too I love colours.But of course I dont dress like you or anyone else on the planet.

I dunno,are you angry or anything?you sould a tiny bit agressive.:S

Guest Ssnakey

I agree, someone has to keep his own original style, not to copy any fav singer or actor(i have classmates that are watching some kind of soap with teenagers and half of the class is wearing punk accessories like one girl from the TV does-lame) but if it happens to me to like something on my favs I'll wear it sometimes-rarely-only if our dress sense happen to fit a little (though I combine many styles or wear something as my feelings tell me to wear that day-if you get me) like that with Mika's 3 watches.

Or let me give you another example which I don't like at all-it was a singer from Romania who's very popular here and wore a shirt. A girl saw the shirt in the Mall and bought it with a big financial effort only to have it, not to wear it-imagine a girl dressed with a man shirt walking on the street like it's all ok. No one uderstood her but whatever, it was her choice...The idea was that it's not worthful to copy someone else' style even if that person's got the most original style in the world-if you copy it, it won't be original anymore-and if you like something on his style, well, make it fit with your own style-that will be more original from you.

Sorry if you got bored while reading my post:blush-anim-cl:

i guess he kinda has an influence on everyone but depending what kinda person u r if you're like one of those proper individual people who don't like to copy others or theres the ones where u kinda get ideas from others or there are plain copycats don't know where i'd fit :bleh:

See, since Mika, I've gotten into more of the bright, shiny clothing, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to wear it. It's not that I'm afraid of what people will think of me, but it's just not who I am. Sure, I buy the braces because I like them, but I haven't yet worn them anywhere. I think that my taste in the clothing of men has changed, and I'm more into the outlandish, colorful stuff. :D

Hey! Wear what you want, what you like and what you feel good in! It really doesn't matter what other people think! Y'think Mika was caring about what others thought when he was getting dressed? And apparently he's been exercising this free will since childhood!!! Cheers to him for being an individual!!!!!! :thumb_yello:

ok seriously, i'm sorry if i sound like a grump, but what is the big deal?! "he copied me!" "its not fair, i dont want people think im copying him" "i dressed like that first!"

GROW UP

who cares how anybody dresses! mika's clothes rock, your clothes rock. no big deal. its like when people stop liking music because too many people like it. i just don't get it. everyone says they're such individuals but then they FREAK out if someone else likes or does anything similar. i think a real individual does what they do because they want to, it doesn't matter if everyone is doing or no-one is doing it!

phew i finally got that off my chest

im good now:thumb_yello:

ok seriously, i'm sorry if i sound like a grump, but what is the big deal?! "he copied me!" "its not fair, i dont want people think im copying him" "i dressed like that first!"

GROW UP

who cares how anybody dresses! mika's clothes rock, your clothes rock. no big deal. its like when people stop liking music because too many people like it. i just don't get it. everyone says they're such individuals but then they FREAK out if someone else likes or does anything similar. i think a real individual does what they do because they want to, it doesn't matter if everyone is doing or no-one is doing it!

Lol well, I agree with you on some levels.

It's just a little annoying when you get asked several times a day "ah are you trying to copy that singer guy?" - "Lol you look like -insert name-".

In the beginning you laugh about it. Then it starts to annoy you and in the end you just give up.

I'm still in the 'annoyed' phase.

I had a pair of gorgeous turquoise jeans 10 years ago, and I had a pair of lime green jeans 5 years before that, and I've always loved colourful T shirts, so I think that if you have that vibe in you, whether someone like Mika comes along with it too, you shouldn't worry about wearing similar clothes, just enjoy it. And I now am about to come into possesion of a new pair of turquoise jeans, can't come soon enough for me.

GROW UP

i agree its stupid when people stop liking bands because everyone else does, but its anoying when radio stations play the song wayyy to much and it kills it

I love and totally adore Mika's style:wub2: ... but i don't imitate him (it wouldn't suit me:mf_rosetinted: ) He had 'infected' me to be more happier and a brighter person becasue of his songs.

... i did notice i scrunched my nose once when i laughed (i have watched him do it millions of times)... and i felt like a dork when i did it so i made a mental note not to do it again subconsciously :biggrin2:

born4mika