When I saw Rufus last February...he had some merch, but it definitely wasn't a huge amount. I ended up getting a tour program. :)

What exactly IS a tour programme?

Do you have to pay to have programmes? I know the lady who saw Michael Crawford perform in NZ got one for free (and signed. Lucky thing!)

I am so sad to hear about Kate.

So, so sad for Rufus.

Where's Holly?

I'm so worried for Rufus now, he and Kate were so close.

OMG! :crybaby:

I don't know what to say. I am heartbroken. I wish there was some way I could be there for Rufus. He has to be devastated beyond imagination! Kate was his ROCK! I fear it is going to take him a VERY l o n g time to heal from this. My heart goes out to him and Martha! :sad:

Note From Rufus Regarding Kate McGarrigle

When inevitably I read today in the papers that my mother lost her battle with cancer last night, I am filled with an immense desire to add that this battle, though lost, was tremendously fruitful during these last three and a half years of her life. She witnessed her daughter's marriage, the creation of my first opera, the birth of her first grandchild Arcangelo, and gave the greatest performance of her life to a packed crowd at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Not to mention traveling to some of the world's most incredible places with both my sister, her husband Brad, my boyfriend Jorn and myself. Yes, it was all too brief, but as I was saying to her sister Anna last night while sitting by her body after the struggle had ceased, there is never enough time and she, my amazing mother with whom everyone fell in love, went out there and bloody did it. I will miss you mother, my sweet and valiant explorer, lebwohl and adio. X

http://www.rufuswainwright.com/news/default.aspx?nid=24300

When inevitably I read today in the papers that my mother lost her battle with cancer last night, I am filled with an immense desire to add that this battle, though lost, was tremendously fruitful during these last three and a half years of her life. She witnessed her daughter's marriage, the creation of my first opera, the birth of her first grandchild Arcangelo, and gave the greatest performance of her life to a packed crowd at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Not to mention traveling to some of the world's most incredible places with both my sister, her husband Brad, my boyfriend Jorn and myself. Yes, it was all too brief, but as I was saying to her sister Anna last night while sitting by her body after the struggle had ceased, there is never enough time and she, my amazing mother with whom everyone fell in love, went out there and bloody did it. I will miss you mother, my sweet and valiant explorer, lebwohl and adio. X

I just read it on his site. It's so sad she's passed away at such a relatively young age :(

He sounds rather 'strong' in this message. He knew this was coming - as she has been gravely ill the past couple months. So, perhaps in some small way - he has been preparing himself for the inevidable! :sad: He has great support around him also. Together they will get through this great loss. As long as he keeps looking to the positive - and celebrating her LIFE - and all that she was and all that she achieved and got to witness - he will be okay in time!

He sounds rather 'strong' in this message. He knew this was coming - as she has been gravely ill the past couple months. So, perhaps in some small way - he has been preparing himself for the inevidable! :sad: He has great support around him also. Together they will get through this great loss. As long as he keeps looking to the positive - and celebrating her LIFE - and all that she was and all that she achieved and got to witness - he will be okay in time!

You are right, he sounds rather strong. Reading his news message made me cry, so sad :sad:

I thought the same thing. What a beautiful message though, he is such a poet. The entire family has such a brilliant spirit that will get them through this. ♥

j8l9b5.jpg

So beautifully said!:wub2:

I got told today that the show I was going to was cancelled because "His mother is very sick" and then I got on to hear she had passed away. I only recently got into Anna and Kate's music but I knew Rufus and Kate were close. My heart really goes out to Rufus and Martha, I really do feel for them and for Kate herself for whom, cancer was undeserved. I hope she's in a good place now if there is one after life and I so dearly hope Rufus and the family make it well.

So sad :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...