:clap: You lucky LUCKY duck!!!! :swoon: Aaahhhhh I cannot wait for your report!!!! I'm sure it will be more inspiring then someone else's :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

What makes you think so? You don't think - by any chance - that I'm going to give him something really stupid, like a cartoon? Do you? :teehee:

What makes you think so? You don't think - by any chance - that I'm going to give him something really stupid, like a cartoon? Do you? :teehee:

I just meant that Y O U, unlike some (whose NAME I won't mention) actually adore Rufus! :fisch:

:lmao:

Are you giving him a cartoon!? :biggrin2:

:clap: You lucky LUCKY duck!!!! :swoon: Aaahhhhh I cannot wait for your report!!!! I'm sure it will be more inspiring then someone else's :mf_rosetinted:

:sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:

Robertina, I think I will let Marianne and Anzuzu write reports to keep Holly happy :roftl:

I'm looking forward tonight, I really am. I really like his voice and honestly LOVE some of his songs, can't wait to hear them live. But I'm also worried that I will have thoughts like "awww, this venue would be SO perfect for Mika's acoustic gig... :wub2:" while Rufus is singing... I'm so sorry Holly! :naughty:

Okay, this is NOT a report (Marianne will write a report!!) :naughty:

But, Rufus was charming :wub2: I wasn't expecting it (well, wasn't expecting he would be that charming!)! Well, the first part of the gig was weird and artistic :mf_rosetinted: Seriously. He came in wearing black tights and a black gown (??) and there was a HUGE, disturbing and ugly eye in the background. He sang all his new songs without a proper pause (that eye on the background...) and I still couldn't recognize any of his songs, though I have his new album and I have listened to it for while already.

After a small break he performed old, familiar songs. And he was SO charming, chatty and adorable (in his cute tights :roftl:), I wasn't really prepared to it!! And his voice is AMAZING :swoon: I have always thought it's soft and strong at the same time, but when you hear it live it's just amazing, I loved it :wub2:

I filmed most songs after the break (we were not allowed to use a camera before the break), I will upload them if someone is interested.

Edited by tiibet

Okay, this is NOT a report (Marianne will write a report!!) :naughty:

But, Rufus was charming :wub2: I wasn't expecting it (well, wasn't expecting he would be that charming!)! Well, the first part of the gig was weird and artistic :mf_rosetinted: Seriously. He came in wearing black tights and a black gown (??) and there was a HUGE, disturbing and ugly eye in the background. He sang all his new songs without a proper pause (that eye on the background...) and I still couldn't recognize any of his songs, though I have his new album and I have listened to it for while already.

After a small break he performed old, familiar songs. And he was SO charming, chatty and adorable (in his cute tights :roftl:), I wasn't really prepared to it!! And his voice is AMAZING :swoon: I have always thought it's soft and strong at the same time, but when you hear it live it's just amazing, I loved it :wub2:

I filmed most songs after the break (we were not allowed to use a camera before the break), I will upload them if someone is interested.

Thank you for your not-report!:roftl:

Anyway it's good to hear you enjoyed the show, he is good isn't he?:wink2:

Even though I've never seen him on stage, live, I love to see and listen to him when he's performing...you know what I mean, like in your clips or on TV! He has such a great stage persona!:wub2:

No one is interested?

Cigarettes And Chocolate Milk:

Poses:

Going To Town:

Will upload the rest later today.

I'm very interested!!! Thanks a lot for the non-report and the fab vids :wub2: I sooo love "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk"! I hope i can see him live one day too.

Even though I've never seen him on stage, live, I love to see and listen to him when he's performing...you know what I mean, like in your clips or on TV! He has such a great stage persona!:wub2:

Agreed!!! :thumb_yello:

Thank you for your not-report!:roftl:

Anyway it's good to hear you enjoyed the show, he is good isn't he?:wink2:

Yes, he really is good! His new album is quite challenging, in my opinion. But after this I'm motivated to use much more time and effort listening to it.

No one is interested?

Poses:

Going To Town:

Thank you so much for filming - even though it wasn't allowed. :teehee: Please post the rest of the videos if you have more!

I'd better write my report now that I'm still on (Rufus) high...

So, as you probably know, Rufus came slowly onto stage in something that looked like a women's black and feathery night gown. :naughty: The grand piano was right in front of Anzuzu and her boyfriend and me, so we had a brilliant view from the front row. I wish you had been there, Holly. You would have fainted. :naughty:

Rufus had requested that the audience wouldn't applaud during the first part of the show. And everyone kept so quiet that I could actually hear him breathing. :shocked: I had to cross my arms for safety reasons, to restrain myself from clapping.

I got Rufus's new album last week and I had listened to it a little. The songs came exactly in the same order as they are on the album, and I recognized most of them. It's an acoustic album and I like it. I must say that I don't understand the album art though. The eye. His (I assume) painted eye was haunting (blinking) in the background during the first part of the concert, and there were times when I just kept staring at it and then woke up and stared at him again. And then came more eyes... Was their purpose to hypnotize or something? Because it worked. :blink:

He left the stage and we were allowed to clap for the first time. They lighted up candles on the stage and moved the grand piano nearer to us during a 20-minute break. He then came back dressed in a white shirt, a light brown decorated vest and black tights (:lmfao:) and started the second part of the concert, during which he played the old songs. As you may know, we had had a chance to influence in the setlist. I had had trouble choosing the best song, because there are so many, you know. But I ended up voting for Art Teacher for three reasons: because he didn't play it the last time I saw him, I wanted to hear his amazing piano playing and I think it's a pretty funny song written from a perspective of a girl.

Rufus surely knows how to take his audience. He talked between almost every song, and the best part of it was that I understood everything he said. Not sure I remember them anymore, but... He said that he had come from Tallin on a ferry, and while he was there, he had noticed that Helsinki was not the best destination when you're on a boat. Hell-sink-i. I had never thought about it actually.

He had been touring Scandinavia, so he had noticed how different the audiences where in every country. But they had similarities, too. I don't know if he tells the same things to every audience, but... um... He said that we were the best! And crazy. :roftl: He also told us about the times when he was young and crazy and using substances and listening to Sibelius, and how they were the happiest times ever for him, "sadly". He also likes the Finnish opera singer Karita Mattila.

He did three encores - the songs that Tiibet filmed - and after that he did a song by his mother Kate McGarrigle who passed away recently. He talked a lot about his mother and other family members and the songs he had written about them. I wasn't aware before yesterday that Dinner at Eight is about his father, and that Memphis Skyline is about Jeff Buckley. He had been waiting for something to happen between him and Jeff, but it never did... :lmfao: And Rufus couldn't save him, he said. Memphis Skyline was the last song I expected to hear, but he did it and it was gorgeous! He messed up Little Sister twice and said that he could now do as many mistakes as he liked. That's why he didn't want applauds during the first part: he didn't want to mess up.

What else did he say... Something about how he should hang more with people of his own age. I can't remember what it was about, but I'm sure Anzuzu will. Her memory is amazing. And I'm sure he also said something else that I will remember later.

All in all it was like a chunk of Heaven and lasted for almost three hours including the break. He played so many songs he didn't play when I saw him for the first time. How he can play the piano so perfectly without looking at it is beyond my mind. He's the best piano player I have had the privilege of seeing play. He does the classical stuff better than Mika. But Mika isn't as bad at it as he says, either.

He left the building rather quickly, but I managed to meet him. I told him that we had met two years ago, and he was like: "Oh yeah!" I don't know if he remembered, but anyway he knows now. And I gave him this:

Rufusvampire.jpg

I told him I do cartoons. He thanked me and touched my arm, which means I can't even wash my left arm now. The right one has also been polluted by Rufus two years ago. :roftl: He couldn't stop for long because he needed to eat something. I don't blame him - the night must have been tiring for him!

Did I mention that he looks really, um... pretty up close? It's as if he had had mascara... Or maybe he just always looks so stunning after a show. :teehee:

Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors.

Edited by Marianne84

Marianne and tiibet,

thanks for your reports and videos on YT!:thumb_yello:

I really must go to see him whenever he comes to Hungary - if he ever will. He is completely unknown here... no mention of him anywhere at all :sad:

Thank you so much for filming - even though it wasn't allowed. Please post the rest of the videos if you have more!

So, as you probably know, Rufus came slowly onto stage in something that looked like a women's black and feathery night gown. :naughty: The grand piano was right in front of Anzuzu and her boyfriend and me, so we had a brilliant view. I wish you had been there, Holly. You would have fainted. :naughty:

Rufus had requested that the audience wouldn't applaud during the first part of the show. And everyone kept so quiet that I could actually hear him breathing. I had to cross my arms for safety reasons, to restrain myself from clapping.

I got Rufus's new album last week and I had listened to it a little. The songs came exactly in the same order as they are on the album, and I recognized most of them. It's an acoustic album and I like it. I must say that I don't understand the album art though. The eye. His (I assume) painted eye was haunting (blinking) in the background during the first part of the concert, and there were times when I just kept staring at it and then woke up and stared at him again. And then came more eyes... Were their purpose to hypnotize or something? Because it worked. :blink:

He left the stage and we were allowed to clap for the first time. They lighted up candles on the stage and moved the grand piano nearer to us during a 20-minute break. He then came back dressed in a white shirt, a light brown decorated vest and black tights (:lmfao:) and started the second part of the concert, during which he played the old songs. As you may know, we had had a chance to influence in the setlist. I had had trouble choosing the best song, because there are so many, you know. But I ended up voting for Art Teacher for three reasons: because he didn't play it the last time I saw him, I wanted to hear his amazing piano playing and I think it's a pretty funny song written from a perspective of a girl.

Rufus surely knows how to take his audience. He talked between almost every song, and the best part of it was that I understood everything he said. Not sure I remember them anymore, but... He said that he had come from Tallin on a ferry, and while he was there, he had noticed that Helsinki was not the best destination when you're on a boat. Hell-sink-i. I had never thought about it actually.

He had been touring Scandinavia, so he had noticed how different the audiences where in every country. But they had similarities, too. I don't know if he tells the same things to every audience, but... um... He said that we were the best! And crazy. :roftl: He also told us about the times when he was young and crazy and using substances and listening to Sibelius, and how they were the happiest times ever for him, "sadly". He also likes the Finnish opera singer Karita Mattila.

He did three encores - the songs that Tiibet filmed - and after that he did a song by his mother Kate McGarrigle who passed away recently. He talked a lot about his mother and other family members and the songs he had written about them. I wasn't aware before yesterday that Dinner at Eight is about his father, and that Memphis Skyline is about Jeff Buckley. He had been waiting for something to happen between him and Jeff, but it never did... :lmfao: And Rufus couldn't save him, he said. Memphis Skyline was the last song I expected to hear, but he did it and it was gorgeous! He messed up Little Sister twice and said that he could now do as many mistakes as he liked. That's why he didn't want applauds during the first part: he didn't want to mess up.

What else did he say... Something about how he should hang more with people of his own age. I can't remember what it was about, but I'm sure Anzuzu will. Her memory is amazing. And I'm sure he also said something else that I will remember later.

All in all it was like a chunk of Heaven and lasted for almost three hours including the break. He played so many songs he didn't play when I saw him for the first time. How he can play the piano so perfectly without looking at it is beyond my mind. He's the best piano player I have had the priviledge of seeing play. He does the classical stuff better than Mika. But Mika isn't as bad at it as he says, either.

He left the building rather quickly, but I managed to meet him. I told him that we had met two years ago, and he was like: "Oh yeah!" I don't know if he remembered, but anyway he knows now. And I gave him this:

Rufusvampire.jpg

He thanked me and touched my arm, which means I can't even wash my left arm now. The right one has also been polluted by Rufus two years ago. :roftl: He couldn't stop for long because he needed to eat something. I don't blame him - the night must have been tiring for him!

Did I mention that he looks really, um... pretty up close? It's as if he had had mascara... Or maybe he just always looks so stunning after a show. :teehee:

Thanks for writing such a detailed report!! Now, don't YOU worry about your English, it's so good and I already worry about mine so much!!! :lmfao:

I think filming was as allowed as always... I was very careful not to use any flash, actually I didn't take any pics at all. And I kept my small camera very low and there was a security guy almost next to me and he didn't care, so I thought it was okay. I don't think I was disturbing anyone.

I find his new album quite difficult. I have listened to it, but it seems I can never concentrate enough. It will be much easier after this, that's for sure. The first part was quite a spectacle, wasn't it! Those older songs you mentioned were so beautiful :wub2: I also loved Beauty Mark, it's one of my all time favorites. I wish I had filmed it, but it was the first song and started so suddenly so I didn't.

Your drawing is fantastic :thumb_yello:

I don't think filming was allowed at all. I tried to film last time like Anzuzu told you, but I found out too late that it wasn't allowed. Perhaps they didn't see what you were doing. That's okay then. :biggrin2: My video is still on YouTube, so I don't think they will take yours down either.

Thanks for your compliment on my drawing!

As to my English... I'm pretty fluent in written English, and everyone always tells me so. But my spoken English really sucks sometimes. :naughty:

I don't think filming was allowed at all. I tried to film last time like Anzuzu told you, but I found out too late that it wasn't allowed. Perhaps they didn't see what you were doing. That's okay then. :biggrin2: My video is still on YouTube, so I don't think they will take yours down either.

Thanks for your compliment on my drawing!

As to my English... I'm pretty fluent in written English, and everyone always tells me so. But my spoken English really sucks sometimes. :naughty:

I guess at some venues security sees things very literally, but it happens very rarely. Most times filming with a small digital camera is just fine. Or do you think youtube vids might actually disturb rufus?

OMG! I just found a Finnish article about Rufus... Well, that's not the news, but the sort of the article! :lmfao: I'll translate it for you. It has been released on April 16th.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=2095756

Picture caption: "Rufus wants 50 Cent".

"Rufus Wainwright: You're gay, 50 Cent, come visit us!

Rufus Wainwright, especially known for his song Hallelujah, thinks that the rapper 50 Cent is something else than a ladies man.

- I love, love 50 Cent. I think he is the sexiest and a brilliant songwriter. And I know that he is gay, Wainwright gets enthusiastic.

But where has the openly gay Wainwright got something like that into his head from?

- Because of his cute little voice. It's okay, 50 Cent! Call me anytime. My boyfriend and I are experts in this field. You may come for dinner anytime. And maybe for dessert as well.

New York Post tried to get 50 Cent's comments about the subject, but the man kept quiet."

I wonder why? :naughty:

Edited by Marianne84

Robertina, I think I will let Marianne and Anzuzu write reports to keep Holly happy :roftl:

I'm looking forward tonight, I really am. I really like his voice and honestly LOVE some of his songs, can't wait to hear them live. But I'm also worried that I will have thoughts like "awww, this venue would be SO perfect for Mika's acoustic gig... :wub2:" while Rufus is singing... I'm so sorry Holly! :naughty:

EEEKKKK! I am SO excited!!!! I haven't read any of the reports YET - but this got me all excited!!! :boing:

I would be happy no matter WHAT you write tiibet!!! :huglove: I am so happy that you went to see Rufus and that you enjoy his music and appreciate his talent that is REALLY all that matters to me - and that a l o n e makes me VERY happy!!!! :biggrin2:

.....OH - and I do not blame ANYONE when they look around a venue and think of MIKA! TRUST me, I do it myself - EVEN when I am seeing RUFUS! :teehee: HOW can we NOT - after all we ARE Mika fans! :fisch:

Okay, this is NOT a report (Marianne will write a report!!)

After a small break he performed old, familiar songs. And he was SO charming, chatty and adorable (in his cute tights :roftl:), I wasn't really prepared to it!! And his voice is AMAZING :swoon: I have always thought it's soft and strong at the same time, but when you hear it live it's just amazing, I loved it

Aaawww! :eek: Like I said before you lot are SO lucky to witness this! I mean, I can just imagine HOW dark and deep the first part of the show is! And I don't know - perhaps I would be forced to cut off my hands in order not to clap. :dunno: Not really though - because I respect Rufus, and what he is doing with this. What an awesome way for him to be able to grieve! I just don't know how in the world he holds himself together night after night! I do not think that i would be able to do it - in that state! :crybaby: I feel for him SO deeply. I cannot even explain the depth of what I mean by that! I have a feeling some of you may 'get me' though! :roftl: He is amazing live - you really get a sense of his genuine talent! It is undeniable - I mean EVEN by Robertina's standards! :teehee: LOVE you Robi! :huglove:

IF I SAW RUFUS IN THAT GET UP - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE PASSED OUT! :swoon:

:stretcher:

No one is interested?

Poses:

Going To Town:

OF COURSE WE ARE INTERESTED!!!! :swoon:

Thank you SO much!!!! And Poses!!!! :stretcher: Yes, had I been there, I surely would have died! :wub2:

Thank you so much for filming - even though it wasn't allowed. Please post the rest of the videos if you have more!

So, as you probably know, Rufus came slowly onto stage in something that looked like a women's black and feathery night gown. :naughty: The grand piano was right in front of Anzuzu and her boyfriend and me, so we had a brilliant view from the front row. I wish you had been there, Holly. You would have fainted. :naughty:

Rufus had requested that the audience wouldn't applaud during the first part of the show. And everyone kept so quiet that I could actually hear him breathing. I had to cross my arms for safety reasons, to restrain myself from clapping.

I got Rufus's new album last week and I had listened to it a little. The songs came exactly in the same order as they are on the album, and I recognized most of them. It's an acoustic album and I like it. I must say that I don't understand the album art though. The eye. His (I assume) painted eye was haunting (blinking) in the background during the first part of the concert, and there were times when I just kept staring at it and then woke up and stared at him again. And then came more eyes... Was their purpose to hypnotize or something? Because it worked.

He left the stage and we were allowed to clap for the first time. They lighted up candles on the stage and moved the grand piano nearer to us during a 20-minute break. He then came back dressed in a white shirt, a light brown decorated vest and black tights and started the second part of the concert, during which he played the old songs. As you may know, we had had a chance to influence in the setlist. I had had trouble choosing the best song, because there are so many, you know. But I ended up voting for Art Teacher for three reasons: because he didn't play it the last time I saw him, I wanted to hear his amazing piano playing and I think it's a pretty funny song written from a perspective of a girl.

All in all it was like a chunk of Heaven and lasted for almost three hours including the break. He played so many songs he didn't play when I saw him for the first time. How he can play the piano so perfectly without looking at it is beyond my mind. He's the best piano player I have had the privilege of seeing play. He does the classical stuff better than Mika. But Mika isn't as bad at it as he says, either.

Rufusvampire.jpg

I told him I do cartoons. He thanked me and touched my arm, which means I can't even wash my left arm now. The right one has also been polluted by Rufus two years ago. :roftl: He couldn't stop for long because he needed to eat something. I don't blame him - the night must have been tiring for him!

:crybaby: OH OH OH! YES - surely I would have fainted! I have never been on the front row at a RuShow - so yeah aaahhhhhhhh! And THAT outfit - WHY NO PICTURES! I would give my left arm to see a pic of that! :das:

I'm SO glad you waited for him - I love how EVEN when he is in a hurry (or has some place else to be) he STILL takes a moment for his fans! That is a beautiful thing! :wub2: And Marianne - YOUR drawing is literally TO DIE FOR! How large is it? Because it appears to be HUGE! :naughty: THAT my dear is PRICELESS! You are SO talented! I mean we already KNEW that - but, :mf_lustslow: