OMG! I just found a Finnish article about Rufus... Well, that's not the news, but the sort of the article! :lmfao: I'll translate it for you. It has been released on April 16th.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=2095756

Picture caption: "Rufus wants 50 Cent".

"Rufus Wainwright: You're gay, 50 Cent, come visit us!

Rufus Wainwright, especially known for his song Hallelujah, thinks that the rapper 50 Cent is something else than a ladies man.

- I love, love 50 Cent. I think he is the sexiest and a brilliant songwriter. And I know that he is gay, Wainwright gets enthusiastic.

But where has the openly gay Wainwright got something like that into his head from?

- Because of his cute little voice. It's okay, 50 Cent! Call me anytime. My boyfriend and I are experts in this field. You may come for dinner anytime. And maybe for dessert as well.

New York Post tried to get 50 Cent's comments about the subject, but the man kept quiet."

I wonder why? :naughty:

THE F I R S T time I saw an article about this - I was like :shocked: Rufus better be careful saying things like this . . 50 cent is a SCARY dude - and if he is ashamed of his <GAYNESS> I mean, sexuality - uuummm he better HIDE! :aah:

O m G tiibet . . . RUFUS looks SO b e a u t i f u l in your videos - I mean like REALLY gawjus! :crybaby: oh feels like I am n e v e r going to see him again! :sad:

You will, Holly, you definitely will see him again!!!! :huglove:

There are some more Rufus vids on my youtube channel, like

The Art Teacher

And

Dinner At Eight

And some more, but I haven't checked them all yet, uploaded them last night.

y

hmmmmm... from the perspective of a Rufus follower... some interesting.. and rather unusually less then accurate posts on this Rufus thread....

Hi :bye: Could explain a bit more? My English is not that good... :blush-anim-cl:

:crybaby: OH OH OH! YES - surely I would have fainted! I have never been on the front row at a RuShow - so yeah aaahhhhhhhh! And THAT outfit - WHY NO PICTURES! I would give my left arm to see a pic of that! :das:

I'm SO glad you waited for him - I love how EVEN when he is in a hurry (or has some place else to be) he STILL takes a moment for his fans! That is a beautiful thing! :wub2: And Marianne - YOUR drawing is literally TO DIE FOR! How large is it? Because it appears to be HUGE! :naughty: THAT my dear is PRICELESS! You are SO talented! I mean we already KNEW that - but, :mf_lustslow:

Thank you very much! :biggrin2:

Oh, my drawing is only about 18 cm x 25 cm (7,1 in x 9.8 in). Pretty small. :blush-anim-cl:

Rufus only stayed for about two minutes, but still he signed stuff and even took a couple of pictures with fans. I didn't ask him for anything because he was in a hurry.

There are no pictures of Rufus in the night gown, because nothing was allowed during the first part of the concert. We just sat there quiet like mice when Rufus let his heart out. You could have heard a pin drop. It was very touching, and I got tears in my eyes during the last song, Zebulon. :tears::wub2:

Edited by Marianne84

Hi Paul. I had NO idea you were on the MFC! :doh:

Yeah - YOU, my dear are exactly T H A T (a Rufus follower)! That is why you find our posts to be "unusually les then accurate" Us MFCers that post here in the Rufus thread DO NOT claim to be total Rufus buffs, such as yourself. We on the other hand do not know his every move and every statistical fact regarding him. We are SIMPLY fans who LOVE his music - respect and adore him as an artist/person. Yeah, this thread is definitley NOT the place to come for accurate RuKnowledge. It is simply a place to come to express RuLove. We are not trying to pretend to be OR trying to BE a 'Rufus follower' of your magnitude, we are HAPPY with just being. This place is NOTHING like the RuBoards - and it never will be. Of course, if you would like to educate our RuIgnorance . . . be our guest! :huglove:

Ohh Holly, loves songs Rufus, is GREAT:roftl: so emotional, always makes me cry:wub2:

I loved "Going to a Town", beautiful!

Thanks for all vds post here!

My little contribuition in this tread, vds Rufus in Brazil 2008 :thumb_yello: at popular program TV "Jo Soares", famous in my country, interview with Rufus, part 1, more five parts in youtube, sorry my english bad:teehee::naughty:

Hi Paul. I had NO idea you were on the MFC! :doh:

Yeah - YOU, my dear are exactly T H A T (a Rufus follower)! That is why you find our posts to be "unusually les then accurate" Us MFCers that post here in the Rufus thread DO NOT claim to be total Rufus buffs, such as yourself. We on the other hand do not know his every move and every statistical fact regarding him. We are SIMPLY fans who LOVE his music - respect and adore him as an artist/person. Yeah, this thread is definitley NOT the place to come for accurate RuKnowledge. It is simply a place to come to express RuLove. We are not trying to pretend to be OR trying to BE a 'Rufus follower' of your magnitude, we are HAPPY with just being. This place is NOTHING like the RuBoards - and it never will be. Of course, if you would like to educate our RuIgnorance . . . be our guest! :huglove:

I don't know what to think now. If some facts here are not right, why don't someone just correct them? Or if we missing something important Rufus related would love to know that. I obviously don't know enough of him to make a deep conversation, just wanted to tell how much I have liked his music lately and found his concert a great experience.

Ohh Holly, loves songs Rufus, is GREAT:roftl: so emotional, always makes me cry:wub2:

I loved "Going to a Town", beautiful!

Thanks for all vds post here!

My little contribuition in this tread, vds Rufus in Brazil 2008 :thumb_yello: at popular program TV "Jo Soares", famous in my country, interview with Rufus, part 1, more five parts in youtube, sorry my english bad:teehee::naughty:

Awww, thanks!!! It was adorable :wub2:

Please - I would like to know how my post about the video for Rufus's version of Across the Universe was inaccurate? I simply stated that it wasn't on YouTube (or at least I couldn't find it) for a while.

Prussell716 quoted my post at first, but then edited his post. So it was clearly directed to me.

And if it wasn't just my post, then what else do we have in this thread that isn't accurate? I would really like an expert to explain. Obviously the Mika Fan Club is not the right place to come to if you want to know Rufus's every move, like Holly said.

Edited by Marianne84

Hi Holly - Hi Gang --

Ooops - first of all - Marianne84 - I apologize - my post was not intended to be a quote :blink:

... I'm obviously not used to this forum and did that in error - when I came back on and saw that I had quoted - I deleted the quote portion - I was completely not referring to you... or really Rufus related information at all!

As a Rufus fan (or follower - by that I meant follow his music, his career --- etc.) - I do post on his message boards ... and someone on there posted a link to this forum with a review of the Helsinki concert (I like Mika too - I've seen him a few times - and agree that he puts on a great show :thumb_yello:). So I came over to read and enjoy -- and then started reading this thread.

I was really kind of shocked. When I said "less then accurate posts"... I was referring to multiple inaccurate - rather slanderous in some instances - statements that were being made. Not about Rufus - but other fans that I know... and events after shows where I was in attendance. And the using - without consent or giving credit - others' pictures and videos. :shocked:

Ah, that's all right then. I posted a link to this thread. :teehee:

I still don't know what you mean about those inaccurate and slanderous statements in this thread. I have not seen any. As to using pictures and videos... I don't know who you are talking about, but perhaps they didn't know who owned the pictures and videos and couldn't credit because of that?

This is actually a pity what you said Holly, because such great performers as Rufus should unite really good people around themselves, people who want to have something in common, people who want to experience something unusual without thinking that it's only meant for somebody "special". And I don't understand why Rufus fans only want everything for themselves, the "elite" - while someone else can't even come near Rufus. I've seen and felt the atmosphere at Mika gigs so I know what you mean by "big family" - it's true even if there aren't many active board members at the show (I can only imagine what happens in England but I'm perfectly sure everyone is very friendly and nice, just like Mika himself).

On the other hand, you know, I have a friend on a Russian Mika board who has been to his gig in Amsterdam (not the last one but in 2008 or something like that, don't remember) and she managed to go to a fan meeting with Mika after the show. She said it was amazing (of course!) and she spoke to him and held his hand - but she also said that when he saw MFCers there whom he had obviously seen before (many times, I would say :biggrin2: ) he went to that corner of the room for ten whole minutes - I'm not saying anything offensive and I understand that it happened completely unintentionally because maybe Mika himself felt a bit uncomfortable and went to talk to people he knew but meanwhile all the others... well, felt a little deprived :original: Again - don't fight with me, I don't want to say anything bad about those MFCers, no way! I'm just saying that it can happen but we all can understand it.

And it's a completely different thing when people try to prevent other people from meeting the performer completely on purpose. Urgh, that is evil :sneaky2:

The only thing I am guilty of here - is expressing my feelings - and that is what we do here. We express our feelings and thoughts.

I'm sorry to disagree... but I think you have done a bit more than that.

You say that "This side is a land of love, respect and peace . . ." - but have you read your comments about ALL members of the RWMB?

In one post you say that you like and respect me... and in another you state "I HATE THE RWMB! I swear!!!! Those people are RUTHLESS!!!! ALL of them! They are SO fake ..." and continue with disparaging comments. Love? :shocked:

This isn't an isolated post - but rather, a pattern. You've misrepresented events that took place and portrayed myself and a group of people I know very well as evil villains.

vathorniel just posted

"And it's a completely different thing when people try to prevent other people from meeting the performer completely on purpose. Urgh, that is evil "

and I don't fault him or her (I'm sorry - I don't know) for thinking that we are an evil group of people - that's how Holly has painted the picture.

There was no scheme or great plan to try to "derail" you from going backstage in West Palm Beach almost 2 years ago. We were asked by Rufus' management how many people were on our bus before the show... and as we were waiting afterwards - David told us that there were a lot more than the number we had given... and directed us to stand together and have someone state when our line stopped. Period. That's what we did.

This was a very generous gesture that Rufus and his management made - a few of us, myself included, had told Rufus a couple months prior about our planned trip etc... We had seen them at the hotel in Melbourne... and he appreciated that this group of people had flown in from all over - Canada, Europe and the DC area. And not just this trip - but the multiple other times he's seen us at his shows. So he wanted to do something special for the people on the bus. I'm NOT saying that this group is any better or more loyal fans than you or anyone else. But that was the group that he wanted to thank.

If it weren't for this group of people - you would never have gotten to go backstage and get your kiss - on the lips :shocked:

And I made what I thought was a nice gesture to you in Miami - and you state "I appreciated that more then you would ever know!"... it doesn't feel that way...

You have posted videos - identified people giving specific names - and gone on to make disparaging remarks about them. And by the way - said person is neither British, nor is she a member of the group that calls themselves "The Brit Pack" (not sure where the extra 't' is coming from)

Peace? :shocked:

I apologize that this post is getting lengthy - and didn't come on to the Mika Forums expecting this... as I stated previously - I came because of the link on the RWMB - and enjoyed the nice review of the show... thought I might enjoy posting here... and then starting reading this thread. So it disgusted me a bit.

You have portrayed a community of people in an inaccurate and unfair manner. Are all members of the forum angels? Of course not - there are always going to be debates... different points of view. That's actually one of the main points of a discussion forum. Learn from others... discuss intelligently.

love, respect and peace?? hmmm

I would like to apologize in advance to the other members of this forum for the lengthy post, but I feel I must say all of this.

Nope they do not like twitter - I told you . . . most of them have their heads so far up their arses they can not even see the sunshine! :roftl: Sad but true!

Perhaps it is comments like the one above that prussell716 objects to. It indeed seems childish and inappropriate to vilify an entire message board based on your short experience with one small group of people nearly two years ago. Especially since you choose to make such comments here, and not confront whoever you have a problem with directly. You are lumping everyone together and putting down many many people you don't even know, ironically making you guilty of the same thing you accuse Rufus fans of supposedly doing.

I also found my way here through the Helsinki show thread on the Rufus board and started to read this thread and other related ones out of curiosity. I always find it interesting to see what other people have to say about Rufus. Imagine my shock and dismay at seeing such comments about people I have met and know. It was so upsetting I felt compelled to sign up and post.

I have never encountered any posts of such a rude nature about this forum or any other fan forum on our board, so surely the same respect should be extended to us.

People may at times have issues with each other, and every forum has its politics, but I have never seen the terms "skanky bitch" "snotty" "gross" etc bandied about on the RWMB in reference to other fans.

It looks very juvenile, immature and underhanded to say these things where most Rufus board members would never see them. If you feel so strongly perhaps you should make your comments on our board and see what response you get. I doubt anyone would be as rude as you have been about us on here. If anything, people would want to understand why you feel this way.

Everyone was once a new fan wanting to meet Rufus, and nobody new has ever come back to the RWMB after a show to say other fans prevented them from meeting Rufus. I have attended many shows over the years and have never witnessed such a thing. I myself was first introduced to Rufus after a show by a fellow board member who told him my name and ushered me forward. I have only seen newbies return to the board after a show to thank the people who pushed them towards Rufus and took their photo with him.

So is it not possible that you are misrepresenting events?

I should hope that anyone who is a true fan of Rufus Wainwright would not comport themselves like a petulant child, spreading rumors and holding a grudge. There are people on our forum who are half your age and do not behave in such a manner.

And on the subject of using photos and media without crediting, I can only agree with prussell716. From what I have seen, there were photos posted on here from Rufus' shows in Florida in 2008 that were taken straight from the RWMB. There is nothing inherently wrong with sharing these things, but only when proper credit is given to the photographers. If you post these pictures and pass them off as your own, this in effect constitutes theft and copyright infringement. It is especially hypocritical when you have spent a considerable amount of time making snide remarks about those who took the photos.

If you have a problem, come say it directly. Don't hide on a completely different forum, poisoning people against us. prussell716 said it very well; peace and respect? I don't see it.

I am glad this thread is open again.

Rufus is basically fully unknown in my country and I actually discovered Rufus via Mika - just checking out some of the artists he mentioned he liked. What a nice surprise that was. My best discovery thanks to the artist I love the most. :blush-anim-cl:

I still have no clue of what happened that generated some of the posts on the last couple of pages, but I couldn't care less, to be honest, so I am not wasting any time to investigate on it. I like Rufus's music only and I am not interested in any details on Rufus's M&Gs or the sources of videos and pictures posted here...etc. If I were I would simply visit Rufus's own forum. The reason I check this thread now and then is to see if there is any new release out or any performance fellow MFCers recommend us to watch.

I mean, to me it is much more relevant if I read the gig review of a person I know (even if that person has little knowledge on the artist) than reading a proper review. That's why I liked the reports of tiibet and Marianne from Helsinki or the Brazilian interview and performance that was recommended for us to watch by krjsantos. It simply feels more personal.

However, I do hope that 'Rufus fans' who we no so active on MFC, will start posting more on Mika as it would be interesting to see their perspective on Mika's performances.:thumb_yello:

Rufus is basically fully unknown in my country and I actually discovered Rufus via Mika - just checking out some of the artists he mentioned he liked. What a nice surprise that was. My best discovery thanks to the artist I love the most. :blush-anim-cl:

I still have no clue of what happened that generated some of the posts on the last couple of pages, but I couldn't care less, to be honest, so I am not wasting any time to investigate on it. I like Rufus's music only and I am not interested in any details on Rufus's M&Gs or the sources of videos and pictures posted here...etc. If I were I would simply visit Rufus's own forum. The reason I check this thread now and then is to see if there is any new release out or any performance fellow MFCers recommend us to watch.

I mean, to me it is much more relevant if I read the gig review of a person I know (even if that person has little knowledge on the artist) than reading a proper review. That's why I liked the reports of tiibet and Marianne from Helsinki or the Brazilian interview and performance that was recommended for us to watch by krjsantos. It simply feels more personal.

However, I do hope that 'Rufus fans' who we no so active on MFC, will start posting more on Mika as it would be interesting to see their perspective on Mika's performances.:thumb_yello:

I'm also glad the thread is open again and I agree with Suzie, I couldn't have said it better!:thumb_yello:

I am VERY happy to see this thread, that we all LOVE so much - can get back to the way it has always been. I'm sorry there had to be an interruption of sorts here - but, due to the fact that none of us have the time, energy or need to focus on that - we can carry on. As we all know there has never been ANY issues here before. And the incident rehashed on the previous pages was something that occured 2 years ago. Even the posts themselves mentioned were, again 2 years old. It's not like we have sat here and carried on with it again and again for the past 2 years. It is something dead and barried that once occurred. There are no grudges of sorts and no one here cares really. If I or anyone wished to discuss it, we would go to the other forum. MFC can live in harmony once again. As we all know the peace, love and respect referred to was in reference to this forum, and this forum alone. And YEs - IT is v e r y apparent!!!! :huglove:

After all THIS thread is all about Rufus - not his fans.

I too discovered Rufus through Mika! I have always said that Rufus is the greatest gift that Mika could have ever given me! :wub2::naughty:

Edited by HollyD

Very well put. :)

Right now I can't get enough of Rufus' live version of Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart.

Holly...love your new sig!

Right now I can't get enough of Rufus' live version of Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart.

and I just can't get rid of Rufus version of "He ain't heavy, he's my brother". It is absolutely stunning. Stuck on repeat for a month already, I think :fangurl:

aawww thanks! I like changing it up from time to time! :aah:

I listen to Rufus ALL of the time, as you all can imagine! :teehee: And I get stuck on certain songs all of the time - and I will listen to them on repeat for DAYS! My FAVE, I mean all time FAVE RuRu song is: I don't know what it is . .

but, right now I am STUCK on Go or go ahead! :swoon: That song is SO p o w e r f u l!!!!

Ok I've re read the comments in here and I cannot close a thread due to discussion

was there a need to close the thread – did someone request it? (just curious):wink2:

I still have no clue of what happened that generated some of the posts on the last couple of pages,

Well now noone will know as HollyD conveniently edited and deleted all the posts which contained the nasty disparaging comments she made:sneaky2: (screen caps of said posts do exist though:thumb_yello:)

And the incident rehashed on the previous pages was something that occured 2 years ago. Even the posts themselves mentioned were, again 2 years old.

Actually this is untrue - the posts that were quoted and referred to where made in January of this year.

It's not like we have sat here and carried on with it again and again for the past 2 years.

Well it’s obvious you have (see above)

After all THIS thread is all about Rufus - not his fans.

Finally you say something truthful:thumb_yello: Hopefully this will be the end of the uncalled-for comments. :biggrin2:

Now back to Rufus – there are some fabulous videos here to enjoy

Edited by River_Fish

:thumb_yello:

Excellent - I think it's great to have this thread back and harmony restored. I couldn't agree more with you Holly when you state "After all THIS thread is all about Rufus - not his fans." Glad that we are on the same page now and all of those disparaging comments about other fans on this and other threads have now been deleted!

And nice video selection River_Fish :biggrin2:

* off to watch The Maker Makes *

was there a need to close the thread – did someone request it? (just curious):wink2:

Well now noone will know as HollyD conveniently edited and deleted all the posts which contained the nasty disparaging comments she made:sneaky2: (screen caps of said posts do exist though:thumb_yello:)

Actually this is untrue - the posts that were quoted and referred to where made in January of this year.

Well it’s obvious you have (see above)

Finally you say something truthful:thumb_yello: Hopefully this will be the end of the uncalled-for comments. :biggrin2:

Now back to Rufus – there are some fabulous videos here to enjoy

ok, let's stop this here. if you have anything to say to hollyd, please do it in pm. there is no need to pollute rufus' thread with nasty comments back and forth.

enough is enough! :sneaky2: