The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

come on guys its not that bad, ok yeah it is but there are other things like culture and kiwiana and stuff that is unique to new zealand that other non citizens find interesting, I think thats what theyre trying to get at!

you know when a famous actor comes here and said "I loved such and such so much Ill be back again"

thats the kind of things we need to get out! If none of yall can do it, ill try! theres more to new zealand than lord of the rings and flight of the concords!

by the way i live in the official kiwiana town of NZ and the world :bleh:

I KNOW! the only good new zealand band is rapture ruckus. the rest are lousy copycats.

new zealand would be nice if it wasnt such a hole. i mean, its sad i know who ben lummis is.

Sorry, didn't se your reply till now ;)

I saw Ben Lummis AND Matt Sinoa live!

Matty sang at Kapiti RSA and Ben preached at a local church and from there came the few months where I was forced to be a Christian (it's a long story involving my nosey school teacher who lived across the road and a friend of her's plus Lummis telling us to come up or to take someone up who didn't have a very good relationship wit Jesus and yeah) and Sarah Brown is good but nobody knows who she is and Ladyhawked doesn't even LIVE here anymore!

And the comedy scene... Don't even get me started on the comedy scene! :P

Sorry, didn't se your reply till now ;)

I saw Ben Lummis AND Matt Sinoa live!

Matty sang at Kapiti RSA and Ben preached at a local church and from there came the few months where I was forced to be a Christian (it's a long story involving my nosey school teacher who lived across the road and a friend of her's plus Lummis telling us to come up or to take someone up who didn't have a very good relationship wit Jesus and yeah) and Sarah Brown is good but nobody knows who she is and Ladyhawked doesn't even LIVE here anymore!

And the comedy scene... Don't even get me started on the comedy scene! :P

I saw a really good comedian at eastercamp.. what was his name..

matts cool. i used to be a huge ben fan (bt i never voted for him :bleh:) i added him on bebo and left a comment a while back.. but neither of them will amount to nothing.

elemenop are good tho!

we need to say positive things about NZ now.

I saw a really good comedian at eastercamp.. what was his name..

matts cool. i used to be a huge ben fan (bt i never voted for him :bleh:) i added him on bebo and left a comment a while back.. but neither of them will amount to nothing.

elemenop are good tho!

we need to say positive things about NZ now.

I was actually taking a dig at my mother's boyfriend who is a comedian.

Try Vaughan King

Nah, I'm not really a fan of Elemeno p. But I'm not really big on much Kiwi stuff anyway :)

I do like the Tutts and Brooke Fraiser.

What nice things can we say and why would we say them though?

I was just about to say that :punk: Aaand let's not forget the ever so brilliant: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15560&highlight=gin+wigmore :mf_rosetinted:

New Zealand :wub2:

Hahaha any excuse to plug Gin ;)

But I don't think she sounds like Wino or Duffy :o

Something nice about NZ is that my mother's BF's aunty was around for dinner and I mentioned "the Grace Kelly Guy" because V ca't stand him (or his name) and she said "MIKAMIKAMIKAMIKA!!!" and I looked at her like O_o and she said "Know what's funny? Mika is the spitting image of my old neighbour! Right down to the smile, Khayla, I wish I had a picture to show you, he was gorgeous!"

AAH! LURVE HER!

Hahaha any excuse to plug Gin ;)

But I don't think she sounds like Wino or Duffy :o

Something nice about NZ is that my mother's BF's aunty was around for dinner and I mentioned "the Grace Kelly Guy" because V ca't stand him (or his name) and she said "MIKAMIKAMIKAMIKA!!!" and I looked at her like O_o and she said "Know what's funny? Mika is the spitting image of my old neighbour! Right down to the smile, Khayla, I wish I had a picture to show you, he was gorgeous!"

AAH! LURVE HER!

I have no idea what you're on about :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

If I had to place her, she'd have to be in that category of musicians. But nah, she's not really that similar to them, she's unique. :D

Haha that's funny! :bleh:

• 2 weeks later...

i love new zealand, to be totally honest.

and something good to say: where do i start?

things i love about nz:::

OTOROHANGA

MY HORSE

MY YOUTH GROUP

OUR RIVER IN THE SUMMER

MARMITE

HOW FRIENDLY PPL ARE COMPARED TO OVERSEAS

FLIGHT OF THE CONCORDS

DAVE WIGGINS

MY CHURCH

THE URAWERAS

THE WAITOMO CAVES

the list goes on and on...

i love new zealand, to be totally honest.

and something good to say: where do i start?

things i love about nz:::

OTOROHANGA

MY HORSE

MY YOUTH GROUP

OUR RIVER IN THE SUMMER

MARMITE

HOW FRIENDLY PPL ARE COMPARED TO OVERSEAS

FLIGHT OF THE CONCORDS

DAVE WIGGINS

MY CHURCH

THE URAWERAS

THE WAITOMO CAVES

the list goes on and on...

What's that first one?

AUCKLAND

THAT GUY FROM CHURCH WHO I AM SECRETLY IN LURVE WITH...

AND HIS IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER...

FLIGHT OF THE CONVORDS.

Well, that's my list...

I used to like the Lion man but I feel that's a bit of a sore subject no?

PS. And you can learn French :o