The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

hey, i was just flicking tru photobucket, and theres heaps of photos from around waitomo, where I live!

me and my brothers swin in that river alot:

P1010847.jpg its a good photo!

1592.jpg

waitomo caves: SpellboundboatrideSmall.jpg

Gorgeous pics:thumb_yello:

alls fine in the hizous

hows your side of the ditch?

Tis pretty good... It was cold last weekend (it snowed here!), and now it's quite warm...

Weird Orange weather...

Just talking about the friendliness of NZers... I only know one NZer in RL (and he was originally born in Scotland), but I think they seem quite friendly... but I think that in big cities people seem less freiendly in general... I mean even in Orange, it has 38000 (?) people, and people can be kind of rude here... the smaller the place is, the friendlier...

and even that's a generalisation :naughty:

i can't add much to the current topic of converstation but tegan, i might be able to rustle up some pics *rubs hands together*

Sweet!

I didn't quote the pics, but thanks hun! They're gorgeous! Reminds me a bit of Orange actually...

heres a kiwi for the kiwi thread

Young-kiwi-Rotorua.jpg

Awwwwwwww.... gorgeous!

Movember is where guys try to grow mostashes and raise money for prostate cancer during the month formaly known as NOVEMBER,

this year, during the november Marmite relabelled Momite and donated 15c per bottle to Prostate cancer. Its funny because they changed the name to momite during the month of movember...get it?

Ooohhh I seee! That's IS funny!! :lmao: I knew it :naughty::roftl:

hey, i was just flicking tru photobucket, and theres heaps of photos from around waitomo, where I live!

Aahhh New Zealand.. The most beautiful country on the planet. :wub2:

Looking at these pics brings back all sorts of memories. I feel very at home in this thread. Auckland and NZ is home to me.

When I was in Waitomo the rain was POURING down!! Seriously, it was INSANE! Lots of floodings. Therefore I'm afraid my pics from there aren't as nice as the ones you posted. Here's one of the river anyway just for show and one inside the Aranui Cave. Unfortunately commoners aren't aloud to photograph inside the Glow Worm Cave but no picture could ever make it justice anyway. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Completely pitch black and then you look up and the ceiling looks like the clearest, most stunning night-sky with glowing "stars" that you could ever imagine..!

post-4015-142983679592_thumb.jpg

post-4015-142983679603_thumb.jpg

I didn't quote the pics, but thanks hun! They're gorgeous! Reminds me a bit of Orange actually...

no probs at all. tell me if you want some of the cities, of the beach, skifields, of the middle of the forest.. anything in paticular and i'll see what I can do.

When I was in Waitomo the rain was POURING down!! Seriously, it was INSANE! Lots of floodings. Therefore I'm afraid my pics from there aren't as nice as the ones you posted. Here's one of the river anyway just for show and one inside the Aranui Cave. Unfortunately commoners aren't aloud to photograph inside the Glow Worm Cave but no picture could ever make it justice anyway. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Completely pitch black and then you look up and the ceiling looks like the clearest, most stunning night-sky with glowing "stars" that you could ever imagine..!

What month were you there? during autumn or winter?

Waitomo is beautiful. I've been in the caves a few times coz my cousin is a tour guide and his partner works at the hotel.

did you do the night abseil? in the dark? you abseil in the dark down this huge pitch black natural "pipe" and you're surrounded by millions of glowowrs.. it seriously looks like star wars or something.

But yes, blackwater rafting is by far the best. :naughty:

no probs at all. tell me if you want some of the cities, of the beach, skifields, of the middle of the forest.. anything in paticular and i'll see what I can do.

I'd like to put all sorts of pictures in the book... so city pics are more than welcome! Basically any pictures that show what NZ is like... I want Mika to get a really good idea of what it looks like so he'll go "Wow, I want to go there more than I wanted to before!"

What month were you there? during autumn or winter?

Waitomo is beautiful. I've been in the caves a few times coz my cousin is a tour guide and his partner works at the hotel.

did you do the night abseil? in the dark? you abseil in the dark down this huge pitch black natural "pipe" and you're surrounded by millions of glowowrs.. it seriously looks like star wars or something.

But yes, blackwater rafting is by far the best. :naughty:

July :thumb_yello: So winter. :bleh: But to me, twas like autumn :naughty:

Cool! :biggrin2:

Nope, I didn't do any of that. Only stayed one night. Went into the Glowworm Cave and Aranui Cave and that's it. But twas just as well. Pouring rain, remember? And did I mention thunder? :naughty: Sounds wicked though. Would be cool to do one day. Next time... :wub2:

• 3 weeks later...

hullo my kiwis

mum ( May) move to NZ..if so,,,,Suzanne is going with her.

why not eh?

I will see what happens

all her family are in Auckland and Queenstown and Dunedin

and some town in Australia

will keep you up with details if I get any