GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

He actually has lots of dates for October, all in Europe. We think he was

originally thinking of a US tour in September, but it doesn't look like that's

going to materialize at this point -- he needs a break!

There's a thread with all his tour dates that we know of here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3418

Keep an eye on that for updates!

dcdeb

Thank you. I was checking mikasounds and mikamyspace.

I didn't see any dates.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*big sigh* I'll have to break this up into two part and yes, there will inevitable be a part 8. But i will not edit this time and just keep writing.

After showing him every gift except one(there were 8) he told us he would look at the last one later. he seemed to show small bits of excitement at each gifts but know realized that Lu was getting very impatient with us. He kept saying,'ladies your taking up hi time , he needs to be somewhere at 11". i have to say that i honestly didn't here him except one at the end but Naomi tells me he was saying it. I was in a bit of a daze the whole time he was looking at his gifts. It seemed like whenever Mika looked at me or visa versa there was this cloud around his face and i couldn't see it clearly. I saw everything else clearly though,which was very strange.

We started to edge near the door as Mika was finishing up with the last gift. He followed us to the door and Naomi had realized that we hadn't introduced ourselves to him properly. She started with,"oh I'm Naomi by the way" and i followed with,"I'm Cynthia. He shook both our hands upon saying this and smiled at Naomi. I one the other hand got a very strange and intense look. It wasn't angry or anything but it was intent on making sure we made eye contact. i was smiling when i noticed that it was the first time i saw his face clearly and that he was leaning in towards me. maybe he had noticed that i wasn't making eye contact. He probably though i was cross eyed or something because half the time his face look like he had both eye on one side of his face and his mouth was where his right eye should have been. At finally making out his face clearly and in the next second his facial expression, my smile kinda changed into something more like this :boxed: but with less obviousness because i was still trying to smile. I though to myself, "he did it again, just like in Atlanta".

Short interlude to explain this last statement. In Atlanta, me Naomi and bunch of other people waited until almost 12 midnight to get an autograph with him. Most people went home because they thought for sure Mika wasn't going to do autographs this late at night but I wasn't going home until i had one so i waited with the small crowd.

When he came out he told everyone he had only ten minutes to sign autographs and that he couldn't take pictures with everyone. I was one of the first people in line and gave him a shirt and gave him a Polaroid picture of me with "stay true to yourself" written at the bottom. He noticed that i hadn't asked for a autograph , looked at the picture and said with a huge smile,"thanks you!" which i was surprised about because it wasn't that great of a picture, i just wanted him to know who gave him the shirt and i had that picture in my purse. Later the people started pushing in and getting tickets, shirts and whatever they could signed. I started to feel bad because i had nothing he could sign and i really was starting to want one. So i reached in my purse found my ticket and more or less, stuck my it out in front of him to sign. He paused for a bit took it and smiled and asked me my name. I said,Cynthia" and I'm guessing he couldn't hear me because the next thing i know Mika's face was literally about an inch in a half away from my face. i went blank for a bit but didn't move away. I told myself that" i wasn't going to be intimidated". So i said my name again at which i think he was now startled and even a bit intimidated and started writing it on my ticket. I could go on but i just realized that the look i saw at GMA and the one i just described, were very different. Sorry if i wasted your time but i will finish from where i left off.

Ok, so the look wasn't similar as the Look in Atlanta was more innocent and unfamiliar, where was this look has all its intent and even a hint of a message in it. I don't know if i wrote him something that he was expecting or what. It seemed more like he was trying to tell me that i was forgetting something but i guess we'll never know.

After we were back in the hall way i realized that we didn't ask him for a picture but as i took my camera out to turn it on Lu's was giving me a warning look. At that moment my attention was taken by Cherisse heading out of the room next door to Mika's. It was also another dressing room and martin and Luke we standing around in it. I was about to say something but she was definitely in a hurry and when passing me back down the hall from which we had come, she said," hi again and gave a us a huge smile and a busy look". She disappeared around the corner when Mikey came and stood on the wall in the hallway right next to me watching me fumble with my camera. I looke3d at him and said lets take a picture together , which he seemed please and and i followed his gaze to the dressing room door where Cherisse had just left. Luke was looking directly at me and starting to smile so i walked up to him to invite him and to see if Martin could join us as i was met with Luke's chest. I almost bumped into him and could see the amusement on his face as he is also quite tall. I just stopped myself so not to collide with him and peeked around into the dressing room where Martin was now talking with a lady i couldn't see the face of. Just as i realized Martin wasn't going to join us i noticed that Luke hadn't moved from in front of me and quickly stepped back with," oh sorry expression". He looked happy at first but upon meeting my expression he started to look a bit sad. the i turned around to Mikey who was kinda of giggling at all of this and said,"come on Mikey" gesturing to the camera,"you know you want too?" but just then Lu said, " you guys have gone to far now. they really need to be some where at 11 and your holding them up". I thought to myself, while glaring at him, " you just said Mika had to be somewhere, not the band". Oh well, my blond moment( no offense, its just an expression. fill free to scold me later) had emerged at that moment but i notice, to my surprise that Mika was still standing in the doorway watching us. I wanted to look over but was too embarrassed. Beside within that same moment that man i didn't recognized had took Mika's arm and lead him back inside his dressing room to engage him in conversation again.

Second part of 7

Finally Naomi had said,"lets go" I looked at Mikey who was still standing near me on the wall and he had a spectator look on his face. He gave me a a look as to gesture for the picture but i though t better of it and started to turn to leave. i was throughly embarrassed so i didn't give him a proper goodbye. I heard Lu in the back ground saying something like,"what are you all credentials anyway?". I turned around subconsciously and thrust the badge i was wearing with the GMA/ VIP logo on it upward as to show him i was creditable. As i did that Naomi said to me,"No Cynthia" and gave me that,"give it up look" just as Lu was looking at me with a confused expression. (I'm laughing because that was so subconscious. I was still trying to be professional even at the last minute when everyone had already stopped believe me. Ahh, i'm such an idiot sometimes. :bleh:)

We turned and went back down the hallway leading us to the elevators and started to rehash our experience with Mika talked about all the regrets we had about forgetting the autographs,despite that fact that it seemed like Mika was in no mood to do them and about not taking a picture with and and being rushed by Lu.

Somehow both of us weren't feeling very lucky at this point. We felt like we just burdened Mika and annoyed Lu and made a fool of ourselves. After all the rehashing, we just fell silent as we reach the elevator. Ray and the guys in black shirts were still talking in the hallway when we strode right passed them to the stairwell. Ray yelled after us,"did you give him the gifts?' and i turned back to say," yes, and thank you." He smiled again but saw that we weren't and then closed the door behind us. Once again i told Naomi that"i felt so bad". "I felt like Mika wasn't really happy to see us and the vibe i got from him was very standoff-ish, like he was just pretending to be happy about our gifts and that he didn't even do a good job at that".

We were kinda depressed when we entered the backstage area. We went straight for our things in the security closet which now wide open. I said thank you to the security guard for watching our stuff all morning and and wished him a good rest of the day off. He said" your welcome, same to you". We just gathered our stuff in silence. A few seconds later Naomi looked up to see Mika with an entourage of security leading him from the elevator to the back door. She said to me,"he;'s coming lets wave" So i looked up half heartedly and wave only to be met my another half hearted wave from Mika. Right then i could have died. I though to myself "he hated the gifts,thought we were weird, obviously didn't like us being his fans and i was going to die". that last moment was the icing on the cake. i read on the MFC all the time about how Mika meets people with smiles and how he does adorable things but with us, there was nothing, even when we bring him gifts. i thought about all the messages i wrote him on his myspace and how he never actually read them so i couldn't have made a bad impression prior to meeting him. I even told him in a recent messages that i wanted to meet him today but since he didn't read it, he had no idea, so what was all this i was getting?" yes, i do over analyze things. :biggrin2: Anyways, my face could no longer hold an expression of normal emotion. It dropped and i became more depressed then i had after rehashing giving him the gifts. Naomi was now saying how bad she felt, when we were heading out the door. We had no idea that Mika had been standing by the entrance for a long time probably even watching us as we walked right in front of him to leave. After all the security closet was the only thing in front of him and had a huge glass window where you could see everything. I didn't notice until i was about to go outside in the cold without a jacket or umbrella and stopped at the door to put on my sunglasses(don't ask) i had a strange feeling i was being watched and notice through my peripherals that Mika and a few security guards we cuddled up in a little corner on the wall near the back entrance. When i notice that ll eyes were on us, i played it off, prepared myself and walked right out into the rain, Naomi following closely behind me.

We had just passed huge crowds of people waiting for Mika to come outside. i thought about how they might get autographs and chats as most people experiences have been in the passed but i didn't care, i wanted to be as far away form GMA and at the moment Mika, as i could. We tried to flag down a taxi about five blocks away from GMA, which actually took us 10 mins to secure. From then on we were headed friend's house. We tired to put the whole experience in the back of our minds. We had just felt all the effect of being up all night and all morning.

Sleep was now sweeping over us like a tidal wave. We tried very hard not to dose off as the taxi driver didn't seem to understand exactly where we were headed. We ended up being dropped off near a subway and having to take the train to your destination. being back in New York subway system brought back a lot of horrible memories form my high school days where i had spend two years in a New York public school. All of this was adding up to a volcanic like explosion of emotions. The only thin gi was unsure of was when and where it would happen.

*big sigh* I'll have to break this up into two part and yes, there will inevitable be a part 8. But i will not edit this time and just keep writing.

After showing him every gift except one(there were 8) he told us he would look at the last one later. he seemed to show small bits of excitement at each gifts but know realized that Lu was getting very impatient with us. He kept saying,'ladies your taking up hi time , he needs to be somewhere at 11". i have to say that i honestly didn't here him except one at the end but Naomi tells me he was saying it. I was in a bit of a daze the whole time he was looking at his gifts. It seemed like whenever Mika looked at me or visa versa there was this cloud around his face and i couldn't see it clearly. I saw everything else clearly though,which was very strange.

We started to edge near the door as Mika was finishing up with the last gift. He followed us to the door and Naomi had realized that we hadn't introduced ourselves to him properly. She started with,"oh I'm Naomi by the way" and i followed with,"I'm Cynthia. He shook both our hands upon saying this and smiled at Naomi. I one the other hand got a very strange and intense look. It wasn't angry or anything but it was intent on making sure we made eye contact. i was smiling when i noticed that it was the first time i saw his face clearly and that he was leaning in towards me. maybe he had noticed that i wasn't making eye contact. He probably though i was cross eyed or something because half the time his face look like he had both eye on one side of his face and his mouth was where his right eye should have been. At finally making out his face clearly and in the next second his facial expression, my smile kinda changed into something more like this :boxed: but with less obviousness because i was still trying to smile. I though to myself, "he did it again, just like in Atlanta".

Short interlude to explain this last statement. In Atlanta, me Naomi and bunch of other people waited until almost 12 midnight to get an autograph with him. Most people went home because they thought for sure Mika wasn't going to do autographs this late at night but I wasn't going home until i had one so i waited with the small crowd.

When he came out he told everyone he had only ten minutes to sign autographs and that he couldn't take pictures with everyone. I was one of the first people in line and gave him a shirt and gave him a Polaroid picture of me with "stay true to yourself" written at the bottom. He noticed that i hadn't asked for a autograph , looked at the picture and said with a huge smile,"thanks you!" which i was surprised about because it wasn't that great of a picture, i just wanted him to know who gave him the shirt and i had that picture in my purse. Later the people started pushing in and getting tickets, shirts and whatever they could signed. I started to feel bad because i had nothing he could sign and i really was starting to want one. So i reached in my purse found my ticket and more or less, stuck my it out in front of him to sign. He paused for a bit took it and smiled and asked me my name. I said,Cynthia" and I'm guessing he couldn't hear me because the next thing i know Mika's face was literally about an inch in a half away from my face. i went blank for a bit but didn't move away. I told myself that" i wasn't going to be intimidated". So i said my name again at which i think he was now startled and even a bit intimidated and started writing it on my ticket. I could go on but i just realized that the look i saw at GMA and the one i just described, were very different. Sorry if i wasted your time but i will finish from where i left off.

Ok, so the look wasn't similar as the Look in Atlanta was more innocent and unfamiliar, where was this look has all its intent and even a hint of a message in it. I don't know if i wrote him something that he was expecting or what. It seemed more like he was trying to tell me that i was forgetting something but i guess we'll never know.

After we were back in the hall way i realized that we didn't ask him for a picture but as i took my camera out to turn it on Lu's was giving me a warning look. At that moment my attention was taken by Cherisse heading out of the room next door to Mika's. It was also another dressing room and martin and Luke we standing around in it. I was about to say something but she was definitely in a hurry and when passing me back down the hall from which we had come, she said," hi again and gave a us a huge smile and a busy look". She disappeared around the corner when Mikey came and stood on the wall in the hallway right next to me watching me fumble with my camera. I looke3d at him and said lets take a picture together , which he seemed please and and i followed his gaze to the dressing room door where Cherisse had just left. Luke was looking directly at me and starting to smile so i walked up to him to invite him and to see if Martin could join us as i was met with Luke's chest. I almost bumped into him and could see the amusement on his face as he is also quite tall. I just stopped myself so not to collide with him and peeked around into the dressing room where Martin was now talking with a lady i couldn't see the face of. Just as i realized Martin wasn't going to join us i noticed that Luke hadn't moved from in front of me and quickly stepped back with," oh sorry expression". He looked happy at first but upon meeting my expression he started to look a bit sad. the i turned around to Mikey who was kinda of giggling at all of this and said,"come on Mikey" gesturing to the camera,"you know you want too?" but just then Lu said, " you guys have gone to far now. they really need to be some where at 11 and your holding them up". I thought to myself, while glaring at him, " you just said Mika had to be somewhere, not the band". Oh well, my blond moment( no offense, its just an expression. fill free to scold me later) had emerged at that moment but i notice, to my surprise that Mika was still standing in the doorway watching us. I wanted to look over but was too embarrassed. Beside within that same moment that man i didn't recognized had took Mika's arm and lead him back inside his dressing room to engage him in conversation again.

Whoa.

What's with the looks?:blink:

I love you reports Cynthia and i read every word of them.

I'll be back for more tommorow.

Thanks for taking the time to write these.:thumb_yello:

EDIT: I won't have to wait 'til tomorrow.

You are awesome!!!

Your fingers must be hurting

Man that man Lu sure wasn't friendly

Oh no! Cynthia the reports are getting sad!

:(

I hope they get happier! I really wanted your experiance to be happy not depressing!!!! Cause I know I was thinking the whole time when we were there of how happy you must have been! I kept saying to myself I may not get that experiance that we hear about on here but at least Cynthia is!! Should I keep up hope that it gets happier?

nope. we saw the whole box full. but i never got one.

Yeah dude...they gave them to the people outside waiting in the rain during the show...read more man!

(it's okay I can talk to her like that...she's my cousin)

aw, don't get your hopes up. :(

Cynthia and I have both been analyzing everything and to be honest, compared with everyone else's experience, ours did feel a bit... different, and not a good different.

but i'm hoping that we're just overanalyzing, because no one wants to feel bad about meeting one of their favorite singers! haha :) for the purpose of keeping a positive outlook, we are probably wrong.

YOU GUYS ARE BOTH KILLING ME!

You know, i kind of felt unfulfilled also after meeting him, but I just think that it's the sadness of having to say goodbye,and having that moment end..if that makes sense..

I think about it too much,too. haha:bleh:

You know, i kind of felt unfulfilled also after meeting him, but I just think that it's the sadness of having to say goodbye,and having that moment end..if that makes sense..

yeah, i like your outlook. maybe it was the goodbye thing. :) everything is based on assumptions, and for me, that's not something very strong to base my thoughts on haha.

aw, don't get your hopes up. :(

Cynthia and I have both been analyzing everything and to be honest, compared with everyone else's experience, ours did feel a bit... different, and not a good different.

but i'm hoping that we're just overanalyzing, because no one wants to feel bad about meeting one of their favorite singers! haha :) for the purpose of keeping a positive outlook, we are probably wrong.

Haha aw!!!! I'm sorry!!! Oh and I was so happy for you when she got you the pass to go in with her!

I hope you guys over analyzed it...I think maybe cause of everyones stories you guys expected a lot more...I don't know...

I'm sorry!!! I don't know...maybe he was just tired...or maybe he was trying to figure out if you guys were really just fans...I dont know

I felt like that the first time I met him...I expected so much more...i don't know why but it was one of the short chats...I dont know...but my last 2 times were great!!! I guess it helps that both times he remembered us and kept asking if we were okay from the driving and stuff

yeah, i like your outlook. maybe it was the goodbye thing. :) everything is based on assumptions, and for me, that's not something very strong to base my thoughts on haha.

Haha, yea, it could be that.

Or like you said before, you kind of compared them on other people's experiences and were expecting something different.

That is in a way my case, in another way, disappointment that I didn't get a picture or an autograph. I really wanted a picture, but...oh well. There's nothing I could've done about it. lol Next time, maybe. :) (hopefully there IS a next time, can't get my hopes up)

I felt like that the first time I met him...I expected so much more...i don't know why but it was one of the short chats...I dont know...but my last 2 times were great!!! I guess it helps that both times he remembered us and kept asking if we were okay from the driving and stuff

Aww!

Maybe it's always that the first time feels strange,and unnoticed, but once you meet him again, you realize that he DOES notice you, and he has remembered you.

Man...I was digging the five o' clock shadow on him. haha

Guys guess what?!!!!

1000th post!!!!!!!

Thought I'd post it here because this was my best time with Mika!

:)

Woot woot! :cheers:

Haha, yea, it could be that.

Or like you said before, you kind of compared them on other people's experiences and were expecting something different.

That is in a way my case, in another way, disappointment that I didn't get a picture or an autograph. I really wanted a picture, but...oh well. There's nothing I could've done about it. lol Next time, maybe. :) (hopefully there IS a next time, can't get my hopes up)

hahah you know, now that i think about it, Mika is a famous guy. I mean even meeting him once is a major accomplishment. I imagined something WAY exciting, but we were rushed, being scared by security guys, and nervous. All of that together and with Mika looking tired is bound to lower the experience a bit. So I'm glad we at least got to give him our gifts. :) Next time will be better :punk: