GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

Yea,exactly!

I honestly wasn't expecting to meet him.I bought my gift as a JUST IN CASE thing. Thankfully I did! I even bought it at the last minute!

And I agree! Because come next time he tours, we don't know HOW big he will be. Which is a little scary, because that would make it harder to meet him.

I sound selfish. :(:sorry:

That right there Jess, sums up everything that I am feeling, and how terrified I am. I STILL have not seen him live *moreless got the chance to actually meet him* And the more time that goes by, and the MORE famous he becomes the less and less my chances of E-V-E-R having the opportunity are becoming! I am SO SAD. I know that MIKA loves and appreciates his fans dearly- but, still I must face REALITY and reality is grim!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awww It's over now Cynthia :thumb_yello: He'll get over it, trust me. I could have never have done what you did lol... you're so brave! Honestly, wow :) My sister was like, "Hey there's his sister over there... wanna go say hi?" I looked at her like ":no: " lol because I don't know it felt really full on... I tried putting myself in her position. Still, she seemed so sweet.

don't worry cynthia. i belive that hewas really tired, cause he was awake from what? 5 in morning and maybe disapointed cause the rain. remember that lions are very angry when things don't turn out how they planend to be. he imagine the things different and because the rain all were down. so, maybe he was dissapointed too. don't worry at all . you were great, determined with a lot of good behavior, polite everything you want. mika has no reason to be mad of you. perhaps he was intimidated by someone just as powerfull just like him. you are a sweet honey.

Wow Cynthia! What an ending! Don't worry honey, you did fine. It was a long, tiring day for everyone, especially Mika. Meeting someone when they're exhausted and stressed out isn't the best time to strike up a friendship anyway. :wink2: I admire your persistence, as well as your thoughtfulness. Congrats on getting a few of the shirts signed, and I hope you'll take away happy memories from this experience.

Here we go, the quality is bad... because one true media kinda messed with it lol... but as you all remember, mika held up signs like an angel :) I have alot more vids to post... so perhaps later on

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=366baaf895faf376532f34&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Thanks for the video:) But was it allowed to film there??

I will always love Mika and his music, just that our meeting/ friendship was never meant to be.

Cynthia,I honestly don't think that's the case at all!

Mika's obviously been sick a lot lately, and even meeting him you can tell he wasn't his usual healthy self.

Also, it was a very long day, and I'm sure Mika was bombarded by a bunch of fans all day. Did you see him in the GMA studio after his performance? It was chaos! Everyone surrounded the poor guy.

By the end of the day, I don't think he held anything personal against you. And if he reads this, I think he'd feel very badly and sad that you're feeling this way. He cares a lot about his fans, and the last thing he would want is to have one of his fans feel as if Mika didn't like them.

From the sounds of it, you had an excellent experience! So many fans would love to talk to his family the way you did.(Although I'm glad not everyone has..just for privacy reasons. :) ) And even the band! It sounds like you made friends with them! And they really seemed to take a liking to you.

Cheer up. You can't expect to have THE experience if you compare it to everyone else's. Then it will never feel as great and precious as the moment was!

Here we go, the quality is bad... because one true media kinda messed with it lol... but as you all remember, mika held up signs like an angel :) I have alot more vids to post... so perhaps later on

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=366baaf895faf376532f34&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

I stood pretty close to you in the studio.

I recognise this one guys head with the glasses and spiky hair. haaha

Second and last half of the story. Thank God!!!

[/b]

Wow, Cynthia!

First of all - thank you for taking time and typing a detailed report (still have to read more thoroughly). And what a great experience for you! Clearly something to remember-even though you didnt speak to him that much - BUT : you've been backstage, participated in all the activities and did something for your friends!

That right there Jess, sums up everything that I am feeling, and how terrified I am. I STILL have not seen him live *moreless got the chance to actually meet him* And the more time that goes by, and the MORE famous he becomes the less and less my chances of E-V-E-R having the opportunity are becoming! I am SO SAD. I know that MIKA loves and appreciates his fans dearly- but, still I must face REALITY and reality is grim!

Honestly Holly, now that I've thought about it some more, I don't think this will be a rapid change.

When and IF that ever happens where he doesn't have time to meet fans, I think it would be a few years down the line..maybe one or two. So I still think you have a chance!

Honestly Holly, now that I've thought about it some more, I don't think this will be a rapid change.

When and IF that ever happens where he doesn't have time to meet fans, I think it would be a few years down the line..maybe one or two. So I still think you have a chance!

Thank you for the kind encouragement, Jess. At least that put a smile on my face! I am still skeptical though. It is JUST a matter of time before MIKA blows up.... and for me, every month that passes by- the more hopeless I begin to feel. Then I read all these experiences, with in which people are left unsatisfied and with an empty incomplete feeling, and I wonder to myself.... perhaps I do not want to meet him then, cause I do not want that feeling... I would rather have a longingly ache than to feel dissatisfied with what one would hope to be the MOMENT of a lifetime. I dunno. Either way- I am just SAD beyond belief cause I have not seen him live yet. Maybe that is all I need.

Cynthia,

I have just finished reading the last bit, and all I can say is that it is really incredible that you are in high spirit even after all that had happened. It is a hell of an experience... and if that were to happen to me I wouldn't be in the mood to write it out at all. So, I thank you for sharing it with us. For Mika's sake i'm glad that you're not judging him through this experience. I hope you will still go to England in November for the gigs... would love to meet you then.:biggrin2:

I really hope so too:) Also his mum's words about this console me:)

Thank you for the kind encouragement, Jess. At least that put a smile on my face! I am still skeptical though. It is JUST a matter of time before MIKA blows up.... and for me, every month that passes by- the more hopeless I begin to feel. Then I read all these experiences, with in which people are left unsatisfied and with an empty incomplete feeling, and I wonder to myself.... perhaps I do not want to meet him then, cause I do not want that feeling... I would rather have a longingly ache than to feel dissatisfied with what one would hope to be the MOMENT of a lifetime. I dunno. Either way- I am just SAD beyond belief cause I have not seen him live yet. Maybe that is all I need.

Yes, but I don't think that Mika will forget about his fans once he blows up.

I think some of us just feel incomplete about our experiences because we compare them to other people's and don't cherish the moment.

I did that at first,then realized my experience was just as good as anyone's. I met my hero,and that's all that matters.

I'm sure you'll see him soon enough Holly!

Maybe try to come to NY again, and we can meet up!:D

I really hope so too:) Also his mum's words about this console me:)

That's what got me to thinking! His family and he himself all seem really down to earth and like caring people. They wouldn't just forget about the fans.

:)

oh this sounds like it was rather disappointing!!

how do you yourself feel about it right now? rather sad or happy to have met him?

Oh now, i've been fine for awhile now. It was just a bit hard reliving it all over again but only certain parts. I got to meet his band members which we did hit it off well adn his family members were so sweet, so i still have hope for all of them. i mean, they are people. i love meeting people i can be comfortable with, so this i will never forget. 20 versus 1, you can't complain with those odds.

Hey, listen to this. i'm going to the UK for hopefully two more concerts and i'm going to have a blast, so no worries!!!

Yes, but I don't think that Mika will forget about his fans once he blows up.

I think some of us just feel incomplete about our experiences because we compare them to other people's and don't cherish the moment.

I did that at first,then realized my experience was just as good as anyone's. I met my hero,and that's all that matters.

I'm sure you'll see him soon enough Holly!

Maybe try to come to NY again, and we can meet up!:D

Only time will tell. OMG- if/when MIKA comes back to NY *or anywhere in the US for that matter* I am NOT gonna let it pass me by E-V-E-R again!!!!! OH I WOULD LOVE to meet you!!!!! We REALLY should have some kind of organized MIKA FAN CLUB get together.... Like a Queen Convention only it would be a MIKA Convention.... all the fans, ALL MIKA! How fabulous would that be!!!???

Only time will tell. OMG- if/when MIKA comes back to NY *or anywhere in the US for that matter* I am NOT gonna let it pass me by E-V-E-R again!!!!! OH I WOULD LOVE to meet you!!!!! We REALLY should have some kind of organized MIKA FAN CLUB get together.... Like a Queen Convention only it would be a MIKA Convention.... all the fans, ALL MIKA! How fabulous would that be!!!???

That would be so much fun!!!

Yes, if/when he comes back to NY, we can totally arrange to meet up and meet up with other fans, also! :biggrin2:

That would be SO MUCH fun.

All of us would cause so much Mika madness together!:roftl:

Cynthia,I honestly don't think that's the case at all!

Mika's obviously been sick a lot lately, and even meeting him you can tell he wasn't his usual healthy self.

Also, it was a very long day, and I'm sure Mika was bombarded by a bunch of fans all day. Did you see him in the GMA studio after his performance? It was chaos! Everyone surrounded the poor guy.

By the end of the day, I don't think he held anything personal against you. And if he reads this, I think he'd feel very badly and sad that you're feeling this way. He cares a lot about his fans, and the last thing he would want is to have one of his fans feel as if Mika didn't like them.

From the sounds of it, you had an excellent experience! So many fans would love to talk to his family the way you did.(Although I'm glad not everyone has..just for privacy reasons. :) ) And even the band! It sounds like you made friends with them! And they really seemed to take a liking to you.

Cheer up. You can't expect to have THE experience if you compare it to everyone else's. Then it will never feel as great and precious as the moment was!

Thank you! Yeah, i feel that way now, just not then. I'm still a huge Mika fan. His music has changed my life and i've been waiting for a change like this for sometimes, so i'm fine.

Thank you! Yeah, i feel that way now, just not then. I'm still a huge Mika fan. His music has changed my life and i've been waiting for a change like this for sometimes, so i'm fine.

Good!

It always feels different in the heat of the moment.

First, there's the high of meeting him, then the low because it wasn't what you expected,then the HIGH BECAUSE YOU MET HIM!:naughty:

That would be so much fun!!!

Yes, if/when he comes back to NY, we can totally arrange to meet up and meet up with other fans, also! :biggrin2:

That would be SO MUCH fun.

All of us would cause so much Mika madness together!:roftl:

I can SEE it now!!!!! When I am 80 I will be telling my great-grandchildren ALL of our Mika stories when they ask me who is Mika? And grandma-ma WHY do you have his name tattooed on your arm?

How funny will that be....then we get up and do the little LOVE LOVE ME dance!!!! :)

I have been so depressed ever since last Thursday *cause I should have been on a plane New York bound* and I have not come out of it YET! I need a BIG FAT MIKA LOVE Group Hug!!!!!!!

I can SEE it now!!!!! When I am 80 I will be telling my great-grandchildren ALL of our Mika stories when they ask me who is Mika? And grandma-ma WHY do you have his name tattooed on your arm?

How funny will that be....then we get up and do the little LOVE LOVE ME dance!!!! :)

I have been so depressed ever since last Thursday *cause I should have been on a plane New York bound* and I have not come out of it YET! I need a BIG FAT MIKA LOVE Group Hug!!!!!!!

HUG!!!! We all need one sweetheart. i love the bit a bout having a tattoo as a granny. lol!

:roftl:

And then they'll follow in their rad grandmother's footsteps and become obsessed with Mika and get hisname tattooed on their arms. :roftl:

Awww, :huglove: WE LOVE YOU, AND SO DOES MIKA. CHEER UP.

HUG!!!! We all need one sweetheart. i love the bit a bout having a tattoo as a granny. lol!

Thanks for the HUG Cynthia!!!!! I feel a bit better!

And thanks for the Novel that I just could not put down...AMAZING!

Just think darling.... you were having an experience that you will N-E-V-E-R forget, and I had to leave work early because I COULD NOT smile! I would have given my right arm...*no left arm, I need the right one* to trade places with you.....if only for a moment!

Thanks for the HUG Cynthia!!!!! I feel a bit better!

And thanks for the Novel that I just could not put down...AMAZING!

Just think darling.... you were having an experience that you will N-E-V-E-R forget, and I had to leave work early because I COULD NOT smile! I would have given my right arm...*no left arm, I need the right one* to trade places with you.....if only for a moment!

That the whole MFC could not put down.

:roftl:

Cynthia, some people wereup all night waiting for the last parts!:naughty:

Second part of 7

Finally Naomi had said,"lets go" I looked at Mikey who was still standing near me on the wall and he had a spectator look on his face. He gave me a a look as to gesture for the picture but i though t better of it and started to turn to leave. i was throughly embarrassed so i didn't give him a proper goodbye. I heard Lu in the back ground saying something like,"what are you all credentials anyway?". I turned around subconsciously and thrust the badge i was wearing with the GMA/ VIP logo on it upward as to show him i was creditable. As i did that Naomi said to me,"No Cynthia" and gave me that,"give it up look" just as Lu was looking at me with a confused expression. (I'm laughing because that was so subconscious. I was still trying to be professional even at the last minute when everyone had already stopped believe me. Ahh, i'm such an idiot sometimes. :bleh:)

We turned and went back down the hallway leading us to the elevators and started to rehash our experience with Mika talked about all the regrets we had about forgetting the autographs,despite that fact that it seemed like Mika was in no mood to do them and about not taking a picture with and and being rushed by Lu.

Somehow both of us weren't feeling very lucky at this point. We felt like we just burdened Mika and annoyed Lu and made a fool of ourselves. After all the rehashing, we just fell silent as we reach the elevator. Ray and the guys in black shirts were still talking in the hallway when we strode right passed them to the stairwell. Ray yelled after us,"did you give him the gifts?' and i turned back to say," yes, and thank you." He smiled again but saw that we weren't and then closed the door behind us. Once again i told Naomi that"i felt so bad". "I felt like Mika wasn't really happy to see us and the vibe i got from him was very standoff-ish, like he was just pretending to be happy about our gifts and that he didn't even do a good job at that".

We were kinda depressed when we entered the backstage area. We went straight for our things in the security closet which now wide open. I said thank you to the security guard for watching our stuff all morning and and wished him a good rest of the day off. He said" your welcome, same to you". We just gathered our stuff in silence. A few seconds later Naomi looked up to see Mika with an entourage of security leading him from the elevator to the back door. She said to me,"he;'s coming lets wave" So i looked up half heartedly and wave only to be met my another half hearted wave from Mika. Right then i could have died. I though to myself "he hated the gifts,thought we were weird, obviously didn't like us being his fans and i was going to die". that last moment was the icing on the cake. i read on the MFC all the time about how Mika meets people with smiles and how he does adorable things but with us, there was nothing, even when we bring him gifts. i thought about all the messages i wrote him on his myspace and how he never actually read them so i couldn't have made a bad impression prior to meeting him. I even told him in a recent messages that i wanted to meet him today but since he didn't read it, he had no idea, so what was all this i was getting?" yes, i do over analyze things. :biggrin2: Anyways, my face could no longer hold an expression of normal emotion. It dropped and i became more depressed then i had after rehashing giving him the gifts. Naomi was now saying how bad she felt, when we were heading out the door. We had no idea that Mika had been standing by the entrance for a long time probably even watching us as we walked right in front of him to leave. After all the security closet was the only thing in front of him and had a huge glass window where you could see everything. I didn't notice until i was about to go outside in the cold without a jacket or umbrella and stopped at the door to put on my sunglasses(don't ask) i had a strange feeling i was being watched and notice through my peripherals that Mika and a few security guards we cuddled up in a little corner on the wall near the back entrance. When i notice that ll eyes were on us, i played it off, prepared myself and walked right out into the rain, Naomi following closely behind me.

We had just passed huge crowds of people waiting for Mika to come outside. i thought about how they might get autographs and chats as most people experiences have been in the passed but i didn't care, i wanted to be as far away form GMA and at the moment Mika, as i could. We tried to flag down a taxi about five blocks away from GMA, which actually took us 10 mins to secure. From then on we were headed friend's house. We tired to put the whole experience in the back of our minds. We had just felt all the effect of being up all night and all morning.

Sleep was now sweeping over us like a tidal wave. We tried very hard not to dose off as the taxi driver didn't seem to understand exactly where we were headed. We ended up being dropped off near a subway and having to take the train to your destination. being back in New York subway system brought back a lot of horrible memories form my high school days where i had spend two years in a New York public school. All of this was adding up to a volcanic like explosion of emotions. The only thin gi was unsure of was when and where it would happen.

I am so sorry to read about MIka's reaction. Probably he was not feeling well. He seem very tired. One thing I would like to metnion. My co-worker reads the forums and he has been following your story. my co-worker might be wrong, at this moment I really don't know what to think. Let me tell you what he said. He first mentioned that MIKA probably thinks that you guys are going to sell whatever he signed for you and he might like the idea. Or he just doesn't like fans who are nice white. I don't agree with him because I am not white and mika smiled at me and wink me eventhough I didn't talk to him at all. Let's just hope your story gets better