• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That the whole MFC could not put down.

:roftl:

Cynthia, some people wereup all night waiting for the last parts!:naughty:

I know!!!! It was like a fairytale that us Mika-Maniacs dream of every night. And the realization that this was REALITY for a Fan Club Member made us all extremely JEALOUS *at one point* and then blissfully happy that you got to experience this. At least we can all dream through your words.... THANKS! We could never say it enough.

I am so sorry to read about MIka's reaction. Probably he was not feeling well. He seem very tired. One thing I would like to metnion. My co-worker reads the forums and he has been following your story. my co-worker might be wrong, at this moment I really don't know what to think. Let me tell you what he said. He first mentioned that MIKA probably thinks that you guys are going to sell whatever he signed for you and he might like the idea. Or he just doesn't like fans who are nice white. I don't agree with him because I am not white and mika smiled at me and wink me eventhough I didn't talk to him at all. Let's just hope your story gets better

I dont know about that one, There were several other "black" people in atlanta and quite a bit more in NY who had different experiences. Plus his Manager, Nadia is black as well and of course Cherisse, but you never know. If thats true, then its just him and not his family/friend because i didnt get any feeling of hostily from them.

You know, i gave him a poster Naomi's little sister made of me and told him it was kinda weird. Naomi said he read it and seemed to like it alot. I have to say, i remember that as well. He just spread it out on the wall and looked at it for a long time after reading it. Naomi can correct me if i'm wrong.

Here's the poster Naomi's sister made.

mikasandwich.jpg

If that's the case though, he'd have to suffer with this for awhile and he did say he had the picture and shirt i gave him from the atlanta gig. But, i guess we'll never know.

After reading Cynthia's experience. I am now scared of MIKA:sad: I kind of met him. He was surround by a lot of people when I got so closed to him and atually begged him to sign my cd. While he was signing it the only thing I saif to him was "I love you as much as your music" he looked up and smile and wink me. I felt like wow. He seem scared thou. I was looking for meeting him again but this time actually say something that makes more sense. But I don't know if he is going to be friendly. I hopes were at 100% now it went down to 45%.:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I am so sorry to read about MIka's reaction. Probably he was not feeling well. He seem very tired. One thing I would like to metnion. My co-worker reads the forums and he has been following your story. my co-worker might be wrong, at this moment I really don't know what to think. Let me tell you what he said. He first mentioned that MIKA probably thinks that you guys are going to sell whatever he signed for you and he might like the idea. Or he just doesn't like fans who are nice white. I don't agree with him because I am not white and mika smiled at me and wink me eventhough I didn't talk to him at all. Let's just hope your story gets better

I doubt he is.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

nonononononononononon!!!!

please tell me he's not racist. :sad:

While i was reading Cynthia's report, the thought popped into my mind and i refused to acknowledge it.

He can't be. :no:

I'd rather beleive he was tired and afraid Cynthia would put the shirts on

ebay or smth.

Can someone please tell me im being ridiculous? please? :tears:

It's not my opinion soon-to-be-mrs penniman. My co-worker read cynthia's experience and he is a guy and when he read that was the first thing that came out of his mouth. I really don't think and hope he is not. But I am not sure. I am very confused right now.

It's not my opinion soon-to-be-mrs penniman. My co-worker read cynthia's experience and he is a guy and when he read that was the first thing that came out of his mouth. I really don't think and hope he is not. But I am not sure. I am very confused right now.

alright. i don't know what else to say. I refuse to beleive he is. he's too kind and smart.

I've always pictured racist ppl as ignorant.

perhaps that's ignorant of me?:blink:

i don't know. i'm confusing myself. thanks for responding

EDIT: I'm not gonna think about it anymore. im going to erase my previous post now...

alright. i don't know what else to say. I refuse to beleive he is. he's too kind and smart.

I've always pictured racist ppl as ignorant.

perhaps that's ignorant of me?:blink:

i don't know. i'm confusing myself. thanks for responding

EDIT: I'm not gonna think about it anymore. im going to erase my previous post now...

me too. MIka is the only artist that I have been so closed and show so much care for his fans. He was making sure all the fans were listening to him. I love MIKA and always will. We all have bad days and cranky days. we are so used to see him smiling at everyone and being so kind. I want that picture of mika in my memory forever.

wow!

well cynthia, firstly atleast u met his family and band members and u had a great time with them! i for one would love to, but i don't have the guts to approach them, cause i'm not sure if they'll appreciate it...plus they never came here to perform so...

about mika..hmm prob he's just really tired and sick, and u know how ppl tend to be miserable and all that. i hope he's not a racist...i don't see him as that type though.

i'm really confused though, i mean he could have at least said nice to meet u or something.

*sigh* i don't know.

i think it was just wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing.

I definetly do not think that is the case!!!! I'm not white and we was extremely nice to me, my sisters, my cousins, and my mom! His drummer isn't white and they obviously love each other! He's half American so his dad is white so he can't be racist towards that! His bass player is Asian he obviously isn't racist against him! Come on guys...

I hope the tone of this post isn't angry cause it's not meant to be...:)

I definetly do not think that is the case!!!! I'm not white and we was extremely nice to me, my sisters, my cousins, and my mom! His drummer isn't white and they obviously love each other! He's half American so his dad is white so he can't be racist towards that! His bass player is Asian he obviously isn't racist against him! Come on guys...

I agree with everything you've said. the thought just popped into my mind while reading Cynthia's report and now i can't get it out. I understand and agree with what you've said and the tone of the post isn't angry. I over-analyze things. I'm not saying he is, i just can't control the irrational thoughts tthat go through my mind. I don't think i'm making any sense. I'll stop talking now.

I agree with everything you've said. the thought just popped into my mind while reading Cynthia's report and now i can't get it out. I understand and agree with what you've said and the tone of the post isn't angry. I over-analyze things. I'm not saying he is, i just can't control the irrational thoughts tthat go through my mind. I don't think i'm making any sense. I'll stop talking now.

that's exactly how i feel!

right this is the last i'm talking of this, cause i don't think he is :biggrin2:

Oy! Come on people, you can't take Mika being a racist away from this story.

Cynthia I understand how disappointing this experience must have been. I feel your pain and can completely imagine your discomfort in the various situations you described. I know I would feel very much the same way and have never had any real desire to meet Mika because I would feel too awkward in a fan situation.

He is constantly being distracted so it's extremely difficult to have a meaningful conservation with him and I have a real problem with expecting him to "perform" when he's offstage. I know there's a time and a place for him to interact with fans and he probably sees it as part of his job and often enjoys the feedback he gets, but it still makes me uncomfortable personally.

Judging by some of the earlier parts of your story when you were at GMA it sounds like maybe you're as self-conscious about all of this as I am and were projecting too much onto Mika looking in your direction without smiling or whatever. I notice a lot of fans do this in the opposite direction, imagining he was being so attentive and affectionate, etc. and when you see the videos it's really not how they described at all.

The part after the show sounds really sucky but I guess he was just done with fans since he was dealing with them all day long and was probably starting to come down from the high of all the activity. He must have already been "on" for 12 hours at that point and probably just wanted to relax with family and friends.

I don't know Mika at all obviously, but I can't imagine anyone in his situation having a problem with you so you can't take it personally or worry that he's going to be intentionally cold the next time you come in contact with him. It sounds like you developed a great rapport with everyone around him and maybe in another time and place you will get a better response.

Thanks so much for sharing your story in such great detail. The highs, the lows...what a great saga!

I didn't mean to make anyone upset. I believe myself that MIKA is not racist. I am definetely not white he was nice to me as well. My friend sometimes reads the forum and he was following cynthia's story. What I wrote earlier was mine co-wroker opinion, not mine. However, I was intimidated by MIKA, I froze but not because he wasn't nice just because I couldn't take someone looking at me straight into my eyes!!!

Yeah, i don't think he's a racist, i don't even think like that, so i'm not worried about that. Plus i'm looking at someof the people who got pictures with hiim and he isn't smiling or looking particualrly happy in those pictures either and they aren't black, so...... yeah.

Haha!!! It's amazing how much you can get out of a story...

It's cool guys! Everyone has thoughts and has the right to post them withough getting their head bitten off. Sorry if my post seemed like I was going to bite someone's head off...that why put in there how it wasn't meant to be an angry post! No one should feel guilty or anything. It's all fine!!! With that said I think that'll be the last I say on this particular subject