Mika worried

so_rococo

People News

Mika's festival fear

May 29, 2007, 13:00 GMT

Mika is terrified about playing at this summer's music festivals.

The 'Grace Kelly' singer is booked to perform at Glastonbury, T in the Park, The Big Chill and V Festival this year and is scared the rock-loving audience will reject him and turn violent.

Mika said: "I'm not exactly indie rock, am I? Do you think I'll get bottled off?"

The 23-year-old singer also revealed he pestered Simon Cowell every day for four months to get a record deal before he got his big break with Universal records.

He said: "Simon Cowell didn't like my songwriting but said my voice was unique.

"He said he'd call me. When he didn't, I called him every day for four months. He never took my call."

© BANG Media International:bleh:

P.S.

Notice the amount of quotes taken out of context :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... We fans must go to the front row to every festival and dance and sing like never before with Mika so that some drunk indie rock people won't bother him! :wink2:

Hmm... We fans must go to the front row to every festival and dance and sing like never before with Mika so that some drunk indie rock people won't bother him! :wink2:

I´ll be there to protect him with my powerful fanatism!!! :blush-anim-cl::wink2:

Eww! I hate it when journalists make news out of nothing. There is no substance in that little story-- nothing we haven't heard before. I mean, the more Mika press the better, but, seriously, is it really necessary to make it sound like Mika is going to crap himself out of fear of festival attendees? What ever happened to journalistic integrity!?!?!? :sneaky2::thumbdown:

Sorry. I ranted. Forgive me?? :blush-anim-cl:

florence is' love wave festival'...hope the name means something!

as i said in another thread, :cool: I'll be MFC agent in Florence:cool:

and with me a bunch of loyal and faithful angels/agents to protect him in the front row!!!

Mika needn't worry about the non-fans at festivals because all us MFC members are going to be at the front every time aren't we?

There's no way we're going to let a load of people who don't even like him, let alone love him hog all the best places!

I for one, am going to a festivel (The Big Chill) purely to see Mika, so I'll be there right at the front for hours before he comes on.

The good thing about a festival is that you don't have to listen to anything you don't like, you just wander off and find something else.

I wish that I could give him a hug and tell him not to worry!:naughty:

florence is' love wave festival'...hope the name means something!

as i said in another thread, :cool: I'll be MFC agent in Florence:cool:

and with me a bunch of loyal and faithful angels/agents to protect him in the front row!!!

I agree...and you'll not be the only MFC agent in Florence :biggrin2:

I've posted that in the other 'fear-of-being-glassed' thread but...well...here again...

I hope iceman will be around to protect Mika with his superpowers. Endowed with supernatural mental abilities he'll localize in advance from where exactly in the crowd the items are intended to be thrown and then within a split second he'll build up a Mika-protecting ice wall in that direction. No, Mika, as long as iceman and your MFC following (gay of course LOL :bleh: ) are around you don't have to fear anything! :thumb_yello:

Wow. Bull**** journalism at its best.

Next we'll get a quote of Mika saying "Sorry I was late for the interview, I overslept a bit today, we got in really late from a show last night," and we'll get something like the following article:

MIKA SUFFERS FROM NARCOLEPSY

Turns out the Lebanese popster, who struggled with dyslexia and bullying as a kid, has another challenge to face. Touring has left the singer overtired and prone to bouts of narcolepsy, which have even begun to interfere with his schedule. Mika looked haggard and strung out as he greeted the press, an hour late to the interview, and seemed at the point of passing out several times in the ensuing half hour. Making his excuses, he said "Sorry I overslept really late from a show"--we hope he can make his gig tonight without incident!

Crap, all of it.

--Jack

Eww! I hate it when journalists make news out of nothing. There is no substance in that little story-- nothing we haven't heard before. I mean, the more Mika press the better, but, seriously, is it really necessary to make it sound like Mika is going to crap himself out of fear of festival attendees? What ever happened to journalistic integrity!?!?!? :sneaky2::thumbdown:

Sorry. I ranted. Forgive me?? :blush-anim-cl:

i wold forgive you, but i agree!

Narcolepsy is when you can't help falling asleep at random times, but Mika doesn't have that, obviously. I just made up that "article" to illustrate my point. :-)

--Jack

yay i understand !! you mean journalist often overreact and exagerate. That's probably true and not only concerning mika :naughty: !

I really hate the media for doing this. I understand it's their job, but can't they be at least a little more...gentle? They are destroying people's lives, look at Britney, Lindsay Lohan who is in rehab as well and Nicole Richie who looks like a skeleton these days. Without all the pressure, that wouldn't have happened. Maybe we should start a "Respect Mika's Privacy" Campaign:biggrin2:

MIKA SUFFERS FROM NARCOLEPSY

Turns out the Lebanese popster, who struggled with dyslexia and bullying as a kid, has another challenge to face. Touring has left the singer overtired and prone to bouts of narcolepsy, which have even begun to interfere with his schedule. Mika looked haggard and strung out as he greeted the press, an hour late to the interview, and seemed at the point of passing out several times in the ensuing half hour. Making his excuses, he said "Sorry I overslept really late from a show"--we hope he can make his gig tonight without incident!

One word: Bullsh*t:mf_rosetinted: