MIKA @ Manchester Apollo

-Jennie-

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aiming for 5:30 ish too. <Edit: must remember to set Neighbours to record!!!!> I don't want to travel in by train because I don't want to rush off straight afterwards.

I'm hoping my friends are O.K. with that.

I want to meet up with MFCers if possible.

Fingers crossed for a dry evening.

I'll second that - I am going to try and persuade my friend to get there for as close to 5.30 as possible. She may need some persuading though if it's poor weather..

I don't feel ready! :naughty:

OMG me neither.

It seemed like months away for ages...and now it's nearly here, and I have nothing to wear yet!!! Ahhh panic is setting in! :shocked:

Can't wait though :biggrin2:

I'll second that - I am going to try and persuade my friend to get there for as close to 5.30 as possible. She may need some persuading though if it's poor weather..

OMG me neither.

It seemed like months away for ages...and now it's nearly here, and I have nothing to wear yet!!! Ahhh panic is setting in! :shocked:

Can't wait though :biggrin2:

LOL!! :roftl:

I feel the same....and I'm going on 20th and 22nd too so am under even more pressure to have three different outfits!! :shocked:

Like it really matters but it has to be done!

I mean, imagine the shame if by some miracle I got to meet him on all three nights and I was wearing the same outfit!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

LOL!! :roftl:

I feel the same....and I'm going on 20th and 22nd too so am under even more pressure to have three different outfits!! :shocked:

Like it really matters but it has to be done!

I mean, imagine the shame if by some miracle I got to meet him on all three nights and I was wearing the same outfit!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I can't think of a better excuse for me not to go to more than one night!!! :naughty:

But it is daft isn't it that you get so stressed over outfits for stuff. It's like weddings and the like. I mean who really cares in the end except you. But we all do it!

At the moment I am thinking of dyeing stuff purple. Although I'm a bit scared of home dyeing..To say purple is supposed to be 'this season's shade' I can't find bloody anything to wear in that colour. If I were a size 10 it wouldn't be a problem of course.....:sneaky2:

omg stress. :bleh:

I dont want to keep changing outfits in the vain hope he recognises me haha (I live in hope), mind you I'm not going as a nun again I'm just gonna go xmassy to the gigs as it's near to xmas but not the Manchester one cos I don't fancy walking through the centre dressed like a fruitcake.

I dont want to keep changing outfits in the vain hope he recognises me haha (I live in hope), mind you I'm not going as a nun again I'm just gonna go xmassy to the gigs as it's near to xmas but not the Manchester one cos I don't fancy walking through the centre dressed like a fruitcake.

Are you frightened of what the Mancs will say?? :roftl:

We have our fair share of fruitcakes here in Manc but not in the sense you mean, lol.

Edit: or maybe that is what you mean?? (?). *digs hole for self :roftl: *

Salford...is an interesting place, that's for sure. I was a student there and also lived there when I was teaching. My pupils (South Mancs) used to say I was 'dead hard' because I lived in Salford :naughty: (I am, of course..:mf_rosetinted: ).

You definitely would NOT walk through Salford precinct dressed as a fruitcake.

I've never been to Salford! Sounds very interesting! :naughty:

It's only the other side of the Irwell river from central Manchester (hang on you know that, you are local aren't you?). The Uni is great - or was, 20 years ago :bleh: but other areas are still not too salubrious!

I'm staying in Salford the night of the gig, at my friend's, she lives really near the MEN Arena, pity Mika isn't playing there (one day...).

It's only the other side of the Irwell river from central Manchester (hang on you know that, you are local aren't you?). The Uni is great - or was, 20 years ago :bleh: but other areas are still not too salubrious!

I'm staying in Salford the night of the gig, at my friend's, she lives really near the MEN Arena, pity Mika isn't playing there (one day...).

It would have been better if he was at the MEN arena!

The first time I went to Salford with my hubby/then boyfriend we went to a club thing and the girl sat next to me jumped up smashed her beer glass on the wall behind me and took the biggest part into the gents for her boyfriend to glass the guy he was fighting with, with :shocked: I was in shock.

Another time he took me to a different pub, same set of people but a fight broke out with some "Perry" boys (I had never heard of them before this) and it was like out of a western film, I was stood up shocked looking at the glasses, chairs and tables flying across the room, my hubby/boyfriend pulled me down out of the way and then the pregnant woman next to me got hit in the face with a beer glass and had to go to hospital.

Yes Salford is an interesting place, (though to be fair the 2nd thing happened in another part of Manchester but I can't remember where it was 23 years ago lol, maybe it was Moston or something). My hubby sure knows some lovely places to take a gal eh :naughty::naughty:

The first time I went to Salford with my hubby/then boyfriend we went to a club thing and the girl sat next to me jumped up smashed her beer glass on the wall behind me and took the biggest part into the gents for her boyfriend to glass the guy he was fighting with, with :shocked: I was in shock.

Another time he took me to a different pub, same set of people but a fight broke out with some "Perry" boys (I had never heard of them before this) and it was like out of a western film, I was stood up shocked looking at the glasses, chairs and tables flying across the room, my hubby/boyfriend pulled me down out of the way and then the pregnant woman next to me got hit in the face with a beer glass and had to go to hospital.

Yes Salford is an interesting place, (though to be fair the 2nd thing happened in another part of Manchester but I can't remember where it was 23 years ago lol, maybe it was Moston or something). My hubby sure knows some lovely places to take a gal eh :naughty::naughty:

:roftl: I can see why you fell for him, he certainly romanced you didn't he??

Thing is, if he was a student there, what was he doing in the 'local' pubs? :shocked: Students and locals rarely mix and even less so in Salford!

I used to walk home late at night through Salford when drunk after a night out in Manchester. I cringe now when I think of it. The things you do as a youngster...but I'm still here in one piece thank God!