Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - SOLD OUT

Yoppappop

What??????:shocked:

Sweet Dreams on the playlist? Surely not! He certainly didn't do it on Thursday night in Birmingham and I'd be gutted if he did on the Friday! I really miss it, Missionary Man is good, but I'd choose Sweet Dreams over it any day!

I agree I loved SD, Missionary man is a good song but seems they chose it just so Saranayde could join in. She's a stunning girl with a fabulous voice. But a backing singer should be just that - backing, she is constantly bouncing right behind Mika like a shadow! Has she just signed to the label and the record comapany are trying to boost her profile using Mika - maybe hoping the loyal Mika fans will automatically take her to their hearts too?. I have never been to a show where a harmonies backing singer has taken centre stage for more than one song. She is extremely talented and I'm sure she will have a very successful career of her own very soon but, I went to see a Mika show, not Mika and Saranayde show. Mika seemed to manage fine before she appeared, they just seem to be finding bits for her to do - i.e. dance in costumes whilst he changes his shirt etc. It all seemed a bit surpluss to requirements.

Cathi XX

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD AFTERNOOON MFC!

To all that can't be with us,

WELCOME TO SANTALAND!

We are here in the queue, following an epic journey from Birmingham. A few people here already, Mirtilla, Guillietta, Droopsy, Babs, Kath, Abby, HJ (the new one), and my girl Bexx and Tia, best passengers in the world.

Back later with an update.

:yay: A report from Rose! Glad to hear that everyone's there -- and INSIDE

to boot! Hard to believe that it was just a week ago that *I* was

queuing for Mika *sigh*

Well, sure hope they all have a fabulous time -- as if they could do otherwise! :wink2:

Will anxiously wait for more news...

dcdeb

I agree I loved SD, Missionary man is a good song but seems they chose it just so Saranayde could join in. She's a stunning girl with a fabulous voice. But a backing singer should be just that - backing, she is constantly bouncing right behind Mika like a shadow! Has she just signed to the label and the record comapany are trying to boost her profile using Mika - maybe hoping the loyal Mika fans will automatically take her to their hearts too?. I have never been to a show where a harmonies backing singer has taken centre stage for more than one song. She is extremely talented and I'm sure she will have a very successful career of her own very soon but, I went to see a Mika show, not Mika and Saranayde show. Mika seemed to manage fine before she appeared, they just seem to be finding bits for her to do - i.e. dance in costumes whilst he changes his shirt etc. It all seemed a bit surpluss to requirements.

Cathi XX

Yeah I agree...although I won't get started on her in this thread! :bleh:

#

I'd much rather be queuing in Doncaster right now that doing this boring assignment! :thumbdown:

Carmel (ThatRadFreak) just told me Mika is doing Relax! for a sound check and he did Billy Brown before. And everyone loves the quilt she made for him! ^_^

Great! :thumb_yello: But who is 'everyone'? MFCers? Mika and his people? Did Mika get the quilt?

Cathi XX

Are they not playing "Missionary Man" anymore? :tears:

I really want to hear his version of it when he comes back to the states

Message from Droopsy:

Front row in the middle, small stage. Great! Pics allowed! :thumb_yello:

[Edit] And also Mirti is standing front row!

I got almost the same one from niki27 lol

the whole mfc is with them. the venue is tiny (lucky gals)

I'd so like to be there right now...

Message from Droopsy:

Front row in the middle, small stage. Great! Pics allowed! :thumb_yello:

[Edit] And also Mirti is standing front row!

I got almost the same one from niki27 lol

the whole mfc is with them. the venue is tiny (lucky gals)

I'd so like to be there right now...

You beat me - lol

Same from Sariflor :punk:

They'll have a blast, I'm sure :punk: :punk:

Nice! We even have semi-live pics! :thumb_yello:

yeah i know! how amazing?

i just text her saying "apparently there's loads of mfcers in the front" and she text back saying (like the "gangsta" she is xD)

"yeah mayte! we rock!"

Wow!! Lucky Carmel!!!

i know! i hope im that close at hammersmith apollo!