Mika @ Carling Academy, Glasgow - SOLD OUT

Yoppappop

If I can get to the footy and see Mika even not at the front Ill be happy :thumb_yello:

The footy will be jumping :biggrin2:

what would Cherisse think if she won't see you in front of the stage???:shocked:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:boxed: why such decisions ........ ..mmmmmm

I can watch the football and ahem ahem .. push my way gently to the front :biggrin2: orrrr get lots of helium balloons and float :roftl:

*comes in slowly*

i'm for the second one freddie :roftl: would see it!!

wow, football! :soccer_h4h: we ARE the champions... :harp::fisch:

:roftl: Yeh imagine!!! , If scotland win glasgow will be one helluva party!:punk:

Well we are gonna parrtyyy anyways

and if italy wins we should hide in a corner or at least speak whatever language but italian!:naughty:

AHHHH, just typed a big reply to various posts on here and it got lost! :thumbdown:

My passion for italian football goes all the way back to the 1982 world cup, Paulo Rossi, then 1990 Guiseppe Gianini, 1994 Roberto Baggio (spelling may be iffy) - the only time I ever watch football with an ulterior motive is when Italy are playing:naughty: :wub2:

Scots fans are generally very well behaved and the atmosphere at our games is fab. We were voted best fans at the 1998 world cup (I was there!)

Anyway, we beat France at home, so bring on Italy, I say! Whatever the outcome, it will be great! :biggrin2:

Mirtilla, If i wasn't blonde haired with blue eyes, I'd swear I should have been Italian! :naughty:

and if i wasn't chestnut haired with brown eyes, i'd swear i should have been british! for sure!

cannot we exchange lives??? :wink2:

eh ! what dont u understand i live in glasgow i know what goes on here ! my daughters friend was mugged in broad daylight at 3pm by a junkie with a knife at her throat not so long ago , if somone looks different here the locals neds will surround you as quick as a flash & stick a bottle in your face , not much to understand . im sorry but i wouldnt come to your rescue , ive got a family to think of !

??????

I lived in Glasgow for the first 26 years of my life and I've never - nor anyone I know - been mugged or seen a knife on the street! I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm sure like any big city it does in certain areas.

I spent about 10 years out every Friday and Saturday night in the centre of town and have seen some fights obviously, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I think you're unnecessarily scaring people here! :blink:

This really sounds a bit scary now especially 'cause my friend and me are planning on staying in Glasgow for a whole week.:blink:

And I also wasn't really planning on getting dressed up but I was just a bit shocked when I read that it could be dangerous. After all it is a bit hard to believe that someone would want to attack or hurt somebody just because of that, but then again this could be just me thinking too naive as for I see nothing bad in diversity.

And once again-I'm sorry I had no idea that things are so messed up in Glasgow.

Annabelle, I can assure you - things are NOT messed up in Glasgow!!

I think Leeezy siad 5pm. At this point can I just state my disinterest........in the game not Mika! I love Footy.........but am neither a Scotland or Italy fan so I can assure you that 5pm will find me in the queue for the curly one and not in a football stadium! Thank you!

I would imagine that by 5pm, the ones who have chosen Mika over footie will have been queuing for a good couple of hours!!!

This is interesting though - means that we won't all be together for the afternoon which is a bit :( but I can understand if you're a footy fan then the match is a big deal.

We will just have to have two separate groups!!! And meet up afterwards! Leezy!!! Will not be beside you AGAIN!! :(

Learning from experience can we solve this via PM's , we have a huge meetup at Glasgow and people are starting to get worried ......

I have no experience of anything but very nice people and Glasgow being a good place , there are bad areas .. every city has them , lets be careful what is posted here , some posts are the extreme that "could" happen in any city

Please dont jump all over me .... I have never lived there and am no "expert" but some of these posts dont need to be put on the thread ....

Comments ...

nobody should be worried about coming to glasgow as you could be beaten up anywhere not just here . the point i was getting at first was dressing up in glasgow is a big no no , this what i was saying could lead yourself to getting a kicking then someone said "i dont understand why it could be dangerous to dress-up" this is a hard city at night , you have all the neds hanging about the town i know this as ive seen & spoken to them but ive havent had any hassle but then again i do speak slang + where i live im considered a ned myself

I was out in Glasgow a few weeks back, and the amount of women out and about on hen nights with glitter stetsons, fairy outfits, nurses outfits etc etc was unbelievable. They were all being left alone (ie men were scarpering!!!!). I don't think Glasgow folk would hassle women dressed up, they have a good sense of humour.

Honestly, I would say, if you want to dress as a Lollipop girl or whatever, go ahead.

And scg, don't you live in Bearsden???? Not exactly neds-ville!

I was out in Glasgow a few weeks back, and the amount of women out and about on hen nights with glitter stetsons, fairy outfits, nurses outfits etc etc was unbelievable. They were all being left alone (ie men were scarpering!!!!). I don't think Glasgow folk would hassle women dressed up, they have a good sense of humour.

Honestly, I would say, if you want to dress as a Lollipop girl or whatever, go ahead.

And scg, don't you live in Bearsden???? Not exactly neds-ville!

thats right i also lived in jordanhill i was considered a ned there too but when i lived in cambulang the circuit i was considered posh in clydebank & knightswood where it was full of junkies alkies & neds i mingled in just fine . yes hen nights do work well in glasgow city centre , but where the gig is being held is just along from the hamish alan centre for the homeless where i was 2 yrs ago ,where these people from there hang out at night drinking their bucky & whatever is available at the time

sorry but, who's going fancy dressed?

we were just talking about stetsons and maybe some boas....is that too much?

we can wear them inside the venue and walk on by very seriously dressed...considering the season i'll fancy dress in a warm coat! :biggrin2:

or are you thinking about others????