Mika @ Carling Academy, Glasgow - SOLD OUT

Yoppappop

in my oppinion Edinburgh isnt as bad as Glasgow However Edinburgh still has its bad places but not sooo many as Glasgow has.

If people really did want to dress up there isnt nothing to stop them from doing so once inside the venue its just not advised to remain in fancy dress once outside :mf_rosetinted:

This really sounds a bit scary now especially 'cause my friend and me are planning on staying in Glasgow for a whole week.:blink:

And I also wasn't really planning on getting dressed up but I was just a bit shocked when I read that it could be dangerous. After all it is a bit hard to believe that someone would want to attack or hurt somebody just because of that, but then again this could be just me thinking too naive as for I see nothing bad in diversity.

And once again-I'm sorry I had no idea that things are so messed up in Glasgow.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im not getting upset ! i would be more upset if something happened to any of you just through a silly costume . im not trying to scare you off coming here just dont do anything stupid to cause attention that all im saying

I don't want to sound too self-confident but hardly anything could scare me so much that I wouldn't go to see him.:wink2::bleh:

And I also have no need to draw any attention...I just want to go to Glasgow, enjoy the concert and the beauty of Scotland and Glasgow. That's all.

i mean me personally i only have one years experience of living in Glasgow and you do hear some horror stories and i have seen some pretty scary stuff...But generally it is a nice place just pretty rough :boxed:

This really sounds a bit scary now especially 'cause my friend and me are planning on staying in Glasgow for a whole week.:blink:

And I also wasn't really planning on getting dressed up but I was just a bit shocked when I read that it could be dangerous. After all it is a bit hard to believe that someone would want to attack or hurt somebody just because of that, but then again this could be just me thinking too naive as for I see nothing bad in diversity.

And once again-I'm sorry I had no idea that things are so messed up in Glasgow.

things are messed up everywhere not just here , you just need to watch who your talking to here take me for example , yes i am a headcase .. but saying that im sure im a nice nutter i did have 2 girl staying with me from france in may & i also told them to be careful who they spoke to , they where fine nothing bad happened to them :thumb_yello: just dont speak to anyone looks as if their full of anything , try an older person or a policeman

I don't want to sound too self-confident but hardly anything could scare me so much that I wouldn't go to see him.:wink2::bleh:

And I also have no need to draw any attention...I just want to go to Glasgow, enjoy the concert and the beauty of Scotland and Glasgow. That's all.

hi Annabelle! I don't think we have 'met' before. I just wantto add my opnion to this discussion. I was with scg this afternoon and I can can assure you that we sat and had coffeee in a cehtral Glasgow coffee bar just the same as you would in any other city, with no more worries than you would have anywhere. I do not wantto disagree with Scg's opinion because she has lived in Glasgow all her life and so obviously knows what she is talking about. However, I can offer my opinion as a relative newcomer. I have lived in Scotland for two years and abslutly love it, including Glasgow. I have visited Glasgow on lots of ocasions now and have enjoyed every single visit. I have seen Mika in Glsgow twice, both times without any problems at all. On the first occasion, my daughter and I had quite a long walk back to the station after the gig, at night, in winter and she was carrying a 'big balloon' although we were not dressed up. At the station she did encouter quite a lot of attention form drunks but there were a lot of police about and we had no problems. please don't be put off. There will be a lot of us and we will be togther. SCG is probably right in that it probably isn't wise to walk the streets in full costume but within reason everything should be ok.

Come to Scotland, enjoy it..............and ENJOY Mika!

i mean me personally i only have one years experience of living in Glasgow and you do hear some horror stories and i have seen some pretty scary stuff...But generally it is a nice place just pretty rough :boxed:

thats right bexxy ! look on the bright side just look at all the other people coming here for the gig , do they seem scared , no ! + heres something else thats on the positive about here , mika loves glasgow !

thats right bexxy ! look on the bright side just look at all the other people coming here for the gig , do they seem scared , no ! + heres something else thats on the positive about here , mika loves glasgow !

That's right scg.........not everyone is as scary as you!

Yeah there really isnt anything to be scared of about Glasgow many a time i have walked back in the dark by myself from the centre of Glasgow to my ex flat at the far end of alexandra parade - but i always used to carry a heavy chain back then :naughty:

anyway we will all be together so no worries :biggrin2:

i think i should go and crawl back into my hole now .. ive said enough tonite i dont want everyone to think glasgow is a really scarey place to visit as we arent the only place plauged with neds , drinkers & drug addicts there everywhere but if your looking to be hassled go ahead be my guest dress-up !

My husband (a celtic supporter) had just told me that Celtic aren't playing that weekend because Scotland are!

any bet scotland loses , we`re pish :roftl:

any bet scotland loses , we`re pish :roftl:

Depends if they are playing England! No sorry..............I DID NOT just say that! LOL.............sorry, couldn't resist it!

things are messed up everywhere not just here , you just need to watch who your talking to here take me for example , yes i am a headcase .. but saying that im sure im a nice nutter i did have 2 girl staying with me from france in may & i also told them to be careful who they spoke to , they where fine nothing bad happened to them :thumb_yello: just dont speak to anyone looks as if their full of anything , try an older person or a policeman

I know that. I wasn't trying to generalize anything and if I did so then please take me apology....that was never my intention. Of course I'm planning on being careful, I did travel quite much till now and I never had any problems.

hi Annabelle! I don't think we have 'met' before. I just wantto add my opnion to this discussion. I was with scg this afternoon and I can can assure you that we sat and had coffeee in a cehtral Glasgow coffee bar just the same as you would in any other city, with no more worries than you would have anywhere. I do not wantto disagree with Scg's opinion because she has lived in Glasgow all her life and so obviously knows what she is talking about. However, I can offer my opinion as a relative newcomer. I have lived in Scotland for two years and abslutly love it, including Glasgow. I have visited Glasgow on lots of ocasions now and have enjoyed every single visit. I have seen Mika in Glsgow twice, both times without any problems at all. On the first occasion, my daughter and I had quite a long walk back to the station after the gig, at night, in winter and she was carrying a 'big balloon' although we were not dressed up. At the station she did encouter quite a lot of attention form drunks but there were a lot of police about and we had no problems. please don't be put off. There will be a lot of us and we will be togther. SCG is probably right in that it probably isn't wise to walk the streets in full costume but within reason everything should be ok.

Come to Scotland, enjoy it..............and ENJOY Mika!

Hi! No we haven't met yet but thanks for explaining things to me. :wink2:

Don't worry- I will come to Scotland. Now when I finally have a chance to go there, there's no way I'm turning my back to it.

And I'm also sorry if I gave an impression that I'm scared...I was really more shocked and surprised than scared, but neither of that could stop me from coming to Scotland.:blush-anim-cl:

And now we better go back on topic which is of course seeing and enjoying Mika in November!:punk:

My Celtic supporting husband would kill me for telling you all this, but he can't come to Glasgow with me on the 17th because he's already got tickets to see Wales play in Cardiff that day!:naughty:

well then that says it all ! cardiff/wales my hometown , while im cheering mika on i`ll be cheering even louder for wales :thumb_yello:

At Barrowlands, the first thing that Mika said as he walked up to us (having been held up really badly by the footbal ftraffic) was.........'I would have thought you would all have been at the football'..................yeah, right!

completely agree hun! here people is not so open minded as in UK! :sneaky2:

yeah, and we clearly saw what to expect in october..:sneaky2:

btw Jen, i've told you thousands of times but i'm so glad to have met you!! you're AWESOME!!!

yeah, and we clearly saw what to expect in october..:sneaky2:

btw Jen, i've told you thousands of times but i'm so glad to have met you!! you're AWESOME!!!

:blush-anim-cl: thanks. you too!!! so glad to have met you! love your hair!

what a shame when we were waiting for you! all those girls screaming as nuts...they scared him! :sneaky2: