Anyone ever had baklava?

Shezzy12

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about baklava is that the Turkish claim it is Turkish and the Greek say it is definitely Greek. :biggrin2:

ah yes! this happens so much! One of my English teachers at school is a Greek man who lived in Canada for a very long time- One day at school we had baklava and he said "They make the best baklava in Greece because it is originally from greece" and the students were :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

The funny thing about baklava is that the Turkish claim it is Turkish and the Greek say it is definitely Greek. :biggrin2:

Well I think it's mediterranian and I love it! :thumb_yello:

Lebanese sweets indeed... :naughty:

Ba'lewa is a Lebanese sweets:biggrin2:

even a lots of mediteranean country has their own, lebanese one's are the best:naughty: :bleh:

never tried with tea...

OMG! I:wub2: love baklava and halvas too. And please with mocha! Mmmmm!:bleh:

I know baklava from my favorite greek restaurant. You could find baklava throughout Middle East and the balkan countries. :biggrin2:

:partytime2:

This has nothing to do with Baklava, but I was sitting in the dentist office today waiting to go in for a dental cleaning, when a man came in and sat on the couch beside me. He was talking to another old man in the room and was talking about how he was born in Lebanon and lived there until he was twenty-four, and then moved because of the war. I kind of got the urge to ask, "So, did you ever know a Penniman family?" but then decided not to. :roftl:

OMG i LOVE Balava\Bakalawa!!! :mf_lustslow:

It's my favorite dessert!

Here in Israel you can find it anywhere... I also like Qnafe\Knafe... It's so good! :thumb_yello:

LOL its Künefe in turkish!!

Frankly I hate it!:naughty: SORRY I cant help I tried loving it so many times..!

This has nothing to do with Baklava, but I was sitting in the dentist office today waiting to go in for a dental cleaning, when a man came in and sat on the couch beside me. He was talking to another old man in the room and was talking about how he was born in Lebanon and lived there until he was twenty-four, and then moved because of the war. I kind of got the urge to ask, "So, did you ever know a Penniman family?" but then decided not to. :roftl:

better not to ask! :naughty:

I cant imagine his face after that question! LOL

• 1 month later...

It doesn't really belong to one country, it's just a traditional dessert in several countries, Like Lebanon etc. Cultures share a lot of that stuff. It's kind of like Pizza. It's a typical and very popular American meal, but it's really Italian. I don't know if that's a good comparison, but whatever. Baklava is just common in several countries and generally characteristic of the Middle East area.

Just found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baklava

And yes, I know it's Wikipedia and it's not always the firmest source, but whatever. It's something.

Cool stuff! <3