Mika to be a judge at X-Factor Italia 2015!

I read everywhere about Skin that in 2013 she entered into a civil partnership with Christina Wyly, daughter of American billionaire Sam Wylyhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2318374/Skunk-Anansies-Skin-billionaires-daughter-Christina-Wyly-100k-court-battle-wedding-planner.html Also at the end of this vid they show her learning Italian : http://video.sky.it/news/spettacolo/skin_elio_mika_e_fedez_la_nuova_giuria_di_x_factor_2015/v241169.vid Or maybe it's just a joke? 

Edited by krysady

I read everywhere about Skin that in 2013 she entered into a civil partnership with Christina Wyly, daughter of American billionaire Sam Wylyhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2318374/Skunk-Anansies-Skin-billionaires-daughter-Christina-Wyly-100k-court-battle-wedding-planner.html Also at the end of this vid they show her learning Italian : http://video.sky.it/news/spettacolo/skin_elio_mika_e_fedez_la_nuova_giuria_di_x_factor_2015/v241169.vid Or maybe it's just a joke? 

the marriage is real, the bride is not Italian though as I believed.

• Like 1

the marriage is real, the bride is not Italian though as I believed.

Yes, from what I've read she is Texan and her father was the major George W. Bush supporter (wow!)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/skunk-anansie-star-skin-texan-heiress-girlfriend-464331

I don't see what "being home" and spending time with family has to do with these shows. Constantly shuttling back and forth between Paris and Milan is more travelling than he's ever done between albums when he was staying home for real.

But whatever. It should be obvious to all by now what Mika's real job is. It doesn't matter what he said in Brooklyn. I'm sure we all have things we'd rather be doing than our money-earning jobs but I still have to go to the office most days even if I'd rather be going to gigs. Mika was never going to do a year-long tour because there are not enough places to play in large venues to make it worth his while. Again I think it should be obvious now that he is not willing to sit on a tour bus and play some small dive in the US, Germany or UK for dozens and dozens of gigs when he could be sitting in a judge's chair.

That doesn't mean he will not do any shows at all in the UK or elsewhere though. A show in London is only going to take up one day of his time and being on XF this year is not going to change the likelihood of that happening one way or another. :dunno:

• Like 3

I'm not saying you can't be disappointed, I was just replying to this

That's why I said I don't get the point of comparing him with whoever you want. And yeah, some members of his family travel with him but not everyone, but maybe the problem's not just the family, maybe it's constantly being on a plane/train/bus/whatever, maybe it's something else. I don't think you can really call that a regular life even if his family is with him, can you? I understand what you're saying if I think of him as a musician, I understand his latest choices aren't good for his career and are disappointing to his fans, but before being a musician, he's a person and as a person he has the right to seek his own happiness, that's what we all do in life, don't we? Maybe he's perfectly fine with the career he has now and it's just us who think he really cares for his worldwide fame, while he doesn't. He may have chosen to give up on something in order to gain something else he wants more.

I agree, I think he wants to be closer to family. And although he travel a lot, there is little distance between countries. Mika and family can meet easily. True, his mother travels with him, but not his boyfriend, I don´t know, maybe this is the reason.

I agree, I think he wants to be closer to family. And although he travel a lot, there is little distance between countries. Mika and family can meet easily. True, his mother travels with him, but not his boyfriend, I don´t know, maybe this is the reason.

But if he hadn't been doing the shows the past 2 years he would have been at home in London, not travelling. He only travelled extensively when he was promoting/supporting an album. TOOL was already done when he took on XF and the Voice. Even when he tours he spends 90% of the time in western Europe so I don't see how spending a couple of months in Paris or Milan gives him any more access to his family than he already has. It's not like he ever spent a year going to Asia or North America. Those tours never lasted more than 3 weeks (every 2 or 3 years).

I'm sure having homes in Paris and Milan makes it easier to live a "normal" life rather than going back and forth to London every other day but it's no reason to take the jobs in the first place. If he was doing a show in London or moved permanently to Paris or something I could understand how having a settled home life would be motivation for doing TV instead of music.

It should be obvious to all by now what Mika's real job is. It doesn't matter what he said in Brooklyn. I'm sure we all have things we'd rather be doing than our money-earning jobs but I still have to go to the office most days even if I'd rather be going to gigs. 

I think you mean that: 

At some point he said "It's good to be back to my job....this is my job!" 

I agree. He said the same thing in Naples one year ago. One year during which he's made two weekly tv shows and only a bunch of -private- gigs.

I used to be a dog trainer back in the day and I quit for several reasons. Now I happen to help somebody with their dogs here and there, and when it all goes smoothly it's very rewarding, so I might occasionally say "it's good to be back to this". But I never say "it's good to be back to my job", cause I am full aware that I'm an employee now, even if I'm still into dogs and stuff. This doesn't imply that I'm not good at it, nor that he's not good at it. We even might put more effort in it since we aren't jaded. But our job is a different deal. 

• Like 1

I don't see what "being home" and spending time with family has to do with these shows. Constantly shuttling back and forth between Paris and Milan is more travelling than he's ever done between albums when he was staying home for real.

But whatever. It should be obvious to all by now what Mika's real job is. It doesn't matter what he said in Brooklyn. I'm sure we all have things we'd rather be doing than our money-earning jobs but I still have to go to the office most days even if I'd rather be going to gigs. Mika was never going to do a year-long tour because there are not enough places to play in large venues to make it worth his while. Again I think it should be obvious now that he is not willing to sit on a tour bus and play some small dive in the US, Germany or UK for dozens and dozens of gigs when he could be sitting in a judge's chair.

That doesn't mean he will not do any shows at all in the UK or elsewhere though. A show in London is only going to take up one day of his time and being on XF this year is not going to change the likelihood of that happening one way or another. :dunno:

If you're referring to me about the family thing, I even said that I don't know for sure what the reasons may be. It may be that one or something else and I was just trying to make a guess. My overall point was that I don't think comparing him to others really means anything, since we can't expect him to do something just because that's what others do. As for the things we'd rather be doing than our money-earning jobs, well... he earns money just the same. Wouldn't you rather go to gigs instead of going to the office if they paid you to do so? Anyway, again, I get your point, but in life I always try to be understanding especially when I don't have all the elements to take sides, that's just who I am.

As for the things we'd rather be doing than our money-earning jobs, well... he earns money just the same. Wouldn't you rather go to gigs instead of going to the office if they paid you to do so?

I wouldn't say just the same tho.... different way, different amount.

If you're referring to me about the family thing, I even said that I don't know for sure what the reasons may be.

It wasn't so much what you said in your initial post but the back and forth that ensued with arguments about how Mika can take his family on a world tour with him, etc. so I didn't want to quote only you. I think he would not have been travelling at all the past two years if it weren't for the TV shows except to go to LA to record (where he also gets himself a home) so it's all a moot point. Mika was talking about having children a couple of years ago and now he says his life is too unsettled. I think the TV shows have destabilized his home life, not given him grounding. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. He doesn't have children and obviously his loved ones travel a lot with him. But it doesn't seem to me that a choice to take on a large time commitment in two foreign countries would be motivated by wanting to spend more time with your loved ones.

My overall point was that I don't think comparing him to others really means anything, since we can't expect him to do something just because that's what others do.

I don't expect Mika to want to do what others do but when he uses the music industry to claim that what he is doing is necessary and not just what he would prefer to do then he opens himself up to comparisons with other artists' choices because all of these artists are working within the same industry. It's not one rule for Mika and different rules for everyone else. He is not being picked on and bullied by the music industry while everyone else has an easy time of it. If he says hey I can make tons of dosh and be a big star working on these TV shows and it's a much better quality of life for me because the idea of sitting on a tourbus to Nowheresville, Iowa where I can barely sell tickets sucks my will to live...I can totally understand and respect that. But when he says I have to take a job on TV because it is not possible for me to continue to produce albums or perform anymore then I will call bullsh*t on that. It is possible because other artists do it all the time.

I wouldn't say just the same tho.... different way, different amount.

Yes there is obviously far more money in being a visible TV celeb than playing to 500 people in Brooklyn. IMO the TV shows and all that comes along with it like TV adverts and product endorsements are his day job. You could even make an argument that his album was part of his day job too since if he gave up music completely it would be hard to maintain the credibility required to be on shows like the Voice, etc. But really at this point performing on his own headlining tours is something he squeezes in between his "real" jobs. I will be surprised if he does any gigs at all in 2016 that are not paid him a fee by a festival or corporation.

Thank you! I'm not sure when the UK series will be aired.. But if it's the same time as the Italian series I think we can now officialy say that Mika will be on the Italian series and not the UK one

• Like 1