POLL: Pre-Palladium Show Meet-up 5th June 2016

dcdeb

Pre-Palladium Show Meet-up 5th June 2016  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend an MFC get-together before Mika's gig at the Palladium in London on 5th June?

• Yes, I would stop in for a drink or two.
    • No, I'll just see you all at the show!

The Palladium bar sounds great, I also wouldn't mind paying a few pounds - but imo 6:30 is definitely too late. I think last time it started at 4, right? And even that seemed too short. :blush-anim-cl:

It's a pity that the Palladium bar can only take us from 6.30pm. I wouldn't have minded paying towards the hire, but i agree with Karin, that's far too short a time for the meet up.

The Palladium bar sounds great, I also wouldn't mind paying a few pounds - but imo 6:30 is definitely too late. I think last time it started at 4, right? And even that seemed too short. :blush-anim-cl:

It's a pity that the Palladium bar can only take us from 6.30pm. I wouldn't have minded paying towards the hire, but i agree with Karin, that's far too short a time for the meet up.

Yes, I like the idea of being onsite, too. I'll phone them tomorrow and see if I can persuade them to let us in any earlier, but I suspect that means they'd have to pay their bar staff extra, which they would then charge us for. But you don't know unless you ask, so I'll ask. :)

• Like 2

Yes, I like the idea of being onsite, too. I'll phone them tomorrow and see if I can persuade them to let us in any earlier, but I suspect that means they'd have to pay their bar staff extra, which they would then charge us for. But you don't know unless you ask, so I'll ask. :)

:thumb_yello: Thanks for all your efforts,  to find the right place to meet In London Deb !!  :wub: I hope Palladium will agree with your suggestion - good luck...  :wink2:

Love, love

me

Hi everyone,

I really like the idea of being onsite  :yes:  and even if we have to pay a bit more that would be the best place to meet.

Thank you Deb for organizing this meeting for all of us :thumb_yello:

Can't wait :hug:

Thanks again for organizing, Deb! I agree that being at Palladium would be ideal and don't mind paying about it either. Hope it will work out and if not, we just need to walk a bit between the meeting and gig. Can't wait to meet everyone again  :wub:

If the Palladium won't budge from 6.30pm, imo that rules them out, given that doors open for the gig at 7.00pm

Edited by silver
  • Like 1

If the Palladium won't budge from 6.30pm, imo that rules them out, given that doors open for the gig at 7.00pm

I agree, Silver. I spoke to the woman there this a.m. and she said they *could* open at 5:30 but we'd have to pay for the bar staff. She said she'd get me a "costing" but I haven't heard anything back from her. She wasn't too helpful, actually. :(

In the meantime, though, I think I've found a place that will be perfect -- a 3 minute walk from the theater. It sounds similar to the arrangement we had with Smollensky's last fall. I want to read over the info the young man has just sent me before I confirm, but I think this is going to be it. I'll be back later today or early tomorrow with details. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

I agree, Silver. I spoke to the woman there this a.m. and she said they *could* open at 5:30 but we'd have to pay for the bar staff. She said she'd get me a "costing" but I haven't heard anything back from her. She wasn't too helpful, actually. :(

In the meantime, though, I think I've found a place that will be perfect -- a 3 minute walk from the theater. It sounds perfect, similar to the arrangement we had with Smollensky's last fall. I want to read over the info the young man has just sent me before I confirm, but I think this is going to be it. I'll be back later today or early tomorrow with details. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: This sounds just perfect!!  :wub:  I think we all need a 3 minute walk outside, to get some air, after our meeting, before we find our seats at Palladium! :wink2:  Well done Deb - you're the best!! :hug:  :wub: 

Love, love

me     

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

:woot_jump:

After reviewing everything, I can announce that our MFC pre-show get-together on 5th June will be held at...

Zebrano!

http://zebranolondon.com/carnaby/

The actual address is 14-16 Ganton Street, London W1F 7BT

Here's a map showing the distance between the Palladium and Zebrano:

https://goo.gl/maps/ybXUmJrvZqm

We will be in their downstairs club space, which normally opens at 5 p.m. -- they'll open it at 4:30 p.m. for us, but if you arrive earlier, you can have a drink or a bite to eat upstairs while you wait.

Because we are arriving during their Happy Hour, we'll be able to take advantage of their 2-for-1 drink specials. They also have beer, wine and soft drinks, and a selection of food. I'm attaching a menu of what's available. You'll see a little orange smilie next to drinks that are available for the specials.

Since we have such a large group, we get £100 credit that we can use toward food or drink. They suggested we might want to order several of their party platters of food with the credit, which I thought was a good idea -- you'll see they have finger foods with veggie options.

We have up until 48 hours beforehand if we decide to cancel, but PLEASE let me know if we're going to cancel in time, because I've had to hold the space with my credit card -- I won't be charged if the evening goes off as planned, but I will be charged a late cancellation fee (£5/person!) if we're no-shows! :eek:

I think that's all I need to tell you for now -- I'll be talking with them as the date gets closer just to go over final details.

If you have any questions, please LMK.

Just 25 days now! :excite:

Carnaby-Bar-Menu-web-1.pdf

• Like 10

Thanks Deb! Do you know if under 18 are allowed in and order something? Last time my boys didn't stay because they were not allowed to buy anything.

I'll double-check, Nina. I would think that even if they couldn't stay downstairs, they would be able to eat upstairs. I'll let you know.

EDIT: I just checked on the site and found this:

Strictly over 18s

Children may dine with adults in the bar/restaurant until 11pm.

• Like 1

They even have Lebanese food :boing: I'd deffo go for that if I could come ...sounds fab, enjoy everyone who will be there :hug:

Is the meet up going to be streamed or periscoped or something? I'd love to see you online guys :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

They even have Lebanese food :boing: I'd deffo go for that if I could come ...sounds fab, enjoy everyone who will be there :hug:

Is the meet up going to be streamed or periscoped or something? I'd love to see you online guys :wub2:

I suppose if Grazia is there, there'll be a Periscope. :teehee:

I'd do it myself (if they have free Wifi), but I think I'll be too busy again chatting, eating, dancing,... :blush-anim-cl:  Time flew so fast at the last meetup!

I suppose if Grazia is there, there'll be a Periscope. :teehee:

I'd do it myself (if they have free Wifi), but I think I'll be too busy again chatting, eating, dancing,... :blush-anim-cl:  Time flew so fast at the last meetup!

Ha! Grazia, you have a reputation to uphold! ;)

They do have free Wi Fi according to the website, so I'll try to Periscope a bit if I can. The livestreaming didn't work so well in Montreal, so I'm not going to lug my laptop around. :no:

:) Last year I had a meal of Lebanese food, for the first time in my life,  in the big Center, right across the street of the arena,  where we saw MIKA with the OSM.  It was OK - but not the best food I've tasted.  Maybe I'll give it a new try in London, very soon... :teehee:

Love, love

me