Mika assistant coach at judges' houses XFACTOR UK

Gabry74

2 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

How did you get to show the picture and the video that way, I just copy/past the link

Maybe, your twitter URL is for MOBILE https://mobile.twitter.com/TheXFactor/status/922130435504771074

my link is https://twitter.com/TheXFactor/status/922130435504771074

15 hours ago, mellody said:

They wrote about the pro-Mika tweets too, but Eriko didn't copy that part. Thought the article was all negative until I read the rest of it. The article you posted still is a lot better tho. They even mentioned the Rose d'Or award. :thumb_yello:

I hate this kind of show. I hate most anything that tries to take the rough edges, the individuality away from people.  Except for maybe a choir.  Nearly everyone sounds the same.  When they try to impress people it sends them to hell in a hand basket.  One of those performances was so over the top it hurt.  And these kids are about to be eaten up by the X Factor and its aftermath, at least if they want to be artists with their own vision.  I only heard one who was an individual. Mika heard it too.  Doesn’t mean he should win.  You never know what the best choice is until you’ve lived through the consequences.  

As for the nasty tweets, their ignorance over Mika disqualifies them from being anything but trolls.   But then, what do you expect from twitter?  Or a tabloid?

i, for one, am very glad I found Mika this year again.  It didn’t take long to discover that although he dropped out of my immediate range, he was.alive and well in the big wide world, doing amazing things.    the idea that if someone isn’t famous in your world they must be nobody is evidence of our great need to reach out across borders and realize greatness is everywhere, and some of it is in service of a better world, not the charts or the record companies or the pockets of the X Factor.   

Arcade Fire got lukewarm reviews of their last album.  I saw the abolutely amazing show last night.  As Win Butler said,  “don’t believe everything you read.”

Rant over.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I really adored Jack. He was so very endearing and cheerful. Lloyd! Lloyd was amazing. That song choice! I really adored Spencer as well. I kinda thought Leon's performance was...very bad. That's my opinion though.

Mika was wonderful! It's so nice to hear him judge in English. He's so very good at this kind of job and is so thoughtful and considered <3

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

I've just seen it, life in cartoon motion #50 iTunes UK, After X-Factor tonight

That brilliant news. Hopefully this will light a spark again. I was on Twitter, telling people to listen to NPIH. I know there was negative comments, but was thrilled by all the positive ones, and we all stuck up for Mika, so it was great. It's just a shame that not many Mika fans follow me. I don't have a lot of followers anyway, but I hope I contributed to the night. I am Storyteller Marilyn @AlansGoodWife if anyone saw my tweets

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

I hate this kind of show. I hate most anything that tries to take the rough edges, the individuality away from people.  Except for maybe a choir.  Nearly everyone sounds the same.  When they try to impress people it sends them to hell in a hand basket.  One of those performances was so over the top it hurt.  And these kids are about to be eaten up by the X Factor and its aftermath, at least if they want to be artists with their own vision.  I only heard one who was an individual. Mika heard it too.  Doesn’t mean he should win.  You never know what the best choice is until you’ve lived through the consequences.  

As for the nasty tweets, their ignorance over Mika disqualifies them from being anything but trolls.   But then, what do you expect from twitter?  Or a tabloid?

i, for one, am very glad I found Mika this year again.  It didn’t take long to discover that although he dropped out of my immediate range, he was.alive and well in the big wide world, doing amazing things.    the idea that if someone isn’t famous in your world they must be nobody is evidence of our great need to reach out across borders and realize greatness is everywhere, and some of it is in service of a better world, not the charts or the record companies or the pockets of the X Factor.   

Arcade Fire got lukewarm reviews of their last album.  I saw the abolutely amazing show last night.  As Win Butler said,  “don’t believe everything you read.”

Rant over.  

I don't know why you quoted my post... anyway I'm not really a fan of casting shows. But I was positively surprised of XFactor UK, because from German casting shows I'm used to dozens of cliffhangers with commercials before each decision and lots of useless talk to fill the gaps in between. That's getting on my nerves so much!

About these shows eating up the contestants and everyone sounding the same... I think that's more a problem of the music industry in general than of these shows in particular. You need to do what you can to earn a good living in this industry. And most music sounds the same these days, there's only few exceptions.

So well, I don't "hate" these shows (apart from the annoying commercials and cliffhangers), I'm just not a fan of them and I'd miss nothing if they didn't exist. But if XFactor helps Mika to become big in the UK again, it's alright for me. Better than XFactor Italy or The Voice France, because at least UK TV I can understand. :bleh: So, just selfish reasons for me. Ofc if he could make it without being on casting shows, that'd be better. But he won't start again playing tiny venues, if he can so easily earn his money in Italy selling out big halls. I'm glad he's interested again in the UK (or other countries) at all, I wasn't so sure of that the last few years...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

Rant over.  

Very wise words Anditwassummer. I am a long time Mika fan now living in France. He has a big following here, especailly since being a coach on The Voice. He has an even bigger following in Italy after The X Factor there and now Casa Mika. I agree about the need to reach across boundaries; there is a section of the British press that is suspicious of anything "foreign" and sees being an international artist as being somehow  inferior or strange. I am in a draw to see Mika record The Voice France in Paris next month. Wish me luck!