Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Hey Apples!

Just a very short hello from me. I arrived in Brighton last Saturday and have already settled in well. I live with a lovely host family and try to get used to the English way of life now.

I hope you're all ok. See you soon!

P.S.: I don't have anyone on MSN (except for Kata and Vally) :(

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Apples!

Just a very short hello from me. I arrived in Brighton last Saturday and have already settled in well. I live with a lovely host family and try to get used to the English way of life now.

I hope you're all ok. See you soon!

P.S.: I don't have anyone on MSN (except for Kata and Vally) :(

Hiya! I hope you love England. Brighton is nice (at least in summertime).

My MSN is in my profile if you want to add me.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on MFC. :-/ I became unemployed and suddenly acquired a bustling busy social life. :bleh: I've been flitting up and down the East Coast for the past week and a half--Washington DC, New York, Philadelphia, New York again... Philadelphia again on Tuesday. :naughty:

I met up with a whirlwind of friends in the DC area, fell off a bike and banged myself up, saw local bands, saw my childhood best friend, saw my college best friend, hung out with a bunch of queer punks, a bunch of activists, and a bunch of yuppie lawyers. :-)

Followed my favorite living author up the East Coast, met him, am still over the moon about how nice and accessible and charming-witty and everything-you-could-ever-wish-a-celebrity-you-met-with was.

Made new friends, got quite drunk quite frequently, spent money I did not have, saw a lot of nightclubs.

Attended an absolutely killer goth-glam wedding: the bride wore a red satin ballgown with a mini top hat and black veil, and shiny red high-top sneakers, the groom had a bespoke pinstriped suit and red cravat, and it was carnival-themed and the most fun I've ever had at a reception. All the guests were absolutely beautiful people, both in terms of style and personality, either musicians or artists or pinup models or all three, ha.

Except for the money thing, not having a job has been a blast. I haven't had this much fun, seen this many people, read this much for myself, or created this much art in ages. Sadly that does not leave much time for Mika. :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on MFC. :-/ I became unemployed and suddenly acquired a bustling busy social life. :bleh: I've been flitting up and down the East Coast for the past week and a half--Washington DC, New York, Philadelphia, New York again... Philadelphia again on Tuesday. :naughty:

I met up with a whirlwind of friends in the DC area, fell off a bike and banged myself up, saw local bands, saw my childhood best friend, saw my college best friend, hung out with a bunch of queer punks, a bunch of activists, and a bunch of yuppie lawyers. :-)

Followed my favorite living author up the East Coast, met him, am still over the moon about how nice and accessible and charming-witty and everything-you-could-ever-wish-a-celebrity-you-met-with was.

Made new friends, got quite drunk quite frequently, spend money I did not have, saw a lot of nightclubs.

Attended an absolutely killer goth-glam wedding: the bride wore a red satin ballgown with a mini top hat and black veil, and shiny red high-top sneakers, the groom had a bespoke pinstriped suit and red cravat, and it was carnival-themed and the most fun I've ever had at a reception. All the guests were absolutely beautiful people, both in terms of style and personality, either musicians or artists or pinup models or all three, ha.

Except for the money thing, not having a job has been a blast. I haven't had this much fun, saw this many people, read this much for fun, or created this much art in ages. Sadly that does not leave much time for Mika. :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

Wow. Just wow. I'm glad you had such a great time. You should become unemployed and (dare I say it :naughty:) stay off the MFC more often. Definitely. But welcome back anyway. :thumb_yello:

Hey Jack!

Now that sounds like a fabulous JackViolet time - it's totally how I'd picture a good time for you. Twatty is right - the freedom you have when you're not tied down to employment is awesome. I had a pretty good weekend, but I can only imagine the types of things I could get myself into if I wasn't limited to just Saturdays and Sundays.

Thanks for checking in on your busy schedule. :naughty:

EDIT - And speaking of work, woke up late for a typical Monday morning watching "Dexter" last night...so should go and do the whole employment routine now... :thumbdown:

:( The apple thread is not as busy as it used to be! I guess everyone's getting pretty busy...me included

Nice that you've been having lots of fun Jack! I'm still stuck studying me ass off, but I got a A on my first imp. exam!! Woooooo hooo!

:( The apple thread is not as busy as it used to be! I guess everyone's getting pretty busy...me included

Nice that you've been having lots of fun Jack! I'm still stuck studying me ass off, but I got a A on my first imp. exam!! Woooooo hooo!

Congrats!

But I think the others have just moved their party to MSN. *coughwhattimesareyouallusuallyonline?cough*

coucou

just hopping by.

showed my freind some fotos of my past life.

time to meet up again.

news in my life:

moving to ireland for work

have my hotel diploma, without any learning and did pretty well,im a bit impresed with myself.

greatings and küsse to all of u.

hope you r all well.

vally

ps.babs, enfa, kata,jemma and satu when is the next roadtrip?

{feels kinda left out coz she doesn't use msn} this thread is a bit..frozed :meow:

2dsl753.jpg

:kaf:

*Sigh* - I love Autumn. :wub2: And apples. Am I supposed to spell "Autum" with a capital?

coucou

just hopping by.

showed my freind some fotos of my past life.

time to meet up again.

news in my life:

moving to ireland for work

have my hotel diploma, without any learning and did pretty well,im a bit impresed with myself.

greatings and küsse to all of u.

hope you r all well.

vally

ps.babs, enfa, kata,jemma and satu when is the next roadtrip?

Speaking of spelling...*reads vally's post above* :naughty:

Glad you got your hotel diploma. :naughty: But really - congrats. :thumb_yello:

I also don't have MSN and it's sad that this thread is so dead. I'm pretty uninterested in Mika right now so you guys are the only thing that keeps me coming back...

So all my exciting things are mostly over for the next little while, and I need to start seriously doing practical things. I am feeling wistful about it though so I thought maybe since this thread is dead anyway, I could share my last month in pictures with you. (Except I think Christine has seen these...)

1. Cupcakes.

[photos redacted]

2. Book signing.

2894705850_e42bd2f05a.jpg

Since he only signed one item per person, I had his daughter sign my book, ha.

2893863415_bea1552aa7.jpg

--Jack

Edited by JackViolet

I learned recently that a former colleague, whom I worked with about 7 years ago, patented a new invention and is now a millionaire. :shocked:

She still maintains in close contact with other friends of mine and has been instructed by her lawyers not to reveal her new invention until it hits the market. So sometimes I find myself occupied with either, trying to figure out what she may have patented, or trying to think of what I could possibly come up with myself to to become financially independant. She's mentioned that it was something that she was thinking about for awhile, but didn't have any financial support (investors) to get it started, until now of course.

She just bought a 2 million dollar home in Las Vegas with the financial assistance of a wealthy investor who negotiated 20% of future earnings (or something like that).

Hope she remembers who I am. :naughty:

* I know this has nothing to do with Mika - but neither does 75% of the things that get posted around here * :bleh:

Oh Jack - guess we both wanted to rant about non-Mika things at the same time. :naughty:

Cupcakes! I have been baking batches for weeks myself. I'm not kidding - I must have made 200+ cupcakes in September. :blink:

That card is awesome - I betcha you drew it. :wink2:

Wow. That author should have been nothing but totally impressed by your drawings! :shocked: You're very talented and artistic my dear. :thumb_yello:

And as for that wedding - that is really so cute. Now if only more people had the courage to have the type of wedding they really wanted to have without feeling like they had to conform to others' wishes ....

that's pretty neat-o.

I've just taken a moment to get a better look at your drawings and noticed the apple and title :wink2:

I love the details, the lines, the eyelets on the curtains, the shadowing on the sleeves, the ribbon extending around the boy, the light cascading on the bar tender, the shadow not exactly matching the girl, etc....I can go on and on. :wub2:

I was just showing my son your drawings and he asked if Mika was the character in your first drawing! Ha - it could look like him now that I've taken another look. :naughty:

And finally, yesterday: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds!

2924396952_b06bc20095.jpg

2923570673_90d24bac3b.jpg

2923545253_735b84061b.jpg

2924154296_8f8efff8fb.jpg

2924397178_12bc2dbd1b.jpg

We were right front and center, and it was soooo good. Seriously. And Nick Cave spent a lot of time coming up to people in the first row and pointing at them or singing to them, and he sang part of this song to me, and it was... pretty much amazing. (The girl behind me kept poking me and going, "he's singing it to you!" :bleh: I was thinking "I had noticed!")

--Jack

You're in white (on the right).

Right on Suzy. :roftl:

By the way, your son is not the first to suggest the first drawing has Mika in it. That really confused me at first, because it's an illustration of "Snow, Glass, Apples"--a short story by the author--and the character is meant to have reddish-blond hair and a beard. And that's how I drew him and how I see him in my head. But I guess you can't see the beard well from that angle, and haircolor gets muddled in b&w...

Oh, and thank you all so much for your kind comments about my drawings. :blush-anim-cl: They did take a lot of work.

--Jack

Oh Jack - guess we both wanted to rant about non-Mika things at the same time. :naughty:

Oh hah, we did! Wow, that's pretty crazy about your friend. Hope she remembers you indeed. Even better, hope you come up with something to patent soon and remember us. :naughty:

That card is awesome - I betcha you drew it. :wink2:

Awww, yes I did. :thumb_yello: And for not having seen their wedding clothes yet, I did not get it too badly off, I think!

--Jack

Jack! Wow! Your drawings are (insert appropriate superlative here eg:great, fantastic, awesome, amazing!)

So the author is Neil Gaiman? But you're not a Terry Pratchett fan....

Nice wedding!

But I have to say I loathe Nick Cave. Hubby likes him. I think he writes interesting music but can't stand his voice and I don't believe he can actually sing. But to each their own.

Just popping by to say Hi. I was away last weekend, and am gonna be away for the next week and a bit, so talk more later.