Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll need some more time before I'm able to write a good report about the gig, so just a few thoughts now.

I enjoyed the meeting very much. Seeing the Dutchies again, and meeting Mana and Ruth. Also had a lovely chat with Allegra, who was seated next to me. :wub2:

It's a lovely venue, beautiful and intimate. It's only got a small stage and first row is right in front of it. And what a great sound!

RIMG0005.jpg

I am the one standing...black t-shirt and necklace...

I think I'll need some more time before I'm able to write a good report about the gig, so just a few thoughts now.

I enjoyed the meeting very much. Seeing the Dutchies again, and meeting Mana and Ruth. Also had a lovely chat with Allegra, who was seated next to me. :wub2:

It's a lovely venue, beautiful and intimate. It's only got a small stage and first row is right in front of it. And what a great sound!

RIMG0005.jpg

I am the one standing...black t-shirt and necklace...

I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you yesterday. Allegra and I were trying to figure out where you were sitting, but we didn't know what you looked like.

Thank or posting and sharing...it almost felt like I was there with you! Waoh! I hope I can do the same some day! I don't even know if I'd be able to talk because I'd be so emotional I might even cry! Thank you!

Goodmorning.

It was the best gig I've ever been to. He was so nice and funny during the whole gig. The F-word was mentioned a couple of times:naughty: And you could see how much he likes the audience to sing along. I'm uploading photos and videos now. 'll be done in a few minutes:thumb_yello:

Goodmorning.

It was the best gig I've ever been to. He was so nice and funny during the whole gig. The F-word was mentioned a couple of times:naughty: And you could see how much he likes the audience to sing along. I'm uploading photos and videos now. 'll be done in a few minutes:thumb_yello:

cant wait to see the pics/vids!

Goodmorning.

Goodmorning :wub2: Still floating I guess?

Can't wait to see your pics and vids. I'm sure you're happy with your new camera.

Ok, I'm working on the videos but ooh, no idea when they will be up :boxed:

Can't even seem to watch them, because the files are too big for the laptop to handle? :blink:

So I'm gonna convert them before uploading (so that there are smaller files), normally without losing quality, but I'll have to check out how .. So it can take a while, sorry :boxed:

Can't even seem to watch them, because the files are too big for the laptop to handle? :blink:

So I'm gonna convert them before uploading (so that there are smaller files), normally without losing quality, but I'll have to check out how .. So it can take a while, sorry :boxed:

I'm a very patient woman :biggrin2:

Hi Bienie, did you have some sweet dreams last night?

I read: The flies are too big for the laptop:roftl:

Gosh I just need sleep and the grouppicture:mf_rosetinted:

dont worry bienie, take your time! we'll wait patiently:biggrin2:

I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you yesterday. Allegra and I were trying to figure out where you were sitting, but we didn't know what you looked like.

first row you too? seems you've been very busy in checking someone's feet under a certain piano!:roftl:

edit: why quotes are being messed up? i was quoting kaatje!

first row you too? seems you've been very busy in checking someone's feet under a certain piano!:roftl:

edit: why quotes are being messed up? i was quoting kaatje!

:roftl:

But you have to admit, his legs are worth watching :fangurl:

Edited by kaatje066

I'm a very patient woman :biggrin2:

Hi Bienie, did you have some sweet dreams last night?

Hmm no .. not really ..

When I went to sleep it started to getting light already :shocked: And I've slept, but for some reason I feel like I've haven't had any sleep at all. I feel like crap basically :boxed: And those videos not working with me aren't helping :roftl:

I read: The flies are too big for the laptop:roftl:

Gosh I just need sleep and the grouppicture:mf_rosetinted:

Me just sleep .. I won't be on the grouppicture anyway because I was breathing into Mika's neck! :roftl:

Aaf Brandt Corstius, columist of a dutch newspaper, sat next to me yesterday. This is a column from a few weeks ago (in dutch): http://www.nrcnext.nl/columnisten/2009/05/08/en-daar-stond-ik-bij-op-vijf-centimeter-afstand/#more-1982

I hope she will write a new column about the concert. She was just a fan like us. Standing in line for an autograph...

mmmmmmmmmmm yes maybe

just for a change

:biggrin2:

Well, since it was my first gig I was hoping for a bit more of him. But I'm sure he'll make up for that next time.

Aaf Brandt Corstius, columist of a dutch newspaper, sat next to me yesterday. This is a column from a few weeks ago (in dutch): http://www.nrcnext.nl/columnisten/2009/05/08/en-daar-stond-ik-bij-op-vijf-centimeter-afstand/#more-1982

I hope she will write a new column about the concert. She was just a fan like us. Standing in line for an autograph...

Thanks for posting the link!

Ok, while I'm working on the videos I have a little something .. A few pics .. Not much, but it's something :wink2:

IMG_0974-border.jpg

IMG_0975-border.jpg

IMG_0977-border.jpg

IMG_0979-border.jpg

IMG_0980-border.jpg