REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

Hello everyone,

Just had a breif read of the reports. It was a fantastic night...but spoilt for many Mfcers (and other early queuers) by the ridiculous situation regarding the queue. it was SO needless. A few security men placed between the two rows would have prevented it:shocked: It is so infuriating that SO often the answer is SO simple.

Anway, I myself had a great evening. Thank you once again to Kasia for kindly helping me out with travel and also for getting me a wrist band:wub2:. It was lovely too meet some new (or infrequent posters) mfcers too.

I was near to Nectar and Laurel in the middle just behing Olga and Tiibet. It was awesome. As people have said (and the pics show) Mika was just SO close. I hate it when Mika appears to be suffereing and he was holding his throat a lot:shocked:

But he was amazing. It was strange for him not to have a piano or keyboard of any sort.......but that meant that he was on the move all the time and it was great to watch.

I did think (or hope) that he would do more of the new stuff, but he is obviously saving that for when he starts touring. But what he did was great. Dr John was great and I simple love WAG live.

As ever, thank you to all the MFCers.....................I love getting together with you all.:wub2:

Edited by kath

I See You and Touches you are my favourites on there.

One thing I almost forgot in the queue, talking to Andy, we talked about his vocals on Touches You, and he said he does the ahhhhs on it, and he jokingly said it was a dunken hour in the recording studio, he didn't think he'd get a credit for it.:roftl:

Really? His name isn't credited for Touches You though just for Good Gone Girl. But that's hilarious anyway :roftl::roftl: Didn't know he could sing :aah:

WOW, this was insane. :roftl:

Thanks for all the reports, videos and pics! :huglove:

Did you meet Katia? She is a brazilian fan, she was with Olga.

She is so happy for her first Mika gig :wub2:

Yes, we did, she's adorable:wub2:

Really? His name isn't credited for Touches You though just for Good Gone Girl. But that's hilarious anyway :roftl::roftl: Didn't know he could sing :aah:

Is it GGG?

Even he thought it was Touches You:roftl::roftl::roftl:

WOW, this was insane. :roftl:

Thanks for all the reports, videos and pics! :huglove:

Did you meet Katia? She is a brazilian fan, she was with Olga.

She is so happy for her first Mika gig :wub2:

Yes we spent most of the day together, it was so lovely to see her enjoy herself so much!

WAG live is incredible. You feel more empowered when you hear it at a gig because you've got the energy and the atmosphere surrounding you, everyone feeling the same.

WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN! WE ARE GOLDEN!

Indeed:biggrin2::roftl::thumb_yello:

He is creditied for GGG on the Delux but Touches You on the standard version:shocked::roftl: Abby noticed that today. But clearly he SHOULD know which one it was!

Ah, so it's a faux pas by the printers then:thumb_yello:

WAG live is incredible. You feel more empowered when you hear it at a gig because you've got the energy and the atmosphere surrounding you, everyone feeling the same.

WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN! WE ARE GOLDEN!

That's very true. It's probably why I get so crazy when I hear it live. Me and Sara were really losing it at the Paul O'Grady show when he sang it. And that guy with the curly hair was just laughing at our little spectacle :roftl:

I forgot to add in my brief 'report'. Afterwards, I stood away from the line as I didn't want anything signing or anything. Someone (T something or other? - sorry, I don't know your name) asked me if I would take her camera and try and take a pic as Mika was signing for her. I said I would try so I ended up lerking near the taxi girl groupies although I was definatetly NOT with them:naughty:. When Mika came out I therfore ended up on his side of the barrier with John and the security. I fully expected to be moved on but when John looked questionly at me I just said 'I'm just taking pics':wink2:. So, I did.........I didn't overstay my welcome and moved on before someone helped me on my way:naughty:

That's very true. It's probably why I get so crazy when I hear it live. Me and Sara were really losing it at the Paul O'Grady show when he sang it. And that guy with the curly hair was just laughing at our little spectacle :roftl:

So was I, I was clapping so hard all the way through without stopping, I'm surprised they're not bruised. I wanted to get up and dance rather than just bum wiggle in my chair :roftl:

Edited by CazGirl

So was I, I was clapping so hard all the way through without stopping, I'm surprised they're not bruised. I wanted to get up and dance rather than just bum wiggle in my chair :roftl:

I just watched it tonight................Mika that is..........not you wiggling in your chair, they didn't show me that:naughty:

I heard you all though:naughty:

lol you could definitely hear us clapping! And towards the end when Mika (whispers in the recorded version) says "we are not what you think we are, WE'RE! We are not..." you can hear us there too LOL!

I was like, POWER TO THE MFC! :roftl:

CAROLINE

This is your year!!!!! You have been around mika so many times....

LONDON fans are sooo blessed and sooo lucky to get so much from MIKA!!!!!

And I love when you call him sir!!!!!

SO CUTE:wub2::wub2:!!!!

Lmao!!!

This is definitely my year!! And not just Mika wise :naughty: Things can only get better, if you ask me.

See my subheading above my avatar? I'm very grateful for 2009.

And it's very humbling that you're happy for me :blush-anim-cl:

Lmao!!!

This is definitely my year!! And not just Mika wise :naughty: Things can only get better, if you ask me.

See my subheading above my avatar? I'm very grateful for 2009.

And it's very humbling that you're happy for me :blush-anim-cl:

every deserves to be happy!!! And honestly, I just love watching when you meet him...it is really cute:teehee:

I want to dance next to these girls with a beer in my hand

:adminpower:

Can't wait to see that!!!

she was very drunk and threw up on a security guard lol.

OMFG! I never knew that:shocked:

:roftl::roftl: yes

they threw me out!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

What??!!!:blink:

Thank you once again to Kasia for kindly helping me out with travel and also for getting me a wrist band:wub2:.

As ever, thank you to all the MFCers.....................I love getting together with you all.:wub2:

Any time! And it was real pleasure meeting you!

I said I would try so I ended up lerking near the taxi girl groupies although I was definatetly NOT with them:naughty:. :

:roftl: That's just too funny!!!:roftl: They were very irritating though...