Mini MFCer on the way!!!!!

sunshine931

How cute and fascinating :wub2:

As for names I think Joséphine is quite classic, non? I'm a bit torn about it, as it was my great-grandmother's name. :roftl: But makes me think of Little Women and Dawson's creek, too. :biggrin2:

I like Océane, too. And Pénélope. And Zoé.

Hm, maybe I just have a thing for the acute accent :teehee:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite picky with names... I don't want it to be a very common name, meaning I don't want 3 other little girls in her class to have the same name as her... but at the same time I don't want it to be weird and have people pick on her because of her name... and I don't want it to be the name of somebody I know... regardless of of the fact I like the person or not...

I thought the same way when I was deciding names for our boys. But there are a lot of over 70 years old people who have the same name as my boys :biggrin2: In Finland Mika is a very common name for 35-40 years old :naughty:

This is a lovely thread! All names you are talking about sound so beautiful! :wub2:

I'm quite picky with names... I don't want it to be a very common name, meaning I don't want 3 other little girls in her class to have the same name as her... but at the same time I don't want it to be weird and have people pick on her because of her name... and I don't want it to be the name of somebody I know... regardless of of the fact I like the person or not...

Does the province of Quebec have a section of their vital statistics website where you can see a list of all the names given to babies in that province over the last year, and how many babies were given each name? I know Alberta does. I totally agree, having the same name as three other kids is SO annoying. That's why no one calls me Amanda unless they're pissed off at me. :teehee:

Here's a top 25 list from last year, at least:

http://www.todaysparent.com/pregnancy/becomingparent/article.jsp?content=20090122_153801_47732&page=8

Oh this is so cool. I was wondering how things were going with the little bambino. Glad to hear that all is well.

Yvette is my ex-mother-in-law's name and Vero, your bf looks exactly like my ex-husband. :shocked:

My mother-in-law's name is Yvette, too. :roftl:

• 4 weeks later...
January 14th, 2010

We have finally come to an agreement!! We have found a name we both like and are very pleased with it.

Our daughter will be named Rosalie :biggrin2:

A fine name it is too:wink2:

January 22nd, 2010

So my toes are slowly disappearing... I can still see the tip...

IMG_1104-1.jpg

But I still fit in my WAG t-shirt (and it's a small :mf_rosetinted:)!!! She is not what you think she is, she is GOLDEN, she is GOOOOOLDEN!!!!

IMG_1029-1.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

Going shopping for furniture and bedding tomorrow... can't wait!! :biggrin2: This is all becoming more and more real!! She likes to remind me everyday though that she's here... she kicks super hard now!! you can see my belly moving lolll! I think that's what I'm gonna miss the most about being pregnant: feeling my baby move inside my belly. There's no feeling quite like it!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so exciting! :biggrin2:

love the name! :wub2:

Rosalie Guylaine ... so pretty :mf_rosetinted::aah:

You need to do better than that. You're a mod, bribe her with some Mika goodies if she promises to give her daughter your name as a middle name:naughty:

Rosalie is a lovely name, Vero. You know the best thing about all this? This posting reports and updates for us? It's like a readymade pregnancy diary, and when your daughter is older you'll be able to show it all to her.

Unless of course you are actually keeping a pregnancy diary and that's where the reports for us are coming from, in which case you can just show her the original hard copy I guess.:naughty:

You need to do better than that. You're a mod, bribe her with some Mika goodies if she promises to give her daughter your name as a middle name:naughty:

Rosalie is a lovely name, Vero. You know the best thing about all this? This posting reports and updates for us? It's like a readymade pregnancy diary, and when your daughter is older you'll be able to show it all to her.

Unless of course you are actually keeping a pregnancy diary and that's where the reports for us are coming from, in which case you can just show her the original hard copy I guess.:naughty:

lol yes Guylaine, take advise from her! but seriously we french speakers in Québec don't have middle names... so she's just Rosalie :)

no I'm not keeping a pregnancy diary so I can defo show her this one... and introduce her to the MFC at the same time lol!

Aw...We Are Golden...who would have thought that would make an ideal maternity top! So cute. :biggrin2:

You look fabulous Vero and Rosalie is a lovely name.

Thx!! I say MIKA needs to start selling maternity wear and baby clothes lol! I still fit in the WAG t-shirt but it is kinda stretched on my belly and a little short in front.

Guest whalesfood
congratulations!! when are you due?!

i just saw you are due in may!! my best friend leo and his wife lei are due may 3rd!! they are having a son named gabriel jacob.

congratulations!! when are you due?!

Thx!! May 10th :)

oh i like the name Rosalie! and you look fab! :original:

I ADORE the name Rosalie!!!! :wub2:

You HAVE to be the MOST adorable pregnant woman EVER!!!! aaawww

A MFC baby is SO exciting!!!!

Aaww thx!!