REPORTS/PICS/VIDEO Mika @ Mediolanum Forum (Milan): 21 April 2010

dcdeb

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@suzie: i've been to amsterdam in 2008, which was quite huge... eye contact is still possible (maybe you won't notice if you're short sighted tho, lol! :naughty:), about the getting squashed see my last post... but yeah, you're right, you can see the whole set better from the back, and the thing that disturbs me most, if the stage is too high you might not always see mika. like in amsterdam, it had a little walkway, and this was blocking the sight to certain parts of the stage, or you might not see mika anymore when he's behind his piano, stuff like that.

i still wouldn't want to stand in the back though, as i like seeing mika's face expressions, gestures etc. not only on the videoscreens but "live", i want the eye contact, and especially i wouldn't want anyone to stand before me and blocking my sight. people never keep in exactly the same place all the time, so even if you're standing behind a small person first, there might suddenly be a 1,90m guy in front of you, or someone who keeps waving their arms in the air.

i had that in london when i was a BG - it was nice to see the whole set at once, which you can't from front row, it's ok for me to do that 1-2 times as i'm going to so many gigs... but as for the gig, i'd always prefer front row, it's just the best gig experience there imo, even if it has some disadvantages in huge venues. :wink2:

fab pix, t4p!:thumb_yello: still none of ida's costume though. :tears:

BUT... the setlist!! :biggrin2:

4542801334_8f5dac4e0a_b.jpg

wtf is "bugsy malone", after ggg? :blink:

edit: this song i guess?

- did he sing it? did they play it?

and interesting, the rain intro is called the "nightmare sequence"...

Edited by mellody

never cared less about eye contact, sorry, i really don't think this should be an x factor to decide where to stay..it's so subjective.

huge stages in huge venues are always set in a way that first row can fully see what happens on stage, and yes i think that a full view can be enjoyed from mid-lateral seats. even in a huge venue like yesterday's most of the people, thanks to mika's energy, could easily stand up and dance all the time.

so i really envied my friends and my son who were all comfortably seated, enjoyed a great view and could move as they wanted!

all this considered, i'll always fight to get first row in smaller venues and absolutely in acoustic gigs as last summer :thumb_yello:

@suzie: i've been to amsterdam in 2008, which was quite huge... eye contact is still possible (maybe you won't notice if you're short sighted tho, lol! :naughty:)

I have no problem with my eyes :eek:, I eat a lot of carrots..:naughty:.

I think you can basically feel Mika's eyes radiate within around 10 metres :mf_lustslow:, so if I am within that distance, that's fine with me...:das:

and the thing that disturbs me most, if the stage is too high you might not always see mika. like in amsterdam, it had a little walkway, and this was blocking the sight to certain parts of the stage, or you might not see mika anymore when he's behind his piano, stuff like that.

:confused:

so..... front row on high heels for arena gigs then....:biggrin2:

fab pix, t4p!:thumb_yello: still none of ida's costume though. :tears:

BUT... the setlist!! :biggrin2:

4542801334_8f5dac4e0a_b.jpg

wtf is "bugsy malone", after ggg? :blink:

edit: this song i guess?

- did he sing it? did they play it?

and interesting, the rain intro is called the "nightmare sequence"...

at least theres one w. her

4542811452_f1b827dffb_b.jpg

4542177811_f68e3eb731_b.jpg

never cared less about eye contact, sorry, i really don't think this should be an x factor to decide where to stay..it's so subjective.

true true... deep inside I was waiting for someone to persuade me that it's nor worth queuing at large venues :naughty:

yes i think that a full view can be enjoyed from mid-lateral seats...even in a huge venue like yesterday's most of the people, thanks to mika's energy, could easily stand up and dance all the time...

so i really envied my friends and my son who were all comfortably seated, enjoyed a great view and could move as they wanted!

yes, I think it is also country /culture specific. In my country people with seated tickets just want to sit still throughout the gig like they are in the cinema and get angry with people who stand up and try to enjoy themselves.. :sad:

toy boy, including all the talking! :mf_lustslow:

- picture quality is horrible, but you can hear very well what he's saying, so funny! :lmfao: ... they (david?) start playing the theme from the addams family :lmao:

and mika saying "you can take the idiot out of the small club, but you can't take the small club out of the idiot" - LOL, love that quote! :lmfao:

I love it how you, Nezza always catch photographers' attention. :wub2: you're so MFCish there in the front row.

Plus you're so lucky to be able to rest on that fence...:naughty: my elbows hurt for a couple of days after Vienna y'know? :blush-anim-cl:

Eheheheh, well, with an outfit like that... :naughty:

Fabulous!! :wub2: There were so many photographers!

they had to persuade you to be a BG? :blink: it's hard to believe that with so many people they couldn't find enough! :blink: or did they specifically want someone who had done it before? :wink2:

thanx for the quick report, lovely of mika bout the group pic, hehe! :naughty:

Well I said I'd do it if they were short because I didn't believe with so many people there that they would be, and then it turned out that they were. I didn't really mind doing it, so when they encouraged me to go back I thought, yeah, what the hell?

it didn't take much convincing tbh. :naughty:

A small report because everyone told everything :biggrin2:

The gig was EXTRA-GORGEOUS: the stage's new gadgets (LOVE the tree and the BIG toy boy!!!!), ...the "choreography"....the spaceman...everything was perfect!

Mika seemed REALLY happy and everyone in the crowd sang ALL his songs (except for Kick Ass that almost only me, Dani56, Mikabunny and Nezza sang :roftl:!) so he was really proud and excited!

I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of the show....:mf_lustslow:

I was in the 1st row...central position...great view...so I decided to enjoy the show and not take pics or vids. I've only filmed the spaceman.

VIDEOS are here :thumb_yello:

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTcqyFop2PY

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx-hnsdTRmQ

After the show I waited for Mika outside the venue and he signed my coke bottle (thanks Lillibeth for that!!! :wub2:), I gave him a small present and we chatted a bit. He was lovely and adorable as usual....:mf_lustslow:

Ok...I'm on cloud nine...and I don't want to come down :naughty:

I was REALLY sad for barcelona (which I've missed cause of the volcano), but now I feel less pain about that...because that show in Milan was absolutely AMAZING!!!!

I would like to thank again John and Robertina for the organization!Everything went smooth and we had a great position without run, fall or die :roftl:

special kudos to Dani56 and Sarina

I only say...thank YOU!!

Anyway....I must say again that MFCers are THE BEST as usual!!!YOU ROCK :punk::punk:

I was front row with Dani, Melissa (Mikabunny), and Sara (Sarina).

And we enjoyed that position :wink2:

Only one negative thing: I had some child behind me that screamed, pushed and hitted me all the time...:boxed:

Edited by Sarina