REPORTS/PICS/VIDEO Mika @ Mediolanum Forum (Milan): 21 April 2010

dcdeb

The gig itself was SPECTACULAR in the very sense of the term.

Everything for me was a big surprise as I didn't watched any video of any gigs before this one.

The scenography is a continuos changing of elements and settings, all helded by Mika's performance as a singer and as an actor!

It really was like partecipating in an opera and it became evident when the amazing Ida left everyone of us speachless and stunned in amazement listening to her assolo :shocked:

The whole band is like A multy-tasking bionic-person !:naughty: I mean they are SO connected with one-another and, above all, with the very Mr.M that you can't but just have the sense of the perfect unity seeing them perfoming!

I think Mika did Any Other World for us, 'cause he rememberd the great feedback he got last time in Bologna, so it was kinda a proof of it: you could clearly see it on his truly happy-excited smile on his face.

I also think that Ida's presence empowered Mika's voice prestation: he was very sonorous and not so much in falsetto but in throat and in head (dunno if you say it in English, anyway they are specific singing terms).

Oh, and I would suggest you the seated position for this kind of huge show, so you can have a complete view of the entire stage/scenography and enjoy the totality of the show.

he'd picked up that I was fluent in both English and Italian, and said that I spoke both languages perfectly and asked me how that was :wub2: I don't think my Italian's perfect for a second, but that meant a lot to me.

You're Italian IS perfect! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and I really enjoyed meeting you all again, MFCers! :wub2:

Edited by Piperita Patty

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, it's just a crappy camera. :teehee:

Oh, you and your camera did just fine! Grazie! :thumb_yello:

And you're up high enough that you can see the entire stage so clearly -- love

the face projected on the planet, just wish I could see Ida a little better. :wub2:

The gig itself was SPECTACULAR in the very sense of the term.

Everything for me was a big surprise as I didn't watched any video of any gigs before this one.

The scenography is a continuos changing of elements and settings, all helded by Mika's performance as a singer and as an actor!

It was really like partecipating in an opera and it became evident when the amazing Ida left everyone of us speachless and stunned in amazement listening to her assolo :shocked:

The whole band is like A multy-tasking bionic-person !:naughty: I mean they are SO connected with one-another and, above all, with the very Mr.M that you can't but just have the sense of the perfect unity seeing them perfoming!

I think Mika did Any Other World for us, 'cause he rememberd the great feedback he got last time in Bologna, so it was kinda a proof of it: you could clearly see it on his truly happy-excited smile on his face.

I also think that Ida's presence empowered Mika's voice prestation: he was very sonorous and not so much in falsetto but in throat and in head (dunno if you say it in English, anyway they are specific singing terms).

Oh, and I would suggest you the seated position for this king of huge show, so you can have a complete view of the entire stage/scenography and enjoy the totality of the show.

You're Italian IS perfect! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and I really enjoyed meeting you all again, MFCers! :wub2:

kewl Piperita Patty!

Great report!

I think Mika is a Rock Star now.:thumb_yello:

Here is Happy Ending posted by Puriomao88.

The audio is really decent & at the end it sounds like all 12,000 Mika Fans sing, "No happy ending!!"

Kudos Mika!!

That ending gave me goose-pimples and tears in my eyes! So impressive! thank you all for posting your reports and vids! Can't wait to go to his Amsterdam gig!

Quick report now, being written as i sit outside the dome soaking up the sun.

Ended up being a big girl again. Wasn't planning on it and initially said no. Excessive tiredness plus a bit of convincing from anna and john and i ended up corseted up again.

Watched the show from the seats and filmed a fair bit.

Fortune was there, posing in the wardrobe room while he painted a cross. Bless his handsome little heart.

Afterwards didn't meet mika til about 1am. Girl tried to block me out of the wardrobe photo cos i was next to mika so he pulled me really close and leant his head down next to mine. I gave him the belt and he really liked it. Then he stole my sharpie but i don't mind too much. Anna reckons he eats them, haha.

New show is amazing. Like REALLY amazing. The intro is brilliant. Filmed that plus ggg, any other world, dr john and some others i think. Blue eyes... Maybe something else too.

That's about it for now, thumbs sore from texting, ha!

Ended up being a big girl again. Wasn't planning on it and initially said no. Excessive tiredness plus a bit of convincing from anna and john and i ended up corseted up again.

Fortune was there, posing in the wardrobe room while he painted a cross. Bless his handsome little heart.

Afterwards didn't meet mika til about 1am. Girl tried to block me out of the wardrobe photo cos i was next to mika so he pulled me really close and leant his head down next to mine. I gave him the belt and he really liked it. Then he stole my sharpie but i don't mind too much. Anna reckons he eats them, haha.

New show is amazing. Like REALLY amazing. The intro is brilliant. Filmed that plus ggg, any other world, dr john and some others i think. Blue eyes... Maybe something else too.

Thanks for the quick report!

According to the part I highlighted: Well done, Mika! :thumb_yello:

Lookin forward to see this pic!!

Wow!

Exciting Jazzy!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Thank you it is the best thing next to being there.:thumb_yello:

they had to persuade you to be a BG? :blink: it's hard to believe that with so many people they couldn't find enough! :blink: or did they specifically want someone who had done it before? :wink2:

thanx for the quick report, lovely of mika bout the group pic, hehe! :naughty:

at first john came to look for bg/lg among the 150 numbered fans...if he could not find enough he would apply to the rest of people queueing at the main entrances.

but as it was a bit late already, he was clearly inclined to end the job as soon as he could, so i tried to find people in the 150, and i asked jaz, she had already done it, so i thought the staff and mama P would be glad to have a english speaker among the girls...anna seemed happy to have jazzy back on board, so! deal! jazzy was easily persuaded :naughty:

Here is most of Rain by Chiarasociaf:

A lot of the audience is singing Rain.

the audience sang their lungs out at every song really, even the new ones.

i was caught by surprise, all those people were mika fans! in Italy!

kudos to Universal and the good promotion they have made during the past months. there has been an evident upgrade in their efforts here, and the result was stunning last night!

oh my, seeing the audience from the back is something!!! :thumb_yello:

Jazzy!!!! :boing:

wow you seemed to have had a great time! Can't wait to see the photo! :wub2:

you lucky lucky girl!

:roftl:

12-1.jpg

I love pics like these: Mika and his foot :lmfao:

Thanks Deb!!! I was wondering where the photos were going to end up! Glad I'm looking happier than I did in the Vienna photos :teehee:

18.jpg

I love it how you, Nezza always catch photographers' attention. :wub2: you're so MFCish there in the front row.

Plus you're so lucky to be able to rest on that fence...:naughty: my elbows hurt for a couple of days after Vienna y'know? :blush-anim-cl:

the audience sang their lungs out at every song really, even the new ones.

i was caught by surprise, all those people were mika fans! in Italy!

kudos to Universal and the good promotion they have made during the past months. there has been an evident upgrade in their efforts here, and the result was stunning last night!

oh my, seeing the audience from the back is something!!! :thumb_yello:

There have been many Mika Shows I would have liked to have attended.

Milan last night looks absolutely amazing & I would have loved to have been one of the 12,000 Mika Fans there!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Edited by Kodes100

on a personal note i must honestly add that i won't try to be first rows in any other arenas or huge place. the audience was crazy, pushing and sneaking their way to the front all the time...it was madness.

I was not front row, but second, and me and lillibet were squeezed as lemons.

i'm seriously considering to swap my tickets with seated places in the next 2 gig i'll attend :blink:

but on the whole it's not a negative aspect, i know huge crowded gigs are like this :biggrin2:

on a personal note i must honestly add that i won't try to be first rows in any other arenas or huge place. the audience was crazy, pushing and sneaking their way to the front all the time...it was madness.

i'm seriously considering to swap my tickets with seated places in the next 2 gig i'll attend :blink:

but on the whole it's not a negative aspect, i know huge crowded gigs are like this :biggrin2:

which other gigs are you going to? :wink2: rome, and...? udine?

it's always more difficult in 2nd row though when people are pushing than it is in front row. if you're front row, you can breathe because you get air from the front, you have space in front of you for your arms, and you can hold on to the barrier if people try to push you aside. that's not really possible in 2nd row, so i guess i'd always prefer front row at the side to 2nd row if i want to avoid the pushing. normally at the side the pushing isn't that bad either. :wink2:

There are three reasons I can think of that makes me wonder if it is worth being front row at these arena shows...

To begin with, you have a huge stage that is obviously higher than at smaller venues and further from the audience so I wonder if you can still have eye-contact and / if you need to keep holding your head up to see what is happening. Secondly, I think the set is most enjoyable a bit further back, and finally, you might get squashed a bit more -although that depends on the venue...

Therefore, I would really like to hear the opinion of people who attended such gigs to reflect on this...

(There is a slim chance of me going to a show later on this tour and from the beginning I was thinking about standing further aback. Probably not seated tickets as I can't sit at pop/ rock gigs and often people think that a seated ticket means that everyone needs to sit down throughout the show.)