REPORTS/PICS/VIDEO Mika @ Mediolanum Forum (Milan): 21 April 2010

dcdeb

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can skip this one if you want!:naughty:

it was just amazing day in my queueing experience, for what my home gigs are concerned. :wub2:

i can honestly say now that, being John totally dedicated to MFC cause, things can only work right! even in huge venues like the one we went to yesterday.

it was sold out, 9000 tickets sold!

i came there at 12 and i was number 94!

i was a bit shocked, but happy at the same time.. ppl waiting there were almost NEW faces to me! this is a sign of success, Mika is being known by so many more people and part of those people love him so much to be there queuing to get a good spot very early.

But of course i was worried, such a huge place, 5 entrances and no support from the venue security boss...when i hinted at our numbering system he looked at me and said 'all nonsense, we are good at things like that, no one is going to get hurt'. i pointed out that that was not our aim..but he shunned me of course.

then John arrived, accompanied by the same security guy and he clearly ordered them how to deal with us, i was in charge of the job and thanks to dear friends who had given out numbers from the morning (special kudos to Dani56 and Sarina) i could start to organize myself and get the best out of it.

Security wanted 50 numbers to be in first, John said 200...then we found an agreement on 150. A fair number considering the first row could host 100 ppl the said! :shocked:

so i got the help of some more fans, coming from other forums too, WHICH IS PRETTY GOOD, and we started to move the 150 sheep :naughty: to a better place, in the shade, next to the restaurant and toilets. An amazing place to queue, i would have it 10 thousand times!

we were told to stay there and that security would give us bracelets to be easily recognized (they were numbered tickets in the end) just before being let in, half an hour before the rest of the audience, as John ordered.

So queueing was nice! everyone was happy!

then John came and picked BG and LG up, i translated instructions and i was promised 2 euros for my help :sneaky2: (normally BG/LG get 1 euro each) :roftl:

at the end we were let in 10 by 10 and i helped security to do this job too, cause it was my responsibility to make everyone behave, not run, not push etc etc...really everyone behaved, and eventually the security boss came to me and congratulated...he would never guess we would be so good! and of course he had to chew his hat :biggrin2:

the morals is that everything ends well, even in HUGE venues, if there's someone volunteering to work and if John helps :wub2:

the second is always positive, cause john is working for our comfort, now and for ever...the first is up to us! :thumb_yello:

i dont think the security guys were too happy of the m&g thing too, but john rocks, as always, and things went very smooth there too

this time it was real good and relaxed

thx for that too, mika :wub2:

you can skip this one if you want!:naughty:

it was just amazing day in my queueing experience, for what my home gigs are concerned. :wub2:

i can honestly say now that, being John totally dedicated to MFC cause, things can only work right! even in huge venues like the one we went to yesterday.

it was sold out, 9000 tickets sold!

i came there at 12 and i was number 94!

i was a bit shocked, but happy at the same time.. ppl waiting there were almost NEW faces to me! this is a sign of success, Mika is being known by so many more people and part of those people love him so much to be there queuing to get a good spot very early.

But of course i was worried, such a huge place, 5 entrances and no support from the venue security boss...when i hinted at our numbering system he looked at me and said 'all nonsense, we are good at things like that, no one is going to get hurt'. i pointed out that that was not our aim..but he shunned me of course.

then John arrived, accompanied by the same security guy and he clearly ordered them how to deal with us, i was in charge of the job and thanks to dear friends who had given out numbers from the morning (special kudos to Dani56 and Sarina) i could start to organize myself and get the best out of it.

Security wanted 50 numbers to be in first, John said 200...then we found an agreement on 150. A fair number considering the first row could host 100 ppl the said! :shocked:

so i got the help of some more fans, coming from other forums too, WHICH IS PRETTY GOOD, and we started to move the 150 sheep :naughty: to a better place, in the shade, next to the restaurant and toilets. An amazing place to queue, i would have it 10 thousand times!

we were told to stay there and that security would give us bracelets to be easily recognized (they were numbered tickets in the end) just before being let in, half an hour before the rest of the audience, as John ordered.

So queueing was nice! everyone was happy!

then John came and picked BG and LG up, i translated instructions and i was promised 2 euros for my help :sneaky2: (normally BG/LG get 1 euro each) :roftl:

at the end we were let in 10 by 10 and i helped security to do this job too, cause it was my responsibility to make everyone behave, not run, not push etc etc...really everyone behaved, and eventually the security boss came to me and congratulated...he would never guess we would be so good! and of course he had to chew his hat :biggrin2:

the morals is that everything ends well, even in HUGE venues, if there's someone volunteering to work and if John helps :wub2:

the second is always positive, cause john is working for our comfort, now and for ever...the first is up to us! :thumb_yello:

lovely report :bow::bow:

oh dear fan fellows..the show IS one f!cking good one!

the stage is a real surpise box...so many features and props Mika is using in this tour, it look like Le Cirque du Soleil to me :wub2:

the band is not only playing instruments and singing, they interact with the story board and with Mika all the time, and perfectly.

adding Ida to the show was a real pearl :wub2: she's not staying for many more gigs, cause she has to go back studying, mika told me, she's a serious singer :wink2:

in my opinion, everything worked, i could not spot any mistake or technical problem, the show flows as honey :mf_lustslow:

Mika sang as only he can sing, powerful and amazing voice he had!

the set list is always the same, no new songs added, but probably by the time, one foot boy and pick up off the floor do not fit the extreme bouncing rythm that he wants this tour to have. it's a dance gig, and slow songs are just there to let the audience breathe, but not for long! he did any other world, i see you and over my shoulder..and happy ending.

the rest can raise the dead from their grave, let me tell you!

he's an actor, performer, singer and dancer in his mikaish way...sweet and professional at the same time...and totally satisfied with what he's doing and the show he's put up...so no moaning please, this is Mika now, and for long.

i may feel nostalgic for a different kind of show, or for mika at the beginning, but i guess here is where he wanted to arrive, and a whole bouncing audience of 9000 is there to prove he's right!

Edited by robertina

Mika had something to do, probably also private commitments, and we waited for him to come out for AGES! more than an hour, i think.

we were organized in a long long queue of one person and believe me, we were many, too many...

i was waiting out of the line, cause i know how it works...lots of new fans wants to have autographs, and i don't need one, so i can just wait in a quiet place. He was smiling to anyone, happy and relaxed and not at all bothered by the late hour :shocked:

then i coud say hallo to him at the end of the line, i had the usual sweet shiny smile back, and it was alright :wub2:

he went away in a shiny white BWM with its reversable roof open, driven by jasmine, shouting out loud 'ciao bella!!!!'

can you believe it? as a playboy of the dolce vita!!!!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Update from Robster

Ida Falk sang Mozart's The Queen Of The Night (dream night half summer) before good gone girl

Fantastic

Hey!

this message was from me!!!

did you notice the grammar errors? Rob does not do grammar errors :roftl:

i recognize immediatly Mozart opera :clap:

the correct english title is "A Midsummer Night Dream"

i knew just the italian one Sogno di una notte di mezza estate :blush-anim-cl:

The show was great, despite the horrible acoustic that the venue offers.

Seriously the Miss Ida's moment was a big surprise and an excellent example of Deus ex machina.

But the real best moment of the night was when, after i was desperate because i have lost my car key, a man of the venue security, named Giorgio :wub2:, found them in the street :clap:

he went away in a shiny white BWM with its reversable roof open, driven by jasmine, shouting out loud 'ciao bella!!!!'

I can just picture it now :lmfao:

Great report, Robi. Thanks. :wub2:

oh dear fan fellows..the show IS one f!cking good one!

the stage is a real surpise box...so many features and props Mika is using in this tour, it look like Le Cirque du Soleil to me :wub2:

the band is not only playing instruments and singing, they interact with the story board and with Mika all the time, and perfectly.

adding Ida to the show was a real pearl :wub2: she's not staying for many more gigs, cause she has to go back studying, mika told me, she's a serious singer :wink2:

in my opinion, everything worked, i could not spot any mistake or technical problem, the show flows as honey :mf_lustslow:

Mika sang as only he can sing, powerful and amazing voice he had!

the set list is always the same, no new songs added, but probably by the time, one foot boy and pick up off the floor do not fit the extreme bouncing rythm that he wants this tour to have. it's a dance gig, and slow songs are just there to let the audience breathe, but not for long! he did any other world, i see you and over my shoulder..and happy ending.

the rest can raise the dead from their grave, let me tell you!

he's an actor, performer, singer and dancer in his mikaish way...sweet and professional at the same time...and totally satisfied with what he's doing and the show he's put up...so no moaning please, this is Mika now, and for long.

i may feel nostalgic for a different kind of show, or for mika at the beginning, but i guess here is where he wanted to arrive, and a whole bouncing audience of 9000 is there to prove he's right!

Happy to see that you enjoy the concert and the queue did well, I'm eager to see that...I haven't seen pictures or vids but it seems to be a really greeeat show :roftl:

Edited by laurence

Mika had something to do, probably also private commitments, and we waited for him to come out for AGES! more than an hour, i think.

we were organized in a long long queue of one person and believe me, we were many, too many...

i was waiting out of the line, cause i know how it works...lots of new fans wants to have autographs, and i don't need one, so i can just wait in a quiet place. He was smiling to anyone, happy and relaxed and not at all bothered by the late hour :shocked:

then i coud say hallo to him at the end of the line, i had the usual sweet shiny smile back, and it was alright

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Thank you for your reports :wub2: Everything sounds so huge and massive, but wonderful :mf_lustslow: I can't believe he is so grown up :shocked: I guess this has been his dream...

And amazing how everything worked so well with so many people, John is a star :wub2:

Thank you so much Robertina for your 3 reports! :flowers2:

I really enjoyed reading all of them (not only the m&g part :wink2:). Time and again I'm really touched and impressed by Johns efforts for us - our patient, friendly and humorous bastion of calm at every venue, no matter how tiny or huge it may be! :thumb_yello: I hope he never gets ill at a show date, we would be lost among the security army without him :wink2::naughty:

The show was great, despite the horrible acoustic that the venue offers.

Seriously the Miss Ida's moment was a big surprise and an excellent example of Deus ex machina.

But the real best moment of the night was when, after i was desperate because i have lost my car key, a man of the venue security, named Giorgio :wub2:, found them in the street :clap:

I hope Ida will be at the Paris gigs. I would so love to hear her sing Mozart! Must be breathtaking! Mika and Mozart in one gig - a dream coming true :biggrin2:

How amazing that you got your car key back at a venue this size... miraculously! :shocked: So glad for you!

no tiibet and no sariflor and no mellody...i'm afraid you'll be all video deprived :shocked:

i decided time ago never to take my camera anymore, it's only a hindrance and the results suck :teehee:

well i hope that there must've been at least someone of those 9.000 people filming! :aah: even if it wasn't mfcers *goes watching youtube*... :naughty:

loved your reports robi, especially the queuing one - john really is a star, he proved it at all the german + esp. the basel gig as well! :wub2:

now was ida wearing that blue dress or not? still don't have an answer to that... would make sense though, queen of the night and all...

really hope she'll be in paris! :wub2:

well i hope that there must've been at least someone of those 9.000 people filming! :aah: even if it wasn't mfcers *goes watching youtube*... :naughty:

loved your reports robi, especially the queuing one - john really is a star, he proved it at all the german + esp. the basel gig as well! :wub2:

now was ida wearing that blue dress or not? still don't have an answer to that... would make sense though, queen of the night and all...

Thats exaclty what I've been thinking. Someone must have been filming at least some of the songs:naughty:

Thanks for the reports everyone!!! It seems like it was an amazing gig.

I think Ida will be in Paris. She was there last year for both the Paris gigs of the acoustic tour.

yes yes sorry, it was that fairy blue gown, with glittering plantes foating around, then he strips it and she stays in a shorter one :thumb_yello:

oh yes, many filmed the show..but we have some quality directors here, and we'll miss them

(pls next time jump on that f!cking plane, don't mind me!:roftl:)

Thats exaclty what I've been thinking. Someone must have been filming at least some of the songs:naughty:

Thanks for the reports everyone!!! It seems like it was an amazing gig.

I think Ida will be in Paris. She was there last year for both the Paris gigs of the acoustic tour.

and milan too :wink2:

maybe she has something for shopping? :teehee:

hope so...

yes yes sorry, it was that fairy blue gown, with glittering plantes foating around, then he strips it and she stays in a shorter one :thumb_yello:

oh yes, many filmed the show..but we have some quality directors here, and we'll miss them

(pls next time jump on that f!cking plane, don't mind me!:roftl:)

pha, now i get blamed for listening to you! :shun::roftl: nah, had made the decision already before i read your post. :wink2: i would've gone by train, not plane... but it was too complicated with staying overnight and getting back.

oh wow that costume sounds fab, can't wait to see pix/vids of it! :shocked::fangurl: or even see it live in paris. if ida will join only for very few shows though, i wonder if they'll just leave it out for the other ones, or if they'll find another singer? it's strange that they make such an elaborate costume for only a few shows. although... they made a whole stage set for only ONE show at pdp, so who knows... :teehee: maybe they'll film one of the shows that includes ida for a dvd. i wouldn't be surprised if it was paris again (just that this time i wouldn't even mind :naughty:)... :fisch:

I've had like 2 hours' proper sleep, and I'm in the office, so this report's not as detailed as I'd like :wink2:

I'm so proud of my adopted country after last night, it was a wonderful thing to be a part of :wub2:

I rocked up around 8.30 after having to cross town in my gig outfit, made for some very amused looks from the commuters - completely understandable considering my outfit (I didn't have my boa on during my trip) :roftl: I was no.13 in the queue, which freaked me out a bit as a Brit, even though it's not unlucky in Italy! We had a nice place to queue, in the shade, we could sit - until they decided to move us to queue at the gates. We were in direct sun (I've got big white marks on my arms from where my bracelets were!!), and after a while I was starting to feel lightheaded and didn't know how I'd last til the end of the day. Then John came out, and Robi went over to sort things out. Thanks so much to her and everyone who volunteered to help to get everyone in numerical order back to where we were!! I was SO glad to get out of the sun!! Francesca rocked up late with our tickets (surprise, surprise...), but entering the venue was so organised, we all had a piece of paper with our number, we went in 10 at a time, it was great. I was front row with Dani, Melissa (Mikabunny), and Sara (Sarina). Dani sei mitica!!! :wub2: I had so much fun!!

Very random to have a rapper as a support act. I thought I'd only heard of him, but it turns out that I'd heard one of his songs on the radio the other week and I'd liked it! Cracked me up though when everyone cheered when he said that he'd reached the last song!!

The show is AMAZING. I absolutely love it!! Entering suspended from the ceiling in an astronaut costume!! I'd avoided reading anything about it, and had only had a moment of weakness when I saw a picture of the stage before the show on twitter from the Barcelona gig. Relax as the first song's better than Rain imo, then the next 3 songs were the same as the last gig I'd gone to, BG and SITM. Two BG legs - just shows how big the stage was!! AOW was absolutely amazing, I was actually properly crying at the end of it - as daft as it sounds!! It was just so emotional to have SO many people singing back to him, and he was SO happy, it was amazing to be a part of that! It was fantastic having Ida as a backing singer too, and I loved the little dance routines Mika, her, and Imma had going on. And she's got SUCH A voice!! Her operatic part at the beginning of GGG was amazing! And like Robi said, he's much more than a musician, there's so much to this show I think I'm still taking it all in! Loved what they've done to LT too, "killing" the band, us, and then himself, it's so dark! It went OFF during WAG, 12,000 people going bonkers to that, so much fun!! Toy Boy was hilarious again, that puppet really is legendary! He made a big thing of how it was supposed to look like him, I think there's a definite love-hate thing going on here ;) I went absolutely bonkers during Lollipop, as I always do as it's my favourite song, I was raving even during the bin-drumming! And then they put Kick Ass on, and the band were having proper fun - as well as the BGs, LGs, and the 2 boys (yes, boys!) obviously!

We waited AGES afterwards to meet him, we weren't sure where he would be coming out, but eventually we were organised into a single-file queue. It was way gone one when he did come out, but he was so happy and chatty! Probably from when I was attempting to do some translating - English into Italian at that time of the night after a day's gigging wasn't so easy!! - he'd picked up that I was fluent in both English and Italian, and said that I spoke both languages perfectly and asked me how that was :wub2: I don't think my Italian's perfect for a second, but that meant a lot to me.

I eventually got home around 3.30, and now I'm back in work today! Roll on Nice!!!

I can't believe how many photos I took (+140 :blink:), they probably won't be up before Friday night, I'm going to go straight to bed tonight :roftl:

Thank you very much for the reports of the Spanish, Italian and 'adopted Italian' (:naughty:) fans :thumb_yello:

It looks like similarly to previous ones, this tour is getting more and more amazing gig after gig and each show is slightly different.