REPORTS/PICS/VIDEO Mika @ Mediolanum Forum (Milan): 21 April 2010

dcdeb

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could write a proper report for this gig. :blush-anim-cl: It was just amazing and perfect! :swoon:

I want to thank Angy and Stefano for driving me to the venue. :wub2: I really had fun with them. Thanks mikasounds.com for giving me the chance to get to know them. :thumb_yello:

Ida didn't sing a Midsummer Night's Dream before Good Gone Girl. She sang the aria of the Queen of the Night from Mozart's Magic Flute. The Queen is very angry and she orders her daughter to kill Sarastro.

This is a performance with a very good singer:

I'm so happy he likes the Magic Flute, too. It's my favourite opera. :blush-anim-cl:

If nothing has happened to my camera since last night, I should have the whole part with GGG. I was waiting for that song and I heard the music at the beginning and I knew it was GGG, so I started filming.:wink2: Unfortunately one of the few people who knew the aria was behind me and she started to sing along. :sneaky2: I hope my video will be good. :sweatdrop:

I'm happy Ida was there. The songs were all very good, but they sounded even better with her. She looked more relaxed than during the acoustic shows. She deserved to be part of the band. :thumb_yello:

PS I had the feeling that Martin was having a great time. :roftl:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg here is Ida singing :wub2:

video posted by pastonepergalline

OMG! :shocked: that gives me goosebumps, LOVE it!! :mf_lustslow: just wish the video was longer and we could see more of the costume, arrgh! :aah: i SO want to see that live!!

does anyone understand in which language she sings? i never can make that out in opera singing... :teehee:

Ohhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I just woke up from a 24 hour daydreaming... *_*

I can write a proper report now, but soon I'll be at home and provide writing something decent... ;)

But...ilo was all perfect and....excellent! people, place, mika....music...

everything!

If I was in love with the MIKA-WORLD before...now...I'm totally insane!

p.s. I was also too happy to get to know many of you :*

Soon with the report...

xx

Ohhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I just woke up from a 24 hour daydreaming... *_*

I can write a proper report now, but soon I'll be at home and provide writing something decent... ;)

But...ilo was all perfect and....excellent! people, place, mika....music...

everything!

If I was in love with the MIKA-WORLD before...now...I'm totally insane!

p.s. I was also too happy to get to know many of you :*

Soon with the report...

xx

:bye:

i'm sorry we missed your flag :shocked:

OMG! :shocked: that gives me goosebumps, LOVE it!! :mf_lustslow: just wish the video was longer and we could see more of the costume, arrgh! :aah: i SO want to see that live!!

does anyone understand in which language she sings? i never can make that out in opera singing... :teehee:

Isn't it your own language? :blink:

I mean "old" German. XVIIIth century German. :confused:

does anyone understand in which language she sings? I never can make that out in opera singing... :teehee:

it is in German!! :roftl:

Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,

Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!

Fühlt nicht durch dich Sarastro

Todesschmerzen,

So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr.

Verstossen sei auf ewig,

Verlassen sei auf ewig,

Zertrümmert sei'n auf ewig

Alle Bande der Natur

Wenn nicht durch dich!

Sarastro wird erblassen!

Hört, Rachegötter,

Hört der Mutter Schwur!

it is in German!! :roftl:

Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,

Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!

Todesschmerzen,

Verstossen sei auf ewig,

Verlassen sei auf ewig,

Zertrümmert sei'n auf ewig

Alle Bande der Natur

Wenn nicht durch dich!

Sarastro wird erblassen!

Hört, Rachegötter,

Hört der Mutter Schwur!

Thanks. I'm glad you agree. :naughty:

I'm a freak, but I got very good marks when I passed my exams about the history of music. :roftl:

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could write a proper report for this gig. :blush-anim-cl: It was just amazing and perfect! :swoon:

I want to thank Angy and Stefano for driving me to the venue. :wub2: I really had fun with them. Thanks mikasounds.com for giving me the chance to get to know them. :thumb_yello:

Ida didn't sing a Midsummer Night's Dream before Good Gone Girl. She sang the aria of the Queen of the Night from Mozart's Magic Flute. The Queen is very angry and she orders her daughter to kill Sarastro.

This is a performance with a very good singer:

I'm so happy he likes the Magic Flute, too. It's my favourite opera. :blush-anim-cl:

If nothing has happened to my camera since last night, I should have the whole part with GGG. I was waiting for that song and I heard the music at the beginning and I knew it was GGG, so I started filming.:wink2: Unfortunately one of the few people who knew the aria was behind me and she started to sing along. :sneaky2: I hope my video will be good. :sweatdrop:

I'm happy Ida was there. The songs were all very good, but they sounded even better with her. She looked more relaxed than during the acoustic shows. She deserved to be part of the band. :thumb_yello:

PS I had the feeling that Martin was having a great time. :roftl:

More details, please? :teehee:

Looking forward to your vids! :thumb_yello:

like i said, i understand NOTHING of that opera singing, that's one reason why i never listen to opera, because i wouldn't understand the text even if it was in my own language! :lmfao:

i know that the original song is german, but that's what i was wondering, whether she sings the original german one, or another language. laura, so the girls behind you started singing that in german then? :blink: anyway, can't wait for your video of it! :fangurl:

Looking forward to your vids! :thumb_yello:

I'm uploading GGG atm. I guess it's the one everybody wants. :biggrin2:

As usual I was sitting a bit far from the stage, but the sound is not bad. The girl behind me was singing the melody, not the lyrics. (Thank God! :roftl:)

I can hear "Herzen" at the beginning, though. Am I wrong?

I really can't find the words to report about the whole gig. I will think about it.

Plus the music was really too loud, I got home half deaf and with a crazy headache. :tears:

The venue was more or less like the one in Basel, but it wasn't so loud there. :boxed:

Are you still at home? :blink:

like i said, i understand NOTHING of that opera singing, that's one reason why i never listen to opera, because i wouldn't understand the text even if it was in my own language! :lmfao:

I didn't understand anything, either, with the exception of Sarastro but I looked for the lyrics and could identify bits like 'meine'...etc...:naughty:

In the end you can hear that she sings it in german... sorry! I got used so much to the italian version...

Why do they sing it in Italian in Germany?:blink:

I think it is usually sung in German everywhere..

Thanks. I'm glad you agree. :naughty:

I'm a freak, but I got very good marks when I passed my exams about the history of music. :roftl:

It is so cool you studied music history. I wish I had courses like that at uni.

I only studied history of music at elementary school, till age 14 - obviously not in big detail, only the basics.

ah, thanx to the lyrics you posted i think i could figure out now what ida sings, it's this part:

Todesschmerzen,

she starts with the first line, and keeps repeating the last line. :wink2:

so basically she tells mika that he's not her daughter anymore. :lmfao:

Hey!

the message about the Queen of the Night was from me!!!

did you notice the grammar errors? Rob does not do grammar errors :roftl:

i recognize immediatly Mozart opera :clap:

the correct english title is "A Midsummer Night Dream"

i knew just the italian one Sogno di una notte di mezza estate :blush-anim-cl:

Ida didn't sing a Midsummer Night's Dream before Good Gone Girl. She sang the aria of the Queen of the Night from Mozart's Magic Flute.

:doh:

Yes, The Magic Flute!!!

Laura* is totally right.

I was thinking to the Magic Flute but the title that arrived in my mind was Midsummer Night's Dream. I need to sleep more, this week. :aah:

Anyway... was definitely the Queen of the Night and the detail of the title is not so important, since Mika, in a lot of interviews, always confuses the Barber of Seville with the Marriage of Figaro :roftl:

Maybe next gig he will perform Papageno role. He is already trained with pa pa pa pa of Grace Kelly :cool:

ah, thanx to the lyrics you posted i think i could figure out now what ida sings, it's this part:

Todesschmerzen,

:roftl::roftl:

they already play the last bit from one of Papageno's areas in Toy Boy....:wink2:

Yes, correct! And as Faballa pointed out ages ago, Dr John looks like a sort of Papageno! :wub2:

PS 10 minutes to go for my GGG video. Be patient, please!

oh dear fan fellows..the show IS one f!cking good one!

He's an actor, performer, singer and dancer in his mikaish way...sweet and professional at the same time...and totally satisfied with what he's doing and the show he's put up...so no moaning please, this is Mika now, and for long.

i may feel nostalgic for a different kind of show, or for mika at the beginning, but i guess here is where he wanted to arrive, and a whole bouncing audience of 9000 is there to prove he's right!

Thanks Robi!:thumb_yello:

Mika is a rock star!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Todesschmerzen,

what?:blink: thats hilarious:roftl:

cant wait to see laura's GGG vid:biggrin2: