REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Nice, France at Palais Nikaia - May 1, 2010

Fmbm

Thanks for the reports Ruth and Kath:flowers2:

and thanks Marina for the videos:flowers2:

I hadn't seen any of the reports or pictures from this show so I didn't know what to expect. I thought it was totally awesome. I love to see Mika in any show - large /small............I just love to see him perform. But in front of a large audience he is in his element. He was clearly really enjoying himself and I thought it was an amazing show. I just can't help turning round and marvelling at such a huge crowd enjoying watching him. It was a brilliant performance.

Totally agree with you Kath. I really love all of Mika's cocnerts large/small/acoustic....the performances are equally amazing, the feeling is the same but these huge shows where you can see the world of the songs coming to life are really special:wub2: I noticed in Paris too that he was clearly enjoying himself and you could see t at some points how touched he was by the audience's enthusiatic reaction.

Absolutely brilliant gigs:wub2:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:bye:

Unfortunately my connection keeps aborting, I think it depends on the modem; so atm I'm unable to upload my last 2 videos and can't read the forum or post properly.

I hope I'll be able to sort it out soon

Here I am :)

I succeeded in uploading all my videos at last!

here are the links to all them, I'm very pleased you enjoy them :cheerful_h4h:

Thanks hubby! :wub2:

Intro + Relax

still processing while writing

Stuck in The Middle

Any Other World with close ups

Funeral March + beginning of Love Today with close ups

Talking + Over My Shoulder with close ups

Good Gone Girl

Talking + La Solitude + Grace Kelly with close ups

Touches You

I'll catch up with the thread and post my report asap :)

a very clear audio of la solitude....:wub2:

Wow! Thank you Robi. :flowers2: This is quality stuff.

here is the audio file (I have cut out the girls screaming at the beginning :teehee:) :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bm8kxt

Let me know if it is loud enough...

Edit: Here is a louder version:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fm10j

Edited by suzie

here is the audio file (I have cut out the girls screaming at the beginning :teehee:) :

His voice is amazing ... sends shivers down my spine ... but ... I really don't like this song ... sorry ... don't shoot me ... as I know most seem to love it ... I just find it ... abit ... blah .... I wouldn't even listen to it ... except ... for his voice ... :aah:

I'd prefer to hear Toy Boy again ... or anything else at all .... :naughty:

you know laurel.....i love french chansonniers so much, and having mika sing one of their songs it's just heaven to me! :wub2:

I've never listened to any lol ... I don't even know any ... I really don't know who Barbara is - I've not even bothered to look her up ... which I normally do when he goes on about people ..... :blush-anim-cl:

His voice is amazing ... sends shivers down my spine ... but ... I really don't like this song ... sorry ... don't shoot me ... as I know most seem to love it ... I just find it ... abit ... blah .... I wouldn't even listen to it ... except ... for his voice ... :aah:

I'd prefer to hear Toy Boy again ... or anything else at all .... :naughty:

I actually understood the song when I searched for the lyrics and put them into google translate. :wink2: -...... I suddenly felt like Robi... :tears:

I think the song is hearbreakingly sad ( or melancholic, as Mika would call it :teehee:)

I can't get enough of it

:swoon:

I would LOVE him to sing more French chansons. Or Italian songs (from Paolo Conte for example). There are so many good ones that would suit him really well:blush-anim-cl:

Edited by suzie

agree suzie! :thumb_yello:

as i wrote...a limited edition cd for the french market, just covers of such songs. i would do anything to have it :wub2:

Can't you get it then ... is it very expensive ... I'm sure some of the Frenchies would help you out :thumb_yello:

Ok, so finally I have something to actually review, this Nice gig was my first and the only downside is that I want more! I'm finally back home after a 14 hour flight but with lots of great memories.

I couldn't queue or enter the venue till they opened the boxoffice that's where my ticket was, but luckily I was able to see everything very well because I was taller than most of the girls in front of me, so it really wasn't a problem.

The opening band I think was amazing, I wish I'd understand french!

And when the show began, even with the pushing and all I felt in awe, not only because I was finally there, in a place I normally only get to see trough you tube but because the scenario, the music and the performance were surreal, I love the way this gig was conceived, from the intros to the wardrobe and the best of it was the energy from the crowd.

You see, over here I'm the only one I know who actually know these songs, so being in a place so huge with so many people sharing the same excitement as me, and singing all together was breathtaking.

There were some girls next to me screaming a little but nothing too aweful.

I specially loved the intro to Good Gone Girl, it blew my mind, she was impecable in every way!!

The emotion of the crowd during Dr. John and Rain was incredibly contagious.

I loved that he did Touches you, it is one of my favorites!! Yei!!

The vocal performance of Happy Ending was also marvelous, but then again when isn't his voice marvelous...

In all it was an spectacle well worthy of all the troubles I faced to be there, and I'll be back as soon as I get the chance, this time knowing how everything works so I can assure myself a spot in firsts rows.

The concert left me in such a good mood I still look at the pictures on my camera and smile like a fool.

Then after it was over I went backsatge for the meet and greet!

There were other people there waiting for him, John asked us if we wanted anything signed and I gave him an Imaginarium Tour book I just bought outside, minutes later he brought it back signed. Then I sitted on the floor with my MFC friend that help me through all of this and we waited.

Luckily not so long, he talked and took pictures with the people waiting for him and with a couple with the cutest little girl, really the cutest, Mika hold her for the picture with such care.

And the he got to us, John told him I was there because of my video, he told me to remind him how it started, I told him and he said it was good and thanked me for making it.

Then I told him where I was from and for some reason I told him I got lost in Nice and some other stuff I don't remember really, I gave him a little present he asked if he could open it soon, I said of course, it's yours now and then was picture time.

It seemed like he is an expert on doing this, before I knew it I just had to smile for the picture he was already by my side posing.

Then he talked to my friend and before he moved on to the next persons he shook my hand told me that it was nice meeting me, I told him that the next time he'll have to come to travel to see me because I wouldn't be back anytime soon so he said it's a deal and then waved bye bye.

So he was very very nice and payed attention to my everything I said I just hope I look good in the picture, after all the sweting and jumping aroud I must have been a total mess, I haven't seen it yet because my friend took it and haven't send it to me yet.

I do have a couple of videos and pics, not that great becasue my camera is kind of old but really don't know where to upload the pictures and as soon as I can I'll upload the few videos to you tube, I only got to film I see you and some intros, oh and the fake shooting to the band part, I loved how iMMa fell!!

So that's my review, I'm still happy of the journey and all it implied, it was a truly amazing experience. :thumb_yello:

Nanni ... glad to read your review ... happy to hear you had such an amazing time ... :thumb_yello:

Mika is a diamond ... he always knows how to put people at ease .... Really hope you get to see him again soon ... but what an amazing first experience :wub2:

Awwww, thank you!!!!! It's lovely :wub2::wub2::wub2:

agree suzie! :thumb_yello:

as i wrote...a limited edition cd for the french market, just covers of such songs. i would do anything to have it :wub2:

It would be :swoon:

Ok, so finally I have something to actually review, this Nice gig was my first and the only downside is that I want more! I'm finally back home after a 14 hour flight but with lots of great memories.

I couldn't queue or enter the venue till they opened the boxoffice that's where my ticket was, but luckily I was able to see everything very well because I was taller than most of the girls in front of me, so it really wasn't a problem.

The opening band I think was amazing, I wish I'd understand french!

And when the show began, even with the pushing and all I felt in awe, not only because I was finally there, in a place I normally only get to see trough you tube but because the scenario, the music and the performance were surreal, I love the way this gig was conceived, from the intros to the wardrobe and the best of it was the energy from the crowd.

You see, over here I'm the only one I know who actually know these songs, so being in a place so huge with so many people sharing the same excitement as me, and singing all together was breathtaking.

There were some girls next to me screaming a little but nothing too aweful.

I specially loved the intro to Good Gone Girl, it blew my mind, she was impecable in every way!!

The emotion of the crowd during Dr. John and Rain was incredibly contagious.

I loved that he did Touches you, it is one of my favorites!! Yei!!

The vocal performance of Happy Ending was also marvelous, but then again when isn't his voice marvelous...

In all it was an spectacle well worthy of all the troubles I faced to be there, and I'll be back as soon as I get the chance, this time knowing how everything works so I can assure myself a spot in firsts rows.

The concert left me in such a good mood I still look at the pictures on my camera and smile like a fool.

Then after it was over I went backsatge for the meet and greet!

There were other people there waiting for him, John asked us if we wanted anything signed and I gave him an Imaginarium Tour book I just bought outside, minutes later he brought it back signed. Then I sitted on the floor with my MFC friend that help me through all of this and we waited.

Luckily not so long, he talked and took pictures with the people waiting for him and with a couple with the cutest little girl, really the cutest, Mika hold her for the picture with such care.

And the he got to us, John told him I was there because of my video, he told me to remind him how it started, I told him and he said it was good and thanked me for making it.

Then I told him where I was from and for some reason I told him I got lost in Nice and some other stuff I don't remember really, I gave him a little present he asked if he could open it soon, I said of course, it's yours now and then was picture time.

It seemed like he is an expert on doing this, before I knew it I just had to smile for the picture he was already by my side posing.

Then he talked to my friend and before he moved on to the next persons he shook my hand told me that it was nice meeting me, I told him that the next time he'll have to come to travel to see me because I wouldn't be back anytime soon so he said it's a deal and then waved bye bye.

So he was very very nice and payed attention to my everything I said I just hope I look good in the picture, after all the sweting and jumping aroud I must have been a total mess, I haven't seen it yet because my friend took it and haven't send it to me yet.

I do have a couple of videos and pics, not that great becasue my camera is kind of old but really don't know where to upload the pictures and as soon as I can I'll upload the few videos to you tube, I only got to film I see you and some intros, oh and the fake shooting to the band part, I loved how iMMa fell!!

So that's my review, I'm still happy of the journey and all it implied, it was a truly amazing experience. :thumb_yello:

Good for you Nanni_ella!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Your report sounds wonderful!

Thanks Mari, i am crying, Barbara was a lady , very melancolic but i love her for a long time.

If you have the occasion to hear" Ma plus belle histoire d'amour , c'est vous" ( my most beautiful love story, it's you), you 'll cry too.

Mika could sing it .

hey, I was wondering did you make it and how did it go, so I'm really glad to read your report and to see everything went well and that you feel it was worth it! :biggrin2::thumb_yello: And that last sentence of quote is exact description of me after his concert too :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Oh, right. Well it was cancelled. Back in February; they sent e-mails cancelling both flights. And the links to ask for a refund or a transfer didn't work. And when I e-mailed them, they said not to send e-mails as they were busy! But then the details came up on my My Easyjet page. And I got an e-mail telling me to check in on line. So I did. And I got out to Nice so I (wrongly) assumed that I'd get back. But there was NO flight. And I think I was the only person to turn up at the airport. The girl at the desk looked stunned! I got to phone home from the desk too. And I didn't even think about getting weepy; does that mean I'm growing up?

Oh! I see. What a bugger. Yes indeed, you did very well.................what a real grown up you are.:thumb_yello: Well done :huglove:

Thanks for your reports Kath and Ruth ! :thumb_yello:

Mine is VERY brief but Ruth's is so comprehensive that I didn't need to add much.:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports Ruth and Kath:flowers2:

and thanks Marina for the videos:flowers2:

Totally agree with you Kath. I really love all of Mika's cocnerts large/small/acoustic....the performances are equally amazing, the feeling is the same but these huge shows where you can see the world of the songs coming to life are really special:wub2: I noticed in Paris too that he was clearly enjoying himself and you could see t at some points how touched he was by the audience's enthusiatic reaction.

Absolutely brilliant gigs:wub2:

I totally agree Louiza. Brilliant - the whole experience.:biggrin2:

Thank you for the reports Ruth ... Kath ... can't wait for Amsterdam now ... so excited ... I so want to see this show for myself ... not long now :wub2:

Thanks Laurel, no, not long now :thumb_yello:

Hope it is a s fabby as Nice was .:biggrin2:

Nanni - lovely to read your great report. I am so pleased that you had such a fantastic time.

Oh, right. Well it was cancelled. Back in February; they sent e-mails cancelling both flights. And the links to ask for a refund or a transfer didn't work. And when I e-mailed them, they said not to send e-mails as they were busy! But then the details came up on my My Easyjet page. And I got an e-mail telling me to check in on line. So I did. And I got out to Nice so I (wrongly) assumed that I'd get back. But there was NO flight. And I think I was the only person to turn up at the airport. The girl at the desk looked stunned! I got to phone home from the desk too. And I didn't even think about getting weepy; does that mean I'm growing up?

Ruth, your reports did made me smile! I thought it was just me who attracted chaos and disaster at every available opportunity!

So... it was 7 km to the airport was it? Oops. Someone's not going to be a happy bunny. I seem to recall mentioning the words "five minutes walk" to a certain someone :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Ruth, your reports did made me smile! I thought it was just me who attracted chaos and disaster at every available opportunity!

So... it was 7 km to the airport was it? Oops. Someone's not going to be a happy bunny. I seem to recall mentioning the words "five minutes walk" to a certain someone :roftl::roftl::roftl:

:wags_finger: Tut tut. But you are forgiven this time. :teehee:

:lmfao:

We ended up walking to our hotel when we left yours, as we couldn't find a cab, and we must have easily walked for over an hour :aah:. At a good pace too.

And this was around the airport :roftl:.

Oooopsie :teehee: