MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Oh, sorry I didn't specify! XD it's not the Heroes by Mika, it's Heroes by David Bowie! Because of the link between Bowie and Berlin (his famous Berlin trilogy) :) Sorry for the misunderstanding, my fault!

Ps anyway, I don't think that Morgan could be able to sing Heroes by Mika, it's too high for him ;)

:blush-anim-cl: All MIKA songs will be best performed by the man himself, imo:wub2: When I saw the tracklist for TOOL, I was a bit surprised about "Heroes" - cause in a way David Bowie "owes" this songtitle for ever, and like you, I get goosebumbs every time I hear it, and it has been hundreds since it came in the seventies :fisch: I think it's the best Bowie song ever. That said, I do love MIKA's "Heroes" - and it's terrible that it has got so little attention and credit :doh: MIKA's "Heroes" would be perfect in a film-serie about all the conflicts and wars still going on - on our poor planet...:mf_rosetinted:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl:All MIKA songs will be best performed by the man himself, imo:wub2: When I saw the tracklist for TOOL, I was a bit surprised about "Heroes" - cause in a way David Bowie "owes" this songtitle for ever, and like you, I get goosebumbs every time I hear it, and it has been hundreds since it came in the seventies :fisch: I think it's the best Bowie song ever. That said, I do love MIKA's "Heroes" - and it's terrible that it has got so little attention and credit :doh: MIKA's "Heroes" would be perfect in a film-serie about all the conflicts and wars still going on - on our poor planet...:mf_rosetinted:

Love,love

me

Oh yes absolutely! I was just being a little bit mean to Morgan :teehee: Because he has what I call the "smoker voice", and therefore it is not suitable for songs with high notes. With Bowie's songs it works very well, but then I imagined him singing Heroes by Mika and I couldn't help but mentally laugh :naughty:

I've translated the video of Mika's choices!

VIOLETTA

M: You are a very interesting singer. But it is difficult for me, because your musical style, discographically, is a challenge. It is important that I can imagine your performance without a ukulele... Do you understand?

V: Yes

M: With a style... I don't know. It is important to develop... [he says “developpare” instead of “sviluppare”]

V: “sviluppare”

M: yes, thank you. [they laugh] I want to do this bet with/on you, it is a yes.

V: Thank you so much!

M: Sorry for my Italian! My sh**y Italian! I can't talk!

V: Thank you so much

M: Thank you! Brava, ciao! I am more nervous than [her/them, I don't know what he says!]!

V: I'm going crazy! For me this that Mika has given me is a great bet, and I will try with every means to show Mika and...that I can do it.

VALENTINA L.

V: Arrived at this point I feel like I deserve this place. I think I have something inside that other people don't have. I only care about what I communicate, I don't think I have a better voice than anybody.

M: Hello! How are you?

V: Well, a little bit nervous.

M: What do you think of this experience?

V: It think it has made me grow up a lot from a “human”, personal point of view. And now I'm just anxious!

M: Everything is new. Your voice is not a voice that you can hear in every part of a city, no, it is a very special voice, but you have to learn more and develop a style and... the future for you is very interesting but now, now this adventure finishes here for you.

V: Wel.... Thank you anyway. Of course I'll try again, so...

M: Okay? Till next time, in the future. Ciao!

V: I feel still small [she means young] and not ready yet. Because however I think the tv world is not easy and I think that you also have to know how to defend yourself. I mean, I'm feeling bad because I love singing, for that, but it's just a … an egoistical side. But... I can improve, I can try again and this helps me.

GAIA

Violetta: I think Gaia should make it because she's good and she has a lot of personality and she deserves it.

M: Your voice is... a beautiful voice. With a very interesting timbre... but without a really strong technique. Your look is a rather sophisticated look....yes?

G: It is thought.

M: But this scares me a bit, because I want to know if the look is more important than the voice technique, than singing, than music... I want to know if... I'm afraid that you like your style more than music.

G: I am like this, just like you see me.

M: I think that vocally...I... absolutely... want you to come on the XF stage with me.

G: You can't say it like this!!

M: Absolutely, in my team, I am … [she hugs him]

G: It's not right! That's a bad [joke?]! That ain't right, at all!!

M: I need you... I need you! We have to work together

G: Okay!

M: With tight dresses!

Violetta: Well of course she can be a tough rival... but... may the best win in the end.

G: I think this moment is... that ball I'm bringing inside my stomach that suddenly bursts, really. And in this moment everything I have inside can come out, I am really sure. This is a beautiful thing!!

ROBERTA

M: How are you?

R: Well.

M: And today?

R: It was beautiful. A lot.

M: For me your first performance during the first audition was a beautiful performance. You sang naturally.. but, I made a joke about your surname, but after you sang, all the people were completely [drops his jaw]. Me too. I don't want to do a joke again, now. This adventure of XF finishes here. [she starts crying] … I've been in the same situation for many years. Even today I have situations where people tell me “no”... I don't change this! [i'm not sure what he means, I think he wanted to say that this doesn't change him but I'm not sure]. Okay?

R: Okay.

M: Thank you so much for everything.

R: Thank you!

R: He's been... He told me beautiful words... That everybody has always told me...

M: This is not the first time for her. This is horrible.

R: I never make it, so probably I don't deserve it enough! I don't know... One day that door will open.

CHIARA AND VALENTINA

C: The longest walk of my life!

M: Still smiling! Always! Okay, now it's the moment because there's only one place left. When you [Valentina] sang at the Bootcamp I really liked it. Today... The performance wasn't as good as for example the one at the Bootcamp. You [Chiara] are 16... you are young! Completely young, completely new in this experience, it is a new experience for you right?

C: Yes! Yes...

M: But I think this experience is too new for you in this moment. For this I tell you know, I tell you that your adventure finishes here with XF, but the adventure with your voice, a beautiful voice, and your energy, a completely fantastic energy, it doesn't absolutely end! I am sure. Okay? Thank you so much for everythin.

C: Thank you!

V: Thank you so much!!

M: I didn't say anything!!

M: now I'm alone. I'm alone in my house. My huge, bad house, without people.

C: Anyway, I hope I.... I have to breathe!

[Girls scream]

M: Ssh!

:)

Thank you so much Teresa!!!! These girls sound so mature even they are so young. And Mika is so incredibly senditive with them :wub2: He is exactly how I expected him to be... I felt bad Roberta didn't make it. Not sure who is my favorite now. i will watch more clips tomorrow, can't do it tonight. In the beginning I liked one of the groups too (Ape).

VIOLETTA

M: You are a very interesting singer. But it is difficult for me, because your musical style, discographically, is a challenge. It is important that I can imagine your performance without a ukulele... Do you understand?

M: With a style... I don't know. It is important to develop... [he says “developpare” instead of “sviluppare”]

M: Thank you! Brava, ciao! I am more nervous than [her/them, I don't know what he says!]!

V: I'm going crazy! For me this that Mika has given me is a great bet, and I will try with every means to show Mika and...that I can do it.

VALENTINA L.

V: Arrived at this point I feel like I deserve this place. I think I have something inside that other people don't have. I only care about what I communicate, I don't think I have a better voice than anybody.

V: It think it has made me grow up a lot from a “human”, personal point of view. And now I'm just anxious!

M: Everything is new. Your voice is not a voice that you can hear in every part of a city, no, it is a very special voice, but you have to learn more and develop a style and... the future for you is very interesting but now, now this adventure finishes here for you.

V: I feel still small [she means young] and not ready yet. Because however I think the tv world is not easy and I think that you also have to know how to defend yourself. I mean, I'm feeling bad because I love singing, for that, but it's just a … an egoistical side. But... I can improve, I can try again and this helps me.

GAIA

Violetta: I think Gaia should make it because she's good and she has a lot of personality and she deserves it.

M: Your voice is... a beautiful voice. With a very interesting timbre... but without a really strong technique. Your look is a rather sophisticated look....yes?

M: But this scares me a bit, because I want to know if the look is more important than the voice technique, than singing, than music... I want to know if... I'm afraid that you like your style more than music.

M: I think that vocally...I... absolutely... want you to come on the XF stage with me.

Violetta: Well of course she can be a tough rival... but... may the best win in the end.

G: I think this moment is... that ball I'm bringing inside my stomach that suddenly bursts, really. And in this moment everything I have inside can come out, I am really sure. This is a beautiful thing!!

ROBERTA

M: For me your first performance during the first audition was a beautiful performance. You sang naturally.. but, I made a joke about your surname, but after you sang, all the people were completely [drops his jaw]. Me too. I don't want to do a joke again, now. This adventure of XF finishes here. [she starts crying] … I've been in the same situation for many years. Even today I have situations where people tell me “no”... I don't change this! [i'm not sure what he means, I think he wanted to say that this doesn't change him but I'm not sure]. Okay?

R: He's been... He told me beautiful words... That everybody has always told me...

R: I never make it, so probably I don't deserve it enough! I don't know... One day that door will open.

CHIARA AND VALENTINA

M: Still smiling! Always! Okay, now it's the moment because there's only one place left. When you [Valentina] sang at the Bootcamp I really liked it. Today... The performance wasn't as good as for example the one at the Bootcamp. You [Chiara] are 16... you are young! Completely young, completely new in this experience, it is a new experience for you right?

M: But I think this experience is too new for you in this moment. For this I tell you know, I tell you that your adventure finishes here with XF, but the adventure with your voice, a beautiful voice, and your energy, a completely fantastic energy, it doesn't absolutely end! I am sure. Okay? Thank you so much for everythin.

[Girls scream]

Thank you :huglove:

@Teresa Thank you for the translation!

I'm so upset that Roberta was left behind :tears: I liked not only her voice, but her personality as well.... I know exactly whom I would throw out instead of Roberta :huh:

me too...I like her voice and her personality..I don't know why he didn't choose her, I can't figure it out :dunno:

I would not of chosen the Ukulele girl.

What was he saying to them when he came into the waiting room?

Whoever does his hair for these shows should be hired full time.

:thumb_yello:

My choice from the beginning has been Valentina, I'm glad she got to the finals :biggrin2:

In my opinion, I completely agree with the choices of Mika, I think Gaia is fantastic :wub2: she has an amazing voice too and I like your sophisticated style, is a difficult phase, my favorite is Valentina, but I would buy an album of them, both singers are amazing :thumb_yello:

VIOLETTA

VALENTINA L.

GAIA

ROBERTA

CHIARA AND VALENTINA

[Girls scream]

Thank you for the translation.

You're all welcome, but there's no need to thank me! :) I do really enjoy translating, especially if it is Mika talking, it really is a pleasure ;) problem is don't have enough time. But for his choice at the Home Visit I was so overwhelmed by the sensitivity and intelligence with which he dealt with those girls, (especially Roberta), and the things they all said, that it would have really been a shame if not everybody could see it! :)

@Katydid : he said he was very unsure, that he was very glad to have that category but that it was a very tough decision, and he told the remaining 3 girls to give their best because he was really unsure :)