REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Amsterdam @ HMH - 7 May, 2010

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention in my report: Fortune was also backstage in the HMH. Some of us saw him, he was staring at us:biggrin2:

He was looking gooood:wub2:

Really? He was in Milan too. He should be preparing for end of year exams...unless he's pulled a Mika and dropped out.

Mrs P must be SO proud. :naughty:

I can't say I didn't try: being an experienced and well-travelled rock chick I really did my best to brainwash my lovely babes ... it was working quite fine ...

and then Mika came along ...

and boy, my house was a-blast day in day out with sugary bubblegum pop at full volume ... So when I accidentally stumbled upon tour dates I sent old Mr Claus a message and two tickets 'arrived' for the concert in Amsterdam. The music blared on ...

Then the show got postponed ... and the music blasted on and this mum started to listen to some of the lyrics ... and this mum thought, ' okay this ain't too bad'.

Then it got to be 7 May 2010 ... show time! Mum picked up babes from school at 4 pm and after an epic train journey got to the HMH at 5.30-ish

I had no idea what to expect. I had expected dressing up and was pleased to see the wonderful costumes (although unfortunately, my boy chickened out in the end). Before writing on, I want to complement the security and fans for running the Q well and making sure there was no running/pushing so we could walk in (and hide our little stools hihi). I also have to say i witnessed the hassle with the girl in the wheel chair and was proud of the fans who were trying to help her; looks like you guys have a great community going! I'm really happy that she got to meet and greet (I didn't get involved as I was trying to hide the stools I had been warned about but still smuggled in, sorry)

We ended up 2/3 row on the left/middle of the stage (and myself behind that seeing I only went for the kids). It was a long wait for the children but I was pleased that I had accidentally chosen the right side of the stage (I had wanted to be on the side where Mika would play the piano) when they took off the sheets.

And then the whole show thing started. Mika arrives in a space suit ... it was one big long panto the beautiful costumes, the set, the non-story line, quality (I repeat QUALITY) singing but without the naff jokes ...

I admit it: I screamed like a teenager, partied like a mad hatter and disappeared in a world of fantasy for an hour or two - I utterly lost my cool! I happen to think toy boy is a real gem and was really sad he didn't play it ... UNTIL the ENCORES yeehaa!!!!! Hats off to MIKA. You blew me away ...

BUT better still: My little boy (9, with wild red curls, coz that's the way MIKA has his hair) did not once pump his fists, didn't jump (couldn't really, the stool might have collapsed) but I could see the back of his head bobbing and I KNOW he sang along with every single song, every single word (sorry for the girls on the left and right of him). He talks about nothing but moments from the show and recalls every minute of it over dinner, before bed ...

My girl (12, the quiet one) screeched, whooped, sang, laughed, (carefully) danced and declared 2 seconds after the show, 'this has been the BEST ever thing EVER in my life!' apologies too to the peeps next to her ... she too sang every word!

It was a gift to see my children experience a concert I am sure will stay with them for always. It wasn't their first (yeah, I did 'drag' them to a rock concert here and there already ...) but this was THE momentous one. This was the one where you KNOW ... that thing you need to know about yourself. I saw my first concert at 15 and I knew my life had changed forever. My children got an experience last week that profoundly moved them and I will never forget the sheer bliss in their eyes. A mum's gotta love her babes and all this mum ever wanted was for them to experience the power of music the way I did ... MIKA gave them that gift.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

oh yes

i can see mika as a gift giver :wub2:

the gift for music first of all!

thanks, i loved your report!

Really? He was in Milan too. He should be preparing for end of year exams...unless he's pulled a Mika and dropped out.

Mrs P must be SO proud. :naughty:

I would imagine on the days between shows, he's got his head in the books.:naughty:

Whoops, forgot what I came in here for - video links!

Blue Eyes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIJd1vcy3X0

Good Gone Girl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPQ3duF5RY

Happy Ending - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFg0QyY2mFs

Ingie and Freddie Kicking Ass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICv_A299s34

Mika's Murderous Rampage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8JMte0u9jw

I would imagine on the days between shows, he's got his head in the books.:naughty:

Yeah but you need to ATTEND lectures. There's shedloads of group work at uni and if you don't show up then you get no marks for any group projects and if he's not there on an assignment deadline he'll most likely get a zero.

I'm not sure Mrs P would be letting him run around Europe if he was coming up to his exams. He seems to have a job on the tour now, but I dunno. It's not really any of my business. I just think it'd be funny if both the boys dropped out and the girls were all perfect. :biggrin2:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/6694821/__Mika_de_weg_kwijt_in_Amsterdam__.html?sn=prive

<<translate.google.com>>

<<processing>>

Mika lost in Amsterdam

LONDON (hihi lol :teehee:)- The concert singer Mika last weekend gave the HMH, started too late. He had become lost during a quest for a Woonwinkel (furniture store) on the Prinsengracht.

The AD reports that the singer had just set off and soon became completely lost. His phone was empty and he could not find losrijdende (free) taxi. Eventually, someone called him a taxi, but the Amsterdam traffic was such that he was far too late in the HMH was. According to his many fans made the spectacular show anything but okay.

Too late? He started 21:00, right on time :thumb_yello:

Funny google: Amsterdam is translated by London :naughty:. I didn't change that in the translation.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/6694821/__Mika_de_weg_kwijt_in_Amsterdam__.html?sn=prive

<<translate.google.com>>

<<processing>>

Funny google: Amsterdam is translated by London :naughty:. I didn't change that in the translation.

Is that why we didn't get let in until 7?

Fancy going shopping, on the day of the show:naughty:

And some more dutch not-MFC reports. They're all positive, I posted everything I found. You translate it yourself, so you can laugh. Or just look at the pictures :roftl:

http://www.ze.nl/uitgaan/Groot-Mika-feest-in-de-HMH/2529/

http://www.nufoto.nl/zoeken/?q=Mika (photo's with small reports)

http://www.muziek.nl/page/magazinedetail/Concertverslagen/17155/Concertverslag-Mika-in-de-HMH (good report including setlist)

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2243302/mika-kleurt-netjes-binnen-lijntjes-in-amsterdam.html

http://www.3fm.nl/nieuws/detail/345261/Hoe-was-3FM-Presents%253A-Mika%253F

:thumb_yello:

There's a review in the Utrecht part of the AD newspaper about the gig. It is reasonably positive and it says that Mika was delayed since he got lost in Amsterdam, trying to find his favorite furniture shop by his own :teehee:.

Then he couldn't find a cap and but a lady in a cafe helped him to get one. He didn't have enough money for the taxi but I'm sure John took care of that :naughty:.

Did anyone else read reviews in newspapers about the gig?

<<translate.google.com>>

<<processing>>

That made me giggle :naughty:

Maybe we should give him a map of Amsterdam if he comes to there again. The show started on time, but if he ever want to see something here again before a gig, he will be there on time.

That's why don't get lost in strange cities.

That made me giggle :naughty:

Maybe we should give him a map of Amsterdam if he comes to there again. The show started on time, but if he ever want to see something here again before a gig, he will be there on time.

That's why don't get lost in strange cities.

That requires being able to read one:naughty:

When it said his phone had run out, did that mean his battery was flat?

Fancy going off out, without a fully or at least partially charged battery!:teehee:

Fancy going off out, without a fully or at least partially charged battery!:teehee:

...Do you remember who this Mika fellow is? Tall, curly hair, yeah?

You do? Oh good, well this is HIM we're talking about. :aah:

Yes, his battery was empty.

Just bought the AD to read the whole artikel.

At the end they wrote: the highlight was in the closing song: a buried under a balloon version of Lollipop. For Mika himself broke the party apart when he was back in his favorite part of The Netherlands: the Amsterdamse Jordaan. ''There I know lots of fun pubs. With who I go? Alone. At least then you meet new people.''

I hope the translation is understandable.

But does this mean he went to pubs after the gig? Because he looked so tired and the next night he had a gig in Luxembourg.

But if it is true, we know what we have to do after a next Mika gig in Amsterdam. Gonna party in the Amsterdamse Jordaan. Maybe we will run into Mika then :naughty:

...Do you remember who this Mika fellow is? Tall, curly hair, yeah?

You do? Oh good, well this is HIM we're talking about. :aah:

Yes, sorry, momentarily forgot who we were talking about for a second there!:naughty:

At the end they wrote: the highlight was in the closing song: a buried under a balloon version of Lollipop. For Mika himself broke the party apart when he was back in his favorite part of The Netherlands: the Amsterdamse Jordaan. ''There I know lots of fun pubs. With who I go? Alone. At least then you meet new people.''

But does this mean he went to pubs after the gig? Because he looked so tired and the next night he had a gig in Luxembourg.

But if it is true, we know what we have to do after a next Mika gig in Amsterdam. Gonna party in the Amsterdamse Jordaan. Maybe we will run into Mika then :naughty:

If he did go, he sure as heck wasn't alone!

Christian Laboutin and Andy were with him, at least they followed him out when he did the M&G.

There's a review in the Utrecht part of the AD newspaper about the gig. It is reasonably positive and it says that Mika was delayed since he got lost in Amsterdam, trying to find his favorite furniture shop by his own :teehee:.

Then he couldn't find a cap and but a lady in a cafe helped him to get one. He didn't have enough money for the taxi but I'm sure John took care of that :naughty:.

Did anyone else read reviews in newspapers about the gig?

that made me laugh!!!!!!!!:lmfao:!!!!

aww mika!!:wub2:

Just had a quick read up about that place. Anywhere that has a pub, with a drink called a Rose Without Thorns, just has to be checked out!:teehee:

Next time I'm over there:wink2:

Do you remember 2008? Mika had a new song called 'rain'. After that we had rain for weeks.

:badmood:

When Mika did some tv and radioshows in december 2009 he did 'let it snow'. After that we had a terrible snowy mess for weeks.

:shocked:

I suggest our weatherman Mika should write a song about SUN. Or cover 'let the sunshine in'. Especially with all these outdoor festivals coming up it's a good idea.

:groupwave:

if he sings about sunshine we will probably get a major heat wave :teehee:

<<translate.google.com>>

<<processing>>

:roftl: That made me giggle. Sounds so *Mika* to me :aah:

edit: and I see, google translate thinks Amsterdam's the new London?! :naughty: