The Codes and the Points.

CazGirl

<ORIGINAL POST DATED 20th JUNE>

Okay guys, on a more slightly serious(ish) note...

As some of you may know/remember, I spoke to Andy at Sadler's Wells about what the codes mean.

He said he wasn't *entirely* sure, but said they were on the lines of "points"...y'know like in Supermarkets you can points? Andy said the more active you are as a fan, the more points you gain. Like, if you gain enough points, you can get something small like a Mika Pen or perhaps even a gig at your house (at which point I just went silent, stared at him agog, and was like, "are you serious...?" lmao :roftl: but apparently Mika also said this in Milan, so there has to be some truth in it? Or an exaggerated truth? :roftl:)

Anyway, I was just wondering...how many points were the tickets? or the EP? And how many points do we need for each item? What items ARE there, even??? :blink:

--------------------------------------------

The Mika's Magic Numbers program is happening! Got questions? Read below! :biggrin2:

:Update:

PLS. CHECK YOUR MAGIC NUMBERS PROFILE PAGE ON MS.

PUSH MANAGEMENT HAS ADDED THEIR FAQ. TO READ IT, CLICK HERE.

BESIDES, DO READ CAREFULLY THE 'TERMS AND CONDITIONS', THE ADOBE DOCUMENT AVAILABLE ON MIKASOUNDS at the end of the Magic Numbers News.CLICK HERE TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Code System FAQs

Q: Where do I find my codes?

A: If you ordered concert tickets on the Songs for Sorrow tour, your email confirmation notice should have had a code at the bottom, one for each ticket you purchased. For t-shirts bought at gigs during the Songs for Sorrow tour, you should have received a little card featuring a printed code with your purchase. For physical discs - including both DVDs, LICM, and the physical Songs for Sorrow CD - you can insert the disc into your computer's disc drive and be rewarded with points that way.

Q: Do I get points for merch (e.g, t-shirts) and/or tickets that I bought before 2009? Apart from CDs and DVDs, that is?

A: No, it doesn't seem so.

Q: Do I get points for my singles, either on CD or on vinyl?

A: Nope, not at this point anyhow.

Q: How do I validate the CDs and/or DVDs that I've already purchased?

A: Go to http://www.mikasounds.com and click "log in." Once you're in, there should be a box on the right side above your avatar that reads "Your Magic Numbers." Click that link.

From there, you should be taken to a page with a button that reads "Validate More!" Click that button.

You'll see a list of the different items that can be validated. Click on whichever applies to you - in this case, a CD or DVD. Then select the specific title you're trying to validate. Take the same CD or DVD, and put it into your computer's disc drive.

This screen should look like this:

Click here for image of what the screen should look like

If it does, click "OK". It should validate your CD. If it works, you'll get a message saying "Congratulations! You have successfully validated..." and then the title of the CD or DVD.

Q: What if it doesn't even get to the screen you show above?

A: That means your computer's copy of Java is likely outdated. First, log out of Mikasounds. Go here, and download and install the latest version of Java. Then close all your browser windows (any internet windows), reopen your internet browser, and then try again.

Q: And if that still doesn't work?

A: Are you using Internet Explorer? You can try restoring your copy of Internet Explorer to it's original, default settings. To do this:

• Open Internet Explorer
  • Click on the "Tools" menu item
  • Select Internet Options
  • Click on the tab that reads "Advanced"
  • Near the bottom, there should be a button that reads "Reset..." Click that.

Be warned that while this will restore your settings and may allow you to redeem your codes, it will change whatever homepage (start page) you've set up back to the default page.

Q: I validated a CD/DVD/ticket code, but my points balance stayed the same. What's going on?

A: Sometimes the system can take up tp 48 hours (two days) to update your points balance. Check back in two days and see if it's been updated. It seems points are awarded for comments immediately, but points for uploads (pictures and videos) are delayed until the pics/vids are approved.

Q: My CDs were validated, but my DVDs won't work! What's up with that?

A: Are you sure your disc drive is capable of reading DVDs? Try playing the DVD as though you were actually going to watch it. If that doesn't work, you won't be able to validate your DVD in that particular disc drive.

Q: I have two copies of Life in Cartoon Motion. Can I validate them both?

A: No, it seems we only get credited with points once per CD/DVD, no matter how many copies you have.

Q: I'm at a certain reward level! Where is my reward?

A: If you look on your Magic Numbers reward page, there should be a section called "Downloads." All the content you've earned, including songs, videos, wallpapers, etc. should appear there.

Good luck!

Edited by lollipop_monkey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, on a more slightly serious(ish) note...

As some of you may know/remember, I spoke to Andy at Sadler's Wells about what the codes mean.

He said he wasn't *entirely* sure, but said they were on the lines of "points"...y'know like in Supermarkets you can points? Andy said the more active you are as a fan, the more points you gain. Like, if you gain enough points, you can get something small like a Mika Pen or perhaps even a gig at your house (at which point I just went silent, stared at him agog, and was like, "are you serious...?" lmao :roftl: but apparently Mika also said this in Milan, so there has to be some truth in it? Or an exaggerated truth? :roftl:)

Anyway, I was just wondering...how many points were the tickets? or the EP? And how many points do we need for each item? What items ARE there, even??? :blink:

I don't even really know why I'm asking, no-one's gonna know

Okay, so everyone....SPECULATE!!

No need to speculate :naughty:, Mika told us about this in Milan.

He said a similar thing to what Andy told you: that anything that you buy (and then he added 'do') gives you like fake money, which you can then use to get special things, and when I asked (joking) if it was a private gig, he said: "ONE private gig!! there will be one living room gig", but that this would cost tons of points.

Anyway he said that it was all being figured out so we had to be patient (as usual) and that this was a new thing, bla bla....

I don't even really know why I'm asking, no-one's gonna know :lmfao:

Okay, so everyone....SPECULATE!! :yay:

Well, the card I got with buying the ep (at the gig), mentioned 2000 points. As far as I know, everyone got the same card, and I think everyone got the same amount? This could be different though, not too sure about that.

What the tickets concerns, well, the mail just mentioned the code, not the amount of points... But surely it would be more than the amount you got for the ep? I think we'll know about the points, as soon as there's some new merch on the site. I think you'll get points when buying things from his website.

All I can say is: people who went to a lot or/ all the gigs of this tour are on a good track of winning that livingroom gig :biggrin2: It's a bit of a shame though, I won't be able to buy from that website (creditcard situation) but okay, I hope the amount I've got will be enough for something :naughty: It'd be such a shame to let those points go to waste.:teehee:

No need to speculate :naughty:, Mika told us about this in Milan.

He said a similar thing to what Andy told you: that anything that you buy (and then he added 'do') gives you like fake money, which you can then use to get special things, and when I asked (joking) if it was a private gig, he said: "ONE private gig!! there will be one living room gig", but that this would cost tons of points.

Anyway he said that it was all being figured out so we had to be patient (as usual) and that this was a new thing, bla bla....

I just wanna know what other stuff there is, how many points I've already got, how we can keep track of it, how much these cost etcetc lol... :naughty:

i wonder if we can pool our points together and get a private mfc gig :fisch:

You know that I've been thinking the same thing :aah: It just says livingroom gig right, it doesn't say how many people may be in that livingroom...

So, who's got a big house over here?:mf_rosetinted:

You know that I've been thinking the same thing :aah: It just says livingroom gig right, it doesn't say how many people may be in that livingroom...

So, who's got a big house over here?:mf_rosetinted:

We thought of renting out a s****y apartment and getting him to play there, after pooling our points :naughty:.

That's what I was thinking lol :naughty: and does it HAVE to be a house? what if someone rents a community theatre or something for the evening? :blink:

We thought of renting out a s****y apartment and getting him to play there, after pooling our points :naughty:.

That's what I was thinking lol :naughty: and does it HAVE to be a house? what if someone rents a community theatre or something for the evening? :blink:

Loving the ideas people! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Why did it star my word out?

It was s w a n k y. That's not a bad word?? Or am I getting the word wrong? :roftl:

It was s w a n k y. That's not a bad word?? Or am I getting the word wrong? :roftl:

No you got the word right. But it includes the word ****, which is obviously a baaad word.

Go on to Mikasounds forum. You can post rude words to your heart's delight there!

Oh at first I thought something else, but, if you just google that word, the first hit would explain why it's ****:roftl:

edit: I noticed they're expanding the MS shop btw, I'm probably late at noticing but hey :teehee:

No you got the word right. But it includes the word ****, which is obviously a baaad word.

Go on to Mikasounds forum. You can post rude words to your heart's delight there!

Tested and tried eh, Babs? :roftl:

i don't get this... everyone has their codes and points except for me? :boxed:

Did you go to a gig? Did you order the EP? If so, you would have got a code in your confirmation e-mail.

No-one has got their points yet.

mellody posted a pic of the card in the Berlin reports thread

:shocked:

is it ok if i start crying now?

what should i do...email sandbag? yell at the post office that they took it from my pack? :boxed: help? :sad:

i don't get this... everyone has their codes and points except for me? :boxed:

Did you go to a gig? Did you order the EP? If so, you would have got a code in your confirmation e-mail.

No-one has got their points yet.

There was no code in the EP confirmation email but there was in the tickets emails as far as I know.