• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we organise a person to be the arranger and holder of details? We can all do our own thing, and will, but I see value in having a single person as fount of all knowledge.

There's lots of stuff we could have centrally, like:

Who's coming and how many extras and for how long

Who's staying at the hostel and how long

Who wants to be met at trains and airports, and when/where

Phone and mobile numbers and emails

Themes and special effects - what to wear, what to carry (flashing lights, posters, flags?)

Meet-ups planned - time, location, attendees

This thread and the Aussie thread are going to have a lot of people posting about their planned activites, but when Chickadee's (sorry!) plane will arrive late, and the people who were going to meet her will instead be at the sudden secret Mika meet (very sorry, Chickadee!) maybe there should be one person who does not have their mobile turned off while they ignore all incoming calls?

That's an extreme example, but we do seem to have a number of young people who's relatives might like to be reassured that there's some structure and planning going on!

I'm not a born organiser and I don't like mother-henning, so if some-one else is and likes it, please volunteer. Otherwise, I suppose I'm nominating myself, just so it happens. I feel there is a need for it to happen.

What do you all think?

Can we organise a person to be the arranger and holder of details? We can all do our own thing, and will, but I see value in having a single person as fount of all knowledge.

Themes and special effects - what to wear, what to carry (flashing lights, posters, flags?)

This thread and the Aussie thread are going to have a lot of people posting about their planned activites, but when Chickadee's (sorry!) plane will arrive late, and the people who were going to meet her will instead be at the sudden secret Mika meet (very sorry, Chickadee!) maybe there should be one person who does not have their mobile turned off while they ignore all incoming calls?

That's an extreme example, but we do seem to have a number of young people who's relatives might like to be reassured that there's some structure and planning going on!

I'm not a born organiser and I don't like mother-henning, so if some-one else is and likes it, please volunteer. Otherwise, I suppose I'm nominating myself, just so it happens. I feel there is a need for it to happen.

What do you all think?

I think it's a good idea.

And :tongue2:

Just for your information, I'm considering taking a coach :shun:

:roftl::biggrin2:

Thanks! I'm sure we will.

The bitterness is fading slowly

Good to hear! :naughty:

What do you all think?

I thought that's what I was doing :blink:...

If someone else wants to do it, that's fine by me, but that's what I thought I would be doing as the Aussie rep...

Good to hear! :naughty:

I thought that's what I was doing :blink:...

If someone else wants to do it, that's fine by me, but that's what I thought I would be doing as the Aussie rep...

:wub2:Excellent! It's all yours!:wub2:

!:blush-anim-cl:(Bows, and departs stage left with alacrity)

(Claps and cheers from offstage!!!:thumb_yello:)