Hello tell me about your experiences with MIKA

VanessaBMujaes

hI! i´M PRETTY new in this fanclub, I´m from CHILE . as you know MIKA have never been here :boxed:

So, I would like to hear you personal experiences with MIKA, :wub2:

In the concerts, if you ever have met him, Whatever talk me about him !!!!Best regards MIKA LOVERS AND,

NICE TO MEET YOU :biggrin2:

XOXO :teehee:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mika hasn't been to my country either :teehee: so i travelled to Australia to see him. What can I say about Mika that hasn't been said before? He is a total and complete gentlemen, he was so tired you could see that he wasn't thinking straight yet he gave me 15 seconds of his time after his concert in Sydney last year :wub2:

I have him a painting i had done and he put his hand on my shoulder and thanked me for it. The 'mika' person I talked to the most was his mum, though, and she is flamboyant and amazing and oh so kind, she was incredilous that i had travelled so far to see her son :wub2:

Oh Amazing, you´re such a lucky girl, jajja I am not surprised about Mika´s mom because lebanese people are warm and very caring with their love ones. I know because I´m also a lebanese descendant, :mf_lustslow:

DoES Mika enjoy arabian food? jejjeje I bet he does :wub2:

lOVE :biggrin2:

I'll tell you of my experiences with Mika.. some of them have been face to face, others are a little different.

I first met Mika in 2007 when he first came to Australia for a concert. I waited for him near the stage door so I got to see him before he went in. I didn't say much, but I managed to ask for an autograph and picture, and i videoed some of the meeting.

Then last year, I ended up in hospital after having 2 strokes. He tweeted me and said that he hoped I got better. A few days later, I got a large bunch of flowers from him and a card from him saying get well soon. :wub2:

In November, I managed to go to his concert in Sydney (with racinghorse83). I said hello to him backstage, then at the meet and greet I managed to talk to him again.

After I explained who I was and than he'd sent me flowers (he eventually remembered that I was sick) I said thank you for the flowers. He asked how I was now, and I said I was a lot better than I was a few months earlier (I could hardly move my arm and leg), and I then asked for a hug, and he said okay. :wub2: So I not only got to talk to him, I got a hug as well!

He is so lovely, and very sweet. I would love to talk to him again, but I have nothing else I want to say to him!

[COLOR="Blue"]Oh my god! Awesome experience, receive flowers from MIKA!!! :mf_lustslow:OUTSTANDING!!! It is a prove of how a wonderful human being MIKA is

I´m happy that you´re OK now.

Thanks for sharing your precious memories with me!!!

A kiss:wink2:[/color]

I'll tell you of my experiences with Mika.. some of them have been face to face, others are a little different.

I first met Mika in 2007 when he first came to Australia for a concert. I waited for him near the stage door so I got to see him before he went in. I didn't say much, but I managed to ask for an autograph and picture, and i videoed some of the meeting.

Then last year, I ended up in hospital after having 2 strokes. He tweeted me and said that he hoped I got better. A few days later, I got a large bunch of flowers from him and a card from him saying get well soon. :wub2:

In November, I managed to go to his concert in Sydney (with racinghorse83). I said hello to him backstage, then at the meet and greet I managed to talk to him again.

After I explained who I was and than he'd sent me flowers (he eventually remembered that I was sick) I said thank you for the flowers. He asked how I was now, and I said I was a lot better than I was a few months earlier (I could hardly move my arm and leg), and I then asked for a hug, and he said okay. :wub2: So I not only got to talk to him, I got a hug as well!

He is so lovely, and very sweet. I would love to talk to him again, but I have nothing else I want to say to him!

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT A FLOWER FROM MIKA?????

WTF?WHO ARE YOU?YOU ARE SOO FREAKIN' LUCKY!

ps.:I hate you:aah::aah:

Oh goodness, that's not nice. :lmfao:

I never know what to say in threads like this because it sounds like you're rubbing it in to people who have never met Mika before.

But he's given a lot of people some very special moments, even people who don't get to see him very often. I hope you guys get your chance soon.

Oh goodness, that's not nice. :lmfao:

I never know what to say in threads like this because it sounds like you're rubbing it in to people who have never met Mika before.

But he's given a lot of people some very special moments, even people who don't get to see him very often. I hope you guys get your chance soon.

Every Mika moment is special. However brief it is... :wub2:

... six days. *sigh*

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm you must take into consideration what happened to Nico though .. did you read what happened to her?

I know your post is just ......waghhhhhhhhhh you got whatttttttttt ... but it kinda reads icky .. even though I know you dont mean it :wink2:

strokes !! hope you a lot better nowadays

and MIKA is really really sweet.... flowers.... and a card....

MY MIKA experiences.....hmmmmm

seen him once singing 20m away from the stage... like a dream... not real...

that's all...... :mf_rosetinted:

You stuck it out through the hard time.:tears:

Are you ok now? I hope you getting better..take care dear! :huglove:

oh mika....how sweeeeet you are.....

He is a very likable thoughtful nice guy. I'm falling in love you again :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, I think DuMIKA , didn´t want to offend anybody, but I guess in a forum You have to be careful with the words you are using.

A kiss

Keep telling your marvelous stories!!!:thumb_yello:

Yes,sorry guys.I didn't mean it like that.I mean yes,you're very very lucky!I think it's a good thing,when people tell their stories.I'm very jelaous:naughty:

:penguin:

Kisses

Oh my god! Awesome experience, receive flowers from MIKA!!! :mf_lustslow:OUTSTANDING!!! It is a prove of how a wonderful human being MIKA is

I´m happy that you´re OK now.

Thanks for sharing your precious memories with me!!!

A kiss

I'm very lucky... Honestly, I didn't really expect him to do something like that for a fan, especially someone he wouldn't have remembered.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!

ps.:I hate you:aah:

Yeah, I did... I'm only a very lucky fan, no-one special... :blush-anim-cl: I did have to get very sick to get those flowers though...

Oh goodness, that's not nice.

Oooooh, I hope I didn't come across as if i was rubbing it in that I've had those sort of Mika moments...

Just say what happened...

Hmmmm you must take into consideration what happened to Nico though .. did you read what happened to her?

I know your post is just ......waghhhhhhhhhh you got whatttttttttt ... but it kinda reads icky .. even though I know you dont mean it

Awwwww Freds... :huglove:

Seeing as you've brought it up...

It all started with me having very bad headaches, and I ended up having two strokes, one on either side of the brain. I was having seizures and lost movement in my right side. I think the day after I was admitted (Sunday) my right side was affected, and I couldn't write very well, and my speech was affected.

I asked my sister to tell people on here what had happened, and then people then started to tweet Mika, who then tweeted me (using my real name, dunno how he remembered it cause they never mentioned it in the tweets!). Then he asked Blue Sky for my address so he could send flowers, and she got my sister's address. Blue Sky passed it on to Mika, who then ordered the flowers and they arrived on the Tuesday (I think)... I never in amillion years imagined that he would send flowers to a fan...

strokes !! hope you a lot better nowadays

and MIKA is really really sweet.... flowers.... and a card....

MY MIKA experiences.....hmmmmm

seen him once singing 20m away from the stage... like a dream... not real...

that's all......

Oh yes, I'm much better now! My right arm is still a little weak and it gets tired quickly, but I can still use it so I am grateful for that. I still have some problems with my thinking, but I manage pretty well with any problemes i have. When people look at me, they can't tell that I've had 2 strokes.

That's still pretty special, I would love to be that close to Mika while he was performing!

You stuck it out through the hard time.

Are you ok now? I hope you getting better..take care dear!

oh mika....how sweeeeet you are.....

He is a very likable thoughtful nice guy. I'm falling in love you again

I sure did... I really am okay! Like I sait to Yuna, I still have the occasional problem but I can do pretty much anything I did before, except maybe a bit slower than before..

And those flowers were enough to turn me back into a fangirl again! :wub2:

Yes,sorry guys.I didn't mean it like that.I mean yes,you're very very lucky!I think it's a good thing,when people tell their stories.I'm very jelaous

Kisses

That's okay! It's understandable to be jealous of other people's experiences with Mika. I get jealous of people who can chat to Mika without any problems.. I can't do that, I get too nervous!!!

Okay, here's the flowers that Mika sent to me...

DSC01253.jpg

And here's the message on the card:

DSC01257.jpg

As much as I love Mika for doing this, I'm never getting that sick again!!!

Thanks again for being gererous with us!!! Beautiful flowers, Mika is really a sweet person :wub2: I can´t beLieve there are people who hate him and even do a web group to offend him :sneaky2:

But, obviusly there are a huge quantity of people whose love him so much!!

Nico: SURE MIKA´S love helped you to recovery!!! Great You´ve been brave

A Kiss

Thanks again for being gererous with us!!! Beautiful flowers, Mika is really a sweet person :wub2: I can´t beLieve there are people who hate him and even do a web group to offend him :sneaky2:

But, obviusly there are a huge quantity of people whose love him so much!!

Nico: SURE MIKA´S love helped you to recovery!!! Great You´ve been brave

A Kiss

I can't believe people can be that mean either, but I guess that no matter what we say to defend him, they will always hate him.

Oh, he did! I knew I had to get better just in case he came back to Australia cause i knew I had to be at the concert in the front row!

I missed out on being front row, but I got to dance on stage during Big Girl, and it was amazing watching Mika and the band from backstage and from on stage! :wub2:

Okay, here's the flowers that Mika sent to me...

DSC01253.jpg

And here's the message on the card:

DSC01257.jpg

As much as I love Mika for doing this, I'm never getting that sick again!!!

That's awesome. I don't think there is ANY other popstar who would send flowers to one of his fans. :wub2:

And sorry for a dumb question, but what exactly is a stroke? :blink: My english is not that good..

That's awesome. I don't think there is ANY other popstar who would send flowers to one of his fans. :wub2:

And sorry for a dumb question, but what exactly is a stroke? :blink: My english is not that good..

That's not a dumb question! Strokes are blood clots in the brain. Did you want me to go into more detail?

Oooooh, I hope I didn't come across as if i was rubbing it in that I've had those sort of Mika moments...

Just say what happened...

Oh no of course you didn't. I don't think even Mika coming to your hospital room to sing you a lullaby is enough to compensate for having a stroke. :aah: I'm sure anyone would rather have their health! I was very proud to call myself a Mika fan when he acted as soon as he got off the plane and sent you those flowers and I, for one, loved hearing all about it. He's a good pop star. :wub2:

Since Vanessa is now asking in other threads for people's experiences I will risk the "I hate you" comments. :teehee:

Probably my two best experiences were the secret gig in LA and getting to work with him before the North American tour.

When Perez came onto MFC and told everyone to keep April 14th and 15th free because something special was going to happen I started convincing everyone I could to come down to LA even though we didn't know exactly what was going to happen. After an interminable Mika drought and with the prospect of hearing new songs, I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go. And Mika did not disappoint!

Not only did he put on a free show where he performed the new songs in a little club, but he made sure that MFC got the royal treatment which was one of the first signs of love from him since he'd taken over ownership of the fan club. :wub2: They took us aside and made sure we had our wristbands before they handed them out to the general public and they saved wristbands for the few people who were still travelling long distances to get there in time for the gig.

Through a bit of a mishap we ended up missing out on a chance to speak to Mika at the ice cream truck and everyone was disappointed. But a couple of hours later Mika sent me a message on Twitter and asked me to let the other MFCers know that he wanted to say hi the next day.

Because he had greeted fans all day at the ice cream truck he didn't come out to sign autographs after the show, but true to his word he arranged for 15 MFCers to stay in the venue after the show so we could have a private meeting with him.

Since the secret gig was all so last minute most people didn't have gifts or things for him to sign so we just had a nice chat with him. I was able to introduce myself properly and actually say a few things to him that I'd wanted to say but never thought I'd get the chance because there were always so many people waiting to talk to him.

I was able to thank him for the champagne that he'd sent to our Christmas party a few months before and told him we'd had a great time. He said he hoped so because he'd spent enough money to get a lot of people very drunk. :roftl:

I think a lot of fans probably wish they could tell Mika how much they love his music but since he's heard it a thousand times before I never thought I would get to say it in any kind of meaningful context. But I was one of the first fans to speak to him after he debuted some songs from TBWKTM so when I told him I loved the new songs and they were everything I had hoped they'd be he said "Are they really? Oh good!" and seemed genuinely pleased.

He had been wearing a rocketship pendant at the ice cream truck the day before and I had been seriously contemplating buying it for him for months but didn't get a chance to pick it up before I came to LA. I asked him if it was the same pendant I thought it was and he said yes and that he actually had two of them. A close friend and a relative had each given him one as a gift and he had to make sure whenever he wore it that they weren't in the same room together. :naughty:

This led to someone asking him about the pendant he was wearing at the moment and he told us it contained perfume. He opened it up and put some of the powder on our wrists so that we could smell it. It was an old Victorian powdery type of scent. Whenever he talks about collecting smells now it makes me smile thinking of him wearing one around his neck and sharing it with us.

He told us someone had informed him about our discussions on MFC where everyone was saying that a wrinkled jacket he had worn to an event was ugly. He said "I like that jacket, so piss off!" :lmfao:

I told him the jacket actually looked better when it was open and he said that I was right, because he's so tall when he has it closed he "looks like a dick". :teehee:

Someone asked him for a photograph and he said we'd do it at the end so he could continue having a proper chat with everyone. Before he left he took individual photos with all of us and then a couple of group shots.

(Okay sorry this has gotten ridiculously long now, I'll have to make another post about the North American tour. :naughty:)

Oh no of course you didn't. I don't think even Mika coming to your hospital room to sing you a lullaby is enough to compensate for having a stroke. :aah: I'm sure anyone would rather have their health! I was very proud to call myself a Mika fan when he acted as soon as he got off the plane and sent you those flowers and I, for one, loved hearing all about it. He's a good pop star. :wub2:

Ooooh, good! I wish he had... there was heaps of room im my ward to perform for him.. all he needed to do was bring Martin along to play guitar and I'd have been happy!

He's such a good pop star... And I still grin like an idiot when I think about him sending me flowers :biggrin2:

Since Vanessa is now asking in other threads for people's experiences I will risk the "I hate you" comments. :teehee:

Probably my two best experiences were the secret gig in LA and getting to work with him before the North American tour.

When Perez came onto MFC and told everyone to keep April 14th and 15th free because something special was going to happen I started convincing everyone I could to come down to LA even though we didn't know exactly what was going to happen. After an interminable Mika drought and with the prospect of hearing new songs, I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go. And Mika did not disappoint!

Not only did he put on a free show where he performed the new songs in a little club, but he made sure that MFC got the royal treatment which was one of the first signs of love from him since he'd taken over ownership of the fan club. :wub2: They took us aside and made sure we had our wristbands before they handed them out to the general public and they saved wristbands for the few people who were still travelling long distances to get there in time for the gig.

Through a bit of a mishap we ended up missing out on a chance to speak to Mika at the ice cream truck and everyone was disappointed. But a couple of hours later Mika sent me a message on Twitter and asked me to let the other MFCers know that he wanted to say hi the next day.

Because he had greeted fans all day at the ice cream truck he didn't come out to sign autographs after the show, but true to his word he arranged for 15 MFCers to stay in the venue after the show so we could have a private meeting with him.

Since the secret gig was all so last minute most people didn't have gifts or things for him to sign so we just had a nice chat with him. I was able to introduce myself properly and actually say a few things to him that I'd wanted to say but never thought I'd get the chance because there were always so many people waiting to talk to him.

I was able to thank him for the champagne that he'd sent to our Christmas party a few months before and told him we'd had a great time. He said he hoped so because he'd spent enough money to get a lot of people very drunk. :roftl:

I think a lot of fans probably wish they could tell Mika how much they love his music but since he's heard it a thousand times before I never thought I would get to say it in any kind of meaningful context. But I was one of the first fans to speak to him after he debuted some songs from TBWKTM so when I told him I loved the new songs and they were everything I had hoped they'd be he said "Are they really? Oh good!" and seemed genuinely pleased.

He had been wearing a rocketship pendant at the ice cream truck the day before and I had been seriously contemplating buying it for him for months but didn't get a chance to pick it up before I came to LA. I asked him if it was the same pendant I thought it was and he said yes and that he actually had two of them. A close friend and a relative had each given him one as a gift and he had to make sure whenever he wore it that they weren't in the same room together. :naughty:

This led to someone asking him about the pendant he was wearing at the moment and he told us it contained perfume. He opened it up and put some of the powder on our wrists so that we could smell it. It was an old Victorian powdery type of scent. Whenever he talks about collecting smells now it makes me smile thinking of him wearing one around his neck and sharing it with us.

He told us someone had informed him about our discussions on MFC where everyone was saying that a wrinkled jacket he had worn to an event was ugly. He said "I like that jacket, so piss off!" :lmfao:

I told him the jacket actually looked better when it was open and he said that I was right, because he's so tall when he has it closed he "looks like a dick". :teehee:

Someone asked him for a photograph and he said we'd do it at the end so he could continue having a proper chat with everyone. Before he left he took individual photos with all of us and then a couple of group shots.

(Okay sorry this has gotten ridiculously long now, I'll have to make another post about the North American tour. :naughty:)

Awwwwwww yay! I don't think I've ever read the full story of what happened!

I remember being so jealous of you and the others who travelled to that... I still hope to be decadent and travel overseas to a Mika concert sometime soon :teehee:

You, Sara and Mana are my inspiration :wub2:

• 1 year later...

i know this thread ended a long time ago but it was sooo interesting reading this. thanks for sharing christine! :thumb_yello: i hope one day to have a similar experience..:wink2:

Oh man, I can't believe I come on MFC after so many days, and I randomly find this old post being bumped :teehee::roftl:

Lovely memories from those days though, the LA secret gig was definitely a 'special' moment, and I still smile when I think of it. It was truly fantastic.

Same for the Toronto thing a few months later of course (which you never came back to write here about :naughty:)

i know this thread ended a long time ago but it was sooo interesting reading this. thanks for sharing christine! :thumb_yello: i hope one day to have a similar experience..:wink2:

I hope you do too! I have a feeling you'll get to meet him for sure. Where there is a will there is a way and you seem like you have the will. :wink2:

Oh man, I can't believe I come on MFC after so many days, and I randomly find this old post being bumped :teehee::roftl:

Lovely memories from those days though, the LA secret gig was definitely a 'special' moment, and I still smile when I think of it. It was truly fantastic.

Same for the Toronto thing a few months later of course (which you never came back to write here about :naughty:)

Oh I hadn't seen the bump until you bumped the bump. :naughty: I'm actually glad I wrote that. I'd already forgotten half of it. :aah:

Archived