Previous albums from Mika?

Em'

Hi everybody,

I have searched in the forum but haven't seen any thread related to this.

I don't know what to think of it. This link shows 2 albums (US releases) that would have been done by Mika before, one in 2000 (simply called: Mika) and one in 2004 (Right Place, Right Time).

I don't know if the 2000 one is really relevant (Mika might have been only 16 at the time), but if you look at the picture of Right Place, Right Time, from far it can really look like him, hugging a girl.

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,1079193,00.html?src=search&artist=Mika

Of course, the albums are not available (that would have enabled to recognize if it's his voice). And maybe those albums are by a different Mika, but as they are linked to his name and bio....

Anyone aware of anything?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it may be this mika

Called mika nakishma something like that.

He has simillar hair to mika ???

LOL, Nakashima Mika is a lady :roftl:

There's a band called Mika that I've heard of... maybe it's by them? On one of their album covers, there's this Lego figure-type-thing that actually looks very similar to... 'our' Mika :roftl:

I lookd at the pic very carefully...it doesn't seem to be him...those 2 people aren't as tall & thin as him

and the man is wearing shorts, has anyone ever seen our mika in shorts(other than when he wa son the jetski)

Here's a site with some sound samples. Some kind of electronica stuff. If you look at the enlarged album cover, it looks like two men.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6402036/a/Right+Place+Right+Time.htm

Oh, here's some more info:

Klein Records ~ klcd047 ~ November 2003

The follow up to Mika’s debut album of 3 years ago, whereupon the members spread their wings, wrote their bits and pieces around Europe and conglomerated again to produce ‘Right Place, Right Time’. Yet, taking that into consideration, this is a suprisingly cohesive album with some great moments. Beginning with the mesmeric bass tones and downtrodden vocal drawls of ‘My Opinion Never Sleeps’ and retro eighties sensibilities of ‘Interesting Times’, the album hits a high with the incredible addictive pop sensibilities of ‘I Know How Morrissey Felt’. Right Time, Right Place uses a variety of vocalists to project the lyrical asperations of love and romance, encapsulated by the melancholy structure of the songs, which flutter between melodic pop and downtempo electronica.

The album is certainly a grower, and whilst it consistently nods towards the vagaries of the past, the sound remains contemporary and focused. Mika have produced a charming album, occasionally uplifting and well worth a gamble, even if the songwriting isn’t always of the very highest quality throughout.

http://www.barcodezine.com/revmikarightplacerighttime17022004.htm

Hi everybody' date='

I have searched in the forum but haven't seen any thread related to this.

I don't know what to think of it. This link shows 2 albums (US releases) that would have been done by Mika before, one in 2000 (simply called: Mika) and one in 2004 (Right Place, Right Time).

I don't know if the 2000 one is really relevant (Mika might have been only 16 at the time), but if you look at the picture of Right Place, Right Time, from far it can really look like him, hugging a girl.

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,1079193,00.html?src=search&artist=Mika

Of course, the albums are not available (that would have enabled to recognize if it's his voice). And maybe those albums are by a different Mika, but as they are linked to his name and bio....

Anyone aware of anything?[/quote']

That's really weird. But, I don't think it's the Mika we know. The track listings don't even "sound" like him, if that makes any sense.

I don't think it's Mika. Unless Mika lied about "Life in Cartoon Motion" being his first (USA/UK?) album, then... maybe.

But the guy in the other pic isn't as tall/thin as Mika. Then again, if he was 16, he was probably shorter. :-/

• 9 months later...

mika_right_place__right_time_01.jpg

I'm pretty sure this album isn't his...

There are many other MIKA's out there. This is probably just some other artist named MIKA. Why wouldn't he let us know he had a album before LICM?

I don't think it's his :wink2:

EDIT: And here's this:

After the Mika debut album, released by Klein records in 2000 [in 2000 our MIKA was still in school and didn't even do Cabaret yet.], it was time for a change. The electronic toys were moved, Simon Nola moved to Graz, Matthias Kertal moved to Vienna, honorary Mika Lea Sonnek moved to London. Mika's musical home cannot be defined clearly. There is no such thing as a clear-cut definition of Mika's musical style. Their music cannot be squeezed into any simple category of short term trends.

And the record company is 'Klein Records'.

It's not him ;)