Big Girl Video:version #2...

BonjourMika1990

I love those big girls...you know..I've always been very careful about weight because when I was a child I was quite chubby...but now I look at them, I'm sure they feel sexy thanks to him (and they are indeed) and I won't feel the same in spite of my 50kilos... oh they give me good vibes and make me reflect...

everyone seems so happy! :wub2: I love that man!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, this is much more energetic and professional looking than the first cut. I knew just a bit of editing could improve it immensely. I did like some of the bits at the very end of the first video that didn't make this cut...but 80% of that first video needed to be heavily edited.

This works so much better. Love it.

i love this one...more mika, esp close ups and more braces:biggrin2: . yeah cherisse!! however, there r some parts i miss from the first version, lol like the lil dance/shaking thing he did!! but either way they were good. :biggrin2:

i'm so confuzzled! I'm still kinda new to the mika frenzy. what's the deal with mika and his braces? are they the clear kind without any wires?..and how can you see them in this video. they just look like regular teeth to me..

i'm so confuzzled! I'm still kinda new to the mika frenzy. what's the deal with mika and his braces? are they the clear kind without any wires?..and how can you see them in this video. they just look like regular teeth to me..

Outside of North America, suspenders are called braces. Everyone's talking about the moves he's doing with his suspenders.

Oh, meant to add - Mika refers to braces (suspenders) in the song. That's why all the fans refer to them as braces, even the North Americans.

:shocked: :shocked:

i know what you mean, but it ain't about teeth.

haha I know, that got me confused too when I first saw it xD

but yeah braces = suspenders here :biggrin2:

Back before I read MFC, I'd only listened to LICM a few times and hadn't paid much attention to the lyrics of Big Girl. But when I saw him live and he was doing those suspender moves that's when the penny dropped. Ahh....braces :naughty:

We call them "garters" Babs. ;-)

It's a good thing I'm into so many other British things that it doesn't get me confused...

--Jack

That's good because misuse of the word "pants" can lead to even more confusion and snickers. Not to mention a couple of other Britishisms I probably shouldn't even refer to here.

We call them "garters" Babs. ;-)

It's a good thing I'm into so many other British things that it doesn't get me confused...

--Jack

Well we do call a garter a garter to keep your stocking up which look like this

garter.jpg

and suspenders which look like this

suspenders.jpg

It looks more professional, and the rough edges have been smoothed out a bit. It was a good idea to incorporate more camera angles, because it gives the video energy.

Sorry to those who were cut out of it though! :(

That's good because misuse of the word "pants" can lead to even more confusion and snickers. Not to mention a couple of other Britishisms I probably shouldn't even refer to here.

Yeah, I find it very annoying! I have a good number of Brits who read my livejournal, and I never know whether to say "pants" or "trousers!" I use both and assume people will get what I mean through context.

Though the first time I visited London (to go to a concert!) I told a girl in the queue (see, we call it a "line"), that I liked her pants, and she stared at me in horror, "oh my god, are they showing?" So then I had to assure her I only meant trousers and had slipped up in my usage.

--Jack

Though the first time I visited London (to go to a concert!) I told a girl in the queue (see, we call it a "line"), that I liked her pants, and she stared at me in horror, "oh my god, are they showing?" So then I had to assure her I only meant trousers and had slipped up in my usage.

--Jack

Hey, what concert did you go to? The only concert I've seen in London is Culture Club/Human League/ABC if you can believe that. British pop music at the turn of the millennium was really rubbish. I listened almost exclusively to trance. :mf_rosetinted:

My ex is South African and they also say pants instead of trousers. He asked a woman he worked with if she wanted to see his new pants and the poor girl was mortified.