Pronounced: NIK-ee [key]

Pet form of NICOLE or NICOLA (2)

NICOLA (2)

Usage: English

Latinate feminine form of NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS

Usage: English, French

Pronounced: NI-ko-las (English), nee-ko-LA (French) [key]

From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop from Anatolia who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is also known as Santa Claus (from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, and Greece and Russia. Nicholas was also the name of two czars of Russia and five popes.

Yay, I'm Lady Claus XD

Ohmy.. none of my names are found in the database..:boxed::bleh: So, I used another site :wink2:

Zahara

Origin: Hebrew

Meaning: Shining; bright

Pronunciation: za HAH rah

Joycelyn

Origin: French

Meaning: Tribal name of the Gauts

Pronunciation: JOYS lin

Fieke

Origin: Greek

Meaning: Wisdom (of Life)

Pronunciation: FEE kuh

Annephine

Origin: not found.

Meaning: not found.

Pronunciation: anne PHIN e

Ana (Slavic, Spanish),(Portuguese)

Anna is a common given name. It is a form of the Latinic "Hannah", which derives from the Hebrew name "Channah" which means "grace/charm" or "mercy". Due to its Biblical traditions, the name is common in many different forms.

* Anne is a family surname in Andhra Pradesh India.

* Hanne, Hanna, and Hannah are female given names.

* C. N. Annadurai is referred to as Anna by his followers.

wow what interesting names and meanings you all have!

Ea - gaelic for fire

Ea - (fresh water, akkadian) another way of saying Enki (lord of the world). Old god of Babylon/Assyria or what ever it was (old Iraq) :naughty: The Capricorn is infact Enki - me.. I'm a god!

Don't get me started, I've read all information available about the Babylonian gods and goddesses.. And one of the oldest downwritten religions.. Lol :mf_rosetinted:

(The page says)

EA

Usage: Near Eastern Mythology

Meaning unknown, perhaps from Sumerian meaning "house of water". This was the Akkadian and Babylonian name of the Sumerian water god Enki.

I'm named after a God, is that why I'm so divine?

no fair mika is a god too! is of or like god

ELIZABETH

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: ee-LIZ-a-beth [key]

From Ελισαβετ (Elisabet), the Greek form of the Hebrew name אֱלִישֶׁבַע ('Elisheva') meaning "my God is an oath" or perhaps "my God is abundance". The Hebrew form appears in the Old Testament where Elisheba is the wife of Aaron, while the Greek form appears in the New Testament where Elizabeth is the mother of John the Baptist.

The name was borne in the 12th century by Saint Elizabeth, a daughter of King Andrew II of Hungary who became a Franciscan nun and lived in poverty. It was also the name of a ruling queen of England and an empress of Russia. Famous modern bearers include the British queen Elizabeth II and actress Elizabeth Taylor

:biggrin2:

REBECCA

Usage: English, Italian, Swedish, Biblical

Pronounced: re-BEK-a (English) [key]

From the Hebrew name רִבְקָה (Rivqah), possibly meaning "a snare" in Hebrew, or perhaps derived from an Aramaic name. This was the name of the wife of Isaac and the mother of Esau and Jacob in the Old Testament.

Danie: that form is not in the database but it's a pet form of Danielle witch is feminine of Daniel in french.

DANIEL

From the Hebrew name דָנִיֵּאל (Daniyyel) meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world.

CHIARA

Usage: Italian

Italian form of CLARA. Saint Chiara (commonly called Saint Clare in English) was a follower of Saint Francis of Assisi.

CLARA

Usage: Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, Romanian, English

Pronounced: KLAH-rah (Italian, German, Spanish), KLER-a (English), KLAR-a (English) [key]

Medieval name derived from Latin clarus "clear, bright, famous".

I like my name...is...bright and fresh :original:

OMG!! I totally love your name!!

NADINE

Usage: French

Pronounced: na-DEEN

French elaborated form of NADYA (1)

NADYA (1)

Usage: Russian

Other Scripts: Надя (Russian)

Pet form of NADEZHDA

NADEZHDA

Usage: Russian, Bulgarian, Slovak

Other Scripts: Надежда (Russian, Bulgarian)

Pronounced: nah-DYEZH-dah (Russian)

Means "hope" in Russian.

Ok, so in one word my name means HOPE.

I actually don't rally like my name so much.

My name is Ana (very common name):

ANNA

Usage: English, Italian, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, Finnish, Estonian, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Czech, Slovak, Bulgarian, Icelandic, Catalan, Breton, Biblical

Other Scripts: Αννα (Greek), Анна (Russian, Bulgarian)

Pronounced: AN-a (English), AHN-nah (Italian, Dutch, Polish), AH-nah (German, Russian) [key]

Latinate form of HANNAH. It appears briefly in the New Testament belonging to a prophetess who recognized Jesus as the Messiah. It was also borne by an 18th-century empress of Russia and by the main character in Tolstoy's 'Anna Karenina', a woman forced to choose between her son and her lover.

My name means: 'Christams day' really funny because my birthday is 24 december :bleh:

Cool name Nathalie! :wink2: And cool birthday. My name is Natalie but I was born in August. :naughty:

NATALIE

Usage: French, English, German

Pronounced: nat-a-LEE (French), NAD-a-lee (English), NAH-tah-lee (German) [key]

From the Late Latin name Natalia, which meant "Christmas Day" from Latin natale domini.

MANUELA :biggrin2:

Usage: Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, German

Pronounced: mah-noo-E-lah (German)

Feminine form of MANUEL

Short German form of EMANUEL, as well as the Spanish and Portuguese normal form. This was the name of two kings of Portugal and two Byzantine emperors.

Means "God is with us" in Hebrew. This was the foretold name of the Messiah in the Old Testament.

I really love my name!:wub2:

wow what interesting names and meanings you all have!

no fair mika is a god too! is of or like god

I'm more a god than him! Obey me! Muhahahaahahah!!!

:blink:

EMMA

Usage: English, French, Italian, Finnish, Dutch

Pronounced: EM-a (English) [key]

Derived from Germanic ermen meaning "whole" or "universal". This name was borne by the mother of Edward the Confessor and by an 11th-century German saint. This is also the name of the central character in Jane Austen's novel 'Emma', the matchmaker Emma Woodhouse.

Not what I've heard before about what Emma means, but ok ^^

And weird that they don't have Swedish in usage, since it has been the most popular girls name for 15 years here...