2 of Lifes's Mika Mysteries Solved!

Suzy

The original flavour is black currant, and I think there's a raspberry version as well.

I'm so glad you said that about the raspberry because I used to see Ribena everywhere in the UK and the thought of drinking something that tastes like black currants makes me want to yack. I could never understand why it was so popular but I couldn't bring myself to taste it to find out. Raspberry sounds good though and it looks more like what Suzy has in her bottle (although that could be the flash making it appear lighter?)

Anyway on the Earl Grey tea...my first thought was Twinings, but I would think that would be pretty widely available so he might not need to take it everywhere. Are we certain he uses tea bags?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the thought of drinking something that tastes like black currants makes me want to yack.
:roftl: :roftl:

My mom used to make me drink it as a child because I was rail thin and like most people - mom believed it was chockful of vitamins. There's been recent controversy over actual percentage of Vitamin C and that it had too much sugar. No wonder I can't lose those last 10 lbs - baby fat no going away due to Ribena! :roftl:

Christine - I thought about his tea being Twinings too...(that's my favourite for Earl Grey). I don't know about the bags either...

I do remember however that he's reluctancy to mention the brand and promote it until he can get some freebies! I love an intelligent guy...:wub2:

Brilliant, Suzy, you're just priceless; keep up the good work! :thumb_yello:

On a lighter note: Um.... you found out about the brand - but what about the size? :biggrin2:

Hahaha! Naughty girl! :naughty: But I don't think it's GAP. The brand looks somewhat different if you take a closer look.

With the assistance of recent pics and reports from a collective effort of MFCers, this is a summary of the 2 recent Mika Mysteries Solved:

1. Grey Boxer/Briefs are not custom made.

Obviously you have much better/younger eyes than mine... I would have never been able to discern that on my own. (Of course, that doesn't mean I won't continue to scrutinize this photo... for the cryptic message on the waistband, of course! :wink2: )

2. Mika's Mystery Juice in which I stole from the Chicago concert and subsequently had a following of copycats do the same is no longer a mystery. Here is the proof (revealed by Martin Waugh, witnessed and reported by Babspanky and Bexxy):

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=341646#post341646

(dcdeb you must add water!)

:roftl: That caught me off guard, Suzy! I was just reading along and saw my name here... good thing I wasn't drinking at the time, or I may have given myself a nasal enema! :naughty:

[

3. My Next Mission - To uncover MIKA's favourite brand of Earl Grey Tea

This is in not a simply ridiculous pointless project. As we all know Mika will be celebrating his birthday in a very short time and knowing all his favourite things may come in handy....

Good luck! We shall begin to call you Sherlock Holmes... or perhaps Miss Marple, would be more appropriate...

:thumb_yello:

dcdeb <who always dilutes her Ribena now!>

Good luck! We shall begin to call you Sherlock Holmes... or perhaps Miss Marple, would be more appropriate...

Yeah, you are Sherlock's Hiress. :biggrin2: Great job. I had forgotten to cogartulate you in my previous post. :thumb_yello:

I'm pleased that it's very diluted Ribena because that's what I said it looked like when the discussion originally started. (my son drinks it like that!)

and I know what size his boxer shorts are.......................perfect!:naughty:

I'm pleased that it's very diluted Ribena because that's what I said it looked like when the discussion originally started. (my son drinks it like that!)

and I know what size his boxer shorts are.......................perfect!:naughty:

:naughty: I totally agree. I don't remember how many times I said this, but... HE'S TOO SEXY! :wub2:

I do remember however that he's reluctancy to mention the brand and promote it until he can get some freebies! I love an intelligent guy...:wub2:

Well he has to mention it before anyone gives him freebies. Does he think they're psychic? At the very least he could expect freebies from us because then we'll know what he drinks.

Well he has to mention it before anyone gives him freebies. Does he think they're psychic? At the very least he could expect freebies from us because then we'll know what he drinks.

:roftl: Hahah, I found that way too funny.

I love the idea of Mika firmly believing in the psychic powers of the makers of his favorite Earl Grey.

"Why don't they call me for freebies and promotion?" he wonders in total bewilderment as he pours himself another cuppa and frowns at one of his 20 mobile phones. "Surely they're just being stubborn!"

--Jack

:roll1::lol3:

:roftl: Hahah, I found that way too funny.

I love the idea of Mika firmly believing in the psychic powers of the makers of his favorite Earl Grey.

"Why don't they call me for freebies and promotion?" he wonders in total bewilderment as he pours himself another cuppa and frowns at one of his 20 mobile phones. "Surely they're just being stubborn!"

--Jack

:lmao::roftl:

Forget about getting him on Oprah. We need to lobby for Mika to have his own chat show and he can do giveaways called "Mika's Favourite Things".

He could get sponsors to put up Ribena, Gap undies, as-yet-unnamed Earl Grey tea. If he could sweet talk Bombardier maybe he could even swing a jet so he can make it to Sweden on time.

Of course the studio audience for these special epis will be composed entirely of MFC members.

What other goodies would be part of Mika's Favourite Things?

Manga comics

Guest appearances- Rufus Wainwright, Bodies Without Organs

Converse All-Star Hi-Tops

Adidas

Bandai - makers of Tamagotchi

Swatch

He's got crap taste in hair products! He said his mousse runs into his eyes! Don't need any of that.

--Jack

Ohh I think he needs to change to serum LOL less frizz and no dripping LOL:roftl:

He's got crap taste in hair products! He said his mousse runs into his eyes! Don't need any of that.

--Jack

Maybe Oprah can find him some better ones. :naughty:

It doesn't really matter to me. I only trust my beloved hair to natural products anyway.

:roftl: That caught me off guard, Suzy! I was just reading along and saw my name here... good thing I wasn't drinking at the time, or I may have given myself a nasal enema! :naughty:

Which is why I bolded your name in 'red':roftl:

I can pick up on the most random bits of info around here! :wink2:

BTW - i believe they make Ribena in a ready to drink diluted form now...

:biggrin2:

BTW - i believe they make Ribena in a ready to drink diluted form now...

:biggrin2:

For simpletons like me! LOL!

Good piece of info to remember...

Thanks!

dcdeb

• 2 weeks later...
Hahaha! Naughty girl! :naughty: But I don't think it's GAP. The brand looks somewhat different if you take a closer look.

thanks guys for the detective work..hehe his secret mika juice is no longer a secret :biggrin2: i only drank ribena once...pure, so now i shall dilute :biggrin2:

*goes out to buy ribena*

about the boxers...he prob has some customed made...or prob he doesn't and was just joking as usual, but i don't see GAP either....

With the assistance of recent pics and reports from a collective effort of MFCers, this is a summary of the 2 recent Mika Mysteries Solved:

1. Grey Boxer/Briefs are not custom made. Here is the proof (look closely at what Rainbow Sky describes as the "Braille" writing on the waistband (photo courtesy of missyh) :

gap.jpg[/img]

They are from the Gap.

in which I have claimed to always be my favourite store...http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=288299#post288299

GreyGap.jpg

2. Mika's Mystery Juice in which I stole from the Chicago concert and subsequently had a following of copycats do the same is no longer a mystery. Here is the proof (revealed by Martin Waugh, witnessed and reported by Babspanky and Bexxy):

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=341646#post341646

Ribena_Blackcurrant_Bottle_500_Ml.jpg+ evian (dcdeb you must add water!) =IMG_0371-1.jpg

3. My Next Mission - To uncover MIKA's favourite brand of Earl Grey Tea

This is in not a simply ridiculous pointless project. As we all know Mika will be celebrating his birthday in a very short time and knowing all his favourite things may come in handy....

I think he will send a restraining order after us sooner or later... :blink:

I think he will send a restraining order after us sooner or later... :blink:

I've changed...promise. I'm no longer a threat because I am not an obsessed fan anymore. My husband is sick & tired of "MIKA , MIKA MIKA" so I am not allowed to be excited... :emot-sad: